Memory of the Past Future (Ol...

By Omniknight11

Sabre and Rainbow had defeated Memory though not before he told Rainbow that his memories could only come bac... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Side Chapter 1
Side Chapter 2
Side Chapter 3
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Note
Chapter 9
Side Chapter 4
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Side Chapter 5
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Side Chapter 6
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue
Thank You/Q&A
Help

Chapter 24

557 11 17
By Omniknight11

Um, this went longer than I thought so there will be another chapter then the epilogue so I can get everyone together. I try to stop at so many words per chapter, but since I'm dealing with so many characters as of late, they are longer with 2100+ words. I put too much information in a chapter, why do I do this to myself! :(
Also thank all of you for the OCs in 'Help', there were quite a few. 
Another thing, requests for 'You Decide' will start up when this gets done or when I feel like working on them which should be soon.

-----------------------------

'Let him go!'

'He's mine now Rainbow'

'Give him back'

'Over my dead  body Steve'

'I'll kill you'

'This is the end for you'

'I'm not giving up!'

.

.

.

.

'Rainbow'

.

.

.

.

'I'm sorry'

.

.

.

.

Rainbow woke up from his nightmare with a gasp, the memory of Blue dying replayed in his mind over and over again. Even though he had forgiven Cliff, he couldn't forget what he had done. 

'Rainbow'

Blue was his best friend, his beacon of light, his hope, his.......crush.

'Rainbow'

Blue was everything to him, without him, he was nothing.

'Rain'

Rainbow eyes widen when he heard Blue's nickname for him. (BTW majority of everyone but calls Rainbow, Bow)

"Who's there?" Rainbow whispered to himself not wanting to wake his brother.

'Turn around Rainbow, don't think about it, don't look at it'

Rainbow sat up and look around the room to find the source of the very familiar voice.  

'Rain' 

The colorful Steve finally noticed a blue light, glowed softly next to him from the corner of his eye. The light formed a figure that Rainbow missed so much. Sitting next to him on his bed, was the very Steve who Rainbow missed dearly. Though he was dead, Blue still had those bight grey eyes that shined bight with hope and innocence along with that soft, small smile that melts Rainbow's heart whenever he sees it. Blue still had on the clothes that he wore on that day, but there was no sign of the fatal injury that cost his life.

"B-B-Blue?" If this was a dream, Rainbow hopes he won't wake up anytime soon.

The Blue Steve smiled and ran a hand through Rainbow's red hair, "It's me Rain"

In a split second, Rainbow pulled Blue onto his lap into a hug and sobbed silently into his chest. Blue did his best to sooth his old friend knowing that he needed this right now more than ever.

"It's okay Rain" Blue whispered, "I'm here no matter what"

"I-I missed you s-so much Blue" Rainbow sobbed, "I'm so s-sorry for f-forgetting you, I-I-"

"Calm down Rain, I'm not blaming you. As long as you remember that's all it matters"

Rainbow pushed Blue away and held him by his shoulders to take in every feature of his old friend as though it was the last time he'll ever see him. Lightly, Rainbow used one hand to feel Blue to see if anything has change and Blue allowed it understanding why he was doing it.

"I-I can't b-believe it's really you" Rainbow whispered and pulled Blue back into a hug and held him, "How are you even here?"

"I'm using the last of my energy to do this, with the help Sabre and the Elder Blues" Blue said, "You really made great friends"

"I know" Rainbow smiled, "They're the best, but I could never replace you. You were everything to me"

Blue let out a chuckle, "Don't you think that's a bit much? I can't mean everything to you"

Rainbow shook his head, "You were my beacon of hope and light. You pushed me to continue when I wanted to give up. You stuck to my side after everything, knowing that you could have been killed at any point. You never backed down and gave me courage to face every challenge that came our way" 

"Rain"

"You did everything for me. You sacrifice your life countless times for my sake. I could never give you as much as you did. I could never done what you did."

"You would have done the same thing if our roles were switch" Blue said honestly. 

"Blue, I want to tell you something I never thought I could after....the incident"

"What is it?"

"I-I.. I love you"

"W-Wha..." In all honestly, Blue never expected that Rainbow had feelings for him, "Rain, y-you l-love me?"

Rainbow didn't say anything as he played with Blue's fingers to ease himself.

"Rainbow, please"

"I do, I love you for a long time."

Blue put a hand on Rainbow's check so they would look into each others eyes. Like before, Rainbow got lost in those grey eyes once again. Unconsciously, he leaned in and connected his and Blue's lips into a kiss that Rainbow dreamt of for a long time. Blue tensed not expecting this from his best friend, but he started to kiss back, enjoying the feeling of it. Rainbow held the back of Blue's neck to deepen the kiss, wanting to feel more of those soft lips. As much as Blue enjoyed this, it was getting harder for him to breath so he gripped Rainbow's arms letting him know that he needed air soon. Once the colorful Steve released Blue, he quickly went to his neck.

"Rain stop" Blue warned and pushed Rainbow away who looked at him with a frowned.

"But I want you"

"And I too, but I can't stay here for long. My time is limited. You need to do that to someone who's alive and not ....dead"

"I don't care, you're the only one that I will ever love" 

Blue look deep into Rainbow's red eyes and knew that he meant what he said. His only worry is that Rainbow would find someone else to love and he'll just be an old memory.

"Let him do so" The two turned to see Reverse staring at them with a smirk, "Let BlueBow happen"

----------------

Plague look at his dad and Rift in disbeilf, if Rift was just born when Green was killed then who killed his brother. Wait, was it even Rift they were fighting in the Nightmare Dimension?

"Dad"

"Sit down and I'll explain" Embry said. Everyone sat down in a circle (?) waiting for the elder to explain.

"Plague, after the incident that involved your mother and sibling, we moved to the village were we met Green and his mother. We were a happy family until she passed, you know of the thing where Steves loose three people that are close to their heart, they go insane?"

Plague nodded.

"It works on Viruses too"

That's when Plague realized what his dad meant, his mom and sibling were Embry's first two strikes; Green's mom was the third and final.

"Judging from your face, you know after your step-mother's death, I was going insane. I didn't want to either of you so I left hoping I could stable myself, but that was the worst thing I ever did. I-I was asked to help the savior of this world to get stronger in return I would get help. I accepted because I wanted to come back to you two. They gave me a disguise so no one could relate me to my sons, but I didn't know they disguised me as someone's future self" Embry glance at Rift before continuing, "Whether it was on purpose or not, I don't know. After that, I did something horrible"

"What did you do?" Plague asked, worried about his dad's answer.

"I-I" Tears flowed out of Embry's eyes, "I don't know, my mind was clouded and the next thing I knew, Green in a pool of his blood with Rainbow holding him. After that, I couldn't live with myself anymore."

"Y-You killed Green" Plague shook. He didn't know whether to be angry or what.

"Plague" Green spoke, "Don't blame dad, he didn't know"

"I don't know what to say" Plague signed then look over to Rift, "Then what happened to you?"

Rift signed, "I was hated for a crime I never comitted. James was the only one who tried to help me, but we were controlled. The person who took control of your dad and Beige took control of us. The person influenced us by using who we wanted the most James wanted his brother and I wanted Lucas. Before you say anything, Lucas was someone I knew when I was younger."

"Okay, but who's James and Beige?"

"Both are Cliff: Beige is his past, James is who he is now. Beige was asked to do the same thing as Embry and accidently killed Blue, his younger brother. Beige was reincarnated into James who is Sabre's brother now. That's all I'm saying." Rift says.

Plague was offically overloaded with information about Rift and Cliff's past. 

"Hang, how are you even here? Shouldn't you be dead to be here or something?"

Rift didn't say anything for a moment, "Or something. I'm technically trapped here by the one who started all of this. It will stay like this until my physical body is destroyed since they forced me out of it. Before you say anything, I was in too deep, deeper than James"

The desire to find Lucas took over him, he had his reasons for doing everything over the past several years. He had a job to look after Lucas after his parents past and protect him until he, Sabre and James met up. However, Sabre was kidnap and the people who were suppose to watch over Lucas until Rift came for him, lost him. The reason Rift went more crazy than James was because Lucas was his only person that liked him and didn't hate him for what he didn't do; Sabre didn't count since he never seen Rift and James didn't like him at all. Yeah, him and  James didn't like each other, but then they had something in common. 

 "What now?" Green asked since no one spoke for some time.

"Plague, I don't know who is this person is or was, but I want you to keep an eye out for anyone who is a threat to either Sabre or Lucas." Rift said, "I don't want them to get hurt. Not after what they went through"

"What happened?" 

"That's for them to tell, not me" Rift answered.

Embry put a hand on Plague's shoulder, "Time for you to wake up son"

"But, will I see you again?" Plague asked. He want to see what's left of his family again.

"I'm afraid not, our time is up and this is the last we'll see of each other." Embry said sadly.

Plague, Green and Embry gave each other on last hug. Rift watch them, smiling softly at the family moment. He then felt himself being pulled into the hug, it was weird yet nice at the same time.

-----------------------

Lucas woke up from his dreaming to find himself in his, Cliff - or James - and Sabre's shared room. The new found brothers must have carried him after he pasted out from the overload of information or becasue of the lack of sleep, probably the combination. So it turns out, his and Sabre's family is bigger then they thought it was; they don't just have each other anymore. 

It was still surprising that the Steves that were their enimies were just helping all this time. Then the two thought to be enimies of the Steves were just misunderstood. Now that he thinks about it, if Memory hadn't told Sabre and Rainbow anything, then none of this would have happened. So it was Memory who started all of this and brought back so many who were lost.

Lucas felt Sabre shifting, telling him that his friend was about to wake. 

"Hey Sabre" Lucas said when he seen Sabre's eyes open.

"Hey Lucas" Sabre smiled, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I was just thinking how Memory is the reason we are together"

"If it wasn't for him then none of this would have happened. Though I still fell bad becasue he had to die for all of this, he was a Steve who didn't have full control of his power and had to pay the price" Sabre said sadly, "If I hadn't listened to what he said, then I don't know"

Lucas pulled Sabre close for a hug, "Now our family is bigger and it will soon bigger than ever when you get married"

"Wh-What do you mean by that?"

 "You're really oblivious" Lucas smirk.

"Says the guy who is optimistic all the time" Sabre chuckle

"That role went to Rainbow a long time ago Chicken"

"Got a point Horse"

The two laughed at each others nickname they had since they were little.

"So what did you mean by me getting married?" Sabre asked when they calmed down.

"I'll explain later for now let's get some more sleep before it becomes morning"

  "Alright"

-------------------------------

Rainbow look at his brother in shock while Blue hid himself in Rainbow.

"R-Reverse wh-when-"

"A bit" Reverse said still smirk, he got up and walk over to the two, "So you're the famous Blue that my brother loves dearly"

"Brother?" Blue asked not knowing Rainbow's family.

Rainbow explained his family and what happened to them when they were younger to Blue who seemed to understand majority of it.

"So I guess you lost your memories twice: one of your family and the second time before you meant Sabre" Blue smiled slightly then turned to Reverse, "And it's nice to meet you Reverse"

"Same here Blueberry, now I see why my little brother like you: you're cute" Reverse winked.

Blue blushed as bit before he was pulled into a tight embrace by Rainbow who growled at Reverse.

"He's mine"

"Never thought you were the possessive one." Reverse chuckled, "Don't worry, I won't take your little boyfriend away. I'll leave you two alone for a bit"

Reverse ruffled Rainbow's red hair before leaving the room to give the two alone time. Blue let out a soft laugh after some time and snuggle with Rainbow for a bit.

"Sorry for him Blue" Rainbow said in his hair.

"It's okay, he's seems nice though" 

"I really do love you Blue, more than you know"

"I know Rain, but I don't want you to regret anything after I go away"

"Can we stay like this until then?"

"That would be nice" 

The two laid down on the bed, holding onto each other for the last time as the moon started to set to make way for the new day.

-------------------------------

"What is happening?" Nightmare asked himself once again. After Echo left suddenly, Nightmare was thinking about her words and wondered what she meant by 'everything was a lie'. There were so many possiblilities but thing came to his mind was Rift and Cliff: the two troublesome humans or that's what he believed. Now that he thinks about it, where did he heard that from? When Nightmare went through his memories, he realized that no one told him and he never seen the events happening. 

'Had I cause two probably innocent people trouble?' Guilt filled his viens as he thought about it more and more. He would have to apologize to Cliff in the morning and to Rift if they can find him. Someone put those fake memories in his head and he told everyone the lies that came with them.  

Nightmare felt a presence behind him, he thought it was Echo only to find it was someone he wasn't expecting.

"It's you" Nightmare gasped.

"Yes it's me. I guess that foolish girl gave you a hint and you fingured out from there. Seems my way of spreading rumors is no longer an option."

"So that means"

"Yes, I framed those two. Now I wonder what to do with you" The figure walk around the Steve, "I can't kill you, those brothers of yours still protect you. I guess I have to give some answers to you and make you forget ever seeing me" 

Before Nightmare could say anything, he was surrounded by a mist then fell unconscious onto the ground. The figure look at the Steve on last time before they teleport him back to where he was then disappearing themself into the coming dawn. 

----------------------

Positive woke up to the sun rays peaking through the window, that told him that him and his brother will have to leave soon. The Steve glanced at the sleeping form of his older brother, he felt really bad about waking him, but knew Negative would get angry if he didn't.

"Big bro, it's time to wake up" Positive said softly trying to not wake Nightmare who was still sleeping on the couch, though Positive could have sworn the Nightmare King was sleeping in the other direction.

"Pos?" Negative said sleepily.

"Hey Neg, it's time to go" 

Negative nodding and got up with the help of his younger brother. Once the two got situated and wrote a note letting everyone know they left earlier than expected, they left the cave, into the morning light. Positive couldn't help but to glance at his brother and the scars that littered his body. Though majority of Negative's body was clothed, Positive could imagine each and every one. 

"Hey, don't think about it. I would do anything to protect you" Negative smiled knowing what his brother was thinking.

"I know and I couldn't ask for a better brother" Positive smiled and grabbed Negative's hand to drag him where they need to go.

---------------------------  

Vi felt himself waking up from his internal clock. After sometime, he used his ability to sense presence in the cave: three human, eight Steves and one virus. He guessed that Positive and Negative already went out, and Echo didn't come back last night. There was a faint presence of a ninth Steve in the twins' room, but didn't think on anything of it. Vi look down at his still sleeping husband who was snoring softly. 

His little, innocent, flower.

It still brings wonder on how Light is related to three of the darkest Steves (Nightmare, Dark and Reverse), husband to a virus that could hurt him with one miss step, lived a childhood like his. Vi wonders stuff like that, out of all the possibilities, how did something happen and why. His curiosity often goes back to Sabre, Lucas and Light, and how each one went through something. He might not have all the pieces of the two human's past, but he was getting there.

"Vi?" Light said looking at Vi.

"Hey flower, how are you?"

"I feel a little sick" Light said honestly. 

"You need me to get you anything?"

"I'll be fine Vi"

Before Vi could say anything more, the door to their room burst open and they felt someone jump on top of them. 

"Morning papa, daddy" Sliver giggled.

"Morning son/Silv" The couple replied to their son and hugged him.

"How did you sleep?" Light asked.

"Fine, Shadow and I talked for a bit and I learned a lot from him"

"Glad you're getting along with your cousin Silver" Vi smiled and ruffled his son's dark silver hair.

----------------------

Shadow felt someone shaking him, waking him up from his dreams. When he opens his eyes, Shadow seen it was his dad smiling down at him softly.

"Hey there Shad" Dark said.

"Morning dad" Shadow looked around the room he shared with his cousin only to see that Silver wasn't in there.

"Silver ran to his parents room after running into me when I was coming here" Dark explained, "You two getting along?"  

"We are, I like having someone the same age as me to talk to" Shadow grinned.

Dark smile faded into a frown, "I'm sorry what I put you through when you were younger. I didn't mean to come off as cold, I was just a bit afriad to get attatch to somone"

"I understand dad, grandpa explained to me why you kept your distance." Shadow said. He couldn't blame his dad for anything, he was tramatized by the death of his brother then his close friend.

Dark pulled Shadow into a hug, releived that he didn't hate him for what he had not done for Shadow when he was younger.

"I'm always here for you son, I love you so much, don't forget that"

"Love you too dad" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 340 40
This is a Steve saga/ rainbow quest story. If Your a favremysabre fan this story is perfect for you. I want all the elements of good stories here lik...
4.9K 410 25
After being the Flash for two years our hero Sabre falls. He receives and injury that will effect his powers as the Flash Forever. For a new job he b...
100K 4.2K 90
Sabre is being chased by Illusion Steve. His friends are under his control again or captured. He has no hope left. No way to win. Sabre has to think...
2.6K 134 10
"... The Chromatics aren't who they say they are, Sabre..." One of the villains, Nightmare Steve told the frightened, yet on guard, non-Steve. "Sabre...