(ABANDONED)TFP: Way of the Fl...

By SilverJay3709

Lena is a mutant. And of course, she is forced to keep in secret, especially when her ability is one that peo... More

1: Prologue
2
3
4
5
6
7
A/N Questionaire!
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
A/N
Rewrite

17

1K 23 12
By SilverJay3709

"Are you sure you're ready?" asks Jack, concerned that meeting the 'bots at their full height might frighten the dark-eyed girl. "Yes. Now, are we going or not?" The two were already riding Arcee's vehicle form, both wearing their helmets. "Glad to know you're excited to meet the team officially," Arcee comments. 

Hearing a voice coming from a motorcycle still bothered Lena a bit since she's used to vehicles not speaking, let alone being aliens. It's definitely going to take her a while to get used to that.

Driving outside of Jasper, Lena memorized the way, as well as gapping when Arcee started speeding towards a mesa wall, watching at it turned into a tunnel entrance to the one and only Autobot Base. "Whoa," breathing in what she saw. All the Autobots she met underneath the tree at their full heights. Bumblebee being the smallest, a white and orange-red striped robot with heart monitor patterns on their arms is the second smallest, then Wheeljack, Bulkhead, and Optimus Prime being the tallest. 

The two hop-off Arcee so she can transform back as well, adding her to the 'height list' as the shortest. "Holy- you guys are giant." Personally, Lena thought Bulkhead was large but he doesn't even compare to Optimus. 

Lena tuned out the conversation conversing around her and mainly observed the base she was in. There was a large Autobot insignia on the floor where the top of it faced another tunnel with large metal rings in it, spaced out evenly in the rock and a metal runway connecting all the rings. On the bottom part of the insignia faces the very center structure of the base. A hexagon-like structure stacked on each other, the bottom being the largest and the second level is the smallest with wide yellow stairways running down both. 

Also taking notice of the large green computer screens that the white and orange-red Autobot was typing on. On the screens were symbols she couldn't read nor recognize. Coming to the conclusion that it's their planet's writings.

Failing to notice the red and blue giant speaking to her before Jack nudges her shoulder. "Huh? Wha- sorry.. I... was looking around. What were you saying, sir?" Ignoring the baffled looks of the humans and 'bots around. No one has called Optimus 'sir' since Cybertron, neither had they ever expected that to come from a human. 

Optimus gives a small smile, adding more to his aura of serene tranquility. It almost makes Lena feel as though she can be herself and express her flaw. "It is quite alright, but you do not need to call me 'sir'. I've explained to Ratchet of your guardian's... previous treatment and he would like to look at your scars to make sure all have been healed. Are you alright with that?"

Being unable to go to the hospital for help without them discovering her mutant DNA, it would be a chance for her to actually have an evaluation of her current health. Then again, they'd see all her scars and she's not exactly sure if she should be comfortable on having an extraterrestrial aspect at her past wounds. Either way, it would either be now or deal with it later since this subject will most likely just be brought up again and again.

Silently nodding, Ratchet has the girl climb onto his servo, cupping his servo a bit to make sure she doesn't fall. Bringing her up to the human area, gesturing for her to sit on the medical bed. Jack walks up the bright yellow stairs, up to where Miko and Raf were racing each other on the one video game they have at base. Lena has noticed them but they still haven't noticed her and she hopes it stays that way until after the check-up. 

All the 'bots have gone to do their own thing, mainly watching their charges race each other, Bulkhead and Bumblebee cheering on while Arcee and Jack comment. Mainly Arcee since she's the sarcastic one of the group. Optimus typed away at the computer, looking for any traces of energon to add to their supply which wasn't exactly at it's lowest, but it was getting there. 

"BY PRIMUS HIMSELF! You shouldn't even be alive with all of these!" Ratchet's outburst alerted everyone in the base. Slouching with her hands holding onto the edge of the bed and her legs slightly swinging off them and her shirt's back up all the way and front rolled up to below her chest. With the long socks rolled completely down, showing the previous stab marks on her calves and cuts along her thigh. Miko hadn't seen them earlier since she was turned around while Lena changed into the clothes she brought. "I... I heal fast... my body is used to torment and so it created a faster healing system," blurting out whatever excuse she can use. 

Ratchet has seen a lot of injuries during his time as a field medic. Limbs torn off, energon gushing everywhere, risky surgeries, optic sockets blasted out, etc. He's seen new and old scars form and heal, seeing Lena's wasn't as bad as the scars he's seen in medical centers but on a child. It sickened him. Children are precious to Cybertronians and seeing one with scars, one with barely any life in their eyes, abused by their guardian. It was completely horrendous! Especially when the dark-skinned girl said she was used to such treatment.

Optimus told his team to stay with their charges as he checks with the two. "Ratchet, how are her injuries?" Scowling at the mention of them, Ratchet hisses, "She's lucky to be alive. For a human, her system does recover impeccably fast, a bit too fast. She's incredibly thin for a human and has a bit of a spinal fracture so I don't recommend running for a while. Although her body heat is fiercer than the normal human body and yet more frozen in other parts internally rather than externally. She doesn't seem to be affected by it in the least. Normally, it would mean she either has a fever or a cold but she's perfectly healthy on the virus scale."

Lena's mind starts to wonder how she'll come up with an excuse for that... but cold temperature in her body? Is his scan correct? She shouldn't be cold. And a spinal fracture? How come she hasn't felt anything painful in her back, then?

Averting her gaze from the two 'bots conversing, Optimus noticing her action while the medic's back was turned to face him. "Optimus, you must tell me what you specifically saw in that orphanage, it may help me understand her wounds to a higher degree," advice the medic. Furiously shaking her head with her eyes open wide in fear at the Autobot leader. Mouthing 'please don't!'

Humming, "Perhaps, old friend, we wait until she is ready to tell." Exhaling the breath she held in while the medic protested, Optimus not changing his mind. Knowing persisting would be a lost cause, Ratchet stopped, going back to scanning over his patient's scars, triple checking that he got all the information he can get. "I-um.. I can just pull my shirt back down... right?" "Hmm? Oh, yes yes, you can roll down your clothing," getting lost in the data trying to come up with a conclusion for her body temperatures being do different in parts of her body, like a storm of two different elements battling each other.

She felt more comfortable with her worst scars covered, not like she wants them on display in the first place. Debating whether or not to walk over to the ugly yellow couch where Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee stood behind close to the railing, cheering on their charges as they battle each other in virtual reality racing. 

Wheeljack notices this, "They're not gonna bite." "That isn't what I'm concerned about." "Then what is?" Watching the girl struggle to get the answer out, which at the end she refused to. Even Lena is still processing what Jack and Raf said earlier. About them liking mutants, wanting to help them, get to know them. Alex was the one who wanted this the most, so why is it now, when he's dead, that it all begins to slowly change? Mumbling, "It's the strength of your heart and mind in unison that truly allows us to be in peace." Wheeljack looks at her questionably before Lena sucks up a large breath and begins walking stiffly to the teens.

The three and the guardians share odd looks at Lena's strange walk before awkwardly sitting in the spare brown cushioned couch-chair, still holding her breath before giving a stiff wave and "Hello." Mentally screaming at herself for being so awkward. Just what else is she supposed to do?! She isn't used to this. Being able to talk to people let alone try to become... friends? Not completely sure if she should still trust them but she feels some sort of pull telling her she can. She sits with her legs hugged into her chest, watching the three teens battle each other familiarly on the TV screen, Miko bumping Jack's car on its bumper, making it spiral out of the screen's bounds. 

Groaning at the loss. This was the 19th time Miko's defeated him. 19th. In. A. Row. Now that his eyes were free of the on-screen competition, he turned to see how Lena was doing during the last hour they raced, finding her sound asleep on the chair, sunken into its padding. Getting up, grabbing the nearest blanket and gently placing it on her, careful not to wake the introverted girl. Which reminds him, he still has to ask Arcee about the conversation Lena and Jordan had, but now felt like the wrong time. 

Running. So much Running. The air grew colder. Thicker. Steps grew thunderous, almost as loud as the heart racing in the chest her head is pressed against.

"Seems like you've gotten attached," remarks Arcee. Jack turns to the trio of guardians and human duo on the couch looking at him. "What? I see her as a little sister. And no one should have to live through any form of abuse."

Why is everything so loud?! Who's holding me? Why is it so cold?

"'Big brother Jack', has a nice ring to it," teases Miko, taking out her phone to get a pic of Lena snoozing for her 'Lena's first time at the base' album. Bumblebee lets out a series of beeps in replace of snickering. Everyone's in agreement that Jack's the older brother of the group. Rolling his eyes, plopping back down on the yellow couch, "So what were Lena and Jordan talking about? You were near them and I'm kinda curious about how he gained her trust so fast," turning his head to his navy blue and pink accented guardian.

"We can't keep running! Not with the children. They're in just as much danger with us than alone," argues the woman holding Lena's small body. Wait, why am I so small? Questions Lena. Just who is she?! What is she yelling about?

Arcee's optics look at Lena before averting them back to her charge, "That's for me to know, Jack."

Everything turned dark. She couldn't see anything besides her body and it felt as if... she were floating? Is this a mindscape or something? 'Lena' that voice! Turning around, she sees a boy with pale as can be skin, snow-white hair, light blue eyes, wearing white dress-like clothing. Free of any bloodstains and burns, his eyes showing all types of life. 

"Wha-really, Arcee? Not even a small hint? All I know is that they were talking about mutants but nothing before that." Miko's pigtails perked up, "Mutants? Cool! I've always wanted to meet one! I heard they can do these weird energy blasts," placing the two bottoms of her palms together with her fingers sticking upward in the form of a laser blast.

'Trust them, Lena.' His body begins fading, 'They're nice people and robots. But don't trust Jordan, I get a bad feeling from him'. Running forward to try and touch him. Please. Please don't go! I promised! I promised to protect you!  I... I what... I don't.. remember...

Whimpering in her sleep, the team turns their attention to the newest member who now has small tears rolling down her cheeks, mumbling, "Don't... go... promised..." reaching out to grab something nonexistent in the air in front of her. Bumblebee wirs something, Rafael translates, "He asked what she could be dreaming about."

'You did for as long as you could. I love you, big sister' giving her the last of his bright smiles she'll ever see again.

"Alex!" screaming, shooting her eyes open and launching her body forward in a grabbing manner. Seeing how nothing was there before looking at her hands, feeling the teardrops fall down on them in hard splashes. "No...no no no no no! He was just here! I saw... he was just... come back," her words becoming quieter and quieter before shoving her head in her knees. Wiping away the stray tears, holding in the rest before losing control. Feeling a pair of warm arms wrap around her neck. It was Raf. Probably one of the most emotional and empathetic members of Team Prime. 

Getting up, Raf's arms slip away considering how he's shorter than the 16-year-old even if she has been malnourished most her life. Even if she herself doesn't trust those around her at the moment, doesn't mean she doesn't believe her brother's word. He always did have a knack for feeling a person's true personality. "I saw my brother... in some... dreamscape. He told me to trust all of you but there will be topics I will absolutely not share unless if I have to," taking in large breathes to calm her beating heart. "O-Oh," was the only sound that came out of Jack, Miko, and Raf, unsure on how to completely react to this situation. 

Optimus decides to break the tension rising, "Lena, now that you know of our existence, you need a guardian. I am far too busy to take on that title, so Ra-" "Busy!" the Prime suppresses a sigh, "Wheeljack, will be your guardian."

"What?!" Ratchet and Wheeljack shout in unison. Dropping his wrench aguing, "I take it back! I'll take her, Wheeljack is far too irresponsible!" "For once, doc, I think you should take her. I don't know the first thing about what humans do." "See! Even Wheeljack agrees."

"U-uhm, if I'm allowed to add my opinion... I don't think I need a guardian. I don't do much in the first place besides going to school, head to work at the flower shop, and head home. And I met you guys when you shrunk so the Decepticons shouldn't know I exist and I doubt they do. It's not like they keep a 24-hour surveillance camera flying around spying on you guys, right? Because if they did they would've found your base by now."

"Indeed, you are correct, but we must not take any risks," responds Optimus. His helm slowly turns from the human child to the wrecker, "Wheeljack, as Lena's charge, you are to guard her and take care of her, doing so you must form a guardian-charge bond." 

Scowling, having to be dragged down by a charge was and still isn't Wheeljack's style. Not when he's the solo-bot of the team. He doesn't even like staying at the base for too long but with her as a charge, he'll have to be here more often. Meaning: Less exploring. Plus, she wasn't anything like Miko. No interest in 'Con bashing, grenades, anytime of fighting or gadgets. But it's understandable when he remembers the events he witnessed and heard in that room. On the bright side, maybe Lena can help him blow some 'Con mines to smithereens with that ability of hers. 

Putting on his usual playful smirk, crossing his arms over his chassis while the human that's just been assigned his charge fiddles nervously with her thumbs with her head hung slightly low, averting her gaze from the white, red, and green-themed Autobot. Slightly making the reference of his colors to a Christmas tree. "Well, kid, I guess you're stuck with me. Want me to drive you home?"

=================

OHMYGOD

This took me a day and a half to write. Not that I should be complaining but I'm just now realizing I procrastinated on spanish homework... RIP Author.

Edit: Just now realizing that I lost my glasses. Time to squint at everything like I'm suspicious it stole the last slice of pizza.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 260 21
After getting on the nerves of everyone around her, Miko finds herself being isolated from Team Prime, falling into a depressive spiral the more cut...
2.2K 158 17
Alias is an unusual girl. She doesn't remember who she was when she was younger, her first memory was as a 6 year old, stumbling through the woods in...
1.9K 47 45
this story is going to be about a femme who falls in love with a mech that is named Dreadwing but later down on the story something happens but I'm n...
1.3K 24 17
Aerialace is a secretive Autobot but what happens when her secrets slowly pour out facing her demons, while making better memories. Warnings: Abuse...