The Prisoner of Azkaban | Her...

By kieran_w

Your third year at Hogwarts unravels more about you than you ever knew. More

Book Three
1. The Leaky Cauldron
2. Expectations, Fears And Family
3. The Train
4. Back To Hogwarts
5. Divination
6. Hagrid's Class
7. The Boggart
8. Lavender's Loss
9. Lupin's Office
10. An Intruder
11. A Quidditch Match Gone Wrong
12. The Hospital Wing
13. Lupin's Secret
14. Hogsmeade
15. A Family Discovery
16. Y/N Black
17. Buckbeak
18. The Firebolt
19. Anti-Dementor Lessons
20. The Return Of The Firebolt
21. Gryffindor V Ravenclaw
22. The Attack
23. The Shrieking Shack
24. Snape's Suspicions
25. Buckbeak's Execution
26. The Quidditch Cup
27. Sirius Black
28. Lupin's Story
29. Peter Pettigrew
30. Back In Time

31. The End Of Third Year

10.9K 339 143
By kieran_w

Y/N's POV

Off we set, taking Buckbeak with us, through the Forbidden Forest. Finally, we saw the Whomping Willow.

We stood in the bushes, watching Harry and Hermione enter the tree, after they disappeared, the three of us just stood there.

"Here comes Lupin!" I said as we saw another figure sprinting down the stone steps and halting toward the Willow. I looked up at the sky. Clouds were obscuring the moon completely.

We watched Lupin seize a broken branch from the ground and prod a knot on the trunk. The tree stopped, and Lupin, too, disappeared into the gap in its roots.

"If he'd only grabbed the cloak," said Harry, "it's just lying there..."

He turned to Hermione.

"If I just dashed out now and grabbed it, Snape would never be able to get it and-"

"Harry, we mustn't be seen!"

"How can you stand this?" he asked Hermione fiercely. "Just standing here and watching it happen?" he hesitated. "I'm going to grab the cloak!"

"Harry, no!" I yelled, grabbing him. "It's too dangerous!"

Barely two minutes later, Snape came, running toward the Willow.

Snape seized the branch Lupin had used to freeze the tree, prodded the knot, and vanished from view as he put on the cloak.

"So that's it," said Hermione quietly, "we're all down there, and now we've just got to wait until we come back up again..."

She took the end of Buckbeak's rope and tied it securely around the nearest tree, then sat down on the dry ground, arms around her knees. Me and Harry joined her. We started talking about what had happened by the lake, Hermione was confused to why the Dementors didn't get Black.

"There's only one thing it could have been, to make the Dementors go," said Harry, "a real Patronus. A powerful one."

"But who conjured it?" asked Hermione.

"I think-" Harry swallowed, "I think it was my dad. Him and someone else."

I didn't say anything, Harry's dad was dead. There was no way he could've conjured the Patronus. The leaves overhead rustled faintly in the breeze. The moon drifted in and out of sight behind the shifting clouds. Hermione sat with her face turned toward the Willow, waiting. I was next to her, but not talking. Everyone was silent.

And then, at last, after over an hour...

"Here we come!" Hermione whispered.

We got to our feet and saw all of us plus Ron, Lupin, Black and Pettigrew walking out the Willow. I was watching the clouds, any minute now they would shift and expose the full moon.

The moon slid out from behind its cloud. We saw the tiny figures across the grounds stop. Then we saw movement-

"There goes Lupin," Hermione whispered, "he's transforming."

"Hermione!" I said suddenly. "We've got to move!"

"We mustn't, we can't be seen!"

"Not to interfere! Lupin's going to run into the forest, right at us!"

Hermione gasped.

"Quick!" she exclaimed, dashing to untie Buckbeak. "The Dementors will be coming any moment!"

We rushed around frantically, trying our best to avoid Lupin in his werewolf form. Luckily, we didn't run into the werewolf...

But then there were the Dementors. They were emerging out of the darkness from every direction, gliding around the edges of the lake...

Me and Harry started rushing towards the lake, I knew Harry wanted to figure out who cast the Patronus, I wanted to as well.

The two of us hid in a bush, watching the Dementors attack me, Harry, Hermione and Black. I watched as I heard Hermione let out a small scream. I couldn't take it anymore. I jumped out from the bush, ran towards the edge...

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" I yelled as the silver mist formed a tiger and rushed towards the Dementors away, along with a stag.

I turned around, and saw Harry, smiling. "It wasn't my dad! It was me! Me and you Y/N!"

I didn't reply. "Stripes..." I muttered to myself.

Just then, an angry-looking Hermione appeared, Buckbeak next to her.

"What did you do?" she said fiercely.

"We just saved all our lives..." I said. "I'll explain."

We explained what happened to Hermione, who was quite shocked.

"Y/N, Harry, I can't believe it. You both conjured up a Patronus that drove away all those Dementors! That's very, very advanced magic."

"I thought about Sirius and how when he's a free man I can live with him." Harry smiled. "What about you Y/N?"

I didn't want to tell anyone my happy memory since it was when me and Hermione kissed. I shrugged and looked around. "It's nearly time guys..."

Hermione looked at her watch. "We've got about forty five minutes until Dumbledore locks the door to the Hospital Wing. We've got to rescue Sirius and get back into the ward before anybody realises we're missing..."

I stared through the darkness. I saw a man rush towards the castle, something shiny glinted in his belt.

"Macnair!" I exclaimed. "The executioner! He's gone to get the Dementors! We have to go now!"

I gave Hermione and Harry a leg up onto Buckbeak. Then I placed my foot on one of the lower branches of the bush and climbed up in front of them.

"Ready?" I whispered to a scared-looking Hermione. "You can hold on to me if you want."

I blushed as Hermione wrapped her arms around my waist. After checking on Harry, I nudged Buckbeak.

Buckbeak soared straight into the dark air. I urged Buckbeak forward. We were gliding quietly toward the upper floors of the castle. I counted the windows, making sure we didn't miss it.

"Whoa!" I said, pulling backwards as hard as I could.

Buckbeak slowed down and we found ourselves at a stop.

"He's there!" Harry said, spotting Sirius as we rose up beside the window.

Black looked up. I saw his jaw drop. He leapt from his chair, hurried to the window and tried to open it, but it was locked.

"Stand back!" Hermione called to us, and she took out her wand.

"Bombarda!"

The window exploded open.

"How-?" said Black weakly, staring at the Hippogriff.

"Get on, there's not much time," said Harry,  "you've got to get out of here, the Dementors are coming. Macnair's gone to get them."

Black placed a hand on either side of the window frame and heaved his head and shoulders out of it. In seconds, he had managed to fling one leg over Buckbeak's back.

We stopped in the courtyard, the three of us jumped off Buckbeak whilst Sirius stayed.

"Go quick." I said to Black. As much as I wanted to ask him questions, it was too risky.

"How can I ever thank-"

"GO!" we shouted together.

Black wheeled Buckbeak around.

"We'll see each other again," he said. He grabbed Buckbeak's reins, gave a light tug and they were gone.

"We've got exactly ten minutes to get back down to the Hospital Wing without anybody seeing us, before Dumbledore locks the door-" Hermione said.

We looked at each other before rushing towards the hospital wing. We had to stop briefly as Fudge and Snape were making their way to where Sirius was meant to be. The thought of Snape's reaction to a missing Black brought a small smile to my face.

After they left, we ran. After a couple of minutes, we arrived.

"I am going to lock you in," we heard him saying, "it is five minutes to midnight. Miss Granger, three turns should do it. Good luck. "

Dumbledore backed out of the room, closed the door, and took out his wand to magically lock it. Panicking, we ran forward. Dumbledore looked up, and a wide smile appeared. "Well?" he said quietly.

"We did it!" said Harry breathlessly. "Sirius has gone, on Buckbeak..."

Dumbledore beamed at us.

"Well done. I think-" he listened intently for any sound within the Hospital Wing. "Yes, I think you've gone too, get inside, I'll lock you in-"

"What on earth... you-you were just there...a-and now you're here!" said a shocked Ron from his bed.

Me, Harry and Hermione looked at each other and smiled.

"Honestly Ron," I said, "how can someone be in two places at once?"

Now, it was the day we were going back home on the Hogwarts Express. We were all distraught when we went to check in on Lupin on the last day and he told us that he was resigning. The only good thing was that we got the Marauders Map back. I found out that my dad was an Animagus and that he took the form of a tiger, like my Patronus.

The train journey went very quickly, I waved goodbye to everyone as I left the train. However, I was stopped by Hermione.

"Um...Y/N...I wanted to uh...talk about what happened after the Quidditch Match." Hermione said, going red.

I blushed. "I'm sorry about that, I wasn't thinking..."

"It's ok...I liked it." Hermione said, smiling.

"Well...uh, that's good. Uh...well, I've been meaning to tell you-"

"OI Y/N STOP TALKING TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND! I WANT TO GO HOME!" shouted Issac, who was standing with my parents who let out a small chuckle.

I sighed, Hermione looked disappointed since I never finished my sentence but covered it up with a laugh. "Write to me?" she asked.

"Definitely." I smiled.

Hermione kissed me on the cheek and ran off to her parents as I walked, as red as tomato, to my parents.

"Good year?" my dad smirked.

"You bet Stripes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.4K 18
You are Y/N L/N and you're a wizard! Your first year at Hogwarts has come to an end and through a mix of skill and luck you've made it through. There...
119K 3.8K 40
Your final year forces you to choose between good or evil because neither can triumph.
11.1K 445 17
SWEAR IT GET BETTER AFTER THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS After years of homeschooling, you finally join Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in your fo...
136 12 19
your Snape's daughter and your on your third year at Hogwarts. everyone on Hogwarts know that you and Draco are dating. Draco is beginning to be a li...