Marble || Edogawa Ranpo

Por marster_

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʜᴀs ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴡᴇʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ɪs ᴊᴜsᴛ... Más

Case 1
Case 2
Case 3
Case 4
Case 5
Case 6
Case 7
Case 8
Case 9
Case 11
Case 12
Case 13
Case 14
Case 15
Case 16
Case 17
Case 18
Case 19
Case 20
Case 21
Case 22
Case 23
Case 24
- Discontinued Notice -

Case 10

8.1K 367 629
Por marster_

"Human is sinfully foolish,"

Standing on the rooftop building by the edge, the thin man swept his gazes throughout Yokohama, the view spread across as far as his eyes can see until the end line of the horizon. The soft breeze ghostly plant their kiss over his pale complexion, as if welcoming his presence and wanted to envelop him in a tender embraced, like that of mothers to welcome him back from his endless pilgrimage. Yet there is no place that he feels welcome- not here, not there, not anywhere.

He has lost his place and the right for it. No, maybe he has long since discard what left of his attachment towards this world. He has transcended even beyond this realm, none that stand as equal as he is.

His eyes were vacant as he keeps observing.

For him, this very city crawled with rats throughout the sewer, a labyrinth haven for the miscreants no matter where they are. They skulk at every dark corner, hiding from the light of day and live within the shade of darkness. But here he is, standing openly in all his might contrary to his nature. He evinced no emotions and unconcerned of danger that awaits him. Oh, if there's anyone who dares to approach this man then they would be a fool, for he is the devil that cloaked like a messenger from God himself-- or better yet, he believed that he is the one and real God.

"But that's what makes them all the more disgustingly beautiful." He continues to whisper as he observed those beneath him on the ground. His dark violet optical reflects the scenery before him. Man, woman and child alike crawling in the mud like a worm they were. They were no different from an insect, such insignificant was the value of their lives. He holds no empathy for this morbid reality, yet, briefly, in that instant there's a trace of sadness lingers, as if he was mourning and lament on how this world has come to be-

"I will judge all those who stain this world and bring salvation," Within his eyes, all he sees was streets filled with ignoramus and mindless civilians who had no qualms about atrocities they have committed, about the deeds they have done in the span of humankind history. They continue on living as peacefully without worries, without any sign of repenting, without learning from their ancestor's mistakes and atone for their sins.

Even for the simplest and obvious reason, human still strives to kill each other to satiate their carnal desires. Be it for power or to demonstrate who's stronger and the righteous one, they won't hesitate to strike down their own brethren. He has seen many despair and causality with his own eyes, a corrosive country ruled with politics and corruptions, unjustly law that discriminates many, many innocents one and took their ability and authority for granted and abused them as they pleased.

Even this land is no different... as the air has the same rotten repugnant stench.

"Only then, there will be absolution to free those who were shackles within their own indulgence of a foolish dream and false creed." His lips curl with a small sardonic leer, he continues on his little prattle, "For there is only one Crime and Punishment befit to be their scales of judgment, to be the judge for their own grave sins."

Letting out a small chuckle, his eyes flash with a profound abhorrent, one that he has harbored for so long that it's already engraved and take root down to his core.

The wars that never ceases, the conflicts that never ends, the destructions that never stops. Why is there no one take the initiative to stop this endless cycle of madness? If there is none, then-

"I shall be the judge in this land of sinners. I will bring those ability users down and create a better world without them-- to create a new paradise."

Even if it means... giving his own life for his sublime goal to make it a reality. A reality that he envisioned to be perfect and faultless, then he would gladly.

"Now... let us begin."

The curtain had just raised.

*

Three days later...

Standing in front of the mahogany door, you read the bronze plate with Armed Detective Agency letters engraved on its multiple times. You contemplated with your own conscience and debate inside a self-imagining courtroom, this is the second time you are here, so why are you being shy and meekly like this? It's not that you were nervous or anything, this so unlike you. Usually, you will not hesitate and stride with head held high.

Yes, at least, you have self-respect. If by any chance you had gone astray, maybe you will be by the end of the world and become the most famous criminal. But your conscience forbids you to do that no matter how tempting it sounds. Reading minds, detect deception from someone- imagine how rich can you be racking all the money in the casinos? You can be a billionaire with little no effort, spending days lazing around, swim inside a pool of million cash, sipping the most expensive champagne with glass made of gold that adorned with diamonds and just orders what you wish from a faithful servant at the beck of your call.

You can even become a modern age Lupin had your desire to become a thief. No amount of traps that they lay will stop you from stealing the most precious treasure, no matter how tight the security was, you can find your way and slip through them before they can even grasp a strand of your hair. You can be invincible and elusive, tricking their minds amidst their confusion, then before anyone realizes, the treasure already disappears.

Don't forget that you can also be a manipulator bitch if you so desire to manipulate to those around you like a puppet. Yet here you are, standing as a prosecutor in front of the detective agency's office as your fate should be.

You can hear a muffled conversation from behind the closed door, and one of the familiar voices bound to belongs to Ranpo... just thinking about him make you feel weird. Not that sort of weird, but weird, weird. This tingly feeling rumbling, thump, thump, thump inside your heart, as if telling you something as it beat louder.

Could it be...?

"If you have time to be standing here, why don't you spare it to enter?"

You were startled with the sudden greeting and abruptly look at the owner. Perhaps, being too preoccupied you didn't notice he is already standing behind you. How? No matter how absentminded you are, you heard no footsteps coming, and his presence didn't emit anything for you to be alert either.

With that level of stealthy, he's just like... an assassin.

"M-my bad! I didn't mean to..." You quickly dip your head in front of him out of fear and your heartbeat starts to escalate. This person, isn't he the one that you saw back then? You had never met someone who has an intimidating countenance as he is. Your first impression of him wasn't wrong. He's kind of scary, and to meet him out of all people here first, talk about sheer bad luck.

"Don't mind me." He merely dismisses it, his tone was calm and stern. "You are here for the agency, then why don't you enter?" He queried. Up close, you can feel how overwhelming his ambiance is and for a short time, you forget how to breathe.

He's the President of Armed Detective Agency.

"I'm just nervous sir!" You stated and gulped. Under his steel gaze, you felt like you were shrinking smaller and smaller like a small kitten being terrified. Ironically, you have faced trials and talk with many convicted criminals, handle glaring threats and stand tall before the pressure of defense attorney, but never once did you falter like this. He makes you want to cry to your mother's grave. You don't even have the guts to pry into his mind and avert your eyes to the floor, fiddling with your thumbs like a child waiting to be scolds.

He simply nods and pushes the door to open, "At ease, we are of Armed Detective Agency would be pleased to welcome you."

As he did that, every single noise in the room abruptly died down with his entrance.

"Now come," He commanded shortly, and you brave yourself to enter the premise right after him.

"Y-yes, sir!" You automatically answer in obligation.

Inside, their curious attention landed on you as though they see someone foreign. It's not that they haven't met you before, right? But this feels sort of different.

"Excuse me, sir... thank you for considering the proposal of a joint investigation. I will do my best!" You expressed your gratitude toward the said leader of this agency.

Initially, to form a joint investigation team (JIT) with another detective agency is not so easy with your current position. Since it must consist of law enforcement officers, prosecutors, judges, and other relevant personnel. But having consulting with Dazai in the past days after you proposed to him (not the romantic proposal), he unexpectedly said it is already in progress the moment he heard about your existence from Atsushi.

Talk about a scary preparation beforehand. Nevertheless, the JIT is led by a member of the country in which the JIT is based. And it is the law of that country that governs the JIT's activities. So, since Armed Detective Agency is an organization with abilities users and also operate under the same government such as Japanese Ministry, the progress currently went smoothly to form the team. With the agreement from the renowned president, even the judges and the military police immediately agree.

Although you are not joining the agency directly, you will be working with them occasionally from now on as a third party.

"Not a problem. The agency looks forward on working with you." He replied.

The President wordlessly enters his room then closes his door. It seems that he is not a man of words, how taciturn. But he does not appear like a bad man... it just that his impression is very daunting. Even his employees immediately stood up rigidly the moment he enters the room and greet him in deep respect. That shows the authority that he holds in this agency as their leader.

"I was starting to question when you will enter," Ranpo was the one to break the invincible silence from his place. On top of his desk is scattered with many different assorts of snacks and candies wrapper, there are also many confectionaries with all sorts of types and flavors. Safe to guess that he has a sweet tooth. But this many for his diminutive figure, you can't say how healthy his diet was.

'Need my help again?'

At your hand was a brown confidential enveloped of a new case, the one that you received from Minoura. Since you have proposed the joint investigation with Armed Detective Agency, you managed to receive permission to handle this one so easily. It seems that the agency really holds a great influence in Yokohama.

"Yes, a case of serial disappearing of woman."

"Homicide case?"

"Not quite right but close."

Ranpo proceed on eating another bag of chips, "Sounds boring,"

'If it wasn't a homicide case... then boring,'

Wait till he listens to your summary; you were sure he will be intrigued as you are too.

"There's already 12 women who have gone missing in the span of two years, but they all left a note saying they want to run and eloped with the man they love. Then they are untraceable, even their family couldn't find them and all more reason the police disregard this case because there was no corpse to be found and think the missing woman maybe has gone oversea. But there is no record of any of them leaving the country, so the police thought they were smuggled by a cargo ship."

Human trafficking is not so uncommon in the port city after all. If that is the case, then you are hopeless to solve this one. But that is not the reason.

You stated and place the document at the small empty space on his desk.

"Ommmm? Ommmmmmm ommmmmm?"

'Heeeeh. Now, what give you the reason to pick on this case?'

He evinced a little interest to know.

"They all have a different setting of background... Almost all of them were young, ranging from high school and college students."

"Uhmmm hmmmmmm?" Ranpo is raising the plastic bag and turn it upside down, he wanted to eat even the last crumbles of his chips. His mind is all about his precious snack... can't really be surprised here.

"One thing peculiar strike me in this case, Ranpo-san."

"Hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm?"

'What do you mean?'

"The only common thing that they shared is that they are all leaving a letter. I have read it and it certainly composed of delicate prose and well-composed literature."

"Hmmm... hmmmmm?"

'Is that so? Then what is the peculiar thing?'

You bring out the picture of the letter and display it to him, "All the letter is talking about that they want to run away with the man they love with their own volition. But as I read it, it wasn't the case. They do have the intention of running away, but not from this place... but it is to run away from this world."

There are different photographs of letters and the profile of missing victims, old and new. Young girls around your age. Their eyes shared the same trait, they look so gullible and naïve.

"Ranpo-san, I believe all the missing woman here has actually... die."

Only now did he stop from eating and give you his full attention.

"What makes you say that?"

If he just uses his Super Deduction, he could just find the answer why right away.

Nevertheless, you continue pressing the matter at hand.

"All the letters have one connection; it is all written differently, but with the same person in mind from the girls and the message they leave behind. It wasn't a coincidence."

All you can say, that is the only clue that lead you to this conjecture.

"Hooo. Now this is getting interesting," He stated and opened his eyelids. Ranpo began to inspect the document with new interest. Heh, you knew that he will get intrigued as you are.

"Before that, (Name)-chan. Don't you think you are forgetting something?"

Ranpo speak and began to read the document with his spectacles.

Forget something? What did you forget? You twirl your body and swept your gaze around the room to search for the answer, and it seems that all the gazes in the room were landed on you as if they were waiting for you to speak something.

Oh, oh, oh, right! How forgetful can you be?!

"Ah, where's my manner? Please forgive me. I'm (Full Name). Please to meet you." You introduced yourself to them officially. You have met with Ranpo, Atsushi, Kyouka, and Dazai before, but you haven't introduced yourself properly to the rest of them yet.

"I'm Kunikida Doppo, please to meet you, (Name)-san." The blond man with the spectacle introduced himself politely. He was the one that shout inside the courtroom the other day.

"I'm Miyazawa Kenji, nice to meet you!" A cheerful youth with a straw hat greets, he looks so young to be working here already. You wonder how old is this boy? His freckles make him look so cute. Wait... you are not into a shota boy!

"Uhm... I'm Tanizaki Junichiro, and this is Naomi, my sister." The ginger lad introduced you to a black-haired girl, she wore a sailor uniform... is she a high student working in a detective agency?

"Nii-samaaaaa!" The girl suddenly enveloped his brother in her tight bone-crushing embrace. Embarrassingly, you see that she squeezes her bossom behind his head and almost suffocating him. They are... brother and sister? They don't look alike and shared any distinguishing features. To say they are lying is not the case either.

"I'm Naomi, nice to meet you, (Name)-san!"

'Don't look at Nii-sama too much, I won't let him escape from me! Ah, I just know what to do tonight with him if he ever thinking about another girl other than me. Even if it a new girl, I won't forgive him if he ever, ever, ever gets distracted. Just you wait, Nii-sama! Ah, tonight we shall share our love again <3'

"Er... Likewise... I'll be in your care." You said nervously and avert your eyes to somewhere. You will end up getting flustered if you continue to watch them any longer and read her inner thought. It insinuates something that a sibling shouldn't think. But hey, who are you to judge? They are many people out there... and they are one of the kinds.

"We have met before (Name)-san, I'm Nakajima Atsushi," Atsushi reintroduced himself again. Sitting in front of him was the girl who dons kimono from before too.

"I'm Kyouka Izumi. "

"And I'm Dazai Osamu~"

"I already know you."

You said curtly to him and observes the agency members. They are all seems like a bunch of colorful characters, nice and genuine type of person. But somehow, Dazai still shrouds in mysteries since you can't read his mind if he was lying or not. Moving on, you will be working with them, so you need to treat them accordingly.

"Please to be working with you from now on!" You formally give curtsy to them.

"Don't need to be so formal, we all welcome you here, you know," Dazai said the same thing as the President said earlier.

Well, it is not a simple formality... it just how you often conduct yourself as a prosecutor. Well, first you blamed Miles Edgeworth for your habit on curtsy like him. Ah, but he is just a fictional character. That is unfortunate.

"Heh. I know where the perpetrator is." Ranpo stated, placing down the document and he grabs another bag of chips to fill his stomach, only to find it is already empty. "Ah, I'm running out of my snacks."

"Really?" You perk up. That was fast.

"A case of disappearing woman? How interesting, they all look like a girl who I can appeal to commit suicides with." Suddenly, Dazai already sneaks up and begins to read the document.

He is mentioning commit suicide again...

But Dazai might not be wrong since they sort of look easy to persuade, given smooth-talking and sweet baits. A young woman is prone to be easily manipulated after all. All the more if they are in the state of needing attention.

"But this man might be very elusive, if we send police he will start to vanish and then fled to another country if he knows our move." Ranpo comments, "By the way, Kunikida, my snacks have run out."

"Ah, I will run to the convenience store later, Ranpo-san." Kunikida immediately replied in the background. They seem to be busy.

Well, ain't he spoilt by his co-worker?

"Then how are we supposed to catch the culprit?" You inquired.

Ranpo points his finger at you.

"You will do."

"Me?"

"Well, you do sort of share the same depress look like them." He indicated at the victims, "It will be easier if you go undercover and trick this man from his hiding spot, then do whatever you can to catch him. Isn't that your job?"

'This sort of thing is not my concern. But I have uncovered the possibilities of the crime method.'

What a rude and half-baked instruction. Ah, how can you forget he thinks that you look like a walking zombie the first time you two meet? Moving on, what he thought does rouse your interest.

"What do you mean the possibilities of his crime method?"

"Hey, don't read what I was thinking." He remarks.

"Then don't tell me lie."

"Ohhhh! (Name)-san can read people's minds?" Suddenly the boy from earlier intercepts your conversation. "City people are really amazing! Can you read an animal's mind too? Like a cow? A Bird? A horse?"

"Reading... animal's mind?" You sweatdropped.

How can you read their mind if they don't have one? Well, you want to answer that to him but with his excited gleams of his eyes like an innocent child, you couldn't bring yourself to say that to shatter his dream. He stares at you with expectancy. Now, you feel guilty if you tell you can't, but lying is no good either. Ah, but there's one excuse you can make.

"Well... animal don't tell lie, so I am not able to read their mind."

"Oh... is that so." He somewhat sounds dishearten at first, "Now that you say something like that, animal is just an honest creature aren't they!" But he appears positive and smiles brilliantly a second later.

H-how cute!

"Does it mean that you can read Ranpo-san's mind because he is lying?" Kenji asks bluntly.

"Who do you call a liar!" Ranpo yelled from his desk. "Great detective doesn't tell lie!"

"Haha, I don't mean it that way. It just that, if someone talks with me and they is not honest with what they have in mind, then they are hiding something from me. My ability is able to detect deception. Well, an exception to Dazai since he can nullify my ability." You explain the basics to him.

"Since Ranpo-san words do not match on what he was thinking, that is why I was able to read it."

A lonesome world where you were surrounded with liars in the color of black and white.

Everyone is not as honest as they think they are.

That is just how it is.

"Really? Isn't that an amazing thing, (Name)-san?" Kenji chirps.

"Amazing? You don't think I'm creepy?"

"Creepy? Why so?" He blinks multiple times. Kenji has long eyelashes that could make you envy, "To be able to tell someone's true feeling, isn't it amazing? If they were sad you can tell them right away and cheer them up. If they were angry, you know how to calm them down. If they were happy you can share the same feeling as them. I think it's kind of thing that makes you able to connect with people around you so easily. I mean, in my village, I know each of the villagers and remember their names and faces. But sometimes I can't tell if my mother is sad or my father is angry, because they always keep on smiling or act like it is nothing when in fact they were hurt inside. It's wonderful... you can help to cheer them up in many ways."

Ability... to cheers someone up? You have not thought of something like that since your ability always makes you feel more isolate and estranged from the world. Condemning them as a liar instead of trying to understand them... it was a simple idea and really childlike one at that. Yet why does it stir in your heart so much? But to connect with someone actually is not as easy as he thinks. However, his eloquence speech does move your heart to open your eyes, there's still someone out there who is just like him.

"Kenji-kun..." You place your hand on his shoulder and then stare at him firmly, "Are you sure you are not an angel?"

"Angel? Heee. That is the first someone have compliments me like that. Thank you, (Name)-nee!"

Ack!

N... nee... nee...

He calls you...

(Name)-nee!

Your heart throbs!

Maybe he did fall from the heaven after all! To think that he was able to smile so innocent and sweet! This is the first that someone has talked with you with such pure and genuine intention. He doesn't even have any shred of shady thought, instead, he radiates positiveness like a sun that can cast away your doubt during raining and stormy days. Ah, what an angelic pure boy he is... if it wasn't a crime on abducting someone, maybe you will adopt him up as your little brother. Wait, wait, you are not a shota-con, okay! And that is clearly a crime!

Control yourself!

"M-moving on, Ranpo-san!" You correct your posture, "Where do we find the culprit?"

Ranpo plops a lollipop inside his mouth, savoring the sweet sticky taste and then he twirls it around for some time, moisten his dry lips with it like a balm before he speaks again.

"In Shinjuku."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

966 4 6
This Contains: T𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜 W𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 S*𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐒𝐦𝐮𝐭 𝐒€𝐱 𝐅𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟 𝐄𝐭𝐜 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮...
13.1K 348 8
【"𝘗𝘭𝘶𝘴. 𝘐𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘦, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦, 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘊𝘩𝘶𝘶�...
958K 20.4K 29
// A collection of Bungou Stray Dogs oneshots; x readers_ || All requests closed ---------------------- • All one-shots are written by me, but I...
24.5K 1K 9
❝ It seems very pretty, but it's rather hard to understand! Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas-only I don't exactly know what they are! Howe...