Forbidden

By Violaplayer44

(Sean Renard) Paityn is Nick's older sister. Also a Grimm just like her brother. They both work on the police... More

Chapter 1 Pilot
Chapter 2 Bears will be Bears
Chapter 3 BeeWare
Chapter 4 Lonelyhearts
Chapter 5 Das Gift von Grimm (Own Idea)
Chapter 5.5 Danse Macabre
Chapter 6 The three bad wolves
Chapter 7 Let Down Your Hair
Chapter 8 Game Ogre
Chapter 9 Of Mouse and Man
Chapter 10 Organ Grinder
Chapter 12 Last Grimm Standing
Chapter 13 Three Coins in a Fuchsbau
Chapter 14 Plumed Serpent
Chapter 15 Island of Dreams
Chapter 16 The Thing with Feathers
Chapter 17 Love Sick
Chapter 18 Cat and Mouse
Chapter 19: Leave It To Beavers
Chapter 20: Happily Ever Aftermath

Chapter 11 Tarentella

431 7 0
By Violaplayer44

It had been a week since Paityn had been shot. She was at her house with Pearl who was munching on an apple. 

"So what can you do?" Paityn asked Pearl. Pearl looked at her. 

"What do you mean?" She asked her. 

"Your abilities. Most Wesen I know of gain some form of ability. Like super strength or super smelling." Paityn said. Pearl smiled and she raised her arms as wings slowly came out of her arms and sides forming the butterfly wings again. Her top canine teeth became sharper and Pearl smiled a bit. She stood up and she moved her wings once able to hover a small bit in the air. 

"I can hover. My eyes can glow in dark rooms. and..." She said. She floated to Paityn's back door going out and claws came out of the tips of her fingers. She swiped at the air and a dark blue liquid flew at the punching bag tree she had causing it so slowly start disintegrating. "Poison. I can shoot it out of my claws when I'm in a tight situation. It can also be used as acid. As you saw." She gave Paityn a small smile who was looking at her in awe. Paityn's phone began to ring and she answered. 

"Burkhardt." She said. 

~~~

"Victim's Ryan Showalter, 28. A stock analyst with Mindel, Brandt, and Zoic." The CSI agent said as they walked down the condo hall to the body where Paityn winced. 

"Did the neighbors hear anything? Were there any witnesses?" Paityn asked. 

"No, haven't found anybody yet. We're still canvassing. It's a pretty quiet building." He said. 

"Surveillance cams?" Hank asked. 

"Lobby and parking garage. We're downloading it now." He said. 

"Who found the body?" Nick asked. 

"Girlfriend, Amy Lewis. She's an actress. She lives here, she had an audition in L.A. She got back around 9 A.M. and found him. That's her over there. She's pretty shaken up. I would be too." He said looking over to Amy. Paityn looked over sympathizing for her.

"We sure that's him?" Paityn asked. 

"Girlfriend I.D.'d him. Says he's missing his gold Rolex. She's certain he'd have been wearing it. Said it's registered with the insurance company." He said. 

"The body's completely desiccated. That doesn't happen overnight." Nick said. 

"When was the last time anybody saw him alive?" Hank asked. 

"Try last night. According to his girlfriend, Showalter was among the living at an art gallery opening at 8 P.M." he said. "She spoke to him on his cell phone last night." He shrugged his shoulders. 

"No way this guy was alive last night," Hank said. 

"Hey, I found something." A girl said behind them making them turn to look at the body. They went over to the body and kneeled to take a better look at it. Paityn picked up a finger from beside his neck and held it. 

"Looks like it was bitten off," Paityn said. 

"Yeah, nail polish. Must be a woman's finger, but you never know. At least we'll get a clean print." Hank said. Paityn examined the finger and suddenly the finger moved, making Paityn jump and drop the finger and back up wiping her hands on her pants quickly. 

"Ew ew ew," Paityn said quickly shaking. 

"What's wrong?" Hank asked. 

"It moved!" She said quickly. "Oh god disgusting," Paityn said shivering. 

"Must have been a nerve," Hank said. "You want to pick it up again or do you want me to give you the finger?" Hank said. Paityn handed him the bag as he laughed. 

~~~

"That's Ryan," Marta said pointing at the screen showing Ryan walking. Alive and not a zombie. 

"Could be that's the phone call with the girlfriend," Hank said. 

"How well did you know Ryan?" Nick asked. Paityn kept her eye on the tape not taking her eyes off it. 

"He bought a few pieces from me, but I can't say that I really know him," Marta said. 

"Wait. Who's that woman?" Paityn asked. 

"I've not seen her before. I remember the hat, but I've never seen her before." Marta said. 

"I thought this was an invitation-only," Hank said confused. 

"Yes, but we work from a list that several other galleries work from. I can't say that I know everyone on it personally." She said. 

"We are gonna need that list." Paityn sighed. 

"Of course," Marta said and she left to go get the list. 

"She's leaving," Nick said staring at the computer. 

"He's leaving too," Paityn said. 

"Could be he caught up with her on the street," Nick suggested. 

"Maybe they had plans to meet up later," Hank said. 

"And he didn't want to be seen leaving with her," Nick said. 

"Or she didn't want to be seen leaving with him," Paityn said. Paityn winced a bit rubbing her temples a bit and Nick looked at her smiling just a small bit. 

"Headache?" He asked. Paityn nodded. 

"I'm just dehydrated. My body is working overtime to heal my shoulder." She said. Nick nodded. 

"I'm going to go to the station. Take some ibuprofen and chug water." Paityn smiled and left as Hank got a phone call. 

~~~

Paityn got to the station buying a water bottle and then going to the desk taking ibuprofen out and taking 3 of them. 

"Paityn. You alright?" Sean asked as he walked over to her desk. Paityn looked up at him giving him a small smile. 

"I'm alright. Just a small headache." She said. Sean nodded and he sat down beside her stealing Nick's chair. 

"Are you sure? Could it possibly be your shoulder?" He asked. Paityn laughed a bit. 

"No. I'm sure it's not my shoulder." Paityn smiled. Sean smiled a bit seeing Paityn smile. 

"Okay. Just making sure." Sean said. He gently kissed her head and Paityn smiled. 

~~~

Paityn was following Hank, Nick, and Sean as they were walking to give him the news. Paityn didn't know what was going on due to her leaving early. 

"Literally sucking the victim dry. Are we talking about a revenge killing?" Sean asked. 

"Don't know yet," Nick said. 

"Victim's never been married, so we ruled out ex-wives," Hank said. 

"Current girlfriend's alibi checks out. Could be an ex. He was a bit of a player. The only thing missing was his Rolex. We got the serial number from the insurance company. Put it on a hotlist." Nick said. 

"And what about his financials?" Sean asked. 

"Not in debt. Doesn't seem to be a gambler, except maybe the stock market." Nick said. 

"Well, lots of people lost money on the market, maybe one of his, female clients didn't appreciate his stock tips," Sean suggested.

"Anybody look at our pension funds lately? There's a motive for homicide right there." Hank said. 

"Hey, we got a hit off that finger. The same print turned up at a crime scene in Phoenix five years ago. Phoenix P.D. emailed you guys their files. Tox reports are on Paityn's desk." Officer Franco said. Paityn looked at her desk. 

"So that's what that folder was." She said looking back to her desk. 

'Let's see what we got." Nick said and they all went to their desks and Paityn grabbed the folder. Sean stood beside her looking at the file and Paityn had to hold back a smile. 

"Well, that looks familiar," Nick said. He was also behind Paityn so he could see it. 

"Seems like your killer's been to Phoenix," Sean said. 

"Victim's name was George Dixon, 25. Last seen at his bachelor party. No suspects." Paityn said. "The single print is all they found." 

"Only thing taken was his fiance's wedding ring, worth 10 grand," Nick said. 

"Could be she's collecting some form of trophies of her kills," Paityn said. 

"A ring in Phoenix, a watch here," Nick said. 

"Looking at the tox report the victim was found in a mummified state, just like ours. You ever hear of Latroinsectotxin?" Hank asked. 

"Yeah, gargle with it every morning. What in the world is that?" Paityn said causing a smirk from Sean. 

"It's an amino acid found in spider venom. Why can't she just shoot these guys and keep it simple?" Hank asked. 

"Some people don't like guns," Nick said. 

"Yeah, well some people hate spiders." Paityn murmured and Sean put his hand on her shoulder and Paityn looked at him seeing him smile a bit and she smiled back. 

"You two are cute," Hank said. Paityn blushed looking away now with a smile on her face like a dork.

"She's already killed twice. Could be more victims." Sean suggested. "See if you can find another match. Let me know." Sean said walking away and letting go of Paityn's shoulder. 

"Why don't you deal with Phoenix? Paityn and I will follow the venom." Nick said. 

~~~

Paityn was back at her house cooking some lasagna. She was putting it in the oven when she heard shuffling outside. She looked at her window and she grabbed her gun carefully while walking over to her door walking outside. She saw someone and pointed her gun up. 

"Who are you?" Paityn yelled. The person quickly started running and Paityn chased them having to jump over her fence. She sprinted following them. "Stop!" Paityn yelled preparing to shoot. The person took a sharp turn causing Paityn to slip and fall and she yelped as she fell. She quickly shot the person's leg making them let out a yelp. They got up anyways and limped away. Paityn stood up full of mud. She winced at her head hurting again and she slowly began her walk home. 

~~~

Paityn walked into her door and she smelled smoke. She cursed going to her oven and getting the lasagna out that was now burnt to a crisp. Paityn sighed putting it on the counter. 

"Woah. What happened to you?" Pearl asked from behind her. Paityn jumped and looked at her. 

"Don't scare me like that." Paityn sighed. "Someone was in my backyard and I chased them. I wounded them but I couldn't do anything to catch them. It rained a few hours ago so the ground was all wet. 

"Let's get you cleaned up eh?" She asked gently grabbing Paityn's arm and hand when she gasped freezing for a moment and her eyes glowed. Paityn looked at her confused. 

"What? What's going on?" Paityn asked. Pearl's eyes stopped glowing and she looked at Paityn. 

"When did you have sex?" Pearl asked making Paityn blushed bright red, not expecting that whatsoever.  

"Why?" Paityn asked. 

"Paityn, because cells are forming in your uterus. Like, baby cells. Paityn, you might be pregnant." Pearl said. Paityn went paler than a ghost. She looked at Pearl. 

"Your joking. That's a joke right?" Paityn asked. Her stomach flipped making her feel sick. Pearl shook her head. "I think I'm gonna be sick," Paityn said. Pearl rushed her to her bathroom as Paityn threw up as her heart was racing. 

"Paityn it'll be alright. It's too early to tell right now." Pearl said. Suddenly more knocking was heard at the door and Paityn whimpered. 

"I have to get that," Paityn said. 

"Not looking like that you don't," Pearl said. Paityn stood up anyways and went out wiping her mouth. 

"Who is it?" She asked. For all, she knew it could be Monroe or something. 

"Paityn it's me." She heard Sean say. Paityn cursed. 

"Baby daddy?" Pearl asked. Paityn nodded. 

"Shit." Paityn looked around for a moment. "Door is unlocked. I have a guest over." Paityn said. Sean opened the door looking at Paityn confused. 

"What happened?" He asked. 

"Long story short I chased a guy and I slipped. On mud." She said. Sean looked at Pearl confused and Paityn saw them both shift. Pearl squeaked and quickly hid behind the couch. Paityn looked at Pearl confused. 

"Your boyfriend is Zauberbiest?!" Pearl yelled. Paityn tried to shush her and Pearl kept jabbering on in fear. 

"A Mitternatchsfee? How are you not extinct?" Sean asked. Paityn looked at Sean and then at Pearl who was still chattering away in fear. Sean was glaring at Pearl and Paityn was just getting more and more stressed. Eventually, it got too much and Paityn ran upstairs to her bedroom closing the door and she took deep breathes trying to calm down. She grabbed a new pair of clothes changing out of her current ones and she went to the bathroom turning on only the faucet part getting the mud out of her hair. 

Sean walked into her room as Paityn was drying her hair and Paityn took a deep breath as tears slowly fell down her face. Sean came up behind her and gently wrapped his arms around her waist. 

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly. Paityn stayed quiet for a moment and turned around gently resting her head on his chest not answering. She wrapped her arms around him and he just waited,  being patient with her. 

"I'm okay," Paityn whispered. Sean nodded and rubbed her back gently to keep her calm. 

"If you were, you wouldn't be crying." He said and he used his other hand to wipe away her tears. 

"I'm just stressed. I promise I'm okay." She said. She gave him a small smile trying to reassure him. It was a fake one but it didn't work.

"I am not buying that smile put it back," Sean said making Paityn laugh a small bit which caused Sean to smile as well. He gently kissed her and Paityn smiled into the kiss. Sean gently cupped her face deepening the kiss and Paityn obliged not complaining. She had to move back for air and Sean chuckled. 

"You didn't come here to just argue with Pearl did you?" Paityn asked and Sean shook his head. 

"I thought her kind were extinct." He said. 

"And I find out you're a Zauberbiest," Paityn said. She looked at him in the eyes and he sighed. 

"Yeah. Half and half. Half-human half-Zauberbiest. My mother was a Hexenbiest." He said. Paityn nodded understanding and she pecked him gently on the lips. 

"So why did you come here?" Paityn asked. Sean sighed. 

"I still have to tell you everything." He said. Paityn looked at her door. 

"I probably should check on Pearl to make sure she's okay. I will be back up here." Paityn said and Sean kissed her head gently as Paityn ran downstairs seeing a note on the table. 

"I left because I figured you and your boyfriend want to talk." Pearl had written. Paityn sighed going to have to apologize and she went back upstairs with the note. 

"She left to give us alone time," Paityn said. Sean was sitting on her bed with his legs crossed over each other. He patted the spot next to him.

"I need to tell you everything." He said. Paityn sat down and she gently grabbed Sean's hand holding it firmly. He began with telling her about Catherine and how Adalind was a part of it all. Trying to make him cutting off the reapers ear as non-violent as possible. But while talking he paused. 

"Sean? What's wrong?" She asked. Sean's hand gripped hers tighter. She looked at him concerned seeing his water. 

"I hate it. I hate it so much." He said taking a shaky breath. 

"Sean. Hey, talk to me." She said. She gently cupped his face seeing his vulnerable side. 

"I'm supposed to have an offspring with you, and then use the child. I can't do that. I can't do that to you." He said. A few tears threatened to spill out of his eyes. Paityn froze paling remembering what Pearl said. She let go of his hand and wrapped her arms around him and he wrapped his back around her. "I'm not doing it. I can't. I can't." He said. 

"Sean. Breathe. It's okay." She said and she gently shushed him. "I'm here. I'm here." Paityn said quietly. 

~~~

Paityn spent that night in her room up almost all night contemplating what Sean said. The possible baby was part of a plan. Paityn had to call off work today. She had too. She couldn't do this. Paityn ran her hands through her hair. She took a shaky breath not able to focus. Just as she was about to call saying she can't go to work she saw Nick calling her. She answered. She tried to make her voice less nervous sounding.

"Hello? I mean...Dammit." Paityn said. 

"Are you alright?" Nick asked. She could hear he was still at the station. 

"Nick I can't come in today. I-I don't feel well and I can't think straight." Paityn said. 

"I'll tell the captain. What are your symptoms?" Nick asked. 

"Um...Dizziness, exhaustion, headache." Paityn said. 

"Just get better sis. I love you." Nick said. 

"I love you too," Paityn said and she hung up leaning back.

~~~

Nick walked into Sean's office. He knocked first of course. 

"Nick. What can I do for you?" Sean asked. 

"Paityn called. She said she can't make it today." Nick said. Sean paled quite visibly and Nick took note of that. 

"Did she say why?" He said. 

"Yeah, she was feeling sick. She said she was dizzy and exhausted and she had a headache." Nick said. Sean put his hands on his head.

"Did she say anything about nausea?" He asked. Nick looked at him confused. 

"No?" Nick said confused. Sean nodded. 

"Thank you." He said. Sean's hands were shaking as his heart was racing a million miles an hour. 

~~~

Paityn was still laying on her bed. She had her arms wrapped around her stomach curled in a ball. Pearl was with her this time pacing in front of her bed. 

"You're making me nervous," Paityn said. Pearl looked at Paityn.

"Sorry. I'm just trying to see what I can do to help." She said. Paityn sat up and Pearl sat down beside her. "Are you sure you want me to do this?" Pearl asked. Paityn nodded. 

"I need to know." She said. Pearl nodded and she gently put her hands on Paityn's stomach. She closed her eyes and Paityn could see her canine grow again and wings form. She could see the glow slightly and Pearl opened her eyes. Paityn watched waiting patiently. Paityn's heart was racing to the point it made her sick. Pearl woged back to human and looked at Paityn. The look gave it all away. Paityn was expecting. 

Paityn covered her face with her hands and started bawling. Pearl wrapped her arms around her gently. Paityn heard her phone ringing and she grabbed it looking at the caller. It was from Sean. 

"I have to take this," Paityn said. She answered by just saying, "Hello?"

"Tell me it's not true," Sean said. Paityn froze. How could he already know? 

"Wh-what do you mean?" She asked. 

"Paityn. Please. You can't be expecting." He said. Paityn ran her hands through her hair not knowing what to say. 

"Meet me tonight. My house." She said. "8 P.M." She said. 

"Paityn..." He started. He paused for a while. "I love you." He said. Paityn smiled sadly. 

"I love you too Sean." She said and she hung up. Pearl looked at her concerned. 

"How are you going to tell him?" She asked. 

"I'll just tell him," Paityn said. Pearl sighed and nodded. 

"I guess that'll work," Pearl sighed. 

~~~

It was 6:30. Paityn was sitting on her couch clutching a pillow. She heard knocking and checked her watch. It wasn't 7 so she didn't get up. 

"Paityn let me in. Please." She heard Sean say.

"It's unlocked," Paityn said. The door opened and Sean walked in going in front of her. Sean cupped her face gently and Paityn's lip quivered. She closed her eyes and Sean stood up and Paityn followed and she wrapped her arms around him. "Pearl saw it. She saw the baby." She whimpered. Sean's grip tightened and he held her close to him. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Sean said. Paityn clutched his jacket breaking down and Sean just held her the entire time. 

~~~

Paityn had somehow managed to fall asleep in Sean's arms and Sean refused to let her be alone right now. He laid her on the couch and went upstairs grabbing her phone and charger as well as a new set of clothes for her. He went back out and carefully managed to pick Paityn up. 

"I got you. I'm going to take care of you. I promise." He said and he carried her to his car gently buckling her in. He managed to drive them both to his place and carry her upstairs. He carefully kicked the door. "It's just me." He said. The door opened exposing his cleaning lady. 

"Ooh! Who is this?" She asked. Sean looked at Paityn and before he could say anything she smiled. "Girlfriend. Got it. Come in come in." She said and Sean came in bringing Paityn to his room gently laying her down on the bed. Sean walked out to take his shoes off and put them away. "How long have you two been together?" She asked. Sean looked at her. 

"A few months," Sean said. He hung up his jacket and looked back to the room.

"It's about time I see you bring a girl home. You only live once Sean." She said and started cleaning the kitchen as Sean went to his bedroom and climbing in next to Paityn wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close. 

"I'll protect you and the baby. I promise." Sean whispered and Paityn moved closer to him if possible. 

~~~

Paityn woke up the next morning and she sat up confused. She looked around and she stood up going to the door and opening it. She walked out seeing a girl cleaning and cooking. 

"Hello?" Paityn asked. The woman jumped. 

"Oh hello miss! I'm Sean's cleaning lady. He left you a note. Here." She said. She handed her the note and Paityn read it. It mainly just told her that he went to work and that she had some breakfast in the fridge. Paityn smiled a bit. "You are really pretty. Ooh! Excited!" She said. She ran to the fridge grabbing a plate that had scrambled eggs and buttered toast. Paityn took the plate and smiled. 

"Thank you. You didn't have too though." She said. 

"Yes, I did. Eat up." She said. Paityn chuckled managing to eat it all and get ready for work. The lady saw her outfit and badge. "You work with Sean? Is that legal?" She asked. 

"I don't believe so. But the office is keeping it on a down low. I would appreciate if you would too." Paityn gave her a small smile and she nodded. 

"Will do Miss. Have a nice day." She said and she smiled at Paityn as she walked out. She got out and Paityn sighed. She didn't have her car. Paityn began her walk home knowing she had to feed Lyra and then get her car. When she got there she walked in seeing Lyra hissing at the window that leads to her backyard. She got cat food out and set it down but Lyra wasn't having it. 

"Lyra." She clicked her tongue hoping to get her attention. "Lyra girl." Nothing worked. Paityn saw movement and quickly hid getting her gun. She pulled out her phone dialing Nick knowing Sean would panic. 

"Burkhardt." She heard him say. 

"Nick. I someone is at my house. I need you to get over here." She whispered. 

"Who? Can you see them?" Nick asked. 

"No. They're by my windows. Lyra is going berserk." Paityn said. 

"I'll be there. Hide. Don't do anything till I get there." Nick said hanging up and Paityn pulled her gun out, going to her bathroom and locking the door. Paityn waited a good 8 minutes until she heard Nick yell out and begin chasing someone. Paityn got out of the bathroom going to the window watching him chase him. Paityn sighed after she saw Nick returning shaking his head. Paityn cursed under her breathe. "He was wounded. But he still got away pretty fast." Nick said. 

Paityn nodded not knowing what to say. She went out with Nick and before Nick could say anything she hugged him tightly. Nick hugged her back confused but didn't mind. 

"Can you drive me to work?" She asked. Nick nodded. 

"Sure. Is everything okay?" Nick asked. Paityn nodded. 

"Yeah. Everything is fine." Paityn said smiling at him.

~~~

Nick and Paityn walked into the office and Hank saw her. 

"Hey! Back from the grave huh?" Hank asked making Paityn laugh a bit. 

"I'm back and kicking," Paityn said. Paityn glanced to Sean's office seeing him looking at her and she gave him a small smile and mouthed a thank you. Sean relaxed a bit and nodded. 

"Well, we just got a call. Don't bother sitting. We just got a hit on the Rolex watch." Hank said. 

"Where?" Nick asked. 

"Washington middle school," Hank said. 

"Excuse me?" Nick asked. 

"Principle just called," Hank said. Paityn sighed walking with Nick and Hank to go with them. 

~~~

"Ben. He's one of our seventh graders. Took it home and showed it to his mother. She asked him where he got it and he said he traded it for his mountain bike." The principal said as she placed the watch in front of them. "She was very upset, called the school, brought it down here, and as soon as I looked at it, I realized it was a very expensive watch. I wanted to make sure it wasn't stolen, so I called the police before I did anything and here you are." She said. Paityn looked at it and then handed it to Nick.

"Did Ben tell you where he happened to get the watch?" Paityn asked. 

"Another student. Sally Marcinko." She said pointing to the door. Paityn saw a girl with long red hair sitting on the bench panicking. They stood up going to the door. "Sally." She said and Sally stood up walking over to them.

"Hi. I'm Nick. Your name's Sally?" Nick asked. She was crying and Paityn almost wanted to hug her. 

"Look. You don't have to be scared. We just want to know where you got the watch." Paityn said. 

"I-I found it," Sally said. 

"Sally. You told Ben that you took it from your father." The principal said. Sally panicked crying. 

~~~

"You've got the list. We're looking for rings and jewelry." Hank said. Paityn looked at the mom and nudged Hank's arm motioning towards the mother. 

"Her hand." She said. Hank noticed and he then in turned bumped Nick. Paityn looked back and saw two teeth like things coming out of her mouth and her skin is purple and black. Paityn paled not having seen that before. They walked over to her to check out what happened to her hand.

"Excuse me," Hank said. "How'd you hurt your finger?" Hank asked. 

"It's not much of a story really." She said. 

"We'd still like to hear it," Paityn said. The mom looked around and then down at her hand. 

"I was making dinner while helping out with homework while yelling at some telemarketer never to call me again and I mistook my finger for a carrot." She said. 

"Can we see the cut?" Nick asked.

"You're not squeamish are you?"  She asked causing Hank and Nick to chuckle a bit. She took off the bandage around her finger exposing a cut on her finger. "Almost healed." She said. "Any other body parts you want to see?" She asked. 

"No. That'll be all," Paityn said leaving quickly.

~~~

Nick and Hank were interrogating the dad. Paityn was in the back with Sean. She was sitting down in the corner. Sean sighed seeing they weren't getting anywhere. He turned around seeing Paityn hunched over with her arms around her stomach and Sean went beside her rubbing her back gently. 

"You doing alright?" He asked. 

"My stomach is doing unhappy flips," Paityn said. Sean placed his hand gently on her stomach and Paityn took a deep breath. 

"Breathe. It'll be okay. I'm here for you." He said. Paityn looked up at him giving him a small smile and Sean gently kissed her head. 

"Thank you," Paityn whispered. Sean didn't have to respond. He gently let go of Paityn and walked back to the window to see how things were doing. Nick walked in and Paityn gave him a small smile. 

"Rolex gives you possession of the stolen property you can at least charge him with that," Sean said. "But as far as an accessory to murder goes, you got nothing." Sean finished. 

"His wife is involved. I know it." Nick said. Nick walked out motioning for Paityn to go and she stood up carefully. Sean looked at her concerned. 

"I'll be fine. I'll call you if I know anything." Paityn gave him a small smile and kissed him gently. Sean smiled a small bit into the kiss and Paityn left after letting go.

~~~

"I got nothing on this guy. He's stonewalling and he's good." Hank said. 

"We got it," Nick said. 

"What?" Hank asked. Nick looked at his folder.

"Something you're not gonna believe," Paityn smirked.

"Make me a believer," Hank said. 

"We got a hit on the wives prints taken from the house," Nick said.

"It's a match to the finger we found on the floor," Paityn said. Nick handed Hank the file.

"What? How's that happen? The wife had all her fingers." Hank said. 

"I have no clue," Paityn said. Nick raised his arms.

"I don't know. But look at it. It's an exact match. We found our killer." Nick said.

"Well, you get to explain this to the D.A." Hank said. 

"Nah she's gonna do her own explaining," Paityn said. 

"I'm gonna take a crack at the husband. Paityn, mind waiting out here for me?" Nick asked. Paityn nodded and leaned against the wall waiting for Nick as he went into the room.

~~~

"Portland P.D. we're coming in!" Hank yelled kicking the door open as the trio went inside. The swat team followed them in. Paityn had her gun raised and ready to go. "You guys go downstairs, we'll go up!" Hank yelled. Paityn Hank and Nick went upstairs to the bathroom seeing something on the ground. 

"Hank!" Nick yelled. Hank came in behind Paityn as Nick took his knife and lifted it up. Paityn winced looking at it. 

"Ouch," Paityn whispered.

"Please tell me that's not what I think it is," Hank said. Paityn sighed. 

"I'm pretty sure it's what you think it is," Paityn said. Suddenly another agent comes in.

"Detectives. Harbor patrol just found the wife's car at River Place Marina." He said. Paityn sighed. 

"Onwards we go." She said. 

~~~

Nick and Paityn were quietly moving up the stairs. She heard Hank grab the man.

"I'm a cop. Don't talk don't move just come with me." Hank said. Nick and Paityn made it up to the top. "I'm taking him off." He said. Paityn nodded and Hank walked off as Paityn and Nick went downstairs. They got down and it was empty besides a few glasses of champagne. Nick began to walk down to the second basement gun raised while Paityn stayed on her current floor. Eventually, Nick came back up. 

"She's up top." He said. Paityn cursed going back up the stairs gun still raised ready to go. Paityn began to walk down the stairs when she heard a scream from above her and she was tackled to the ground. She yelped as she was pinned down and she tried to lift her arms but her arms didn't move. Nick came over right as Lena shoved Paityn into the river and Paityn sunk a bit but after she regained herself after her shock, she began to swim up. As she began to swim up she realized she was stuck on something. She looked down seeing a plant wrapped around her leg. Paityn took out the knife she had and began cutting at it vigorously. 

She sawed at it and she realized she wasn't going to be able to hold her breath much longer. She tried to saw more at it and right as she took in a breath of water she cut it and she swam up as fast as she could surfacing and coughing heavily. 

"Paityn!" She heard someone yell. She kept coughing trying to breathe. The small waves kept hitting her face causing her to cough more. She heard someone jump in and someone's arms wrap around her. She looked over, seeing Hank bringing her to the dock with Nick waiting. Nick reached his hand out and Paityn grabbed it. Nick pulled her onshore and Paityn gasped a bit trying to breathe as Hank hoisted himself up. 

"Did, did you get her?" Paityn asked. 

"We did yeah," Nick said. Paityn nodded coughing a bit.

~~~

Paityn was dropped off at the station while Nick and Hank went to go get Sally. Paityn walked up the stairs with Nick's jacket wrapped around her tightly. Paityn leaned against the wall guaranteed to still have water in her lungs. 

"Paityn. Oh my god, what happened?" Sean asked running down. Paityn laughed a small bit but started coughing. Sean carefully brought her upstairs to his office and shut the door. 

"Lena, she knocked me into the river and I got stuck," Paityn said. Sean came over to her and he took the jacket off and replaced it with his. Paityn looked at Sean and Sean carefully rubbed her arms trying to create friction to warm her up.

"Paityn. Do you have a change of clothes?" He asked. She shook her head. "Paityn," Sean said concerned. He looked at the time. "I don't want you to freeze to death." He said. Paityn looked at him. 

"I'll be okay," Paityn said. Sean picked her up and Paityn yelped and tried not to snuggle into him for warmth. 

"Paityn. I want you to stay close to me. I don't care that I get soaked you need to stay warm." He said. Paityn didn't hesitate to get close to him and Sean wrapped his arms around her carefully. "I got you. I just want you to stay warm." He said. Paityn nodded staying close to him and not moving. All until he drove her to her place again to keep everything in check. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 140 20
Asher Sarge Rose is the twin brother of Ruby Rose, so follow this twin as he goes on crazy and wild adventures in Remnant. Follow Asher Rose and Team...
70K 897 78
PART 1. (Completed but being updated and rewritten.) Reed Rose was an unintended side effect of Summer's pregnancy. Too beaten and broken, both physi...
220 10 5
Introduction: What would happen to the story of Grimm if Nick had a little sister? She's a FBI Agent and her partner is a Wesen. She's not a rookie a...
64.1K 2.1K 63
You and your brother Nick are thrown into the world of the Grimms after the death of your aunt. Trying to navigate this new life, you find yourself m...