A Living Hell ✔︎ {editing}

By ChokesOnTea24

When Bree moves to a new school, the last thing she expects is to bump into an old friend. But her friend has... More

Author's Note
Meet The Characters
1- New School, Familiar Faces
2- Just A Quickie!
3- don't bother
4- I wish I could
5- I'm sorry B
6- Road trip
7- open up to me
8- Marshmallow
9- Lets make a deal
10- The Lake
11- The Texts
12- Georgia...
~Character Aesthetics~
13- Teddybear
14- all grown up
15- You're the difference.
16- get you off my mind
17- Beautiful
18- Fruitloops
19- Help...
20- I'm fine
21- Where are you?
22- I love you
23- It's Perfect
24- You make me complete
please read.

Bonus chapter- Graduation

4.3K 97 47
By ChokesOnTea24

6 months later-

"Oh my-sweetie, you look gorgeous!" Mum gasps, her hand flying to her mouth as I walk down the stairs.

"Thanks mum." I smile, giving her a hug.

"Oh Bryan, you look so handsome." She then praises my brother as he slides down the banister like a complete idiot.
"You just wrecked my perfect 'walking down the stairs' graduation scene." I huff, punching Bryan in the arm.
"Ow. And no I didn't. This isn't Hollywood Brianna."

"You two just get along. Aw, my two kids all grown up."

"I don't think both of us have grown up." I try to glare at Bryan without laughing.
"You look like a young lady Bree." Mum's eyes begin to water as she looks at my outfit.

"Mum you don't need to cry." I chuckle, "I'm still the same as I was yesterday."

"I know honey, but it's another big step in your life." She gestures for me to give her a hug and bryan stands there awkwardly.
"See, even Bryan's too old to hug his momma." Mum jokes, just before the doorbell rings. I hobble over to the door, making sure to hold up my dress or else I'll trip on it. These heels will be the death of me.

"Hello?" I say opening the door to reveal a very hot and dressed up Hunter. He's in dress pants, yes you heard me correct. And a white dress shirt that hugs his biceps. A tie is on his neck, and I am honestly so surprised to see him so dressy. 

My breath hitches in my throat as his eyes graze slowly over my body, up to my face. At least he's learnt to keep his focus off my boobs.

"You look so fuckable." He whispers into my ear and I punch his shoulder. "Aye I was joking, you look beautiful, baby."

"So I don't look fuckable?" I smirk.
"Mm you sure do, maybe even more with those clothes off." He smirks and his lips ghost over mine. I hear a throat clear, and snap my neck around to see my mum there with her arms crossed.
"Save that for later, you two." Hunter smiles, and turns me around to the door where Amber bounds up to me, Leah trailing behind.

"BWEE!!"

"AMBER!" I say with just enough enthusiasm, that is, before Amber jumps onto me and I stumble back in these dumbass heels.
"Shit." I mutter as I go toppling over. If I rip this fucking dress I will punch someone. Just as I am about to hit the ground, I feel two strong arms grab me from beneath my arms and stand me backupright.

I stare at Hunter, shocked that he caught me so quickly.

"Quick reflexes, clumsy" He shrugs and I laugh. He must've had a lot of practice with catching me.

"Amber! You need to calm down, this is their special day." Leah scolds Amber and holds her hand, as if Amber will make a run for it.
"Oh sweetie it's ok." My mum replies, dismissing the mistake with her hand. That's when I realise how alike our parents are. Both are single mums, and do the best for their family.
"What do you say?" Leah hums to Amber.

"Sowwy bwee." Amber mutters, her head hanging low.

"It's all good." I chuckle as Hunter snakes his arms around my waist.

"Ready?" He sits his chin on my shoulder, pressing his body against my back.

"Mhm." I reply, nervously chewing on my lip. Mum's right, this is a huge step. We're ending highschool...starting college. Moving on. It'll be like a whole new life and I can't help but wish that I could stay like this...in this moment forever.

What if one day I've lost everyone I care about, not even noticing how fast life has gone by.

"Bree what's wrong?" Hunter whispers into my ear after a while of just standing there, and I come back to reality. Our parents and Amber aren't standing here anymore, but I can hear them chatting in the kitchen.

"Nothing." I say, but Hunter knows better.

"Remember that deal we made?" He smiles and I groan.
"What if I don't remember?"
"Well you do, so what's wrong?"

"It's dumb....I'm just kinda nervous to move on." I say, hanging my head down in embarrassment. Hunter walks around to stand facing me, and lifts up my chin.

"Me too." He whispers and I relax.
"Why?" I reply.

"I don't want this to change." He says, bringing me close and kissing me as passionately as always.

"Ready to graduate?" Hunter intertwining his fingers in mine.
"Ready." I nod, mostly reassuring myself. Hunter leads me to his car, and opens the door for me.

"Since when were you such a gentleman?" I half tease.

"Since now. And probably only now." I laugh at his bitterness as he slides into the driver's seat.

"We'll meet you at the school for the ceremony." Mum calls out the kitchen window and I chuckle to myself. Did she really have to let the whole street know?

---

On the way to my seat, a teacher hands me the classic graduation cap and the gown. I groan when I find out that we have to sit in alphabetical, therefore I am so far away from Hunter. Ruby and Maya are also considerably far from me. (Ruby Smith, Maya Field.) At least I'm next to Bryan.

"Please take your seats. Welcome to your last time sitting in this school. Most of you." Principal Green addresses, and glares at the group of people who are probably repeating. "Now as usual, we will begin with speeches. College captain Sophie Roberts, please come up to the mic." A girl who I've seen around walks up to the stage and grabs the microphone, standing with great posture and pride.

"The past few years might've been fun." Everyone groans. "Or maybe they were challenging. But in the end, we all made it. I'd like to thank every teacher and person in the staff for your constant support in our learning. As well as our parents, family and friends. Our highschool journey has ended, but our life has just begu-" As Sophie finishes her speech, Maya stands up and cuts her off.

"Remember to have fun, party 'til morning and get laid!" She yells and everyone cheers and hoots. Principal Green shakes his head in dismay, and Sophie looks offended to be interrupted.
A bunch of boring adults start talking and I nearly fall asleep. One of the teachers goes up to Maya with an angry face and starts telling her off.

"And with that beautiful ceremony, aside from the crude 'humour'," The principal shoots daggers at Maya, "congratulations class of 2019!"

Everyone stands up and throws their graduation caps in the air like the cliche movies, and then cheers and celebrates the moment. I meet Hunter's eyes and he smiles, a real, genuine smile.

The parents and staff applaud us and I see mum wiping her eyes with a tissue. People start to break away and leave for a party or to celebrate with their family, and I run up to Hunter with a huge smile.

He opens his arms and I jump literally into his embrace and he spins me around before placing me back on my feet. He looks so smart in the gown and is barely recognisable to the guy I know who I love but is slouchy and careless.

"That's it. We're not in highschool anymore." Hunter grins.
"It doesn't even feel real." I reply before pecking him on the lips. He grabs my hand and I lead him over to where our families are. They all congratulate us with tight hugs.

"Congratulations 'hon. You did well." Leah smiles, dimples and all.

"Thankyou so much." I smile before Ruby and Maya come bounding towards me, the boys trailing behind. They run at me and pull me into their arms in a group hug where I am suffocating.

"We did it!!!" Ruby yells as we jump up and down.

"Hell yeah we did." Maya says with a sassy tone. When we pull away, they break off to their own boyfriends.

"So about before..." I say to Hunter once I've joined him again. "How's your end of the deal going?"
"Surprisingly well." He shrugs.

"So you haven't smoked at all since the camp?"
"Ok I've had one..." Hunter scratches his neck. "But that was when you were, you know, in the hospital. Things were really fucking stressful. But honestly, I haven't since."

"I'm happy with that. Because believe me, you aren't and will never remind me of Trevor."

"I love you clumsy." He says, his arm snaking around my body.

"And I love you." I reply, my lips meeting his, and the spark between us ignites again. 

Even through Hunter's flaws and mistakes, I love him and I love him for who he is. 

---

And that's a wrap!!! 

I hope you guys loved reading this book as much as I did writing it. it took me so long to write it, but I enjoyed it so much.

My favourite part about you guys is when I receive a comment or a reply to an announcement! It is rare, but it makes my day and motivates me to continue writing. 

I love you all, thankyou for every read, every vote and every comment. 

now for the real stuff, WHO WANTS A SEQUEL?!!! 

let me know because idk if that is smth u would be interested in. 

TY TY TY, 

-L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 35.6K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
38.7M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
896 40 17
"If you hate me so much, then why do you stick around?!" I yelled. "I don't hate you. You're just so fucking annoying!" He yelled back, throwing his...