The Boy Who Cried Beast | ✓

By 1fandombookgirl

As Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack, Everette Blackwood is required to find her mate. She's not too sold on the i... More

Copyright & Description
Character Aesthetic
Chapter 1: Silver Berry
Chapter 2: Dudes In Dresses
Chapter 3: The Ritual
Chapter 4: Sweet Jesus
Chapter 5: Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
Chapter 6: Put A Ring On It
Chapter 7: Centuries ago...
Chapter 8: Mom's Weird
Chapter 9: Cherry On This Hunk Of A Sundae
Chapter 10: I, Callum Cain, Reject...
Chapter 11: My Idiot
Chapter 12: Frilly Pink Apron
Chapter 13: A Case of OSD
Chapter 15: Men Crying
Chapter 16: Rip My Heart Out
Chapter 17: He Punched The Wall
Chapter 18: Cliche 'Bad Boy'
Chapter 19: Green-Eyed Monster
Chapter 20: Hypersthene
Chapter 21: Broken Bones
Chapter 22: No Cuddling
Chapter 23: Jesus, Take The Wheel
Chapter 24: The 'L' Word
Chapter 25: Written In Permanent Sharpie
Chapter 26: Those 'Evil Shits'
Chapter 27: Lover Boy
Chapter 28: War Is Brewing
Chapter 29: Houston, We Have A Problem
Chapter 30: What Did I Miss?
Chapter 31: Fido and His Brothers
Chapter 32: Ice-cream On A Hot Summer Day
Chapter 33: Don't Flatter Yourself
Chapter 34: Holy Mother of The Moon
Chapter 35: Wicked & Wise
Chapter 36: Pinky Promise
Chapter 37: Sherlock Holmes
Chapter 38: Death Was Reserved
Chapter 39: Katniss Everdeen
Chapter 40: Petrichor
Chapter 41: True Alpha
Chapter 42: Doodle Me In
Chapter 43: Máni
Epilogue
Alpha Aiden's Protection Program
BONUS CHAPTER: I'm Your Dork

Chapter 14: If I Was A Man

20.8K 926 373
By 1fandombookgirl

Chapter 14

The foyer of the packhouse was incredibly silent as I walked through with Callum right behind me. Around twenty pack members stood there as their eyes focused on Callum and then to our entwined hands.

I could see the anger and frustration on the faces of the older wolves and the curiosity mixed with incomprehension on the faces of the younger ones.

But they all pointedly ignored him as they greeted me.

"Alpha." Their chorus came out.

I cleared my throat and straightened my shoulders before addressing them, "As you're probably aware, this is my mate, Callum Cain. And yes, he is the son of Jake Cain."

"His name should be traitor." An old guy who was in his late forties grumbled.

My eyes narrowed on him, "He's your Máni and you'd be sure to remember that Bert."

"If you think we're just going to accept him here with open arms, then you're wrong Alpha." He spat.

"I don't expect that of you," I looked around the room, "of any of you. And neither does Callum. But he's here now and as long as he chooses to be my mate and your Máni, then he isn't going anywhere. Getting acquainted with each other will take time, but we'll get there."

Callum squeezed my hand in appreciation.

"And should we just forget about the past?" An older female pack member, Doris, asked.

"That's not what I asked. The memory of the war will forever live on in us but Callum had no part in it." I clarified as the woman glared at my hand that was clasped in Callum's.

"You weren't around at the time of the war either Alpha, so you don't understand what the pack went through. I just find it strange that you set out to be this great Alpha and once a mate walked in, you're suddenly forgetting about the pack by letting this hunter walk into our land. We already have enemies at our borders, we don't need enemies in our home."

"And you seemed to have forgotten that I'm the Alpha." My voice boomed through the house. "Just because I wasn't there, doesn't mean that I don't know the effects of that day. As for Callum being here, I haven't forgotten the pack. I worked hard to get my position Doris, so don't think for one second that his presence will 'distract me'."

"Seems like it already did dear," Doris said slyly.

I was about to snap at the old woman who always had an issue with me as Alpha, but Callum decided to step up.

"I've only known Everette for a day," Callum started and everyone looked at him in surprise to see him speak, "and I already know that she'll never put anything before you all. She's told me that herself." He winked down at me, "So trust me when I say this ma'am, if you want me gone, then I'm sure Everette will tie me to tree in the middle of the forest. But maybe you all should think about having the entire pack asking you to leave your mate because of something your parents did."

"My mate died because of your parents," Bert argued.

"So did my own and my only child," Doris added.

"Then you will know how it feels to not be with your mate and I'd like to think you wouldn't want that for anyone else." Callum pointed out. "As for your child Doris, I'm sorry for your loss."

I guessed he was going to charm his way out of this one but the human had a brain. I kinda like him now.

Who am I kidding? I've liked him the moment he didn't shoot me.

Bert, however, didn't respond as he huffed and walked out through the back door.

Doris, on the other hand, gave us a grave look, "You better prepare yourself for more of that because the pack is not going to like this boy."

With that, she left to the living room while everyone else either looked sympathetic or continued to glare at Callum.

"Anyone else wants to add to that?" I asked them with an unamused smile.

Only one person answered me.

A young boy, around ten years old.

"I don't know about what old Doris was on about but he seems like a good dude to me." The boy shrugged before walking off.

The rest of them trickled out of the foyer without another word as I looked at Callum.

"At least they didn't kill me?" He mused.

I snorted, "Just wait until you meet the rest of them."

"Promise to kill me before your dad turns me into a chew toy?" He asked.

"Where's the fun in that?" I asked cheekily before pulling him towards the staircase.

"Did my kiss not make you fall deeply in love with me?" He asked as he trailed behind.

Yes, I said in my head.

"Didn't even make me like you," Is what I actually said.

I could basically feel him roll his eyes behind my back, "Maybe we should do it again then?"

My heart nearly skipped all the way to Fairbairn and I nearly tripped on the steps before me.

Once I was sure I was about to fall, I turn to him, "As cute as you are, I'd have to pass."

His eyes widen in what can only be described as shock, "Fine, then I'll keep my kisses."

"You better save it for all the kissing up you're going to have to do tonight."

As we made it to the third floor, he faked a cough.

"I think I'm coming down with something. How about telling the pack I'm sick?" He tried and placed his hand on his forehead as if he was taking his temperature.

"Then you'll have six hundred wolves squeezing into the packhouse to call you out on being a Cain and faking to be sick," I smirked at his horrified expression.

"But maybe as Alpha, you can stop them? You know like what you did to the bastard." He quirked his eyebrow in question.

"I don't think the pack likes me very much and as for Alpha command, I don't think that will be a good idea."

"Are you kidding? The pack loves you!"

"Doris and Bert certainly don't. Sometimes I think that if I was a man, some of the pack would like me more." I admitted.

"That's insane, those wolves back there looked at you with admiration." He countered.

I sat down on the sofa and Callum joined me as I tucked my legs under me, "It wasn't always like that. I trained day and night to be able to fight better than everyone and it took some time to get some older wolves on bored with having me lead. Doris is especially old fashioned, well sexist is the right word, she detested having the pack ruled by me."

"Well, you proved to the others that you're a good as a leader as any man right?"

"Better than any man." I grinned.

"I don't doubt it." He smirked, "So just show them again, that despite me being here, you're still a badass female."

"It just gets tiring when people judge you based on whether you have a vagina or not." I sighed as I tipped my head back and leaned against the sofa.

"Well if it's any consolation, I know that you could beat me up on any day."

I felt a small smile grace my lips as I closed my eyes, "Dare to test that theory?"

"I rather not get my ass handed to me." He chuckled as I yawned, "How about you get some rest before having to protect me from your pack later?"

I was about to answer him but an insistent voice came through my mind link.

'Alpha?'

'Alpha?'

'Alpha!'

I knew exactly who it was and what she wanted.

'Yes, Karen?' I answered aunt Bailey's mother.

'You tell that grandson of mine that I would like to meet him before the meeting tonight.' She demanded.

'I'll ask him.'

'No, you tell him.'

I cut her off as I turned to a curious Callum, "You're grandma wants to meet you."

He immediately shook his head no, "Later, please?"

"Are you sure?"

"I don't think I can handle another person right now. Especially a doting grandmother I've never met." He seemed a bit uncomfortable by the idea so I nodded.

'Callum said he isn't ready yet.'

'Not ready? Whatever in the world could you mean?'

'Karen, I know you want to meet him, but trust me when I say he's overwhelmed by being here. Just give him some time.'

She went silent for a moment before she conceited, 'Fine. But tell him I'm waiting.'

'I will.'

And just like that, she disconnected the mind link as if hanging up the phone.

"What did she say?" Cal asked.

"She's waiting to meet you." I reiterated.

He sighed in relief, "Who knew I had an entire family here huh? Grandpa will definitely be jealous if he knew I was out here with my other family."

If there was one thing on my agenda, it was to find a way to get Callum to visit his grandpa again. I don't know if it was possible and it most certainly wouldn't be easy, but I couldn't just sit by having my entire family surrounding me when the only person he had was miles away and on the verge of forgetting him.

"He'll be happy you have them with you," I told him.

"I guess it's just odd. My mother has always been a mystery to me, but now information about her is at my disposal. And I don't even know if I want to know about her. The image I built up is already there."

"Who knows, maybe you'll be surprised by what you learn. I don't think Karen would paint a negative image of her." I assured him.

"I hope you're right princess."

"I'm always right." I bumped my shoulder against his with a smile.

"I'll prove you wrong one day." He mumbled as my eyes closed on their own accord and I laid my head back on the sofa.

"Not holding my breath." I yawned.

~~~

"Aww, look how adorable they look." I heard someone say before a clicking sound.

I popped open one eye and glared at the person before me, Charlotte, who held a polaroid camera in her hand.

"Charlotte what are you doing?" I asked groggily as I felt, whatever my head was on, shift.

My other eyes flew open as I sat up from my position on the couch. Callum's sleepy eyes caught my own as he stretched his arms and yawned.

We fell asleep together. As in I laid my head on the guy's shoulder and actually slept.

Besides the soreness from my neck, I can't say that I didn't enjoy it.

"Morning princess." He said.

"It's actually night." Charlotte corrected and my eyes flashed to hers and her mate Max.

"And you two woke us up, why?" I questioned as I rubbed the sleep off my eyes.

"Because Alpha, you have a meeting with the pack in half-hour and you're not ready." She tsked.

Max placed a bag on the coffee table before us, "We bought some things for Callum since you seemed to have forgotten."

"Tube tops and skirts as I requested right?" I asked with a grin as Callum gave me a grave look before snatching the bag.

Charlotte giggled as Callum shifted through the shopping bag and sighed in relief, "I swear after that pink apron, I will never trust you with clothes again."

"Too bad, I plan on getting you an entire wardrobe of pink." I teased as I heard another click.

"You two are so cute!" Charlotte grinned as she held two polaroids in her hand and handed them over.

"Did you come up here with your camera expecting a photoshoot?" I asked as I looked at both images.

The first one was the one she just took of me teasing a smiling Callum. The second one gave me a tingly feeling in my cold heart.

It showed Callum and me asleep with my head laying on his shoulder, his head on mine and his arm loosely wrapped around me.

Callum's finger disturbed my view as he pointed to his face, "Seems like I may his drooled on your head."

I immediately touched my hair, but it was dry and free of spit, thank the Moon Goddess.

"Not funny," I said as I whacked him on the arm.

"Ouch! You're an Alpha, that hurt." He pouted.

"Okay, I think we should leave the two love birds alone Char." Max chuckled as he wrapped his arm around his mate.

"Oh no, no, no. We are not love anything." I clarified.

"Definitely not." Callum shook his head as he got off the sofa.

Okay I know I said it first but I didn't expect the dingus to agree with me! Now I was internally pouting.

"I'd suggest getting ready before the pack comes sniffing out Callum," Charlotte informed us.

I grimaced, "On a scale of one to ten, how likely is it that someone's going to try to kill him?"

"A solid twelve," Max said with a thumbs up towards Callum.

"Not helping man." Callum shook his head.

"Sorry bro, you're going to have to deal with hell if you really want to stay with her."

Callum seemed weary but he didn't say anything else before nodding and walking to the guest room.

"Hope you got enough sleep because you're also going to have to fight to stay with him," Char said sympathetically.

"The pack should know better than to try to attack their Alpha's mate. I trust them enough not to."

"Well you know Pen and I have your back." She assured me.

'And Finn? Have he returned yet?' I mind linked her.

'No one's seen him since he ran off.' She responded. 'Don't worry, I'm sure he'll turn up. and apologize'

I nodded but I hoped he didn't go out of our territory since there are so many rogues roaming the woods.

With that, they both left and I headed towards my room. Despite not knowing what my future with Callum looked like, I set the polaroids on the mantel of the fireplace.

Then I prepared for Callum's doom.

And my own because I knew Taelyn and Thor were going to be there and god knows what embarrassing thing Thor will say.

Also Callum's grandmother, Karen, will most definitely be busting my balls as the mate of her long lost grandson.

Yikes, who meets the family when they haven't even gone out on a date.

Tonight was about to go downhill real quick.

Normally the official introduction of the Alpha's mate required us to dress semi-formally, but I doubt anyone was getting dressed up tonight.

Already judging from Charlotte's casual dress earlier, I had no doubt it. So I quickly pulled a pair of ripped jeans and a plain white t-shirt before taking a much-needed bath.

After drying my hair, pulling on my clothes and converse. I exited my room to find Callum sitting in the living room.

In a matching outfit to my own, minus rips on his jeans. As he heard me approaching, he got off the couch and turned around to face me.

His perfectly disheveled dark hair and green eyes had my heart doing the cha-cha slide. But the white t-shirt stretched across his muscular torso paired with a new pair of jeans and black converse had my uterus doing the salsa.

Calm down dude, now was not the time to jump the man.

Especially when a pack of wolves could come bustling up here at any moment.

That, and I'm pretty sure we both rather not procreate anytime soon.

"Wow, you look..." Callum stuttered before nervously rubbing behind his neck.

"Like I'm ready to protect you?" I asked as I flexed my muscles, "Folkes says I resemble Hercules."

He chuckled as he reached an arm out and squeezed my muscles which made me jump in surprise from the tinkling sensation and slight pain.

I batted his hand away as he laughed, "I'd say you're more Popeye the sailor before he eats his spinach."

"And yet I could take you down without breaking a sweat any day." I wiggled my eyebrows as he gave me an unimpressed look.

"One day I'm going to test you on that."

"Just make sure and don't tell your grandma though. Karen will wring my ear off if she knew I was going to make you cry." I teased.

"Only tears of joy when I win the fight."

"I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong." I patted his chest as I brushed past him. "By the way, I think I may prefer this look over the pink apron... but maybe just by a tiny bit."

"You should really think of changing careers to a comedian." He said behind me as I shuffled through a box under the tv-stand.

"Do you want all the butt of my jokes to be about you?" I questioned as I found what I was looking for.

"I feel as if I'd be it no matter your choice of career." He grumbled.

I turned back to him and tapped him on the nose with my sharpie, "You're absolutely right. Now give me your right foot."

"My what?" He looked at me oddly.

I held my palm out, "Your right foot. Come on now, we don't have all day."

"You're extremely odd princess." He mentioned but obliged my request as he lifted his foot at an odd angle between us with his shoe in my palm.

"Mundane is boring." I shrugged as I opened a sharpie with my teeth and scrawled his initials on the outer side of the black material with my white marker.

A perfect C.C. stood out to match my own shoe but feeling like it needed an extra pizzaz, I added a cute little heart and a flower.

"Perfect," I commented on my handwork before releasing his shoe and allowing him to see what I did.

"Was the flower and heart necessary?" He asked.

"Most definitely." I grinned, "Now, unless you want me to cut some hearts into your jeans, I'd say we better get going."

"Remind me to never let you near my clothes again."

"I'll be sponsoring your entire wardrobe, so hard luck there, bud."

"Oh mystical Moon Goddess, please let the pack kill me before Everette stuffs me into a dress." I heard him whisper as we walked down the stairs.

"Thought you were atheist?" I rose my eyebrows as we exited the house and headed towards my car since the meeting was going to take place in the training field.

The pack apparently used to use the field that was close to the packhouse, it was even where my parents got married but then it turned into the battlefield where Jake Cain decided to cause a massacre of both the hunters and wolves.

Since then, we haven't held a function there.

"Still don't believe there's a god." He shrugged before we both settled into the car. When I started the engine, Callum spoke up again, "I might be starting to believe in faith though."

I caught his meaningful gaze and felt a tug on our mate bond. But of course, this dingus had to ruin the moment,

"Eyes on the road princess." He grinned.

I unwillingly turned back to the windshield but I really wanted to ask him what he meant.

Maybe after tonight, I might actually get a clear perspective on what was happening between us. If he's willing to fight for me, as much as I am for him.

A/N

Chapter Update: Saturday/Sunday

Hehe, sorry for the long wait!

I was going to make this chapter long but it feels like a good way to end it off before we get to the meeting 👀 Theories on what's gonna happen? Good feeling or bad feeling?

We trusting Finn to back up his bestie or will Cal be throwing some fists? I have a clear plan on what's gonna happen and I plan to get most of my assignments done tomorrow (today?) so hopefully, I get the chapter out like Sunday in the AM time 😅

But you all know my clown behaviour with keeping promises regarding schedules lol.

Anywho, just wanted to say I read like 99% comments but it takes so much time to respond that I think I only responded like to 2 persons :( Will do better from now! Because I love you all so much and honestly the support is the most stable thing in my life right now ❤❤❤🍪

Also, look at me addressing sexism with old Doris and Bert. Really wanted to show that both genders discriminate against sex and not just men. Ev about to show some gurl power in the next chapter!

Song: Lauv - Feelings

Instagram: @1fandombookgirl

I hoped you enjoyed the chapter!

If you did then please consider:

Voting + Commenting

Read on wolfies, 🐺

-Shania. 🐾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.8K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
34K 1.1K 29
He stared at the bodies on the ground , at the girl covered in blood . "you're late " she said standing up . her eyes narrowed at him and before she...
459K 10.6K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...