Goodbye my dear King

By Yaoifangirl3206

"A King who is afraid of losing his Queen..." "A Queen who will sacrifice everything to save his King..." Alf... More

The ball of the spade kingdom
A tale to be forgotten
The recognizeable suitor
Secrets of the Spade kingdom
Meeting of four kingdoms and a maid
A day without Alfred (Part 1)
Our Halloween party! (Halloween special!)
Merry Christmas!!!
Our New Years day out
First meeting of the new year
Happy Birthday Alfred...
Queen training
A meeting gone wrong part 1
A meeting gone wrong part 2
The kingdoms on our side
Getting Arthur back
First night back (smut)
Celebration of a lifetime
A mistake or the best decision of my life
I can't lose you again
Ace of Spades
Happy ending for the Spade kingdom

A day without Alfred (Part 2) (+face reveal)

604 14 16
By Yaoifangirl3206

Helloooo If you read my book Prucan, you should definitely read it, it's awesome, (*Shamelessly advertises other books*) You will realize I did a face reveal on there as well, but since this book is also very important to me, I'll do a face reveal on here too.

⚠️Warning⚠️:

In the beginning there will be a suicide scene for Mattie. I swear I will cry, but none the less, some parts are important so you have to read it. I'll say if the suicide scene is coming on.

As I say every time I make a suicidal chapter/scene please if you're struggling with depression and/or debating suicide please don't do it. I'm sure someone out there loves you and will be very sad if you were gone. I'm always there if you need to talk. Trust me I've been there and I reached out to someone who encourages me, I've as of now not self harmed in like a year. Please reach out to someone and seek help. Know that you are loved and you will be missed.

Listen to the song above it kinda fits and I'm going to cry😭😅

Anyway then let's get this show on the road!😘

Arthur's POV

I wake up from the sun shining brightly in my face. I groan as I try hiding under the blankets. By doing so I realize Alfred is still not here. I sigh sadly as I continue hiding beneath the blanket. Great another day of torture without Alfred. Luckily Francis is also gone so nothing that bad can happen. I sigh again as I feel someone tug on the blankets.

They finally got it off completely as I groggily open my eyes and realize it was Yao. "Come on aru! It's a new day with a new start! I'll help you get ready then you can help me with breakfast," Yao screamed and suggested as I groan and stand up. "Has Alfred returned yet?" I asked almost immediately. "Sorry sweetheart, but he hasn't said anything. But I guess they didn't get anything so they're going to give it a second day in hopes of getting something. Don't worry Arthur you are safe here and Alfred is alright. Probably not in the head, but physically yes," Yao smiled and assured as I nodded and notice I still had the necklace on.

He helped me get dressed and put on the wig and make up. Seriously both the make up and the wig are getting annoying! But as long as I was safe, I was happy. I helped Yao with breakfast as he softly played the radio and we quietly sang along to the all familiar songs. Soon breakfast was ready as Yao instructed me to get everything ready and he will take the task of waking everyone up.

After we all ate and all the queens kept telling embarrassing stories they had with their King. Some were funny, some were weird. But it was really funny and kept me entertained. I smiled as I suggested I'd help Yao clean everything up. I sigh as I remembered about the note I have to give Gilbert. Well he said if we ever need anything we can visit him at the clock late morning and late afternoon. Yeah I'm going to see if he is there... I hope he is since he has to know that Matthew really did feel the same way about him. If Gilbert has moved on or not, he deserves to know.

"Yao what is the time?" I ask softly. He checked on his phone. "It's 9am. Why do you ask darling?" Yao responded and asked curiously. "I have to do something late morning or early afternoon," I explained as he nodded and continued washing the dishes, me drying them off and putting them in their proper place.

After that I made my way to my room where I read my book for a while I started with legends of the diamond kingdom, since I knew so much already. Once I decided it was time to go, I placed the necklace and note in a bag and made my way to the abandoned castle. Seriously Alfred has to show me around! This kingdom is so big! I finally make out the outline of a castle in the near distance as I sigh and walk forward. Gilbert you better be there or I'll kill you. I finally made my way to the humongous castle.

I sigh in relief as I finally got there. Gilbert was no where in sight even though it is already early afternoon. I look at the clock to see if my timing was right as I glare at my surroundings. He said he will be here early afternoon or late afternoon! Where is that jerk?!

I decided to look around the castle while I wait for him to actually show up or for me to get irritated or tired and try again tomorrow, whichever comes first. I look at the huge clock as I see engravings on the side. I look at it and notice the names 'Alfred K Jones' and 'Arthur J Kirkland'. I finally realize it is the names of the previous kings and queens of the Spade kingdom. Though they looked old, like centuries old, rust forming on the names making them almost unrecognizable. I sigh as I trace my fingers over the names. If Alfred accepts me as a queen, I hope it doesn't end like it did for them...

I also notices other carvings of other kings and queens. It looks like it was a tradition for the kingdom. Something caught my eye before I could leave. There was new carvings or rather newer than the ones previous stated. It looked like it was carved in a few years ago. I examine the names as I realize who they are. "Matthew Williams" and "Gilbert Beilschimdt." With other random scribbles around it. I smile as I trace my finger over the names. Such an unlucky love...

I stood up straight, dusted myself off and walked around the, like previously stated, HUGE castle. I went into a few rooms like the kitchen, dining area and a lot of spare rooms. I finally notice a big stair case as I first test it with my foot to see if its stable. It made a creaking noise (well obviously its very old), but did seem stable enough to withstand my weight. I climb the stairs as slowly and gently as possible.

After a walked up the flight of steps I was met by a huge door and a hallway to the left as well as the right. I decide to go into the room with the mysteriously large door. I, with all the care in the world, gently opened the very old, worn out wooden door. It again like the stairs made a squeaking and creaking noise as I opened it enough to enter the room.

I looked around and immediately recognized it as the throne room. I see three chairs. A big one with a dark blue jewel on the top, a middle chair which had a light blue diamond on the top and last but not least the small chair with an amethyst in it. I carefully made my way to the thrones as I notice there were once again words carved on the chair. In order from big to small. King, Queen. Jack. Every word was nearly carved in in cursive. I trace my finger on the letters once I was close enough, making my fingers full of dust. I use my handkerchief that I still have and wiped the dust off of said fingers. I also notice two crowns placed on the King and Queen's thrones with almost like a little hat thing for the Jack.

After I was done with the room I made my way through the corridor as I was only left with 2 more doors. I first went to the one in the far left. I once again gently opened the door as I coughed and sneezed from all the dust. I look around the room and notice it is the Jack's room. I look on his bed and see there is a neatly folded note. I notice there isn't a string binding the paper, but a diamond ring, mainly used for proposal. I open it to see a love confession. I read through it and smiled lightly at the beginning, but soon the smile became sad.

I'm so sorry it had to be like this my little sunflower. I promise you in the next life we will be happily together and don't have to kill the person we loved most. I love you my cute little sunflower. I'm going to meet you soon so don't worry! I'm sorry for what I'm about to do... Even when you told me, if you're gone that I should be happy, I just can't do it without you. I'm sorry sunflower...

To: Jack of Spades, Yao
From: Your beloved Ivan.

Did he send this to the Jack after he killed him. Like a last love confession before sadness drove him mad and he decided to end it all. And I'm guessing this is the ring the King would've given to him, if he wasn't forced to kill his own lover. I sigh as I fold the note again and put it back from where it came. I look around a little longer as I finally exit the room and made my way to the room on the far right. I again opened it gently sneezed and coughed a few times and fully enter the room.

I was immediately met by the biggest room so far (exceptions being the throne room). I look around to see a big bed (Probably a King or queen sized bed), meaning it is another bedroom. Something interesting about this one though is their were two white suits on the bed with a bouquet of wilted red roses, petals covered the bed as well. The suits looked old, a light brown color due from dust to symbolize that it was no longer in use and that it has been set up like this for a long time. I have to ask Yao or Alfred about it later...

I also see right above the bouquet is a picture of a wedding. I gently pick it up and examined the old black and white foto. I see a very happy, in love couple as they were laughing while eating cake. I smile slightly as I recognize it as the previous king and queen. They looked so happy and full of life. Why did it have to end so badly to such good people. I wish they had a happy ending along with King Ivan and Yao...

I sighed as I gently put the frame down on the bed. I made my way to the clock again. I still had the note and necklace in my pocket. I still don't see the proclaimed 'Prussian' anywhere. I groaned loudly again as I was about to leave, making a mental note to come back tomorrow I hear the loud obnoxious voice. "Now, now. What is the totally unawesome queen doing here all alone?" He teased as I look up and see him sitting on one of the broken down pillars. I motioned for him to come down as he obliged. "I have something for you. I think Lovino and Alfred already have theirs. So here is yours," I handed him the note with the necklace in. He looks at me confused as he reads the letter tears forming at his eyes as his mouth hangs open.

"Is this from Birdie?" He asks his voice cracking all over the place. I nod as I look at him with sympathy. "I'm sorry Gilbert. I just thought you would appreciate his last words to you and others he cared about. I'm so sorry it had to be this way," I apologized a little as he wipes away his tears and smiles. "Can I keep this? I just want to be reminded that he loved me," he asked hopefully as I hesitated for a moment. "Uhm... Maybe I should ask Alfred and then if he says that you can keep it I'll return it to you," I answered as he nodded and handed me the note. He examined the necklace as he asks,"Is this mine by any chance?" "Yeah I think so," I responded and smiled as he puts it on almost immediately. He smiles a little and kisses it gently.

"You really loved Matthew, didn't you?" I smiled slightly as I looked at him sadly. "I loved him back then, I still love him now and I will love him forever more. I will love him till I take my last breath," Gilbert admitted as my smile fell and I looked at him sadly. "Anyway where is oh great King Alfred?" Gilbert changed the subject immediately. "He is on a hunting trip," I finally answer after a while of thinking. "Oh okay..." He answered and we continued on talking. As I suddenly thought of something.

"Gilbert can you do me a huge favor?" I asked almost pleadingly. "What is it oh great queen Arthur," he teased as I glared and then sighed. "I want to get to know Alfred better so that if he chooses me as a queen I know what he has been through as well as what his kingdom's been through. Can we probably use that clock and go back to Matthew... Doing it..." I explained as Gilbert after a while of hesitance agreed.

"Alright, but remember if you change something drastic like save someone from dying it could result in your own death. And you have the option of being visible or invisible. Do you know how this works?" He asked as I lifted my shoulders. He quickly explained to me as both of us placed our hands on the broken and worn out clock. I thought back to a time when Alfred was younger and for what he has told me about Matthew's suicide. I was suddenly greeted by a bright white light.

⚠️Suicide warning⚠️

After the bright light disappeared I look around the room to see the all familiar room, Matthew's room. The setting sun leaving the room darker, but still letting in bits of light from the remaining sunlight. I look around and notice Gilbert kneeling down and giving something of a hug to Matthew (at least a younger version of him). "Gilbert... Didn't you say we were invisible?" I asked hesitantly. "We are. I just want to hug him right now," Gilbert admitted and stood next to me after hesitantly letting go of Matthew.

I observe the figure closer as I notice a gun gently placed beside him on the table. He was writing the presumable suicide note I gave to Gilbert earlier. I notice there were tears running down his face, dripping on his paper and sometimes he placed his hand over his mouth to keep in the whimpering and sobs. My mouth was slightly ajar as I realize how similar Matthew and Alfred looks, except Matthew has a curl and Alfred has a cowlick. I suddenly recognize him. Wait isn't he the guy who showed me to the library?! Maybe that's why he told me to protect my brother!

After a while he sighs and puts his pen down. He places the necklaces on the table with the note. I notice he kissed Gilbert's one and whispered, almost inaudibly,"I love you Gilbert. I'm so sorry my queen." I start to hear quiet sobs from next to me as I see Gilbert was actually crying. "Don't worry Gilbert. I'm sure you will be alight," Matthew and I said at the same time.

After a while of just standing there Matthew finally took the gun, pointed it to his head and mumbled 'I love you' in French three times before pulling the trigger. Gilbert let out a tiny scream as he kneels down next to Matthew, crying and covering his mouth, I was just baffled by the situation. After being frozen for a while I massaged Gilbert's shoulder to comfort him. He didn't really care as he kept mumbling "I love you' in German. I sigh as the door suddenly burst open making both of us startle.

"Dude did you hear that?! It sounded like a g- AHHHHHHH MATTHEW!!!" I notice it was a younger Alfred stepping through the door, looking much more innocent than he looks now. He immediately ran to Matthew and held him tightly, just begging him to wake up and let this be a dream. Lovino was second to enter and immediately found the suicide note, reading it out loud while sobbing quietly. Finally after a while Alfred's dad came in and realized what was happening. All we saw further was everyone mourning over Matthew's death, Gilbert and I slowly joining in. Everything turned black again as we were transported back to the real world.

⚠️Suicide scene over⚠️

I open my eyes and noticed I still had tears streaming down my face. Gilbert was on his knees crying and kept mumbling 'Matthew' and 'I love you'. "I'm so sorry Gilbert," I apologized as he nodded and stood up, wiping away his tears. We stood there and talked for a while mostly just me apologized as he assured he was alright. I didn't mention Matthew's ghost, because that was either a hallucination or a worse subject to bring up. Soon it was well into the afternoon as I made my way back to the castle.

Yao greeted me, immediately noticing my sadness as he immediately started fussing asking me if I was alright. I assured him and made my way to my room. On my way there I passed a room and recognize the voices of Kiku (Queen of hearts) and Elizabeta (Queen of Clubs). Kiku seemed nice and Elizabeta seemed to be a very chill person so I decided to join them, since I don't want to be left alone after that.

I gently knocked on the door, but still it managed to be loud enough so they can still hear it. "Come in sweetheart!" I hear Elizabeta call from inside the room. I gently open the door and enter the room looking down shyly. "Can I talk with you guys for a while?" I ask quietly as both of them agreed. "Of course Alice-san," I hear Kiku reassure as I nodded and sat down at the table they were sitting out.

"Anyway so we were basically just talking of our favorite ships in anime, now we're talking about ships in real life," Elizabeta explained as I looked at her confused. "Pardon me for asking, but what is a 'ship'? I mean like what you guys are talking about," I asked as I explained slightly. They stared at me surprised. "You don't know what a ship is?! You have so much to learn my innocent friend," Elizabeta was the first to respond and smiled brightly. "Well to explain it simply a ship is a couple or two people you think would make a cute couple. For example my OTP, One true pairing or ship, is my King Ludwig and our Jack Feliciano. It means I think they would make a cute couple and I want them to get together in an actual relationship," Kiku explained as I nodded my head slightly, but tilted my head a bit confused.

He seemed to notice my confusion, because he immediately asked,"What don't you understand?" "No I understand what you mean with the ship things, but why would you like it if your king was with someone else?" I asked as he sighed softly. "Sweetheart has Alfred told you about the fate choosing a queen and king?" Elizabeta questioned as I nodded in response. "Well Kiku as well as a lot of queens and kings in history married to please fate. Don't get us wrong, we care and support our kings especially Kiku for Ludwig, but we never loved them. And plus Feliciano is so in love with Ludwig and Ludwig doesn't say it a lot, but he loves Feli. I know it!" Elizabeta explained as I nodded in understanding.

"I think that's why everyone admires Alfred so much. He wants to marry for love not fate. If he was forced to marry his fated queen, he will get to know her or him first and then decide. I think even Francis, although he doesn't show it often, wished he would've done the same. Alfred has guts to go up against fate like that since we all know the consequences are awful," Kiku admits and explains. As I suddenly realized something from what he said.

Since Francis has done all those things to me and hangs out with Alfred a lot he must've known I was Alfred's queen. That's why he asked at the meeting if Alfred has found his fated queen, since then he will know if Alfred has found me or not. Thank goodness Alfred dodged that bullet. Wait and that's probably why he admires Alfred so much, since he knows Alfred would marry me if he loved me meaning Francis can keep me if Alfred rejected me.

"I personally think you and Alfred would make a cute couple," Elizabeta interrupted as a dark blush spread across his face. "No... No I'm a simple maid and he's a King. Plus I'm sure he will like someone else better," I hesitantly answered as they stared at me surprised. "No way, I've never seen Alfred so protective of someone or cared so much for someone, I mean probably Matthew, but that's besides the point," Elizabeta encouraged as the blush grew darker. "No he doesn't. He hires a lot of maids or workers. I'm nothing special," I answer as I sigh.

"Alice-kun... Sure Alfred hires them a lot, but that's because he has a big heart who wants to help people. And he might never tell anyone this, but after his father and Matthew died, he felt quite lonely even with Yao, so he made a promise to always help someone in need. He feels lonely so he hires new people to feel less alone. And plus he had you in a meeting and was pretty protective over you which literally never happens. Plus after you ran out he, for the first time in his whole job as King, excused himself to help you. He does care for you Alice-kun. It will just take a while okay," he explained as I looked at him surprised. "Really?" I asked hesitantly as both nodded and smiled brightly. "I smell a new OTP! I smell a new OTP! I smell a new OTP!" Elizabeta chanted as I blushed darker.

We kept talking about Alfred and just about anything. They gave me tips for if Alfred declared me as queen and basically talked more about ships in every kingdom. The last couple discussed was Ivan and Yao as we all agreed something is going on between them. But we were soon interrupted by maids screaming and running outside as we stayed still waiting to hear what was wrong. I heard a voice as my eyes grew wide and I (along with the shipping duo) immediately ran to the door and downstairs, me being the fastest. "The Kings have returned and King Alfred of Spades is gravely injured!"

We finally got to the entrance as we see Ivan and Ludwig carrying a limping Alfred. He had scratches on his chest as well as a huge gash on his side, that was bleeding out rapidly. Even though all of these wounds he still had a huge smile on his face. "Ivan what happened?!" Yao asked approaching the four kings. "Well this stupid King right here got into another fight," Francis chuckled lightly as Alfred glared at him. Yao seemed to glare at Alfred, though I was panicking like crazy. My hand was covering my slightly agape lips. Oh goodness... Is he alright?! Wait what does Francis mean by 'another'?!

The tension seemed to lift a bit as everyone let out a laugh, chuckle or giggle. "Alright what happened this time Alfred?" Yao crossed his arms over his chest and looked at Alfred like a mother who is scolding her child. "Well...ouch...We were busy hunting when we saw a girl from the village getting attacked by a pack of wolves. Luckily we managed to protect and save the girl, unfortunately I got hurt in the process," Alfred chuckled nervously in response, still leaning onto Ivan and Ludwig for support. Everyone burst out laughing at this as I just stared at them surprised. Why are they laughing?! Alfred is severely hurt!

"Uhm...Alice can you quickly help Alfred bandage the wounds?" Yao requested as I nodded and helped Alfred to the medic room. Once we got there I gently sat him on the bed and went to get the medical supplies. "So are you going to kill me for not telling you about the trip or for getting hurt on said trip?" He asked in a joking tone as I glare at him in response. I returned when I got all the medical supplies. "You really are an idiot," I mumble as I started taking off his surprisingly thick cloak. (A/N I just thought of Undertale and laughed a little at that)

Alfred chuckled as he helped me, sometimes wincing in pain. He was finally shirtless after a while of whimpers and moans of pain. "C'mon Artie! I'm fine," he assures and ruffles my hair (aka my wig) slightly as I glare at him. I cleaned the wounds and then started to bandage them. "When Francis said 'another'...Did he really mean this happened before?" I hesitantly asked, the concern clearly heard in my voice. "Aww Artie are you worried about me?" He teased as I only looked at him with a mix between a glare and one of concern and sadness.

He seemed to notice the latter since he looked at me with sincerity and reassurance. "Yes it has happened before. Actually I get hurt at every hunting trip, it's become kind of a tradition. Most of the others call it karma since I want to marry for love. But at this point it has become a coincidence or even a tradition of some sorts," Alfred explained as I immediately busied myself with the bandaging so Alfred won't see the sadness in my eyes. Alfred seemed to notice since he caressed my cheek slightly. "I'm alright Arthur. I will survive this round Mother Nature!" He shouted the last hit as it made me giggle slightly. He smiled when he recognized it as I continued taking care of the wound.

Just before we were done an unsuspecting guest knocked on the door. "Is our precious King of Spades alright?" He asked teasingly, but with a tint of concern in his voice. On instinct I move closer to Alfred as he pretended to lift his arm so I can see the wound, while he actually wrapped his arms protectively around me. "I think so Francis," Alfred smiled and chuckled. "That's good. So anywayyyyy all the kings, queens and jacks are going to their kingdom. Except for Ivan who requested to stay here till morning," Francis explained. "Oh yeah and since the hunting trip was longer than expected, or for the fact that Ludwig is tired of our bs, there will be no meeting until next month," Francis once again explained our situation as both of us sighed relieved. No meetings for a month!

"Thanks Francis and I'll see ya at the next meeting, okay? Oh yeah and tell the others I say bye" Alfred responded and waved goodbye. "I will. Bye bye Alfie!" Francis waved and left. After his footsteps disappeared I visibly let out a sigh of relief. Alfred let go of me as I turn around to put away the medical surprise. Suddenly Alfred gasped loudly making me a little startled.

"Arthur what happened?! Who hurt you? Should I kill them?" Alfred asked and stood up tracing my back and it began stinging like crazy. I very visibly winced and whimpered. "Wait what are you talking about?" I ask confused. "There is a huge slash on your back!" Alfred explained in a panicked tone of voice. I suddenly remember earlier today as I hesitantly explained it to him. He looked down sadly as I surprise him with a hug. I kept assuring him it was alright till we decided to go to sleep.

We were laying in bed, just snuggled up against each other. "I missed this," I mumble and immediately covered my mouth. Alfred chuckled and held me tighter. "Me too Artie," he whispered as a blush spread across my face. It was silent for a while till I realize his birthmark was showing. It was actually beautiful, unfortunately he will never love me. I gently trace it as he lets out a strangled moan. It finally snapped in my head as I hid away in the blankets and in Alfred's chest. "I'm sorry your majesty," I apologized as he immediately assured it was alright. I finally fell asleep in his arms, with a small smile on his lips.

I missed the hugs, protectiveness, the teases, the caring looks. I missed everything. I missed my king...

HelloooooThose of you who doesn't know yet in a few week is Prucan week (30 September- 6 October), so I'll be focusing on that. But after that week I'm back. It's almost exams so updates are extremely slow, sorry😅 Anyway the moment you've probably been waiting for... My face reveal. So this is how the awesome me looks:

Not that pretty, but oh well. So till next time...

Bye bye lovelies😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 5.1K 48
"Is love supposed to feel this intoxicating?" ••• ⚠️TW: depictions of SA. Crude language. Violence. YANDERE ML! Read with care! ** means sex scenes •...
60.8K 2.5K 17
Arthur Kirkland (England) has just moved to Seattle from London. He never thought he would befriend the quirky American teenager known as Alfred F. J...
77.6K 1.3K 29
Alfred knows that since he was little he was wanted. By England and France. But it comes as a surprise that he is not only wanted, but desired. By t...
161 3 10
It was a grand scheme, the date would be months before the King's coronation, said King would be under the watch of a trusted captain and second in c...