Lilah

By AshlynPope

#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1: Butterflies
Chapter 2: CIA Spy
Chapter 3: Sugar
Chapter 4: Sober
Chapter 5: Nineteen
Chapter 6: Dangerous
Chapter 7: Mistake
Chapter 8: Grasshole
Chapter 9: Friends?
Chapter 10: Hugs
Chapter 11: Jake
Chapter 12: Destroyed
Chapter 13: Drugs
Chapter 14: Nothing
Chapter 15: Selfish
Chapter 16: Miami
Chapter 17: Childish
Chapter 18: Karma
Chapter 19: Yours
Chapter 20: Drunk
Chapter 21: Sway
Chapter 22: Enough
Chapter 23: Retaliation
Chapter 24: Amazing
Chapter 25: Stargazing
Chapter 26: Dumb
Chapter 27: Crackhead
Chapter 28: Done
Chapter 29: Reassurance
Chapter 31: Party
Chapter 32: Apples
Chapter 33: Weird
Chapter 34: Baby
Chapter 35: Doctor
Chapter 36: Bud
Chapter 37: Suspicious
Chapter 38: Club
Chapter 39: Flowers
Chapter 40: Christmas
Chapter 41: Scared
Chapter 42: College
Chapter 43: Jessica
Chapter 44: Birthday
Epilogue

Chapter 30: Herb

1.7M 39.7K 226K
By AshlynPope

❀Azalea❀

Five days now that we've been 'not together' anymore. Six days of not having slept in the same bed. No kisses or anything and I'm proud of myself. He's tempting he's so tempting. Especially when he's behaving himself. Which he has been doing.

He's so kissable. And he just sits there waiting for me to make a move on him. He's got 'kiss me' eyes and I'm struggling to hold myself back.

Just as he's doing right now.

"What?" he asks.

"You're the one looking at me," I shrug. Even though I'm looking at him too.

"So?" he scoots closer to me. His intoxicating smell makes me want to put my face in his chest.

"So don't," I lick my lips and his eyes trail down to them. They stay in that position, looking there and not moving.

"Stop looking at my lips," I warn.

"I can't kiss you so I'm imagining it, leave me alone," he dismisses my warning.

"And other things," he mumbles. I scoot away from him and turn my head before I give in.

"Are you harassing her?" Jai's voice questions as he shows up at our table.

"Yes he is, call the po-po," I nod to Jai.

"I thought y'all broke up?" he questions.

"We did," I confirm, "but it's hard."

"So am I," Grey mutters under his breath and I feel my eyes widen just a tad bit. I peek over at him and he's not-so-subtly looking down my black v-neck silky tank top.

"If you're still sitting here by the time Abby gets here I'm gonna pitch a fit and you'll never hear the end of it," I assure Grey as two o'clock quickly approaches, the time we agreed to meet up at.

He shrugs like it's not a big deal.

"Abby, huh?" Jai takes a seat across from us, "she cute?"

"She's very pretty," I nod and he nods too, a smirk on his face.

"Shit, I'm single now too, might have to do something with this girl," Grey grumbles, and I turn my whole body toward him.

"Do not try me Grey Alexander," I warn, "I will end you before you can even blink."

We're only haphazardly broken up. We can't get with another person. We just can't.

"I wouldn't do that, Lilah," he throws an arm around my neck, pulling me into him. He kisses the side of my head and I melt into him.

Oh wait, we're not together.

"You better not," I grumble, looking up at him. He looks down at me, our faces close. His lips part a little bit as his eyes search my lips.

"Kiss her," Jai whispers across the table. I pull away and Grey's jaw tenses as he sends Jai a scary glare. He raises his hands in surrender before deciding it's best to just get up and leave. I check my phone and see that it's one fifty-seven.

"Why don't you go over there," I point to a table across the floor, "and think about things because she'll be here any minute."

"One kiss," he says. I shake my head. There's no point in being broken up if you're still going to kiss the person.

He grips the front of my pants and slides me closer to him.

"Five days," he reminds me of how long it's been since I've let him kiss me.

"Then you should have never talked to me like I meant nothing," I raise an eyebrow.

"I know," he says defeatedly. In a flash, I place a swift kiss on his cheek.

"Now go," I shoo him away and he licks his lips before slowly getting up and mosying over to the table I pointed for him to go sit at.

Hardly two minutes after his nice booty sits in his seat, Abby joins me at our table. A guy Grey introduced to me as Roman now sits with him at his table, the two of them going through random files. Roman's the gun guy. The one with the gun in his butt. Or his pants, whatever.

Jai comes and takes our drink and food orders as we begin on a conversation about different things ranging from how many pillows we need to sleep with during the night to the name of her goldfish she had when she was fifteen.

We get our food and even while eating we chat.

"How's your boyfriend?" she questions, eating on her fries.

"We broke up," I smile and her eyes furrow. Oh, I smiled.

She's going to think I'm having a psychotic episode.

"And you're happy about it?" she questions. I laugh and shake my head.

"It's only temporary," I assure her but she still looks confused.

"Are you really confident about getting back together or is there something I'm missing?" she asks.

"Oh, I broke up with him, and I tell him when we're going to get back together," now saying it, it makes me sound totally and completely controlling. But that wasn't the situation.

"That sounded terrible," I admit, "it's more complex than that, I promise. I'm not mean to him. Our situation was just, that was what we needed and he understands that. I promise you I'm not mean to him."

Even though he won't stop bothering me and asking when I'll take him back and quote "kiss me on the lips again."

"Do you love him?" she questions before taking a sip of her drink.

"I do love him," I smile. It would be impossible to not be in love with him by now. I find it hard to believe that he's never been officially with someone before. Who would want to be strangers with him?

Well, actually, I could understand why someone would want to remain strangers with him. His facial expressions hardly ever range from appearing mad.

"That's sweet," she smiles happily, moving her shoulders up in excitement. I move my eyes over to Grey's form where he sits watching me like I'm a steak dinner.

So sweet.

"This place is really nice," she looks around and I take a big sloppy bite of my cheeseburger. It hits the freaking spot. A drop of ketchup falls off the end of my burger and onto my chest, rolling down in between my gosh darn chesticles. She laughs at me and I look around for a napkin.

I catch Grey's eyes though. He holds his head down, his hand gripping onto his hair as he mouthes a curse word. Abby hands me a napkin and I take it gratefully, wiping the ketchup off my chest.

We resume eating and only a little while goes by before Abby gets quieter.

"Do you know those guys over there?" she nods her head to where Grey and Roman sit, looking directly over at us. Roman's trying to be less obvious about it but Grey has his freaking chair turned in the exact direction of me. Good Lord.

"I don't," I shake my head, furrowing my eyebrows like I don't know my crackhead who sits over there. She turns back toward them and Roman looks away, turning his head the opposite way of us but Grey, of course, continues to look at me, his bottom lip rolled into his mouth.

"I think the guy with the tattoos has a thing for you," she lightly pushes my arm, "he's gorgeous."

"Oh yeah, but Roma-the other guy was looking right at you," I give her a smile and her eyes widen a bit.

"Really?" she questions, looking over at him shyly. I give her a nod.

'Stop it' I mouth to Grey and he shakes his head. I narrow my eyes at him and he tilts his head down, his eyes shining in amusement.

"He's the local crackhead, the one with tattoos," I tell Abby, turning back to her. Her eyes widen a bit.

"Really? I would've never thought. He looks really well-put-together," she tells me, tucking a dark strand of hair behind her ear.

"He does crack at night, not during the day," I shrug.

"Is he known around here for that?"

"Yep. His name is...what is it?" I try to think hard for a perfect name.

"His name's Herb."

"Oh wow."

"He's also got eight kids," I nod, sipping on my sweet tea to hold back my smile.

"He looks young to have that many," she says, exasperated.

"Well he had them all around the same time, but with different women," I make a yikes face.

"Does he want you to be his baby mama now?" She gasps, leaning forward to me.

"I think he does," I nod, "he's been looking at my goodies since I got here."

"Y'all would make beautiful babies though, on a serious not," she tells me honestly and my eyebrows raise on my forehead.

My phone dings and I peek at it.

'Stop fuckin staring at me' Grey's message reads.

I ignore the message and bite my cheek to keep the dumb smile off my face.

"He's got a nice phone for a crackhead," Abby speaks curiously and I let out a bark of laughter.

"That's because he sells crack too."

"I might have to get me some," I gasp at her words and nearly tear up. I think we're meant to be friends.

I catch Roman's eyes and he raises his phone to me. I get a text a second later.

'Give her my #' it reads.

I'm gonna punch Grey in the clavicle for giving my number to him.

'No do it yourself loser' I respond and watch from the corner of my eye as he reads it. Grey chuckles when he shows him my response.

I put my phone down and turn it off. It's rude to text when you're having lunch with someone. It's not lunch though because it's after two but it's before dinner. It's dunch. I laugh a little at my own joke.

Jai comes back to take our empty plates after we've finished and Abby takes out her wallet.

"Oh no," I shake my head, "I'm not allowed to pay so you don't have to either."

She looks at me like I just lied to her face.

"Where'd you hear that?" She tilts her head.

"A crackhead told me."

"That crackhead?" She nods to Grey.

"Yes."

"Ew," Jonas passes our table on the way to Grey's.

"Come again fella? Walk away small peepee guy," I call after him.

"Little bitch," he rolls his eyes.

"Keep talking and I'm gonna punch your nose off," I raise my fist just a tad. He saunters off, flicking me off behind his back.

"I'm confused," she laughs.

"He's a donkey," I explain to her.

"Hey baby doll," Oaklee leans over into our booth and kisses the top of my head.

"Look at you sitting there all sexy and stuff," he leans over. He peeks over at Grey who sits glaring scarily at him.

"I'll go before mama bear punches me in the dick," he ruffles my hair and I scrunch my nose at him.

"Is that your boyfriend, or ex at the moment?" She questions

"No," I shake my head, "that's Oaklee, he's crazy."

"Um, Azalea," she whispers, "the crackhead and the other guy are coming over here."

"Oh Lord, here we go," I mumble as Grey slides right into the seat beside me and Roman leans against the side of the table.

"Hi, I'm Roman," he smiles down at her. She looks down shyly.

"I'm Abby," she answers.

"I miss you," Grey whispers and I look at his gorgeous face.

"I'm right here," I watch his lips as he runs his tongue over the corner of his mouth.

"We were just leaving," I add and Abby watches Grey and I's interaction.

His hand comes to rest on my thigh.

"You're going to scare Abby away," I tell him quietly.

"Why?"

"I told her you're the town crackhead and that you have eight kids," I smile.

"Of course you did," he doesn't act the least bit surprised.

"Hands to yourself, Sugar," I pick up his hand and move it off my leg.

"Abby, this isn't Herb. His actual name is Grey," I roll my eyes, "my half-ex-boyfriend."

"Ex?" he grumbles unhappily, a small glare on his face.

"So not a crackhead?" she smiles.

"Not technically," I shrug, turning to Roman, "and that's Roman, he has the hots for you. Sorry Roman, I didn't mean to say that."

Grey wraps his strong arm around my waist and he nearly yanks me closer to him like we would always sit before we got on our break.

I lay my head on his shoulder and his hand rides up my shirt slightly before he draws random shapes on my stomach with his thumb.

"Yeah, broken up my ass," Jai rolls his eyes, slightly eyeing Roman. I lean away from Grey and just slightly catch the sight of his jaw tensing unhappily.

"Wanna go get milkshakes?" the last time I asked someone this, it turned out terrible and I ended up with my feelings hurt. Ahem, Grey.

"Sure," she smiles, beginning to get out the booth. I don't blame her. If I didn't know the three guys around us, I'd feel crowded too. And nervous. And like a pimp.

Grey gets up and lets me slide out of the booth. Abby and I begin walking out but I'm pulled back by Grey's monstrous hand on my wrist.

He slides his hand down and interlocks our fingers, pulling me close to him.

"I thought milkshakes were our thing?" He leans down to me, pressing a kiss under my ear. I wipe the spot he kissed and place my fingers on his lips.

"Take your kiss back," I advise him and he looks unamused.

"And you never get milkshakes with me," I raise my eyebrow, "so it's not our thing."

"I want you back now," he grumbles and I pull away.

"I'll see you at home Grey," I fall back into step with Abby and we begin on the walk to Momma's Milkshakes.

"Do you call him a crackhead often?" she asks and I throw my head back in laughter.

~~~

"I can't believe you Grey," I groan, turning on the bathtub and checking the water to make sure it's not too cold or too hot.

Grey looks at me hornish eyes. This man, I swear.

"Bear, control him please," I look at Bear who is completely covered in mud. We went to take him out for a walk and to get him to poop and Grey let go of the leash for what reason? There's probably not one.

It had just rained and there were mud puddles everywhere. Bear oh-so-smartly decided to roll in one. I kinda wanted to roll in one too but I refrained. And now he's gotta have a bath.

"Good luck," Grey mumbles, before trying to walk out. Uh, I think not.

"You best get back here," I warn him and he stops in the doorway, "we're both giving him a bath, not just me."

I should be making Grey give him a bath by himself but I kind of want to see how cute Bear looks with all his wet fur.

"He doesn't like baths," Grey turns around.

"Then we definitely need both of us," I step forward and grip his hand, pulling him back over to the bathtub.

Once the tub fills up, Grey picks up Bear and places him in the bathtub. Bear looks over at me like 'I'm going to jump out in point two seconds.'

And he does just that.

"Little shit," Grey rolls his eyes, looking at me. I smile.

"I can't run darling," I tilt my head happily. A minute later, Grey comes back with Bear up in his arms. He shuts the door behind him with his foot and he places Bear back in the tub.

"Stay," he tells him. I sit on the edge of the tub and pour water all over Bear's thick black fur. Grey just stands there.

"I swear Grey, you better get over here," I shake my head at him and he grumbles under his breath, sitting on the side too.

Bear shakes himself wildly and we're both soaked. My white shirt sticks to me and my light blue bra shows through my shirt.

Well gosh, darn it if Grey isn't getting quite the view at the moment.

I pour the doggy shampoo on Grey's hands and my own and we get to scrubbing. Bear continuously tries to get away from us.

He gives me the look again. Oh Lord.

He hops out the tub and with the door closed, there's really nowhere to go so he runs around the bathroom like a psychopath.

Standing, I fall on the slippery floor and silently thank Jesus that my knee didn't become an even bigger crackhead. My butt bone is broken though.

"You okay, Lilah?" Grey lifts me to my feet and Bear walks to me, licking me once on the arm before trying to find his escape once more.

"My butt's broken," I groan, rubbing my buttcheek.

Grey ignores the sentence only looking at me intently, his eyes darting between both of mine.

"Azalea, I'm sorry," he says suddenly, "I know I have to open up more to you and I promise I will. I get it now. I need you back."

I can't count how many times he's apologized but this time seems the most serious of all. And I think we've been apart for long enough. I miss it too.

"You have to promise to never, ever talk to me the way you did ever again," I tell him and he nods undoubtedly.

"I promise," he says without a beat.

I give him a small smile and I motion for him to come to me.

He walks into my arms, leaning down into the hug.

"I love you Grey."

"I love you."

What.

"You said what?" I pull away, confused. Did I hear something else? Was that voice Bear? Was it God's voice?

"I love you Azalea," he grips my chin and kisses me softly. I don't respond much, in shock.

"Kiss me back," he mumbles against my lips.

"You do love me?" I ask.

"I love you,"  he nods.

"How do you know?" I don't know why I can't just shut up and accept the fact.

"The way you make me feel. The fact that you're the only person I'd ever want to be with. The way I'm always thinking about you. I'd do anything for you."

"Would you eat molded cheese?" I gasp.

"If it came down to it," he nods and I almost get teary-eyed.

"Now I can say 'I love you' and you can say 'I love you too'," I grow really excited, slipping on the floor again but being caught by Grey.

My crackhead loves me. And I love my crackhead.

~~~

"What happened that night?" I ask him and he lets out a quiet sigh.

"It's-it's just complicated and it's not anything that you did. I was just listening to things I shouldn't have been listening to," he tucks my hair behind my earn

I crawl over on his lap for my world-famous hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and squeeze him firmly but gently.

"I understand," I whisper. It isn't the whole story but if that's all for now, then I'm okay with it.

"There's still no excuse for me treating you the way I did," he pulls away slightly, kissing me softly.

I place my hand on his cheek, not buttcheek, and I turn my head just to deepen the kiss only a little bit.

He pulls me closer to his body and slides his hand up the back of my shirt. He rocks me forward a bit and groans quietly into the kiss. He gently tugs my shirt up and off my body, leaving me in only my bra and underwear.

"Fuck," he grips onto my hips. I look down to where he's looking. I spot Tubs, my food baby.

"Oh my gosh! It's Tubs," I place my hand on my stomach, although that's not where he was looking originally, that hornish man.

"Fuck, I love you," he groans, placing his head into my neck.

"And Tubs?"

"And Tubs," he confirms.

"Why am I almost naked?" I question and he pulls away, looking down at me.

"I don't know how that happened," he answers.

"Are you with me just for my body?" even though it's not that great. Or very good. 

"Yeah," he says seriously but I know that he's joking by the way his eyes narrow in the slightest of bit.

"I'm only with you for that reason too," I nod, wrapping my arms back around him after pulling the covers up around us both.

"Wanna do under-the-cover smex?" I blurt and his eyes fade dark, "I kid."

"You kid?"

"I'm a virgin Mary," I lean my head on his chest, puffing out my cheeks.

"I know," his deep voice rumbles under me, "kinda."

"Kinda?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"My tongue went in yo-" I cut him off there.

"Excuse me sir, that's hush-hush information."

"And my fingers," he smirks. I squeeze my legs together just a bit and he notices. He notices everything because the crack he does heightens his senses, I'm sure of it.

"You're thinking about it," he says lowly.

"You don't know anything," I grumble and he hums. He pushes me down on my back and leans over me, propping himself up on his elbows.

"I feel like we're not equal. I'm half buck naked and you've got your clothes on," I chide. He sits up, taking his shirt off before lowering himself back down. His silver chain hangs down and I wrap my arm around his neck, pulling the chain back so it's not hanging between us.

I look over at his bicep and the tattoos that wrap around it. He presses himself down onto me like how we sleep and he kisses the side of my face.

He pulls the covers over us and Bear scratches at the door. Grey lets out a groan.

"Are you fuckin' kidding me?" he grumbles, getting up and opening the door, letting Bear in, and closing the door behind Bear.

He returns to me.

"I still don't have a shirt on," I remind him.

"I like the feeling," I feel his smirk against my neck.

"But I'm wearing a bra," I scrunch my nose. It's not really the most comfortable to sleep in a bra.

"Take it off," he shrugs. I reach around my back and unclip it. He leans off of me, letting me get it off and watching me like a pervert.

It's nothing he hasn't seen before.

"Fuck me," he mumbles before laying back on me.

"Woah, woah, woah," I stop him, "now isn't the time to be saying hornish things. We're trying to sleep."

"You're trying to sleep," he slides his hands down the front of me.

"You're trying to sleep with me," I scrunch my nose at him and he kisses my nose.

"You're not wrong," he flips us over.

"I love you," I kiss him softly, "ya hornish crackhead."

♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦

Thank you for reading! I'm sorry that the updates have been irregular and not on time. For some reason things just aren't going according to plan like...what? Is going on?

Anywho, I hope you enjoyed this one!

*Not edited*

Word count: 3913

-Ashlyn M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 235 45
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...
383K 8.8K 42
[ONGOING] "What would you do if I die?" "Die." "Oh you would die?" I mumble and he nods giving me a small smile. "What would you do if I die?" He...
228K 3.7K 36
{completed} They say opposites attract, the good girl + the bad boy. The grumpy + sunshine. She's intrigued by his eyes, maybe it's because they sha...
2.8M 67.8K 124
COMPLETED - When Isabella arrives at college, she's determined to keep her head in the books and go by unnoticed. Yet, life had other plans for her...