The Prisoner of Azkaban | Her...

By kieran_w

Your third year at Hogwarts unravels more about you than you ever knew. More

Book Three
1. The Leaky Cauldron
2. Expectations, Fears And Family
3. The Train
4. Back To Hogwarts
5. Divination
6. Hagrid's Class
7. The Boggart
8. Lavender's Loss
9. Lupin's Office
10. An Intruder
11. A Quidditch Match Gone Wrong
12. The Hospital Wing
13. Lupin's Secret
14. Hogsmeade
15. A Family Discovery
16. Y/N Black
17. Buckbeak
18. The Firebolt
19. Anti-Dementor Lessons
20. The Return Of The Firebolt
21. Gryffindor V Ravenclaw
22. The Attack
24. Snape's Suspicions
25. Buckbeak's Execution
26. The Quidditch Cup
27. Sirius Black
28. Lupin's Story
29. Peter Pettigrew
30. Back In Time
31. The End Of Third Year

23. The Shrieking Shack

7.5K 276 136
By kieran_w

Y/N's POV

When everyone realised that I had returned, I was engulfed by everyone. Many wanted to know more about the attack. It was a good thirty minutes before I was able to speak to Harry, Ron and Hermione on their own.

"We thought you were dead, for sure." said Ron.

"Gee thanks Ron." I said sarcastically.

"Glad you're alive though, it was so scary." said Harry.

Ron and Harry talked about the whole attack and finally left later, leaving me and Hermione on our own.

"So...glad to see me?" I said, smirking at Hermione.

She blushed, didn't say anything, then started sobbing. Out of instinct, I hugged her, holding her close to my chest.

"I-I thought y-you were dead." cried Hermione. "W-when Mc-McGonagall arrived a-and Dumbledore I t-thought for s-sure you were d-dead."

Hearing Hermione cry made my heart break, I didn't know what to do so I hugged her for a while before I stepped back and looked her in the eye.

"'Mione, I'm not going. Not for a while, I'm sorry to say that you're stuck with me for a while. I'll always be here for you." I smiled, Hermione gave a weak chuckle. We stood there looking at each other...this was it. I had to tell her how I felt, I had already told her but now she wasn't petrified. The words didn't come out my mouth, I looked at Hermione and I could feel us both leaning in...

MEOW! Crookshanks suddenly appeared in between the two of us and we both jumped back, blushing furiously. Without saying anything, I bolted upstairs to my dorm, ignored Harry and Ron and hid under the covers.

The next day, me, Harry and Ron were coming back to the Common Room, I hadn't seen Hermione all day, it was like she was avoiding me.

"Hogsmeade, next weekend!" said Ron, craning over the heads to read the new notice. "What d'you reckon?" he added quietly to me and Harry as we went to sit down.

"Well, Filch hasn't done anything about the passage into Honeydukes..." Harry said, even more quietly.

I nodded, I was still thinking about how me and Hermione arranged a date. I wasn't sure whether it was still on or not.

"Y/N! Harry!" said a voice in my right ear. I jumped and looked around at Hermione, who was sitting at the table right behind us and clearing a space in the wall of books that had been hiding her.

"Y/N, Harry, if you go into Hogsmeade again...I'll tell Professor McGonagall about that map!" said Hermione.

"B-but Hermione, we have that...that thing." I said awkwardly.

Hermione seemed to of realised what I was speaking about and blushed...she didn't managed to say anything else as Ron butted in.

"So now you're trying to get them expelled!" said Ron furiously. "Haven't you done enough damage this year?"

Hermione opened her mouth to respond, but with a soft hiss, Crookshanks leapt onto her lap. Hermione took one frightened look at the expression on Ron's face and hurried off to her dorm.

On Saturday morning, Harry packed his Invisibility Cloak in his bag and I slipped the Marauder's Map into my pocket, we went to breakfast. When we got there, I sat with Hermione whilst Ron and Harry sat a few seats away.

"I'll meet you somewhere?" I said hopefully, looking at the girl.

"Three Broomsticks?" Hermione said.

I nodded. When the other two had left for Hogsmeade, me and Harry made our way to the statue.

We were held back by Neville, but finally managed to get to Hogsmeade. Harry split off, whispering in my ear to have fun with Hermione but I lightly punched him and we both split ways.

I didn't have the invisibility cloak so I was careful, I managed to get into Three Broomsticks undetected and spotted Hermione sitting at the table. I walked over, greeted her, and then went and got some butterbeer for the two of us.

"This...it's still a date right?" I asked.

She blushed at nodded, we both drank our butterbeer silently, obviously awkward. We managed to talk a bit when I asked her about her subjects.

We finished and made our way to The Shrieking Shack. Hermione seemed interested so I accompanied her. We admired it from afar, looking at the historic building. I listened with a smile on my face whilst Hermione told me all about the building.

Just then I heard some annoying laughs from behind us, I noticed that Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle where there. Hermione ushered me to hide somewhere. I jumped and hid behind a rock, waiting for what was going to happen.

"What are you doing, Mudblood?"

Malfoy looked up at Hermione.

"What's a filthy Mudblood like you doing on your own, where's Saint Potter and L/N. What about the Weasel as well?"

Hermione stayed silent, Draco continued to taunt her so I decided to take matters into my own hand. From behind the rock, I some mud and threw it at Malfoy.

SPLAT!

Malfoy's head jerked forward as the mud hit him, his silver blonde hair was suddenly dripping in muck.

"What the-?"

Hermione had managed to figure out it was me and a small smile was on her face. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle spun stupidly on the spot, staring wildly around, Malfoy trying to wipe his hair clean.

"What was that? Who did that?"

"Very haunted up here, isn't it?" said Hermione, a sly smile on her face.

Crabbe and Goyle were looking scared. Their muscles were no use against ghosts. Malfoy was staring madly around at the deserted landscape.

I crept along the rocks and threw some more mud.

SPLAT!

Crabbe and Goyle caught some this time. Goyle hopped furiously on the spot, trying to rub it out of his small eyes.

"It came from over there!" said Malfoy, wiping his face, and staring at a spot six feet to the left of me.

The three of them came running towards where I was, I pressed myself against the rock as they ran past, hoping that they didn't see me. Unfortunately, I could've sworn that Malfoy got a glimpse of me.

"Y/N!" Hermione said, stumbling forward and staring hopelessly at where I was. "You'd better run for it! If Malfoy tells anyone...you'd better get back to the castle!"

Hermione had a desperate expression on her face that I said a quick bye, hugged her and rushed back to Honeydukes.

I met up with Harry down in the cellar, unfortunately, Ron and Harry had their share of taunting Malfoy.

"We're dead." I sighed.

When we arrived back at the statue, we left quickly only to run into Snape.

"So," he said, a malicious smile on his face, "both of you come with me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 249 23
Last year, Y/N L/N started attending Hogwarts. While there, he made new friends, new discoveries, and even helped to keep the dark wizard, Lord Volde...
41.8K 1.4K 18
You are Y/N L/N and you're a wizard! Your first year at Hogwarts has come to an end and through a mix of skill and luck you've made it through. There...
344K 9.3K 24
Your first year at Hogwarts gets a lot more exciting than you imagined.
2.6K 97 13
Another year in Hogwarts ahead. --------------- I drew inspiration from other books on this platform and the original ones by J.K. Rowling.