Becoming

By kamiyamidrawings

[Connor x Android!Reader] Detroit is having a problem with their androids, they are attacking their owners; D... More

I
II
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI

III

1K 29 2
By kamiyamidrawings

    The sound of the machine turning off, you open your eyes scanning the room. It was bare with no signs of life ever remotely entering the room, it becomes more clear when the doors to the recharging station opens itself open. Stepping out, the click of your shoes hit the marble floor. Doing a scan of your systems to make sure nothing went wrong while you were recharging, Connor walks out of his station giving you a side look.

    "We need to report back to the department, need more cases to continue our mission." Nodding at your fellow Android counterpart, the two of you exit the room in a orderly fashion, way.

    Getting back to the police station, Connor walks towards the receptionist you trailing behind Connor. Outside was raining still, but it was going to get worse than how you arrived in.

    "Hello? Can I help you?" The android said, its hair pulled in a ponytail out of it's face.

    "I'm here to see Lieutenant Anderson." Connor spoke to the ST300, who tilts it's head.

    "Do you have authorization?" The android questioned, stepping out from behind Connor you place a hand on its arm.

    "I was here yesterday, the same authorization should be in your system." The android's LED turns yellow as it downloads and searches through the computer.

    "Lieutenant Anderson hasn't arrived yet, but you both can wait at his desk." Walking past the doors, Connor scans the room, walking towards a certain empty desk.

    "This is his desk..." Scanning the desk, Connor turns around to look at a human across the room on his desk.

    "Excuse me. Do you know what time Lieutenant Anderson usually arrives?" Connor questioned, the cop looks at Connor and you for a moment.

    "Depends on where he was the night before, if we're lucky, we'll see him before noon." The cop turns back to his computer and continues his work, Connor looks back towards you.

    "Thanks..."

    A few moments past, both Connor and you had scanned his desk, noticing dog hair and noting his type of music that he listens to. Soon enough Lieutenant Anderson walks through the doors, after registering that there were two androids there at his desk he mutters a 'fucken hell' under his breathe before looking back at the two.

    "What are you two still doing here?" He questioned. Connor goes to answer but was interrupted.

    "Hank! My office. Now." Lieutenant Anderson groans, walking towards the office of his captain.

Stepping within the doorway, he heads to a chair, both Connor and you stand there behind both chairs. Connor places its hands in front of it, while you place your hands behind your back. Once the doorway closes, Captain Jeffrey sighs rubbing his bald head, clearly upset about something.

"I got ten new cases involving androids on my desk everyday. We've always had isolated incidents, old ladies losing their android maids and that kind of crap... but now. We're getting reports of assaults and even homicides, like that guy last night... This isn't just CyberLife's problem anymore. It's now a criminal investigation and we've gotta deal with it before the shit hits the fan." The captain pauses for a short moment, by his body shifting the things he was going to say weren't going to be liked by Lieutenant Anderson.

"I want you to investigate these cases and see if there's any link." Lieutenant Anderson raises his arms, by his raise in heartbeat he was clearly angry about this.

"Why me? Why do i gotta be the one to deal with this shit? I am the least qualified cop in the country to handle this case! I know jack shit about Androids, Jeffery!" Motioning to Connor and you, unfazed by his outburst the Captain lets Lieutenant Anderson continue.

"I can barely change the settings on my own phone..." it was now the Captains turn to rant, he places a paper in front of himself before raising his arms.

"Everybody's overloaded. I think you're perfectly qualified for this type of investigation." Lieutenant Anderson stands up, his heart rate increases by 5%. The lieutenant was very outraged by having to work with the both of you.

"Bullshit! The truth is nobody wants to investigate these fuckin' androids and you left me holdin' the bag!" Lieutenant Anderson walks in a circle with his hands on his hips as if trying to calm himself down.

"Cyberlife sent these androids to help with the investigation. Their a state-of-the-art-prototype. They'll act as your partners."

"No fuckin' way! I don't need a partner, let alone two plastic pricks!" Lieutenant Anderson raises his voice getting closer to the captains desk.

"Hank, you are seriously starting to piss me off! You are a police Lieutenant, you are supposed to do what I say and shut your goddamn mouth!" Lieutenant Anderson sighs, rolling his eyes.

"You know what my goddamn mouth has to say to you, huh?" Lieutenant Anderson glares, the Captain raises his hand up looking away.

"Ok, OK. I'll pretend like I didn't hear that, so I don't have to add any more pages to your disciplinary folder 'cause it already looks like a fuckin' novel! This conversation is over!" The captain goes back to his work, Lieutenant Anderson looks over at the two of you before talking once again.

"Jeffery, Jesus Christ! Why are you doin' this to me? You know how much I hate these fuckin' things. Why you doin' this to me?" The captain looks a bit sad for a moment before looking back at Lieutenant Anderson. His face changing to a stern boss type, clearly the two have history of some kind.

"Listen... I've had just about enough of your bitching. Either you do your job or you hand in your badge. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do." Lieutenant Anderson backs away, before groaning angrily. Leaving the room he slams the door, Connor looks back at the captain, taking a small step forward.

"I'm very pleased to have joined the team. I can assure you I'll do my very best-"

"Close the door on your way out." The captain interrupted Connor, taking a small sip of his drink on his desk. Light from the computer in front of him making his bald head shine with a blue hue, his eyes reflecting the computer which was case files on homicides downtown.

"Have a nice day, Captain." Connor turns and leaves, with you following it out of the room.

Both walking over to Lieutenant Anderson's desk, he sits there arms crossed like a pouting child who just got told no. Connor stands next to the desk, looking at the human before speaking.

"It's an honor to be working with you Lieutenant. I'm sure we'll make a great team." The Lieutenant ignores Connor, placing a hand on Connor's arm you motion your head wanting to go at trying to make the Lieutenant talk to the both of you.

"What Connor is trying to say, is that we both are happy to be working with you Lieutenant, we all will make a great team." Continuing to be ignored, you go to talk once more just for Connor to cut you off.

"Is there a desk anywhere we could use?"

"No one is using that one." The Lieutenant motions to the desk in front of himself, Connor nods with a thank you. Grabbing another chair you both sit side, awaiting orders. But as you can see, the Lieutenant wasn't going to start talking to the both of you, until someone started talking.

"You have a dog, right?" Connor spoke to Lieutenant Anderson. The human across from the two of you looks up at Connor, his blue eyes narrowing.

"How do you know that?" The Lieutenant questioned, sounding like he was going to snap. Pushing back his grey hair that had fallen on his face while he leaned back in his office chair to get a better look at Connor and you.

"The dog hair is on your chair, Lieutenant." You answered, deciding it was time to join the conversation. Lieutenant Anderson, gives you a head tilt, his mouth slightly ajar. Giving his chair a quick look over, to see all the dog hair that was on it from home.

"I like dogs." Connor continues, a small friendly smile on Connor's face, as if it was thinking about dogs.

"What's your dog's name?" The Lieutenant gets defensive giving Connor a glare. Leaning forward Lieutenant Anderson looks Connor over, trying to find a hidden meaning to the question before leaning back into the chair.

"What's it to you?"

There was a pause for a short while, making you shake your head. Your hair brushing against your face, knowing that the lieutenant wasn't going to open up easy for you both.

"Sumo, I call him Sumo."

By Lieutenant Anderson's head a classified box appears, which tells you his emotions towards you. It's a new upgrade for RK800 series along with your series RX400, a feature to tell you the feelings of someone towards you. So that the android can adapt to the human, mostly it will be used for Connor's series as well as yours.

Hank Warm

"You're a Detroit Gears fan, right?" Connor began, lieutenant Anderson had a mug of the team. Detroit had a game that very night during the deviant interrogation, they had won.

"Denton Carter scored 53% of his shots from the three-point line yesterday." You continued, giving the statistic of the human. You felt like stating their best players shots would make the lieutenant warm up better to the both of you.

"Did you see the game?" Connor finished, the Lieutenant stares at the two of you. Looking highly confused, but slightly disturbed.

Breathing in deeply lieutenant Anderson shakes his head, letting out a deep sigh. His gray hair moving together, glistening in the light. Very greasy.

"That's what I was watchin' at the bar last night." Connor leans back in its chair, glancing at you. Connor's face showing clearly it didn't realize that the lieutenant had been watching the game when Connor arrived at the bar.

"Oh..."

Lieutenant's bar by his head comes back out decreasing back to neutral. Lieutenant Anderson goes back to his terminal, reading over files within his terminal.

Grumbling to himself about androids these days, and sticking their plastic nose's into others humans businesses. Very unhappy with the questions that Connor and you were asking, having to tread very lightly in order to get Hank to warm back up to the both of you.

"Do you listen to knights of the black death?" You questioned, with a tilt of your head to the side, meeting the lieutenants eyes with your own.

"I really like that music... It's full of energy..." The Lieutenant glances over at you in disbelief, his eyes wide.

"You listen to heavy metal?" Lieutenant asks, leaning on the table, very interested that a android listens to that type of music.

"Well, I don't really listen to music, as such... But I'd like to..." averting your eyes for a moment looking off at a wall, before meeting the lieutenants eyes.

Hank Warm.

"A lot of people don't appreciate having androids around... I was wondering..." Connor looks down for a moment, as if trying not to say the wrong thing.

"Is there any reason in particular you despise us?" Lieutenant nods a bit, his lips pressed tightly together. His eyebrows crease forward, making the wrinkles on his face stand out even more, giving him a more aged look.

"Yeah... There is one..."

Waiting for a response, that never came. Connor glances over to you, looking a bit concerned. Glancing over at the Captain, then back at Connor.

"Have you known Captain Fowler for long?" tilting your head, staring at the Lieutenant.

"Yeah... Too long." Shaking his head, he goes back to work.

"I was wondering... Do you always arrive at the office at this time?" Connor raises an eyebrow at the Lieutenant, he looks at connor with a look of 'shut the hell up'.

"I arrive when I arrive. Stop busting my balls, okay?" The Lieutenant goes back to his terminal, typing a few things.

"I was wondering if you have any cases on Deviants, that you have been assigned too." You spoke, hands in your lap. The Lieutenant motions to the terminal in front of Connor.

"It's in the terminal, Knock yourself out. And no, I don't mean literally."

Nodding Connor opens the terminal with you hovering over its shoulder, Connor scrolls down its brows creasing down.

"243 files..." Connor says in shock, slowly scrolling hovering over certain files. Connor's brown eyes widens, it's wrinkles on it's forehead become more noticable.

"First dates back 9 months, it all started in Detroit, and quickly spread across the country." You stated, glancing at Connor.

"A AX400 is reported to have assaulted a man last night. That could be a good starting point in our investigation." Connor added, leaning in it's chair staring at the Lieutenant, waiting for a response. Receiving none, Connor pushes back on the desk getting up, walking around the desk it stands close to the Lieutenant.

"Ah, Jesus." The Lieutenant grumbled, moving so that his back was facing Connor. Connor leans down, trying it's best not to provoke the easily angered human.

"I know you didn't ask for this investigation, Lieutenant, but i'm sure you're a professional." The Lieutenant lifts his head up, clearly mad.

"Why don't you go fuck yourself?" Standing up, you walk around the desk, feeling as if the Lieutenant will attack CyberLife's property. Connor face hardens as it places its hands on the table, getting real close to the Lieutenant.

"I've been assigned this mission, Lieutenant. I didn't come here to wait until you feel like working." The Lieutenant, gets up quickly grabbing Connor by it's jacket forcing it against the wall.

"Listen, asshole. If it was up to me, I'd thrown the lot of you in a dumpster and set a match to it. So, stop pissing me off..." Walking up to the Lieutenant, you place a hand on his arm giving it a slight tug making him push you back to the ground, making a loud thud. He turns his attention back to Connor.

Hank Dislike.

"Or things are going to get nasty..." Walking past you, another cop stands there looking at the two of them.

"Lieutenant? uh, sorry to disturb you..." Putting Connor back down on the ground, not even looking away from the androids eyes.

"I have some information on the AX400 that attacked the guy last night... It's been seen in the Ravendale district..."

"I'm on it." The Lieutenant continues to glare at Connor.

The guy nodded before turning around and leaving, the Lieutenant shifts before turning around leaving. Connor looks down and fixes it's jacket, noticing you were still on the ground it offers a hand which you take.

Software Instability ^

Blinking away the bar that appears in your Optical hub, Connor begins to follow the Lieutenant out of the station. Standing there for a short moment, composing yourself,  you follow shortly after.

Outside, it was drizzling rain. Which by the scanning of the forecast, it will be raining almost all week. The Lieutenant gets into his car, Connor opens the passenger seat getting in. Once you were in the backseat, the Lieutenant mumbles about his day being 'Fuckin' ruined by a plastic prick. Connor from the front seat glances to the back at you, which you shake your head at it, Connor nods confirming that it got what you were trying to say to it.

    Staring down at your hand, the hand that Connor had pulled you up with. You couldn't stop looking at it, there was an unknown presence that made it. More.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 8.7K 23
*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a few years, being in the police force had...
1.8K 137 23
Reader is the adult daughter of Lieutenant Hank Anderson. She gets a call one afternoon from her father that's just strange enough to prompt a visit...
130K 5K 37
"You love him, that's why you care so much for him," You thought. "You love him. You love him." -- Detroit is a bustling city-center, with those look...
24.5K 923 24
(Y/N) is a 22 year old woman who firmly believes in the concept of justice - if you commit a crime, you will have to pay for your mistakes. She was o...