Never Give Up

By AlwaysDramione

[SECOND INSTALMENT] This story continues on from 'I'll Fight For You - Fremione'. Amelia George Weasley, the... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Sequel!

Chapter Seven

5K 171 68
By AlwaysDramione

‘Just... get off me!’ Hermione yelled, pushing Ron’s solid grip off her arm. He didn't listen to her at all and grabbed her arm a little tighter, pulling him behind her. Hermione felt anger rush up her body making her glow and feel really warm, ‘stop pulling me. RON!

‘Harry needs to leave right now for his honeymoon but he won’t leave without seeing you!’ yelled Ron and he suddenly turned around and backed Hermione against the wall. His blue eyes shone with anger and impatience as he grabbed her hand, ‘so shut up and follow me before Harry makes a scene.’

‘You don’t have to pull me. I’m capable of walking on my own, Ronald,’ Hermione muttered, her hands shaking as Ron let go of her. They stared at each other for a while. The questions burned in Ron’s eyes but he knew that Hermione didn't and wasn’t going to talk about Fred. She walked past him and went down the deserted staircase.

Hermione wiped her tears from under her eyes and quickly glanced into the mirror which hung in the kitchen. She looked absolutely awful and definitely as though she had been crying. Hermione extracted her wand from her purse, glad that she hadn’t forgot it. With a wave, the mascara under her eyes disappeared and her face wasn’t glowing with tears anymore. She breathed a couple of times as she left the kitchen and went to the tent which was swarming with people gathered around Ginny and Harry.

‘Hermione! There you are!’ Harry exclaimed, relieved that he had found her. The worry drained off his face and he pulled her in for a hug that Hermione gladly returned although she felt as though she could just stand there, hugging Harry, and start to cry all over again. She breathed deeply and managed a strangled smile as he pulled back. His hands went to her face and he stared into her eyes before whispering, ‘are you okay?’

‘I’m happy... for you, Harry. Just enjoy your honeymoon and do not worry about a thing,’ Hermione lied, hoping she had convinced him. Harry smiled and then turned to look at Ginny who was saying goodbye to her parents. They were crying and holding onto her and Hermione felt her heart deflate when she thought of her own parents... they would never hold onto her like that... Harry turned back to her, ‘Ron’s throwing a party for everyone later at his house but you look tired. You can go to my apartment and sleep there since we’re leaving right now. Just apparate in, help yourself to the food and shower and anything you want, understand?’

‘Thank you, Harry. You really are a great friend,’ Hermione said, pulling him in for a last hug. He was pulled from behind and Hermione let him go so that Ron could hug him. Hermione noticed Ginny and went up to her. Ginny turned as she neared, ‘have fun, Ginny. You are so perfect for him. I’m glad he’s with someone who makes him happy. He really loves you.’

‘I know how much he loves me, Hermione,’ Ginny said and her hand went to the small bump in her own stomach. Then she looked up to Hermione and scrutinised her before saying, ‘you should figure out who makes you happy.’

‘It... it’s not that easy,’ Hermione whispered uncomfortably. The brown eyes never left her and she didn't smile at all.

‘It seems very easy for Fred. He’d give his life for you and he loves you so much that he thinks he’s not good enough for you,’ Ginny shook her head with disgust and took a step closer to Hermione before whispering, ‘and you know, he is perfect for you. Anyone would be lucky to have him in their life, Hermione. He might kiss other girls but he doesn’t love them!’

Hermione chuckled and was aware that everyone was waiting for them to finish. They weren’t listening to their conversation though. They were trying to comfort a crying Mrs Weasley and a pale Mr Weasley. Hermione turned behind her to see Harry looking at them with narrowed eyes. She flashed him a smile and turned to Ginny, pulling her in for a hug.

‘Have fun, Ginny,’ Hermione whispered and found that she did feel very happy for Ginny. She was so lucky to have someone like Harry, to have her husband with her, to be pregnant and to have a loving family. Hermione didn't have that. She was just pregnant and had to do everything alone.

Harry and Ginny said a final goodbye and they both grabbed each others hands, smiling as though they had never been unhappy. Hermione felt tears pour from her eyes as they disapparated with a crack. Everyone bustled about, trying to get ready to go home and Hermione turned to go back into the house, since it was getting cold.

‘You are coming to the party, aren’t you?’ Ron caught up with her as she went into the kitchen. Hermione ignored him and grabbed a glass of water, draining it in one go. Ron grabbed her hand and looked at her, apologising, ‘I’m sorry. I was really stressed because Harry looked like he was about to rip my head off if I didn't find you. I never meant to be so... demanding. I’m sorry, Hermione. Just come to the party and we can have a good time and dance and everything.’

‘Dance? Dance!’ Hermione turned to him and shook her head although a smile played on the edges of her lips. Ron smirked as she turned towards him, ‘I can barely walk with this child inside me!’

‘Do you want me to take you to Harry’s?’ asked Ron, his hands brushed through her hair and Hermione felt a need to pull away from him but she didn't. She let him stroke her hair and his hand tickled her neck.

‘I’m sure I can apparate on my own, Ronald,’ Hermione sighed and then she did move away. She tried not to make it obvious that she didn't want his hands on her so she pretended to clean the glass and put it away, ‘I’ll see you in the morning then.’

‘Sure,’ Ron sighed and then left the room. Hermione leaned over the sink, feeling her baby kick her slightly. She held a hand under her stomach and that helped to console it.

‘You look stunning,’ a voice whispered behind her and it sounded as though she was being blamed for dressing up.

Hermione turned around with her hand still under her stomach, supporting it while the baby kicked her as though feeling that its father was near to it. She saw Fred immediately and was shocked to see the bags under his eyes. Hermione recognised the bags because he usually got them when he had been drinking. Fred walked over to her and Hermione flinched away from him. Hurt deepened in his eyes as she looked terrified as his hand went to her stomach.

‘I’m not going to hurt you,’ he whispered and his eyes found hers. His hands rubbed circles around her stomach. Hermione believed that he wasn’t going to hurt her but she didn't want him near her. She didn't even try to move away though as Fred spoke, ‘when are you due?’

‘The thirteenth of February,’ Hermione whispered back.

‘Fred! We’re leaving, mate! Here!’ Fred was pulled away from Hermione and handed a bottle of firewhiskey. The boy, who was no older than sixteen was pulling him towards the entrance but more Weasley cousins came into the kitchen, looking for Fred, ‘let’s get going!’

‘I think I’ll sit this one out,’ Fred sighed, looking over his shoulder at Hermione, ‘I’m going to take her home.’

‘Oh, come on! There will so many other girls there!’ Robert, the cousin, whispered but Hermione still heard him. Fred rolled his eyes and now his other cousins were gathering around them, looking over their shoulders. They were probably watching out for their parents or Mrs Weasley, ‘Melissa was looking for you. She’s quite drunk though.’

‘Fred, you don’t have to walk me home,’ Hermione spoke up, silencing the other boys, and she grabbed her purse from beside her. His cousins were nudging each other and pointing at her stomach, thinking that she didn't notice. She glared at them and then walked past, supporting her stomach with pride, ‘have fun.’

Hermione left the room and Fred desperately tried to go after her but was stopped by two hands. He turned around to face his cousins that were trying to stop him from going after her. One of them was Robert who was frowning since he obviously recognised Hermione from the ceremony. Fred’s cousins were all quite drunk, he noticed with the pain in his chest magnifying. He had to go to Hermione... he just had to!

‘Just let her go,’ Robert sighed, shaking his head at him. Fred read the expression in his eyes, the one that said Hermione didn't belong to him. That might be true but she had Fred’s heart since it seemed like Fred was not living when he wasn’t with Hermione. He needed her. She needed him. Everything was just so complicated.

‘I... I can’t,’ Fred sighed back, shaking his own head. That was just it. That was what everything came down to. He couldn’t let her walk away like that. He was sick of staring at her back as she walked out of his life. He couldn't stand it, ‘I just can’t.’

Fred handed Robert the bottle of firewhiskey even though he really could use a drink. He knew that Hermione hated it when he drank though. Fred walked out of the kitchen and into the hall, looking around about him. People were disapparating everywhere with bottles of alcohol in their hands but Fred ignored them. He had to find Hermione before she left. He walked out of the house and saw that the tent still glowed a bright blue and red colour. Fred’s heart beat picked up as he noticed the brown curls and the red dress. He watched her as she was digging for something in her purse. He started to jog towards her but someone caught his arm, twisting him around. It was his mother.

‘There’s no firewhiskey left,’ Mrs Weasley said, grabbing her son’s arm sternly. Fred rolled his eyes. She worried about him drinking a lot more than before... but that was probably because he cut himself a few months ago. Fred hated to even think of that time since memories of the hospital and burning wrists flashed back to him, ‘don’t even think about-’

‘I’m not going to drink, Mum!’ shouted Fred and Mrs Weasley glared at him. He knew that shouting at Mrs Weasley was a really bad idea unless you wanted to die but Fred looked towards the tent and saw Hermione still looking for something in her bag, ‘I have to... catch up with her!’

Fred felt Mrs Weasley’s grip loosen on him but she looked a little confused as to who her son so desperately had to catch up to. She didn't even have time to ask before Fred started to jog up to the tent. Fred called out Hermione’s name and she turned, a little startled. Fred looked behind him, catching his breath, as he stopped in front of Hermione. Mrs Weasley was staring at the two of them and he saw a look flash across her face but he ignored it and turned to Hermione.

‘What are you...’ Hermione noticed Mrs Weasley too and her frown deepened a little more, ‘you don’t have to take me home.’

‘I want to take you home, M – um, sorry – Hermione,’ Fred said a little awkwardly and Hermione’s breath hitched and she felt a little kick in her stomach. Fred glanced behind him to see Mrs Weasley going inside the Burrow and he turned to Hermione and tried to diffuse the tension, ‘I don’t really want to go in. My mother will probably have me scraping dirty dishes until she’s absolutely sure I’m sober.’

‘You can go to the party, Fred. I’m just going to Harry’s to eat and then go to bed. I’m really tired,’ Hermione sighed and then looked down at her stomach, ‘he doesn’t stop kicking tonight!’

‘He? You know the sex of the baby?’ asked Fred and Hermione shook her head.

‘No, I want it to be a surprise but I guess I always refer to my baby as he. I want it to be a boy,’ Hermione explained as best as she could. Fred nodded and his smile dropped from his face. They stared at each other awkwardly until Hermione said, ‘I should be going now.’

‘I’ll drop you home,’ Fred muttered and he held out his hand, offering to disapparate with her. Hermione’s eyes dropped to his hand and a calculating look focused onto her face before she took it. Fred felt the warmth immediately and a second later they were landing in Harry’s living room, ‘do you have any clothes to change into?’

‘I don’t...’ Hermione muttered, trying to think, ‘I’ll just use something of Harry’s. I’m sure he won’t mind. I... I’ll change once you leave.’

‘Would you like something to eat? Should I make you something?’ asked Fred, following Hermione into the kitchen. She shook her head and grabbed an apple, biting into it. Hermione turned to him and waited for him to speak, ‘can we talk about... about what happened between us?’

‘Fred, I’m really tired,’ Hermione whispered, walking past him into the living room. Fred gathered up his courage, feeling his palms start to sweat and he followed her. She sat on the sofa, groaning and clutching her stomach as she did so. Fred immediately went forwards and helped before sitting next to her, ‘you really don’t have to stay here. I’m going to get changed and go to sleep.’

‘You still love me,’ Fred stated bluntly, scratching the back of his neck. Hermione stared at him, feeling her cheeks burn. She tried to stand up but didn't think she could. She sat back, clutching her stomach and sighed, ‘I’m sorry, Hermione, for everything I’ve done. Making you pregnant was bad but going after my brother’s girlfriend was so much worse. I tore you from him but I never meant to start a rivalry. I just... I thought you were the one for me and... I still think that-’

‘Fred, please don’t,’ muttered Hermione but he grabbed her hand and sat closer to her. Hermione swallowed a lump in her throat and removed her hands from Fred’s but she listened to him even though she realised that they were either going to make up tonight or hate each other.

‘Hermione, I... want you to stay with me until the baby is born. I want to be able to help you and help the baby. I have money and I can give you half. I can work longer and more days-’

‘You live with your parents, Fred. I’m not wanted there, I know that. I wasn’t even going to come to the wedding tonight but Harry convinced me. I was only there for Harry,’ Hermione sighed and watched as Fred stood up. He faced the window outside but Hermione felt a need to go on, ‘I appreciate what you are trying to do. I like that you want to take responsibility but we need to be real, Fred. We can’t get back together.’

‘I’m not asking for us to be like we were before, Hermione. I can buy a cheap apartment and we can live there. We don’t have to be a couple just so I can help you with the baby,’ Fred muttered and turned to face her. Hermione shook her head slowly and he sighed, ‘Hermione, if you love me or don’t love me, I have no idea which, it doesn’t even matter. That baby is as much mine as it is yours. I’m already working on getting an apartment since that git took everything away from us.’

 ‘I must tell you what happened between Malfoy and-’ Hermione stood up with some difficulty but Fred raised a hand to stop her from talking.

‘Malfoy is one of the reasons why I don’t think we’ll work out. I don’t want to know why you did what you did, Hermione. It’s over. We’re over as a couple. You don’t have to explain to me. I’m not your husband,’ Fred glowered at the ground and shoved his hands deep into his pockets, ‘I was never a good boyfriend. Sometimes I wonder why you stayed with me so long and then I remembered that it’s only because you were pregnant.’

‘That’s not true,’ muttered Hermione and she sighed, ‘I still need to explain myself to you about Malfoy even if you don’t want to hear it. I only kissed him and cheated on you because he threatened me that he would ruin your business if I didn’t kiss him. I had to do it, Fred. I did it for you.’

‘Hermione, you didn't tell me that!’ Fred looked at her incredibly, ‘he kissed you and touched you and you... you didn't even tell me? If you did all that to save my business then you did a rotten job of it. Why did you keep all of the letters he sent you? I read everyone of them and he was replying back to things you had sent him.’

Hermione seemed to have no answer to that question. Why did she not throw away the letters? Why didn't she just ignore him? Hermione didn't know but deep down she did, she just didn't want to admit it. She liked Malfoy. The ecstasy of sneaking around and kissing another man seemed so rebellious to her, it was a thrill for her even though she knew positively well that she was doing wrong.

‘You can’t answer that, can you? I just wished I had stopped doing business with Malfoy and we would have been together and...’ Fred watched as Hermione walked towards him. She stopped in front of him and Fred stared into her eyes. He wished more than anything to scoop her up and kiss her right there and then but he refrained and said, ‘you need to move on, Hermione. Find other men that you can be with... I’m not good for you.’

‘You need to give yourself more credit. You’ve taken care of me, Fred. You gave me a home and filled the emptiness in my heart. We broke up because of Malfoy but can’t we just push him out of the picture and be together?’ asked Hermione and her hand went to his face. She smoothed his skin there, leaving a trail of hotness behind. Fred felt a warmth begin from his lower body straight up to his red hair as she touched him, ‘I’m sorry for slapping you that day, Fred.’

‘I’m sorry for letting you walk away from my life. If only I had stopped you...’ Fred sighed and Hermione’s hand went to the back of his neck and started to play with his hair, ‘if only I had...’

‘I meant what I said. I love you, Fred, I always have and I always will,’ Hermione sighed and leaned into him, ‘I wish you felt the same way.’

‘Loving me is dangerous. Everyone is against us when we are together. Are you sure you are ready for that?’ Fred whispered, taking her face in his hands. The brown eyes showed him his answer before she even opened her mouth.

‘I like a little danger in love,’ Hermione chuckled.

‘Maybe we should start slow... you know, start as friends first?’ asked Fred although his eyes had went down to her lips and he just wanted to kiss her.

‘I think-’

But Fred didn't wait to hear what she had to say. He grabbed Hermione, spun her around and her back leaned against the wall. Fred looked hungrily into her eyes before claiming her lips for his own. He felt the warmth in his body increase in temperature and Hermione’s hand seemed to make the temperature higher. She had entangled her hands into his hair and one on his neck, pushing his lips forward. Fred had his hands secured around her cheeks and pressed his body against hers. His stomach was pressed onto hers and he jumped back as he felt a little kick from Hermione’s stomach.

Hermione looked at him and a genuine chuckle left her lips. Fred breathed deeply and looked at Hermione’s huge stomach and then into her eyes.

‘I think he wants to know if daddy will hurt mummy again,’ Hermione said, meaning her baby. The chuckle died on her lips as Fred’s breathing went back to normal. He looked at her and his expression said it all, he would never hurt her.

‘Never, Hermione,’ Fred whispered and then leaned forwards again to kiss her softly and then he pulled back, ‘oh and it won’t be a boy. We are going to have a lovely baby girl with brown curls and brown eyes.’

Hermione chuckled but soon she was muffled as Fred claimed her again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 433 20
AU/OOC: Its been 6 years since the 2nd Wizard War and Ginny Weasley is still fighting what seems to be a losing battle. Will her salvation come from...
10.4K 340 22
She's the one no one knew. Amelia Weasley. It's what's she's considered it's what her personality is. I'n her heart she feels she's a Weasley. Bu...
8.9K 196 15
a love story that start with a though.... Draco Malfoy fell for Ginny Weasley?what will happen?what if Lucius learn about it? all this in "Behind blu...
211K 4.6K 39
Hermione Jean Granger is 1/3 of the Golden Trio. Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley were her best friends ever since Day 1 of Hogwarts. Whilst fighti...