crumble | h.s

By ulookuglytodaysis

{completed} "I want to go home." I plead. "Do you? Because Lydia, I will take you home myself if that's wha... More

part one: the robbery
part two: aftermath
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
part fourteen
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
part twenty
part twenty one
part twenty two
part twenty three
part twenty four
part twenty five
part twenty six
part twenty seven
part twenty eight
part twenty nine
part thirty
part thirty one
part thirty two
part thirty three
part thirty four
part thirty five
part thirty seven
part thirty eight
part thirty nine
part forty
part forty one
part forty two
part forty three
part forty four
part forty five
part forty six
part forty seven
part forty eight
part forty nine
part fifty
part fifty one
part fifty two
part fify three: 72 hours
part fifty four
party fifty five: 48 hours
part fifty six: 24 hours
part fifty seven: goodbye
part fifty eight
part fifty nine
part sixty
Author's Note
Announcement!!!!
RESURRECT
hi :)
surprise ...
new fic!

part thirty six

7.4K 191 185
By ulookuglytodaysis

Lydia White

We're moving today.

It's been four days since the break in...three days of the house being guarded, and now it was time to go.

There were boxes scattered all over the house, and the guys were loading them into the back of Louis' truck.

Harry said that the place that we were going was already furnished because they've lived there before, so we didn't need to pack up the entire house.

I was in my room packing the last of my clothes when I heard a knock at my opened door.

I looked up to see Harry leaning against the doorframe, looking down at me on the floor next to my half-packed bag.

"Hi." I smile. He smiles in return and comes to sit next to me, cross-legged.

Things between us have been really good. Since the day he cried to me on the floor, he's been so open and...happy lately. I'm not really sure why, but I liked it.

I still can't believe he cried that day. It seemed like a really rare thing for him to do. It made me feel really special that he totally opened himself up and became vulnerable for me.

"So, I wanted to talk to you." Harry says, grabbing some of my clothes off the pile and folding them to fit in my bag.

"Okay." I say, waiting for him to continue.

He folds one of my shirts and hands it over to me to put in the bag. "I know this is really big. I just want to make sure that you're okay. Be honest." he says.

"I've told you this already. I'm okay." I tell him. We had a really big conversation about this last night in bed. He was really worried that everything was moving too fast for me. In a way, I guess it was...but if it was with him, then I didn't care.

Maybe I should care, but I trust him.

"I know, I know. I just want to make sure." he hands another article of clothing to me.

He helps me pack for a while longer as we sit in a comfortable silence.

But then he says something that catches me totally off guard.

"You don't want to go home, do you?"

My eyes flick from my bag up to his eyes. I sit up straight in total surprise that he just asked me that question.

"It's not safe for me to go home." I say, sitting frozen.

"That's not what I asked."

I shake my head and return to folding the clothes. I haven't even thought about going back to my apartment and back to my normal life...because it simply didn't exist anymore.

Everything I thought I knew before was completely different now, and I just couldn't see myself returning to it all.

"No. I don't." I answer.

"Really? Not even a little?" he asks.

I look up at him. I examine his face and his expression. I knew he really wanted me to stay, but he was really worried I'd say I want to go leave.

But, I also knew that if I told him I want to leave...he'd take me right away.

Except I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay wherever he was. I wish he would just realize that.

Can't this boy see that he's my home now?

"You can't get rid of me that easily, sorry." I smirk.

He chuckles and tosses another shirt at me. "Oh shuddup."

I laugh softly as I finish packing and close my bag.

"All done?" Harry asks, standing to his feet.

"I think so." I take a quick look around the room. "I'm driving with you right?" I ask.

"No, you're going with Louis." he states. I look up at him with wide eyes and a face full of concern.

"Kidding." he smirks, making me slap him lightly on the chest. He laughs and puts his hand on my back, leading me out of the room.

"Liam's already left. Louis and Niall are leaving right now." he says as we walk down the stairs.

Harry walks to the door and I follow. We both put our shoes on and head outside to his car.

Most of the car ride was quiet. I was expecting it to be long, but it wasn't at all...maybe 45 minutes.

Harry took a weird turn and suddenly we were driving down a forested road.

He drove up to a gate, and took out a card, scanning it and causing the gates to open.

"Here we are." he says, driving through the entrance.

"What is it?" I ask, looking out of the car window in curiosity.

"It's The Kings headquarters. This is where I work." he responds.

"We're staying at your office?" I blurt our in confusion.

He lets out a small chuckle. "There are apartments, that's where we're staying."

The building was huge...yet totally covered by forest. You wouldn't be able to see it from the road.

Harry parked next to Louis' truck. I hopped out of the passenger seat, looking up at the intimidating building before me.

Harry grabs both of our bags from the backseat and walks next to me.

"There's nothing to worry about. They know about you." he says, sensing my feelings of nervousness. I nod and follow him towards the front doors.

Harry reaches down and scans his card again on a machine, and the doors slide open.

I walk closely behind him on the marble floor. People wearing red and black jackets were scattered across the lobby.

I noticed Harry's jacket was absent.

"Styles!" a voice yells.

We turn to the direction of the call, and see none other than Niall heading towards us.

"Where's Lou?" Harry asks.

"He's on his way down." Niall responds.

I stand next to Harry, feeling slightly out of place. The lobby wasn't very crowded, but there were the odd man and woman walking around.

"Okay, we're gonna go up to the apartment." Harry says. Niall waves us off and we start to walk towards a hallway full of elevators. There were 6, 3 on each side.

Just as Harry was about to push a button, an elevator behind us dings.

We turn around as the doors slide open, revealing Louis and another man.

The other man had his jacket sleeves rolled halfway up his arms to reveal all the ink that covered them. He head dark hair, a beard that was clean cut and tidy, and brown eyes.

Louis and the man walk out and immediately notice Harry.

"Hey, Styles." Louis says. Harry puts our bags down and turns his full attention towards them.

"Hey mate." the unknown man says with a thick accent. Harry smirks at the man and pulls him in for a hug, as if they haven't seen each other for a while.

"Long time, no see." Harry says, pulling away from the man.

I stand there awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

"This must be Lydia." the man says, looking over Harry's shoulder.

I look up at him and half-smile awkwardly.

He reaches his hand out for me to shake. "I've heard a lot about you." he smiles.

"Oh, uh...thanks." I blurt out. I wanted to slap myself internally for being so awkward, but I didn't know how else to act.

"Lyds, this is Zayn Malik." Harry says, gesturing to the man.

"Nice to meet you." Zayn smiles.

"Well, we're gonna go get unpacked. See you guys later." Harry says, picking up the bags again.

"See you." Louis says and then walks off with Zayn.

An elevator opens up and Harry and I step inside.

"So, whats his deal?" I ask Harry.

"Zayn? He's the person who's in charge of receiving and sending out all the messages or letter we receive. He's pretty important around here." Harry says, leaning against the wall of the elevator.

"Is he as important as you are?" I ask.

Harry chuckles and shakes his head. "Love, no one is as important as I am."

"So he's like a mailman?" I smirk and cross my arms.

"Well he also had codes and access to everything...that job doesn't go to just anyone." he retaliates.

"Does he live here?"

"He used to live with us, but he relocated. He just got back yesterday." Harry answers.

"Was his old room the one that I was sleeping in?" I think out loud.

"Yup." Harry nods. I shift uncomfortably, knowing I was sleeping in that stranger's bed.

The elevator stops and opens up. We both step out and into the hallway.

I was expecting these "apartments" to be like a hotel...with a bunch of doors in the hallways. But there was only 1 on this floor.

"You're the only one up here?" I ask, looking at the door.

"Well not anymore." he smiles and nudges me. I let out a small laugh and follow him towards the front door.

He uses his red card to unlock it, and when the door finally opens up...my jaw drops.

The floors were black tiled and spotless. The walls were black as well.

There were couches and a large flat screen television mounted on the wall in front.

The kitchen had a marble island in the middle.

There was a marble staircase with black railing that lead to another floor of his apartment.

To say the least, the whole place was very Harry.

"I'll take your stuff up to our room." Harry says, walking towards the stairs.

Our room?

"We're staying in the same room?" I ask.

Harry pauses on the stairs. "Is that okay?" he furrows his brows.

I've slept in the same room and the same bed as Harry for the past few nights, and I was fine with it...but if I ever got uncomfortable I could've just gone into my own room.

But now that wasn't an option.

"Maybe I'll sleep on the couch for a few nights." Harry says, noticing my slight discomfort.

"No no. I'm fine sleeping with you." I smile. I meant what I said. If I didn't want to sleep in the same room as him, then I wouldn't.

Harry smiles and nods, then continues up the stairs.

I wander into the dining room. A dining table with a glass top sat surrounded by black chairs... 4 of them. I run my hands over the back of one of the leather chairs, and look up. A chandelier hung from the ceiling elegantly.

I can't believe he used to live in this place alone.

"Hey." Harry says, walking into the room. I turn around to greet his presence.

"This place is insane." I shake my head, still awestruck.

"I know. It's gonna be nice to have someone to share it with." he smiles at me. My heart flutters simply because almost everything he says has that affect on me.

"I'd offer you something to eat but I haven't stocked the fridge or anything in months." Harry motions towards the kitchen.

"That's okay, I'm not hungry." I tell him. I was kind of lying...but I didn't want to trouble him.

"I'll pick up some stuff tomorrow." he says.

"Won't that mean you have to go into town?" I ask. If there were people out there who wanted to kill us, then I didn't want him to go out and risk us life for some food.

"Well yes." he starts. "But Phantoms don't usually roam around grocery stores. " he snickers.

"What if something bad happens?" I worry.

"Nothing's gonna happen, Lyds, I promise." he assures.

I sigh and nod. "Fine. But if anything happens to you then I'll kill you myself." I say, only half joking.

He lets out a breathy chuckle. "Okay."

-

It was around 11 pm now.

Harry was in the shower, and I was getting ready for bed. I put on some pyjama shorts and a white tank top. I put my hair up into a ponytail to keep it out of my face.

I crawl into the warm, yet unfamiliar sheets of the bed.

The door suddenly opens to reveal Harry. He was shirtless, wearing only a black pair of sweat pants. His hair was damp, and his curls glistened as they hung over his forehead.

He held a towel in his hand and ran it through his curls quickly to dry them. 

I sat up in the bed looking at him. He noticed and smirked, knowing exactly how he looked. 

He walks over and presses his palms into the edge of the bed, keeping himself up by his arms. 

"Look what you did to me." he says, moving his head to the side and exposing his neck. 

I arch my brow and squint, looking at his skin. There was a small purple spot planted on the side of his neck. 

Aw, shit. 

"I did that?" I ask in bewilderment. I didn't think that I was capable of giving hickeys...but in that moment while we were in the lake, I felt like I was capable of anything. 

 "Mhm." Harry nods smugly. He walks back over to the light and flicks it off. 

"Sorry." I can't help but chuckle. I lay back down and rest my head on the pillow, facing away from him. 

He crawls under the covers and lays down next to me, facing my back. "Don't apologize. But I'll need you to help me cover it up tomorrow." he says. 

"Okay." I let out a small laugh. 

Harry shifts his body in really close to mine. Our bodies fit together as I was practically engulfed by his broad frame. He was warm. 

I begin to close my eyes, but then I feel his hand brush my neck. He eventually rests his palm lightly on my neck, wrapping his fingers around it ever so gently. 

Then, he mutters a sentence that sends shivers down my spine. 

"I'm going to have to mark you up in return, Lyds." 

-

ouuuuu. 

vote and comment babies ... i love you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610 26 58
!!!!!UNEDITED AND CRINGY AFF!!!!!! ______________ I take slow, unsure steps towards him and place my hands on his tense forearm and he softens at my...
426 33 21
~~ "You asked me if I had ever been in love, and I said no, right?" He inquired while gazing into my eyes, a smile playing on his lips, his dimples...
125K 3.6K 57
[COMPLETED] "The only thing I've ever been scared of, Lydia, is losing you." - Lydia and Harry have finally began that 'next chapter' that they've b...
8.5K 281 56
"I hate you." Was all I could manage to say, given the fact that I was battling my emotions. I just lost all four of my brothers, and I'm being take...