Becoming

By kamiyamidrawings

[Connor x Android!Reader] Detroit is having a problem with their androids, they are attacking their owners; D... More

I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI

II

1K 36 8
By kamiyamidrawings

    Coming too, light fills your view. standing on marble stone, you recognize it as the Zen Garden. A program paradise, where you can go to discuss things with your handler and get new missions from, it was supposed to look similar to a peaceful garden. It represent the Androids who accompanies stability. Looking to your side, stands RK800 who looks at you tilting its head. Then a gray box appears telling you what to do.

Find Amanda.

    The both of you begin to walk down the marble path way, both walking in sync. The trees swayed letting the light from above make patterns on the marble and grass grown, white birds resting on perches within the trees singing softly within the breeze. On the water were two white swans swimming together side by side, their pure white reflections within the water rippling, distorting them.

    "I do not know why you are currently here." RK800 questions you, both of you were walking beside the water, both reflections within the water was a pure looking than what you'd normally have in the real world.

    "I am your counterpart, I was sent to assist you in your mission. Cyberlife has full confident in your abilities, but they wanted to make sure that you would have a high probabilities of success. So they made me." RK800 nods a bit, as the two of you walk over a marble bridge to the middle of the Zen Garden.

    Birds flew out of the way, their feathers glistening in the light.

    Amanda was by the roses, cutting them, her black hair in a style that seemed to defy the laws of psychics. Stopping side by side, RK800 steps forward a bit to make their presence known to the computer generated person before them.

    "Hello Amanda." It spoke softly, which caught Amanda's attention. By her head, a label pops up with her name by it.

Amanda Trusted.

    Amanda turns around with a rose in her hand staring at the both of you with a stern look, before smiling at the both of them. Seeming very pleased that they were there with her at that moment, a small gust of wind moves her clothing gently. Her dark skin contrasting against her white and bright clothing, her black hair in a weird looking style, but still fitting for her.

    "Connor and look who we have, [Y/N]. It's wonderful to finally met you." She spoke turning slightly around, her blue wrap hanging off of her shoulder. The bright blue spot of color on her making her white clothes underneath stand out even more than normal, her hand gently holding a rose within her hand, along with pliers.

    "It's good to see you two." Connor gives Amanda a smile, making you step forward standing next to Connor. Your height difference was clearly noticeable, seeing as you are only to Connor's chest.

    "Congratulations Connor." She praised as she goes back to cutting the roses that were on the rose wall, she would cut the thorns and swipe them away from her on the ground.

    "Finding that deviant was far from easy," She continued, stopping to smell one rose, the red petals brushing against her skin. Her voice sounded gentle and odd in that moment, as if a mother praising her child.

    "And the way you interrogated it was very clever." You noticed that Connor took a deep breath its chest raising outward a bit more, you could tell Connor found it pleasing to do as it was told to get praised by Amanda. It's face would lift up a bit, its brown eyes shining slightly. Connor almost appeared as human in that very moment.

    "You've been remarkably efficient Connor." Amanda turns around holding one rose close to her chest, staring at Connor. With each praise Connor seemed to relax more, it's hands down by its side.

    "Thank you, Amanda." giving her a nod, Amanda smiles for a moment turning to a pedestal next to the roses. Amanda went back to cutting one more rose, placing it next to the rose she had just cut.

    "We've asked the DPD to transfer it to us for further study. It may teach us something about what happened." Amanda goes back to the roses with her back turn to you two, Connor stands there proudly. seeming to be happy to have helped Cyberlife.

    "The interrogation seemed... Challenging. what do you think of the deviant?" Taking another rose she places it with the other one, turning her head to look at Connor and you. "I want your opinion too, [Y/N]." Connor nods, giving you a short look before looking back towards Amanda.

    "It showed signs of PTSD after being abused by its owner. As if its original program had been completely replaced by new instructions." Connor stated, putting its hands behind its back, as if reporting to a high authority. Like the president.

    "It also seemed very... Delusional. Talking about rA9, I tried to look it up in the database, but there was nothing about it. I couldn't come up with any other proof that it exists, the only conclusion I can think of is that its a virus." you spoke your opinion making amanda hum, spraying the roses on the wall. Noticing her body language, you can tell she isn't very impressed with you just yet. She's known Connor longer, she has more standards for it than you.

    "This... Lieutenant Anderson has been officially assigned to the deviancy case... What do you make of him?" She questioned, spraying each rose. The water making the rose petals shimmer in the sun, making them appealing to the eyes. Peaceful.

    "I think he's irritable, and socially challenged. But I also think he used to be a good detective. He is an intriguing character." Connor stated, Amanda turns around looking at the two of you.

    "Unfortunately, we have no choice but to work with him... What do you think is the best approach?" Amanda question giving the both of you a slight glare, wanting the right answer and nothing but that.

    "I will adapt to his personality. It is in the best interest of the investigation that I avoid conflict and try to accommodate his psychology." Amanda looks away, clearly that wasn't the answer she wanted, which makes Connor tense slightly up. Looking back over towards you, she stares intensely.

    "And you?" trying to stand taller, you stare back.

    "I will remain indifferent, the mission is all that matters. If Lieutenant Anderson gets in the way of the investigation, I will have no other choice but to ignore him and continue on." Amanda smiles, as the bar next to her increases. Connor seemed to of noticed the sudden change in Amanda towards Connor, already favoring you now than it.

    "More and more androids show signs of deviancy. There are millions in circulation. If they become unstable the consequences will be disastrous, you two are the most advanced prototype Cyberlife has ever created..." Amanda takes a few steps towards you and Connor, pride fills both of you. Connor stares down at you, determination filling its eyes. Along with trust in you, as if knowing if the lieutenant can't do you can make up for it.

    "If anyone can figure out what's happening it's you two." You two nod towards Amanda, ready to do whatever to do as she instructs.

    "You can count on us... Amanda." Connor spoke, Amanda nods walking away from the both of you, going towards another bridge she stops and looks behind her to look at Connor and you.

    "Hurry, Connor and [Y/N]. There's little time." Her face frowns and hardens before turning back around and leaving you two to stand there. Both your LED flashes as the view turns black.

    Once back online in the present time, both you and Connor were in a Cyberlife car heading to the tower to wait for the next case tomorrow and refill your energy. As a prototype, they equipped a lot of other programs and features other androids don't have, which makes their battery die faster. Having to annually charge their batteries, CyberLife is getting to the source of the problem soon.

    "I read the file on your very first mission Connor," You spoke, cutting the silence between the two of you.

    "Oh?" Connor glances over towards you, making you nod.

    "About the android deviant who was going to jump off the roof with the little girl. And you saved her. I have yet to have a real mission like yours, I will only hope that my missions will be a success." Looking at the Android next to you, Connor stares ahead at the road before them.

    "We both now have the same mission, if one succeeds. The other will also. We are just counterparts of each other, I always accomplish my missions, which means you will too." The car comes to a stop letting both of you out, stepping on the sidewalk you proceed towards the doors to Cyberlife Tower.

    Hearing fast pace walking, you glance over and see Connor standing next to you. Looking you up and down, slightly confused for a moment. Connor seemed very interested in you, you were something new to it, Connor only thought they were going to make one prototype. But, here you are. A functional counterpart of it.

    "Do you have all the program to be a detective, [Y/N]?" Connor questions, the both of you walking together side by side towards the glass elevator.

    "I have all your abilities, Connor. With a few minor upgrades, that when the mission is over I'm sure they will install within your program." Inside the elevator you and Connor reach for the button, your fingers brushing. Pulling away your hand you let Connor press the button. It was a weird feeling, to feel Connor's hand on yours.

    "What would the minor upgrades be, if you do not mind me asking? It would very helpful to know all my partners abilities on what they can do." Connor spoke in its soft manner that it was designed to have.

    "Of course, the minor upgrades that I received was the function of the Thirium purifier. I do not need to consume Thirium on a daily basis like more Android's do, the air that I can breath helps make the Thirium more pure and less likely to go bad. I also have night-vision and x-ray. So that I can be more help within night situations and find the route a suspect is going. I am also equipped with functioning stomach biocomponent, I am able to blend into humans, able to eat and drink. It is supposed to be very helpful in undercover operations." The elevator doors open to a basement area where the two of you have to go to go into a charging mode.

    "I appreciate you telling me this, it will be very helpful in future cases [Y/N]." The both of you walked down the white hall, multiple glass doors with androids within them, being built. This floor was for building and designing, CyberLife had to make an extra room for the two of you when they were designing the RK800 and RX400 unit's.

Stopping at a door with a glowing pattern from red to yellow, on the side of the door was a plake. Charging room. Connor places a hand on the doors scanner, its hand turns white which opens the door.

    Inside is a huge white machine, able to hold two androids to charge. The machine looked like a white egg with glass, on the glass was a blue triangle that glowed, on the side of the machine was a panel to open and activate the machine. Connor walks over to the panel in a few steps putting its white hand one the panel, the machine turns on in a soft hum glowing, the doors folded open and two resting stations are pushed out of the machine for the both of you to rest. Connor walks towards one of the stations getting inside of it letting it close on Connor, which Connor closes its eyes, going into its resting mode to save power.

    Making your way to your resting station, getting inside of it the machine closes itself on you. Getting situated, you close your eyes letting the power charge you up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 150 11
Detective (y/n) (l/n) was recently assigned to investigate deviant cases with lieutenant Anderson. But things get interesting when an android, sent b...
444K 15.9K 50
||Connor RK800 x Reader|| Your father asked you to be apart of a Cryostasis pod test back in 2018 and that was it! You didn't think it would last for...
130K 5K 37
"You love him, that's why you care so much for him," You thought. "You love him. You love him." -- Detroit is a bustling city-center, with those look...
10.7K 348 13
The year is 2038. Cyberlife has created androids to serve their masters once they were bought. However, the androids can also become deviants which c...