(ABANDONED)TFP: Way of the Fl...

By SilverJay3709

Lena is a mutant. And of course, she is forced to keep in secret, especially when her ability is one that peo... More

1: Prologue
2
3
4
5
6
7
A/N Questionaire!
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
A/N
Rewrite

15

1.2K 33 33
By SilverJay3709

A/N PLEASE READ

Okay! I figured out a plot for the book and I'm excited about it and usually, when I want to get to a specific part I end up speeding through. So if it seems like I am, let me know in the comments and I'll be sure to fix it because I want the story to be as well-timed as possible. I want it to be better than TFP: Into the Future. 

===========================================================

Timeskip: two days

Day: Monday

Lena dreaded having to go to school but she can't avoid it and the longer she's away, the more work she'll have on her shoulders. Miko happily came over early to give Lena some clothes her host parents gave her but they weren't her style so she never wore them.

(A/N Imagine it with red sneakers instead of heels)

Shuffling out of her room, her face blushed red from never wearing an outfit that showed this much skin let alone short-shorts. Heck, this is the first time she's worn such nice clothes! All her and Alex's clothes were ragged donations that the two siblings had to sew to make them look a bit decent. Some of her scars showed on her back and one going across her chest, but Lena didn't mind, not like Leo was going to surprisedly appear out of nowhere when it's been well over a week since the incident. And if he did, oh boy the police will be chasing after him like street racers for first place!

Miko also styled the emaciated girl's hair. Putting it in a high, tight, ponytail with a white ribbon tied around the ponytail. "Oh. My. Gosh. You look so adorable!" Exaggerates the colorful rocker, her pigtails moving up and down according to her emotions which always confused the other of how her hair moved like an anime character simply by emotions. 

Trailing after you down the hallway where Jack sat on the couch waiting for the two girls so they could get to school already. "W-Whoa. Lena, you look in-incredible," breathes Jack, doing his usual sheepish scratching-the-back-of-his-neck. (A/N No. No, I am not pairing these two. Not sure if there is going to be romance in this tbh) Shyly nodding a 'thank you' before Miko began shoving Lena through the front door, towards Bulkhead's alt-mode. 

Bulkhead and Miko explained the following day how Optimus Prime is giving her time before officially meeting the rest of the team, even though she already has, just not in their original height. Or at the base. Or see the other's alt-modes but so far she has an idea of who's who. Jack's motorcycle is Arcee. The yellow and black custom muscle car is Bumblebee, Raf's guardian. The red and blue semi-truck is Optimus. The ambulance is Ratchet, who she still hasn't met because he luckily wasn't shrunken. And a sharp looking white race car with green and red V on the front and the sides is Wheeljack. 

Stepping into the wrecker's alt, Lena and Miko spot Jack on Arcee's alt-mode, driving to school. Bulkhead closed the door and automatically swung seatbelts over our bodies. "Wha-I didn't know you could do that..." "Yeah well, it became a rule to always wear seatbelts since Miko never actually wears one." Internally snickering at the spunky gal who pouts in the seat next to her on the way to school. The guardian and charge held up a long-going conversation. Lena wasn't listening in, she didn't want to and didn't care to, so she spent the ride looking out the window at passing houses and buildings until they arrived in the parking lot of their school. 

A noticeable frown on her lips with her temples scrunched. Does she have to go back here? Yup. She does. Sighing on her way out, wow she sighs a lot. Miko by her side as they enter through the doors, into the same-old hallway that's stayed the same for years. 

"See you at lunch, Lena!" Miko waves as she heads towards her first period, art, the only subject she likes. 

Gulping, looking at the sea of kids. Most avoid eye contact with her. Other's, they stare with pity even though they feel nothing since losing the orphanage and her brother didn't leave an impact on them.

--------------------------------------------

The school day was monotonous and tiring. Especially when you've already studied ahead of your grade. Being it lunch, Lena was in the trees, sitting in her usual one with her eyes sealed. No sound except the rustling of the leaves when the wind whisks by and the gentle feeling of soft sunbeams coming through cracks in the blockade of leaflets. Snacking on a PB & J sandwich Mrs. Darby placed in a bag for Lena's lunch. The bread was soft and there were little pieces of solid peanuts in it making the sandwich a bit crunchy. But a good crunchy. 

And the weather is so nice it could make the pyrokinetic fall prey to its trance and fall into a deep sleep. Wishing every day can be as tranquil as this one. Sadly good things always come to an end. And fast. 

Footsteps fill Lena's audio range. Tiny quick ones. Must be Raf, he is very short and the trio are the only ones who know Lena's tree. "Hi Lena," waves the 12-year-old, looking up at her. She gives a slight glance at the kid before giving a nod of acknowledgment. Smiling, when is Rafael not smiling? "Can I eat lunch with you?"

Giving it a few seconds of thought, the dark-skinned girl shrugs. Why not? Raf sits underneath the tree, taking out his own bagged lunch. Jumping down from her spot, landing next to the boy, a bit startled by her sudden movement. Criss-crossing her legs, continuing to eat the sandwich while Raf blabbered on about different topics. Some on math, hacking, computers, Bumblebee, whatever his mind came to was the next topic. 

"What's your favorite color?" asks Raf, taking the last bite of his apple. Glancing from him and the sky. Might as well quench his curiosity. "Red" "What's your favorite school subject? Do you like math? What's your favorite book?" Comparing his endless questions to Miko, Lena's mind huffs.

"Language class(aka English). Kinda. And either Graveyard Book or Coraline, both by Neil Gaiman." Keeping answers short and simple. And whether or not Lena's favorite color has anything to do with her flaw, she just mainly likes the color, it suits almost everything and when you wear it, no one can tell your bleeding since it would just look like another shade of red. That's why she likes the color.

At least they aren't personal questions. If anything, Lena's most surprised that Miko hasn't burst with personal questions, yet, and she hopes that the punk teen never does. Desperately also hoping that they never find out about her flaw, either. If or when they find out, Mrs. Darby, Jack, Miko, and Raf will think that Lena set the fire when it was just the opposite. She's not even powerful enough to create a fire that catastrophic! Not when she continues to suppress her emotions while the flame burns inside of her, begging to come out. 

But there was another feeling inside of her. It wasn't heat like her own flaw, but cold. Why would she feel cold when it's warm out and she has fricken fire in her? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class just got out, making it the official end of Monday. Swiftly packing her notebook and textbook in her backpack, quickly walking through the hallway out the doors before she's tripped at the top and tumbles down the bottom of the stairs. Landing on her wrist uncomfortably. Holding in a yelp at the sting, glaring at the group of kids at the top of the stairs. Vince and his 'gang' snickering. "If it ain't homeless. Where's your brother, homeless?" Vince taunts.

Clenching her fists, taking in a large breath, holding it in and letting it out. Uncurling her fists. Standing up, wiping the dirt off her borrowed clothes before walking away. Her heart beating 100 mph, mentally screaming for it to calm down before anything negative happens or any flames suddenly sparkle out of her fingertips. 

Steadily walking towards Jack's motorcycle or Arcee, his guardian, when she's grabbed my the hair by Vince. "Ow! Let go!" Hands on her head, trying to yank out of Vince's grasp. "No way. No one ever ignores me."

"She said 'let go'," speaks up a new voice and yet... it sounds so familiar. Vince let's go of Lena's hair when he suddenly tossed aside by this new person. Lena scans the boy up and down. He looks around her age and has light brown hair, tanned skin, and bright green eyes. His figure was lean but muscular and he wore combinations of greens and blacks. The 16-year-old would be lying if she said he wasn't attractive, but that doesn't mean she would fall for him. Never. 

Mystery-boy places his hand out to Lena, even though she's standing, in a formal manner, "Are you alright, miss?" Miss? Who uses the word 'miss' in Jasper except for the elderly? Masking her usual unreadable face, she nods, not taking his hand. The boy smiles, "Good to know. There are too many crude people in this world no matter how much kindness is spread," glaring at Vince before turning his attention back to Lena. "I'm Jordan. I'm new here but I don't start until tomorrow, I just came to get my schedule early. And you are?" The way Jordan spoke was with a slight English accent and very polite educate. 

"L-Lena. And you didn't need to 'save' me. I'm used to it."

"To brutality? You'd think American school systems would be more... acceptable." So he is a foreigner. Must be another exchange student like Miko, she thinks, unaware of Arcee listening in on the entire conversation. What? She's been sitting there for the last five minutes bored out of her processor, this is the best entertainment she can get right now and he is talking to one of their charges. 

Shrugging, "I've heard there are better schools in Los Angelas except for the middle schools... I've heard those are full of drugs and vapers. Which country are you from?" This has to be the most Lena's ever talked to someone she just met. She didn't even talk to Jack, Miko, or Raf this much and she still doesn't. "England. I came to Jasper on an exchange student program to see what American is like in the 'Entertainment Capital of the World'."

Inwardly laughing, "Rule 1 of traveling: Don't always trust the brochures," snarking at the green-eyed boy. Jordan laughs sheepishly, "Ah-ha, lesson learned." Turning around to leave when Jordan grabs her wrist. Giving questionable and untrustable glares at the tanned boy, yanking her wrist away and holding it protectively, slightly and unnoticeably growling. "S-Sorry. No need to be hostile. I was just wondering if you'd like to show me around Jasper, sometime. You being a native and all."

Green eyes... pure green eyes. Lena was sure she had read about them somewhere. Gasping when she noticed a small green swirl on his hand, just below his knuckles. He's a-! Realizing her shock and where her gaze was laid, placing his hands slightly up in defense, "Don't panic, I'm not going-" Lena hugs him. Tight. Catching him off guard, hearing her whisper, "I thought I was the only one left." Letting go of him, concealing the grin threatening to spread so no one thinks anything suspicious is going on. Then again, she hugged him. If that isn't suspicious enough to those that have observed the dark-eyed girl, then she doesn't know what is.

=========================================

Okay! I have several projects for school to do so I don't know if I'll be able to post the next chapter all that soon. Byyyyeeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 1.5K 33
Amelia Moore is Raf's babysitter since she was thirteen and has known Raf for three years. She is known to be cold and angry at everyone at Memorial...
2.5K 130 8
I write this little message to relate an...interesting event fallen upon our writer, Enigma or Anna. I, Alpha Trion, shall be your little guide to th...
80.6K 2.1K 69
Meet Evelyn Lila Nakadai, a half British half Japanese girl. She loves America pop culture, enjoys playing on her flute and guitar, likes gymnastics...
11.7K 389 45
Lora is healing. The world she was pulled into only months ago fell apart, and only now is she starting to rebuild her life. But nothing is ever that...