Splatoon 2: Octo Rising

By Yoshistar_Writes

Agent 4 has to be one of the hardest roles to fill in the world. On a peaceful day in inkopolis a young inkli... More

Before we start...
1) The beginning
2) Fatefull encounter
3) Wrong decision
4) Reunion
5) Training
6) Battle 1
7) Aftermath
8) Torn apart
9) Earlier...
10) ...Now...
11) ...A little after now...
12. ...After
13. Freindly sighting
14.Detective work
15. Broken freindship
16. Celebration/news
17. Family matters
18. Alliance
19. Spy
20. Turf...
21. ...War
22. Revival
23. Battle 2
24. Break
25. Big story, minor details
26. Development and Bonding...
27. ...With you
28. Luka, Koy,
29. and Rachel
30. Proper Apology
31) Mission
32. Apology finished
33) Vote
34. Message
35. Secrecy...
36. ...And Mystery
37. Stress
38. Present
39. Battle 3
40. Hero
41. Backround...
42. ...story
43. Reaction
44. Tess...
45) ...And Koy
46) Betrayal
47) Value
48. Interruption
49) Turn for the worst
50) Shower
51) Torture
52) Seeker
53) Mask
54) Zen and Rose
55) Pearl and Marina
56) Build up
57) Battle 4
58) Thoughtless celebration
59) Kill
60) Victim
61) Escape
62) Summary
63) Leading to...
64) ...The truth
65) friendship
67) Empty Search
68) Sacrifice
69) Vengence
70) Result
71) lost sacrifice
72) Worrying choices
73) Disappearing Power
74) agent 4...
75) ...and Marie
76) Awaited Confrontation
77) Battle 5
78) Epilogue
...Before We Finish
A continuation Appears!

66) Delicate situations

80 9 5
By Yoshistar_Writes

Marie's POV:

I did it. I had officially searched through almost all of the kettles in sector 5. At first, we could not locate a zapfish anywhere. In all of the kettles, it was pitch black. There was no light. Nobody even inhabited the area. The kettles were empty.

I sprung up from the final kettle and stared across the area of sector 5's centre. The entire area was filled to the brim with invisible moving platforms, secret death traps, and a brutal amount of glitter sprinkled everywhere. Across the centre of sector 5, was the boss kettle, surrounded by two invisible moving platforms. It was an extremely dangerous area.

Confusion had hit me after my thorough search of the sector. Where was the zapfish? why is it all gone? Why are the kettles dark? Everything did not make sense.

"They're using them."

"What?" It seemed, Sheldon was not answering me. "Answer me, damnit!"

"I thought you'd already figured it out. Callie's waiting for you. Look at the boss kettle in the middle; you checked everything, aside from that singular boss kettle."

I did not respond to Sheldon. After jumping to the centre platform, I looked at it. Sheldon was right. It was completely open for anyone to enter. I was taken aback completely.

"I-"

"Bring Tess with you. Both of you can go together."

"I can't."

"What?"

"Did... did Tess see Callie?"

"Did you ever confront her about Rachel, like I told you to?"

"No. I assumed she would get through it herself."

"Honestly, your so daft." It felt like he was scolding me. "Tess never saw Callie behind her mask. She doesn't know about the truth. Are you planning on telling her-"

"She shouldn't know."

"But-" I could tell, Sheldon had wanted to ask more. "She,"

"She deserves to know. But I'm a horrible person. Ever since my incident with Callie, I've always been."

"Marie..."

We were halted in our conversation when I got an update on my phone. Reluctantly, I pulled it up, only to widen my eyes in shock. Our headphones had trackers in case of any danger, and Tess' headphones were nearby. I could see her again.

"There's no escape. Go talk to her."

"I," The moment had finally arisen. I don't know what came over me, but at this moment, I felt like seeing her."I guess I can say I'm heartless all I want... but we're friends."

"Don't tell her about Callie. But talk about something else."

I squid-jumped past three sectors and landed on the first on. It was near my grandpa's cabin. Further away from it, down the pathway to the other kettles, was Tess- and her friends!

They all sat across the area. Each one of them, sat on the edge of the medium-sized island and just talked. Tess had come clean. I saw her. Tess was happy for a moment.

"Sick coat. Why didn't you ever show us?"

"It was a secret. I was always worried that Kai would figure out the electronics hidden in this thing."

"You were right to think that." The kid with the glasses spoke. "But don't worry. Now we do."

The kids went quiet again. I was debating at this moment, whether I should go and speak to Tess- until somebody spoke.

"I don't like this."

"Koy, that's how it is... isn't it?"

"That stupid octoling. If she killed Rachel... even if she killed you... I want to see her suffer!"

Everybody took notice of Koy. "You really became attached to her... huh?"

"DO YOU GET IT, TESS?!"

"Koy,"

"She was... she was our one and only piece to the big puzzle, that was our friendship group. I just can't see her gone. I- want to help!"

Now everybody took notice. I felt a pang of worry hit me against the evening sky, but the other kids spoke.

"Why don't we help you too, Tess?" It was Joe.

"Yeah... can't we?" That was Kai.

"Do it already. Or do you want us to die?" It was Koy. He had clearly stepped past his boundaries, but nobody objected.

Tess could not answer. For a fraction of a second, I could see the worry and guilt on her face. She was clearly hiding her sadness for Rachel. I took over-

"None of you will be dispatched for missions," They all jumped towards me. "That means you too, Tess."

Her eyes widened. Everybody in the group stood up. They all clearly knew who I was. To them though, it felt like they had a chance, but they did not. I could not let them find Callie.

"What the heck is wrong with you now?!" She portrayed anger.

It hurt to see their sour faces. "Your dismissed from agent 4. This time, it's real. Keep the jacket, but you can't endanger anyone else anymore."

Her anger was felt by everyone. "THEY NEED HELP-"

"SO KEEP THEM OUR OF JOB-"

"WHAT IF WE NEED HELP!?"

"We don't," I calmed down now, knowing I had just found my excuse to use on her. Although, it would mean lying to her. "I filled out the kettles and already reviewed the zapfish from them. All that's left, is the boss kettle-"

"Do it then." I stopped talking instantly. "DO IT THEN!"

In anger, she stepped forward. I had never seen her so angry, but she grabbed me by the collar of my kimono, and stared at me.

"I can't." Her fist rose up, alerting Koy to run and stop this fight. "I... need to prepare myself."

She finally let me go in reluctance. I gasped a little in relief, but her face was still filled with fury.

"Everyone- LEAVE!"

They did as she said. It was out of their control. I knew it. She knew it. They knew it.

"Are you going too?"

Instead of doing anything harmful to me. She walked to the kettle that her friends had exited in. The winds breezed past her. The sky darkened at her leave. She finally spoke:

"I escaped from death. I saved you. I turned 2 extremely hateful octolings into good people!" She was not making a good effort of reaching my sympathy, "I became your best friend!" until she said those words. "Fine then. Finish the job without me. But, if you can't do it when the electricity runs out- then I'll step in."

She had made a big sacrifice. I felt it from her speech. Rachel clicked into my mind at that exact moment. I figured it out now. Like Koy, Tess had wanted revenge originally, but was now avoiding it. She was using this as an opportunity to escape from vengeance. She was being a good person.

"Rules, set and accepted. You may be pardoned, agent 4."

Her face wrinkled into a starting storm of tears. She held it in, and left me.

______________________________________________________________________

TO BE CONTINUED...

Meet the cast:

1. Tess as the main character
2. Rachel as her best friend
3. Joe as the air-headed one
4. Kai as the smart guy
5. Koy as the rival
6. Marie as the mystery
7. The interviewer as the questioner
8. Octo oven as the first boss encounter
9. Sheldon as the weapon supplier
10. crusty Sean as the grub guy
11. Rachel's mom as the cautious one
12. purple 9 as the big octoling
13. Tess' mom as the mom
14. Marina as the kind one
15. Pearl as the sassy kid
16. Koy's mom as the strict parent
17. Koy's Dad as the chance-giver
18. Purple 8 as a trendsetter
19. Sora as the young brother
20. Luka as the older sister
21. Zen as Purple 7
22. Octo samurai as the second boss encounter
23. The teacher as the knowledge giver
24. Octostomp as the third boss encounter
25. Callie as the other squid sister
26. Octo shower as the fourth boss encounter
27. Mask as the new octoling in town

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372 0 36
A retelling of the Solo campaign of Splatoon, Splatoon 2, Octo Expansion, Splatoon 3, and Side Order Part 1 New to Inkopolis, Torvald finds himself w...
2.1K 119 36
Part 1: Silica, a 14 year old, teal colored inkling, finds her way to Inkopolis. Her cheery attitude attracted many friends and followers, and a dang...
764 25 7
Finally reaching the surface, Agent 3, Cherry, and Agent 8, Lorelei, explore the wonders of Inkopolis Square, meeting Agent 4, known as Soda, and a f...
11K 101 20
Inkopolis has just been saved once again by the Squid Beak Splatoon. Agent 3 feels suspicious about the new agent, agent 8, an Octoling. Being on man...