The Prince and the Sol

By wildflowersandink

SEQUEL TO "HEALING EACH OTHER" * * * After a year of peace and hope, Loki has lost the person he cares about... More

Author's Note
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Headcanons
Note and Announcement
*Worth*
*Europe Pt. 1*
*Europe Pt. 2*
*Europe Pt. 3*
*Europe Pt. 4*
*Christmas with the Odinsons Pt. 1*
*Christmas with the Odinsons Part 2*
*Comic-Con*
PREQUEL!
PLEASE READ
HI!

EPILOGUE

3.8K 161 59
By wildflowersandink

ELIZA'S POV

*4 YEARS LATER*

The sunset is the prettiest I've seen in months. Winter sunsets are especially beautiful, just because there are less of them. Pinks and oranges shimmer on the newly fallen snow, slowly fading to let the Christmas lights brighten the night.

"Claire? It's bedtime, pumpkin!" I call, poking my head out the door. My breath disappears in the frigid air. No response. "Claire Natasha, it's time to come in!" Still nothing. I sigh and retreat back inside, knowing what's about to happen.

I walk into the living room, where Peter and Ned are lounging on the couch watching Christmas Vacation and munching on the homemade cookies we spent yesterday baking. "Hey, Eliza," Peter says, tossing me one. "Wanna watch with us?"

"Maybe in a bit. I need both of your help."

"What's up?" Ned asks eagerly. Peter's brought his friend here a couple of times over the years, and since they're both on Christmas break for college, the two decided to crash here. I was ecstatic when they asked. They've been here a few days, and so far, it's been a blast. It's like having two slightly annoying younger brothers in the house.

"Neither of you have seen Loki in a while, right?" They both shake their heads. "Go get some boots and warm clothes. I think there's an ambush waiting for me outside," I reply. The boys instantly run to grab various hats and scarves while I pull a coat on. This should be fun.

"Do we have a plan?" Peter asks as we all hover in front of the door.

"Well, there are really two situations that could possibly occur. It all depends on if Loki plays fair. If he plays fair, we can take them."

"What happens if he plays dirty?" Ned asks.

"Then he's going to use clones and we'll all be goners," I say, shrugging. "Ready?"

The three of us creep outside, carefully shutting the door so they can't hear. I bend to form a snowball in my mittened hands.

"Attack!" A little voice squeals. Snowballs start to fly in every direction. My daughter runs forward and hits me with one right in the face.

It's absolute mayhem. As soon as I see more than one of my husband, I know it's over for us. But we're all laughing and cold and excited and soaking wet within minutes, and I realize how much I love this life. We throw snowballs until the sun goes down, the white lights on the cottage as our only illumination.

"All right, mercy!" I yell with melting snow and tears of laughter streaming down my face. "You two win!" All of Loki's clones disappear and the real one walks up to me, grinning.

"Is that so, love?" He winks.

"Now!" I dive out of the way just before Peter drops a massive snowball right on Loki's head. He and Ned high five, and I only laugh harder.

"That was very good," Loki admits, brushing himself off.

"Nice one, man!" Ned exclaims.

"Claire, it's time for bed," I remind her. She gives me a pouty face. "You have to, or else Santa won't come tonight." She instantly runs into the house as fast as her little legs can carry her. The group follows her in, all eager to get into dry clothes.

About an hour later, we're all in pajamas and getting ready to go to bed. I pour a few mugs of hot cocoa and hand them to Ned and Peter, who are setting up sleeping bags on the living room floor.

"Sorry we don't have an extra room," I say.

"It's no problem. This is better than a dorm, anyway. We were gonna fight over the couch, but I didn't think that was really fair to Peter," Ned says matter-of-factly.

"Ned, seriously?" Peter asks. "I'm a superhero."

"I think I could still take you."

"There's no way."

"Dude, remember that time at homecoming? I saved your life!"

"Yeah, and then I helped save the world!"

"You wouldn't have been there to save it if I hadn't saved you!" The two boys begin to bicker, and I quietly sneak to the hallway.

"Night, you guys!"

There's a chorus of, "Night, Eliza!" before they both begin to argue again. I shake my head, smiling, before heading up to the bedrooms. Outside of Claire's bedroom, I can hear the two of them talking.

"Tell me a story!"

"What should it be about, darling?"

"You and Mommy! Something good! You always have good stories."

"Okay. Something good," he says. I can practically hear his smile. "Have I ever told you about the first time I met your mother?"

"No. Tell me please!"

"Well, I was with your Uncle Thor and the rest of our friends. I- I had done some bad things, and was very confused about myself. Your mother came to visit and help Uncle Bruce, because he couldn't figure something out by himself. Back then, I had none of the friends I have now."

"Really?"

"Yes. Even Uncle Thor was wary of me. It was a very lonely time. People didn't like me very much. I'll tell you why when you are older. But your mother. The first time I really saw her, she was in the sunset. She left everyone just to see it. The breeze blew her hair away from her face, and her smile was brighter than a thousand Asgardian suns. She was the first one to be kind to me. And I quickly fell in love with her."

"And then you got married and lived happily ever after?"

"It took a little longer than that." I open the door and sit on Claire's bed next to Loki.

"Did you like the story, pumpkin?" She nods eagerly. Claire is a spitting image of Loki, with her black curls and impish green eyes. I love her so much. "So did I." I give her a kiss on the forehead. "Good night."

"I love you," she murmurs sleepily.

"Sweet dreams, my littlest sol." Loki also gives her a kiss before we leave and shut off the lights.

"Ready for bed?" I ask him as I push open our bedroom door. He holds out a hand.

"Not yet. I desire a dance with my sol."

"I can give you that." We sway in each others' arms, me softly humming slow Christmas songs.

"Liza, you make me happy," Loki murmurs. I put my head on his chest, listen to his heartbeat. I never would have imagined that life would work out like this, but I'm so glad it did.

"Me too." My eyes fall on a picture of Claire as a baby, and I feel butterflies. I really need to tell him.

"I want another one," Loki says, also staring at the picture.

"Can you wait eight months?" I whisper. He looks down at me.

"What?"

"Merry Christmas, love," I whisper, smiling. I grab an ultrasound picture from my pocket.

"You're really-?"

"Yes!" I squeal, jumping up and down a bit. He pulls me into a big hug, both of our emotions running high. I've been keeping this secret for two weeks. It was even harder than waiting to tell him about Claire. Absolutely no one knew this time around.

"You're too good at presents." His green eyes light up as he takes the picture from me.

"You know, this time, we might actually get to be the ones to tell our friends," I say. Not like last time. That wasn't exactly ideal.

"I assume this is our secret for a little while?"

"Yeah. I'd like that." I get on my tiptoes and give Loki a kiss on the nose. "I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but I want Peter to be the godfather."

"That sounds perfect. Thor will be annoyed, which makes it even better."

"Lokes," I reprimand, but I'm grinning.

"I'm kidding," he says. I raise my eyebrows. "Okay, not completely. But I definitely agree about Peter. And I'm definitely happier than ever."

"Good." I snuggle into him. "Love you, Lokes."

"And I love you, my little sol."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 17.8K 48
This story is quite opposite of the most I've read since Loki will be babysitting you. You didn't want to be part of the Avengers but you were forced...
349K 18.2K 51
▷Set in Infinity War and Endgame It's all been leading to this... Six Infinity Stones. Two groups of heroes. One Enemy. Hi...
217K 8.5K 11
(Book 1) A new villain is threatening the Avengers. During a fight that the Avengers are bound to lose, something happens. Loki. He saves them, bu...
414K 11K 41
"Did you know" "Loki..." "DID YOU KNOW!!!" "yes....." "WHY.!....ARE YOU JUST LIKE FATHER!" "no... You're wrong, Loki..... I love you with all of my h...