Staying Neutral

Av Oma3wamo

[UnOrdinary Reader Insert] Mental and Physical Strength is what you need in order to survive this world full... Mer

Prologue
Chapter O
Chapter T
Chapter TH
Chapter F
Chapter FV
Chapter S
Chapter SV
Chapter E
Chapter N
Chapter T
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Insight (1)
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen: Without a Doubt
Chapter Twenty: Will She Awaken?
Chapter Twenty One: They're Lying
Chapter Twenty Two: She's Back
Help!
Chapter Twenty Three: She's Livid
IM BACK

Chapter Eleven

1.6K 70 14
Av Oma3wamo

-

"Where is he...?"

Y/n looks around the nearly empty hallways, even going to where she and John usually meet. He wasn't there to her surprise.

A bad gut feeling settled within her.

Since everyone knows that John can't be protected anymore, it's obvious he'll be targeted. So where would you beat up a cripple with no friends?

It'd make sense if he was in the hallway because it's where most incidents occur...

Agh!

I need to find a gelled haired student with yellow eyes.

Being so distracted in her thoughts, she didn't realize where she was heading and bumped her head against a blue-haired male. "O-Oh! Sorry..." Y/n worriedly says before she gets cut off when she recognizes the student. Isn't he Arlo's assistant?

"Whatever. Leave me alone," he growls, not really recognizing Y/n with her light brown hair. "You're lucky that I'm in a good mood today. Next time, I'll put you in your place." That was all he said before stalled around a corner. But strangely, his footsteps seemed to stop.

Y/n tilted her head curiously before peeking around.

"What is Isen doing?" She whispers to herself as she sees the orange-haired male lean on the window still and gaze outside. It seems like he was watching something. Knowing Isen, it must important for him to spend time on such said thing.

She activated her ability.

Now invisible to the eye, Y/n quietly walks over to the window to try and take a peek on what Isen was watching. She squints her eyes as she sees a black-haired male being cornered by a group of students. That can't be John...! She gulps. The hair was messy, which was uncharacteristic for her friend, for sure. But those bright golden eyes... were something she could never be mistaken.

Shit, that's John! He's beginning to show his true colors...

"When did you get here," Isen suddenly says as he sees the girl. Y/n flinches when she realized that she unknowingly let go of her ability. "Sorry, but I have to go," she says, ignoring the male's question. His eyes widened when he heard a familiar voice. "Y-Y/n? Is that you?" She sighs slightly before patting his shoulder and begins to walk away.

"Wait, what are you doing? Why is your hair different? I thought—"

"Too many questions," she cuts him off.

She stops in her steps before looking at the reporter with a shy smile. "I hope you know what you're doing," Y/n chuckles slightly before continuing her walk. "What are you doing here? I thought you were—"

Click!

Isen stops in his tracks as he stares at the light brown haired girl with confusion before returning back to the window sill and staring outside the window.

Y/n smirks slightly before her trotting became a sprint as she becomes determined to save her friend from those students.

-

"What the hell are you glaring at, idiot?" The purple-haired student says mockingly as he pushes John. His three friends watch amusingly behind him, obviously enjoying the show. The cripple clicks his tongue.

"Don't touch me," John mutters darkly. Not seeing him as a threat, the male student simply lets out a laugh. "Hahahahaha, 'don't touch me, ' he says? That new haircut of yours must be messing with your head!" His green eyes taunt John. "Don't forget who the strongest here is."

"I CALL THE SHOTS!" The male student says with a loud cry and lifts up his fists. "AND I'LL DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT!"

John quickly dodges the incoming punch, his eyes widened in distaste. Disgusting!

Grabbing his arm roughly, John pulls the student close. "Huh?" The male said confusingly before letting out a loud yelp as his legs were swept under him, forcing his body to tumble into the ground face first. "Ack!" A loud slam came from the impact.

John mercilessly pins his arms to the ground, a clear scowl on his face. "I said...," he begins with malevolent intent, "DON'T F*CKING TOUCH ME! YOU PIECE OF SH*T!"

SNAP!

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

A loud and agonizing screech erupted from the victim's throat as his arm was snapped in half by the brute strength of the cripple. Tears began to spill out of his eyes from the immense pain and his mouth had slight streaks of saliva. He looked absolutely pathetic. "GET OFF OF ME!!" He screamed.

"You stupid cripple!" One of his friends snarled, the pink-haired female was absolutely livid at John's actions. "HEY! LET GO OF HIM!" Another companion yelled at him, obviously distraught at her friend's pain. The blue-haired male stood there, silent and in complete fear at the scene.

Not wasting another second, both close-ranged fighters, the blonde and the pinkie, rushed towards John while the blue-haired male stood in the back charging up his ability.

John looks up from the student he was torturing with heartless and hostile eyes.

"...."

His eyes glowed a bright yellow.

Standing up, John looked onwards to the trio running up and attacking him. His orbs shined brightly and he clenched his fists, ready to fight back.

But... he remembered something.

It was just like last time.

Just like all those kids running up at him, ready to strike.

"!!!!"

His eyes widened as he remembered that dreaded memory.

~

All the other kids, bright glowing eyes with their abilities charged up... And her. That green-haired female he adored, kneeling helplessly before John with the bloody bruised bodies of her allies and companions surrounding all of them. John had a satiric look on his face as he mockingly says to her, "Did you really think that by rallying a bunch of people... you could take me down?"

She didn't say anything as she avoided his bright yellow eyes.

"Claire," he states. "I thought you had more foresight than that," John says with a smirk. "After all, you knew long before we met... that I was going to become King."

Her red eyes snapped to John with evident rage burning within. John narrows his eyes as he notices her expression. "Isn't that why you helped me in the first place? So that you could use me to further yourself?"

He tchs. "Well, you succeeded, and I played right into your hands."

"What more could you want?"

"..." She stayed silent.

John growls at the lack of reply and grabs a handful of her hair, and a loud yelp came from her mouth at the sudden pain. "ANSWER ME!!" John yells. "WHY DID YOU TURN EVERYONE AGAINST ME? WHY WOULD YOU BETRAY ME LIKE THIS?!"

"DO I REALLY MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?!"

"HAVE YOU SEEN YOURSELF?!" She snaps back and shoves his grip off of her. "LET GO!" She screamed before slapping John harshly, a loud smack echoing in his mind.

His eyes widened at her actions. "TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE BECOME!" Claire furiously shouts. "YOU'RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR REASONS TO HURT! "

"YOU'RE SO CONCEITED!"

"YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYMORE BUT YOURSELF!" A small trail of tears left her eyes as she continues to spit out the consequences of his becomings.

"YOU TYRANT!"

"YOU HYPOCRITE!"

"ALL THIS STRENGTH YOU HAVE NOW... YOU DON'T DESERVE ANY OF IT!"

John flinches. "What...?" His voice dropped to a low whisper.

"I NEVER SHOULD'VE HELPED YOU!"

"I WISH I'D NEVER MET YOU--!"

"SHUT UP!" He raises his voice, teardrops beginning to form. He was hurt.

"MAKE ME!" She retorts angrily. "GO AHEAD AND BEAT ME UP LIKE YOU DO WITH EVERYONE ELSE!"

John whips his arm out and grabs her collar, pulling her closer. His fist raised up and face was evident in anger. "I SAID...

SHUT UP!"

Before the deadly attack hit her head on, she managed to whisper with rage, "Monster."

A loud crack came from his fists as they make a brutal impact with her head, the girl's body falling instantly to the ground.

Just like old times.

~~

"You're a different person, aren't you?" Y/n's words rang into his head.

His eyes closed and the glow of his eyes disappeared. John lets out a small sigh as the anger slightly dissipates from the memory.

The pink-haired girl landed a hit on him first, her arm manging to hit his arm and cracking it. "!!"

She's over-powering me so easily! John tries to focus. A direct hit from her and it's game-over. He raises his other fists and counterattacks, landing a deadly blow to her stomach. "OOf!" Her eyes widened and she falls, clutching her stomach. John didn't have time to react before the long-ranged fighter attack him with two deadly beams. in which John easily dodges. He's the only one blocking my escape! If I take him down quickly, then--

To his surprise, the blonde-haired female pops from behind him, saying with a taunting tone, "Better watch your back."

He had no time to react. She strikes him in the back, making him cough and stumble over, but couldn't recover in time for another fist to punch him on his cheek. John staggers on the ground, glaring at the guy he broke his arm earlier. "SURPRISE MOTHERF*CKER!" His arm...

"THIS IS PAYBACK FOR HITTING ME EARLIER, ASSHOLE!!" The pink-haired let out a cry as both of her arms raised high up before letting down like a smash, slamming John's back unto the ground. Blood spits out his mouth at the direct hit.

He couldn't get up.

"Hahaha!" The purple-haired male laughs at John's despair. "Not so tough now, are we?" One of his friends grabbed John's messy hair and forces him to look up at the student.

Looking down at John, the purple-haired male continues, "Look how pitiful you are! Just stop trying to embarrass yourself and give in. There's nothing you can possibly do."

I can't focus... John weakly looks at the face. Annoyed at John's lack of reply, the pink-haired female raises up her arm. "HEY CRIPPLE! HE ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" She throws it at him, yelling, "ANSWER HIM NOW!"

Her fists couldn't reach him as they stop abruptly at a strong force. Blood spurts out her arm as she lets out a loud cry. "Are you alright? What happened?" Her friend asked worriedly as she went beside her. "I don't know! This stupid barrier just appeared out of nowhe--!"

FREEZE.

They all reluctantly turned around to the figures standing at the entrance of the alleyway, hearts sinking when they confirmed their identity. "Thank you, Arlo," Y/n says emptily as she walks calmly over to John who was laid motionlessly on the floor, and knelt down beside him. Arlo clicks his tongue before following her with arms crossed, glaring at the students who stood in fear underneath the King's power.

"Y-Y/n... You're not supposed to be here," John weakly whispers as she pulls his head to her lap. She gives him a smile. "Go to sleep."

"Ah, sorry you had to witness this mess...," the leader of the group tried to reason with Arlo and Y/n. "You see, John was annoying us... So we just wanted to teach him a little lesson..."

"You know, like put him in his place...!"

"Shut up," Y/n snaps.

A barrier was formed around the student, shrinking smaller and smaller. "Uh-Uhm, what's the meaning of this?" He said with a panicked tone. "A-Arlo? Y/n?"

"Who gave you the right to speak?" Arlo said with a commanding tone. He sets his foot on the kneeling male who was unable to move because of his barrier.

Y/n looks at the rest of the students with a disappointing look before asking Arlo, "Can you help me?" He says nothing as he quietly picks up John by the shoulder while Y/n did the other side. They both quietly leave the scene.

As they arrived at the infirmary, Y/n stops at the entrance. "Thanks, Arlo. You're pretty cool," she gives a small smile.

He says nothing as his eyes averted his gaze. "You're back."

She shrugs. "It won't mean anything. I'm not going back to classes yet since I'm still on the run."

They walk into the infirmary, both nodding with acknowledgment at the nurse. "Sir, don't worry about John. I'll patch him up this time," Y/n cuts the nurse before he could yell out curses. "Wait, Y/n?! What are you doing--"

"I'm not in trouble, I swear," she laughs nervously. "It'll only be a matter of time before they'll search here so I'll stay put until John wakes up. I feel like he's gonna get real rowdy in this place and you don't want that, right?"

"You're on the run again," he sighs disappointingly. "Whatever. Don't make a scene."

Arlo had a look of confusion evident on his face. "What do you mean Y/n?" He says with a hint of worry.

Y/n shakes her head. "I'll tell you later but only after we fix up John." She uses her free hand to pat his head (she had to tip-toe). "C'mon, kiddo."

His eyes widened at her actions. A faint blush dusted his cheeks before he slapped her hand away, making her pout.

"Stop acting like love-birds in front of my face," the nurse growls at the two.

-

Idk what Arlo's relationship with Y/n is.

I feel like he's more worried than anything honestly.

Oh, Arlo doesn't know who Y/n really is but he has an idea of her strength. That's why he gives her some respecc.

I have a portfolio to do about TKM and I haven't read the book so please give me a summary :,)

-

Unedited

-

for some reason, i get this burning rage when i read UnOrdinary which is the only thing that's keeping me writing

its so weird

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

54.5K 1.1K 23
It is senior year in the world of unOrdinary, and everything seems to be going well. New relationships are sprouting, and so is jealousy and rumors t...
43.2K 1.3K 38
It's Arlo's birthday... and he has invited everyone in the school to his big party! But it turns out to not be just a simple birthday party. Arlo's c...
35.3K 956 17
‼️D I S C O N T I N U E D (Or maybe a long hiatus)‼️ °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘯�...
3.1K 91 73
DISCLAIMER: I do not own unordinary as it belongs to uru-chan. this is just a fanfic. 2 students enroll in Wellston, One who is a cripple who is rela...