It takes two

By Unknown_writer4268

When Joe signed up for Strictly, never expected to fall for Dianne. What more he didn't expect was the adorab... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty

Chapter eleven

1.6K 31 0
By Unknown_writer4268

"Morning bru, you Alright?" Byron knew the answer, for Joe had practically danced through the doorway the previous night, a new spring in his step and a new lightness that Byron had never seen before. Joe seemed happier, a lot happier. Joe had just come out of the shower, and was now pouring himself some water.

"Yeah. How was your night sleep?" Byron nodded, despite the chill that seemed to have flooded London last night, like an aquarium of frost. "Chilly last night, wasn't it."

"Tell me about it, I was doubling up the duvet and everything!" While Joe drank his water, still grinning too much for it not to be mundane, Byron deliberated asking him why he had changed overnight. Deep down, he wanted to know. "Joe? Can I, ask you something?"

"Fire away."

"Is everything good, you've been over the moon since you came back, did-did anything happen?"

Joe wondered when Byron would ask this, and simply walked around to him, knowing that he could trust Byron and something did very much happen.

"Erm, Yeah. Me and Di-Dianne; we kissed after the show, and we...we are dating." Byron nearly spit out his drink, not quite believing the words that had came out his roommates mouth. Joe had barely even had the courage to speak to a girl until last year, let alone be in a relationship.

"As in you and Dianne, Strictly Come Dancing Dianne?" Joe nodded, letting the moment sink in for a second. The words penetrated the air, sinking into all the sound waves. "I kinda knew you'd like her, she just seems so...right for you."

And this was the moment that Joe turned into a tomato.

"Yeah, she is. We've got the same sense of humour, and you know how much I like to have a laugh." Byron chuckled, for this was very true indeed. He now knew the reason why he had been so happy, but he was starting to now wonder why Joe was being a little quiet, almost as though he was hiding something.

"I do, Yeah." He paused, once again debating his next move. "Is there anything else?" He didn't want to push Joe into anything, so being the polite person he is, he proposed an open question instead, good job Byron.

Joe nodded a little slowly, preparing himself. "Dianne, she's got a daughter." Byron nodded, taking the words in after they hovered in the air. As much as everyone hated to admit it, having a child would change things in a relationship. It would mean a new person coming into a child's life, there being a possibility that they would leave again, unless it was the right person of course.

"Oh nice, do you know much about her?" Joe gave a little nod, an uncertainty to it. The two of them went onto the terrace, the cold London air surrounding them. That Sunday morning had brought bitter cold, hinting that there could be a whole lot more cold to come in the winter, the sky a pale blue.

"A bit. She's called Emelia and she's five or six, five I think. She's really cute, apparently sassy too." Byron laughed, resting his elbows on the railing. The two kept their eyes on the skyline.

"I think we're all a little sassy from time to time. And as for cute, well...all kids are cute, they're just so small and..."

"Adorable, fun, excitable."

"Exactly. Do, do you have a picture on your phone anywhere?" Joe scrolled through, but shook his head. He struggled to tap though, his fingers trembling from the cold, his white hoodie not quite doing the job much to his discontent.

"It looks like I haven't, I might give her a ring now actually." Byron soon left the terrace, Joe dialling the number that he knew he would have down from memory not too long from now. It went to voicemail so instead he gave a voicemail message before heading inside, giving up on the cold.

///

"Mama, when can we go and see nana and grandpa in stralia?" The two had been pottering that morning, well, Dianne having a little tidy up while Emelia did drawing and dancing.

They hadn't seen their family across the world since April, and Dianne knew that it would kick in eventually. It was like homesickness; despite them living in the UK. Emelia missed having her cousins around to play with, hence why she confided in her art so much.

"Not long angel, we are going there for Christmas, everyone is going to be there." Emelia beamed, starting an amazing rendition of "Jingle Bells." Dianne groaned to herself, knowing that Emelia would be singing Christmas songs, even though it was only what, end of September?

"I love Christmas, I think it's the bestest time of the year!" Emelia sat at the kitchen table, still humming Jingle Bells. Every parent knew how alarming it was, hearing mentions of Christmas before November. Parents loved Christmas, don't get me wrong, but their bank acounts certainly didn't like it.

"I know you do angel, but maybe let's get your birthday out the way first." Emelia nodded. After she was done at the table, she went to the open area, now switching over to sing "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas."

It most definitely wasn't beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Halloween costumes were only just being placed on the shelves!

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, toys in every store. But the prettiest sight you'll see, is the holly that will be on your own, front..."

Diannes phone rang, filling her with relief. She picked it up extremely quickly, heading onto her balcony. She smiled at the name, that feeling one she doubted would ever go away.

"Thank god you called."

"Oh hey Di, and what's happened?" She laughed a little.

"I say that we are going to Australia for Christmas and the next thing you know she's singing Christmas carols around the living room, it's only what, end of September?"

Joe burst out laughing over the end of the phone, amused. He imagined what Dianne must be feeling, probably not so amused. "Oh god, anyway. Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm alright, a bit tired. How are you, you must be exhausted from the Charleston."

"Oh believe me, I am. Anyway, I just wanted to ask if you could send a picture of Emelia, my roommate was asking, I hope you don't mind that he knows."

She didn't mind, for she was no stranger to the media, and although she wasn't necessarily it's best friend either, she wasn't a secret and Dianne didn't like hiding her.

"It's fine, it's not common knowledge but shes not a secret mind, and sure. I've got one from last week, I'll just forward it now. So how is he, Byron?"

"He's Alright, working on music on and off today."

"Oh that's good, anyway, I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow, bright and early?"

"I'll be there, see you tomorrow Di."

She put the phone down, smiling to herself.

///

Later that day Joe was meeting up with the boys, the first time they had all gotten together properly in weeks. With Strictly going on, they hadn't exactly had a chance to catch up and spend time outside of their videos together.

He was greeted by Jack, the first two in the restaurant they had all decided to meet in. It was a quiet place, contemporary. "Hey Joe, everything alright?"

The two had a bro hug in the middle of the shop. "Yeah, you?"

"Yeah, we all thought you were amazing on Strictly by the way, I swear the swivel is like cutting shapes? Isn't it?" Joe let out a little chuckle. Together they made their way to a booth at the back, seating themselves on one side.

Joe laughed, distinctly remembering himself saying that to Dianne day one. "That's what I said, but it's got more technique obviously. Apparently my left swivel is appalling."

"Apalling Darling." Jack imitated. Joe found this amusing, and also found Caspar walking towards them. "Speaking of apalling, look at that haircut!"

"Oh shut up Jack, yours isn't exactly pristine either." Caspar sat down, with his decent haircut. "So Joe, tired? You were great last night by the way, loved the thatching theme."

"Thanks Caspar, and yeah, this dancing is really taking its toll on me. The thatching theme was so cool wasn't it, the hay bales and stuff."

"Yeah, when you did the fall at the end, I bet that was your favourite part of the dance."

"You know me too well Casp. So is Josh not coming then?" Caspar shook his head. The three men sat waiting for the last two to come, Conor and Mikey. Oli and Byron had important commitments, ones that needed to be done that day but the boys didn't mind. Not everyone could be available all the time.

"So Caspar, hows Ambar? You two still going strong?" Caspar blushed at Jack's question. Since having a girlfriend, Caspar was like a changed man, for the better of course. Ambar had made him so happy, and the two really complimented each other as people, their lives piecing together perfectly.

"Look at him, he's gone all soft now!" Caspar scowled. Meanwhile Joe was texting Dianne under the table, the two engrossed in a conversation over who at Strictly would win, apart from them.

"Shut up Jack, besides. You and Toff in the jungle was soft, lets be honest here."

"Yeah But we aren't together, but she is a really good friend."

"Friends with benefits."

"Caspar, I will chop off your pineapple head right now."

"Bit explicit Jack, execution." Joe laughed, having had the disturbing thought of Jack literally chopping Caspar's head off, never wanting to have that nightmare of a thought again.

"That's how they did it in the olden days, chopping heads off, or hung drawn and quarter people. What a time to be alive." He sighed, Joe chuckled while putting his phone away.

"Or to not be alive."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 198 30
Joe always wanted to try new things and strictly was one of them but little did he know that his strictly partner would soon become his soulmate.
18.5K 789 22
What if Zoe had taken part in Strictly Come Dancing 2018 instead of Joe? How different would things have been for Joe and Dianne, as well as those cl...
22K 995 35
When Joe Sugg signed up for Strictly Come Dancing in 2018, he was delighted to be backed by the support of his girlfriend Holly. But when he gets par...
37.6K 803 10
NOW COMPLETE Joe's never a had a girlfriend before. Turns out, there's a lot to learn. One-shot series covering moments in Joe and Dianne's relations...