Our Maknae | 1

By disasian

In 2006, a six to seven year old named Y/N L/N moves to Seoul, South Korea carrying nothing but her parents'... More

prolouge
1. solo things
2. group work
3. why you always lying
4. you're back
6. awkward
7. happy birthday
8. feel special
9. vlive
10. no peace and no quiet
11. peace and quiet
12. privacy
13. a hot mess
14. schedules
15. rest
16. scared
17. an act
18. trouble
19. dare
20. last days

5. before the comeback

7.9K 325 65
By disasian

An hour after we had dinner, some of us just rested in the living room, watching the TV together. I heard my phone vibrate and I reached over the side of the couch and groaned as I continued to reach for it. Chaeyoung chuckled in disbelief, watching me and went out of her way to reach for it instead and tossed it onto my lap.

"You're an angel." I told her before looking at the ID.

"Who is it?" Jihyo asked, looking at me.

"That is my brother from another mother." I said and stood up from the couch. I walked over to the front of the apartment and grabbed a jacket. "I'll be back by 1? 3? Depends on how much I drink." I added as I put the jacket on and grabbed my shoes.

"Hey! It's almost our comeback." Jihyo said and I chuckled, putting my shoes on.

"Fine, I'll be home before midnight." Once I finished putting my shoes on, I rushed out of the dorm and then I walked out the building. In front of the doors was a van and I jogged over to the passenger door. Once I opened it, I saw JB and he turned his head to me, a small smile on his face.

"Jaebum!" I exclaimed and the two of us share a quick hug.

"Let's go?" He asked and I nodded, closing the door beside me.

——

"The fact, that you've been doing this 'practice' thing with Nayeon for all of Chuseok is." He remarked as I sipped from the beer bottle. We sat in the living room of his apartment and I won't lie, it was nice to have some time away from the girls. I love them all so much but after how long living with them- let alone with this many people, I had to take any chance I can get.

On the glass table in front of us was a box of pizza and two bags of McDonalds too so we were just hanging out. Besides, if we went out together, we'd definitely spark some unnecessary dating rumors.

"Yeah, I can't believe it either." I chuckled. He then pulled himself away from the couch and went to pour us both a shot of soju.

"You should've gone with Momo to her sister. You never know what could've happened." He said, finishing to pour his shot before moving to my shot glass.

"Yeah but I don't think dating any of the members will ever bring anything good from the public." I replied. I thanked him as he handed me my glass and we both clinked our glasses together before taking the shot.

"That's how Korea is." He shrugged and leaned back onto the couch again.

12:30 in the morning and we were quite tipsy around this time. When I checked the time, I let out a groan, realizing that I already had gone past the said time I told Jihyo I'd be home at. But from the absence of texts and calls, I assumed that the girls had already gone to sleep.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked, grabbing a beer bottle and I nodded, turning my head towards him.

"What is it?"

"Did you ever notice how obsessed Jihyo was with you?" He tilted the tip of the bottle towards me with furrowed brows and I raised a brow, confused at what he just told me.

"I don't know what you're trying to say." I said and he sat up.

"I may be tipsy right now Y/N but I don't lie or say bullshit." He looked at me. "It's incredible that you never noticed how infatuated she was with you." He continued as he took a small bite of pizza. "She's your best friend yes, and you two are like sisters, but when you two were trainees, Taecyeon told me she'd always be in that diary of hers every time you left." He finished.

I turned my head to the window, looking at the city lights and hummed, thinking about it.

3rd Person

"What are you doing?" Taecyeon asked as he sat down beside Jisoo, noticing her writing in her diary.

"N-nothing oppa!" Jisoo exclaimed and slapped her book shut before he could even have a small glimpse at what she was writing.

"Really?" He asked and raised his eyebrow leaning closer to take a peek but Jisoo then pulled the book farther away from him.

"Really, it's nothing." She defended herself.

"Alright, let me see what you have." He said, taking the book out of her hands and she whined reaching out for it. Taecyeon stood up after so that there was no way she could reach him.

"My best friend who I secretly like." He started reading the words on the page he landed on out loud as Jisoo only whined louder from there. "Today has been eventful, I practiced hard and today Y/N-ssi looked even cuter than yesterday." He continued and a smile curved up his cheeks. "Why am I like this? It's how I was with Khun oppa, but he can't match up to her." He said and Jisoo made a hmph sound crossing her arms.

"Is this what having a crush really feels like? Ever since Chuseok, I've always had a different smile around her than others."

"Hopefully, when we get older, maybe I'll realize what these feelings were about her." He finished, closing the book before handing it back to Jisoo.

"That's quite the story Taecyeon told you." Y/N said with a soft smile.

"What time is it? It's 2. Want me to drive you home?" He asked her and Y/N shook her head.

"I'll just get a cab home." She said and he nodded.

Just as she left the apartment, she shared a hug with JB.

"I can't wait for your comeback." He told her before she waved goodbye and walked out the apartment building. When she saw her cab, she walked to it and soon was her on her way back home.

——

When Y/N walked inside the dorm, she was surprised to see that some of the lights were still on. Though, it was only in the living room where the lights illuminated from and on the couch, Y/N saw Jihyo watching TV.

"You stayed up later than you told me I would." Jihyo commented, looking away from the tv and Y/N frowned, walking over to her.

"I'm sorry, I lost track of time." I said and she sighed, sitting up.

"As long as you got home." Jihyo stood up from the couch and walked to Y/N, patting her shoulder. "Well goodnight Y/N." She yawned, walking away from her.

"Actually Jisoo eonnie," Y/N stopped Jihyo in her tracks and she nodded, turning back around. "Did you ever have a really strong liking towards me when we were trainees?" She asked her.

"Where did you hear that from? Jaebum oppa?" She replied, crossing her arms.

"Well yeah." A soft chuckle escapes from Y/N's mouth and she scratched the back of her neck nervously. Jihyo then sighed through her nose, walking up to her.

"Of course I did," Jihyo admitted as she placed her hands on each of Y/N's arms. "I don't know exactly what it was or what it is, but I've had that feeling the longest time." She added. The confession made Y/N grow all shy and she looked away from her.

"Look at me." Jihyo said and Y/N does so, making the two of them have eye contact.

"But after realizing I waited too long, I then met Daniel. So maybe it was romantic as of recently." Jihyo continued and Y/N reached up, placing her hand over Jihyo's.

"Jisoo I-"

"It's okay, 'cause I'm happy now, and you are too right?" Jihyo asked with a smile that brightened up the place.

"Yeah.." Y/N nodded slowly and Jihyo reached up to kiss her cheek.

"Goodnight Y/N." Jihyo uttered after the kiss and turned around.

"Goodnight Jisoo.." Y/N said, watching her walk away from her.

"Eonnie.." Y/N finished her sentence and sighed. She went to the couch and sits down on the couch before pulling the group laptop out from one of the cabinets of the couch.

"Say cheese you two!" Y/N's mom was heard behind the camera.

"Cheese!" Both Jihyo and Y/N said as they hugged each other tightly.

"Great!" Y/N's mom exclaimed as Jihyo grabbed Y/N's hand and the two ran off somewhere.

"Do you think they'll ever get together in the future?" Jihyo's mom was heard also.

"No doubt Jihyo would love it, large chance that Y/N won't see it." Y/N's mom answered.

"If only that girl wasn't as blindas she is right now." Jihyo's mom sighed before she walked away.

"When will you ever realize it Y/N?" Her mom said before the video was cut off.

Y/N closed the video and a frustrated sigh comes out of her mouth. How could she be so stupid?

Thanks to the guilt that overwhelmed her, she didn't bother to go back to her room. She just turned off all the lights and grabbed a blanket hugging it closer to her as she rests her head on the arm rest of the couch and for the rest of the night, she watched old videos of her and Jihyo until she fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 11.8K 61
*COMPLETED* Kang Y/N isn't the usual 21 year old university student that you would come across. She's quite the rebellious type and definitely likes...
46.1K 1.6K 62
Y/n is a normal school girl, who adores TWICE so much, they are her happiness, her cure. Thinking how can she get a better life. What will happen if...
68.2K 2.6K 52
since 2018, y/n l/n moved to Seoul, South Korea at the young age of 18 with Filipino blood in her with an audition coming, has y/n prepared herself f...
33.2K 1.8K 15
After Sana's confession, Dahyun is having a hard time with her emotions and all the future changes, because even if she wants all to be the same, the...