The Bluest Lion

By rawstberrysundae9

After his brother's death, it was as if Felix's heart froze over. Unable to feel, unable to love-- he grew in... More

A Lion in Love
Getting Ready
Lovesick

The Last Dance

197 10 1
By rawstberrysundae9

Authors Note: Here's the second part, hehe. Do you recognize the song?? ^^ I hope you like it!! I'm working on the next chapter already!

_________________________

Chapter Three

White Clouds

Ethereal Moon

The Last Dance

__________________________

Anna breathes in the chilly night air as she closes her eyes, feeling the passing breeze on her face.

"Hmph. I knew I'd find you here." Upon hearing a familiar voice, Anna's eyes dart open and she looks back to see Felix walking towards her.

"F-Felix? Were you looking for me?"

Almost as if realizing what he just said, Felix curses as he lowers his gaze and nervously rubs his neck.

"W-what?! Of course not! Why on earth would I be looking for you?!"

"O-Oh, sorry then."

Anna's lips can't help but form a pout as she brings her attention forward. She can hear Felix let out a sigh before he clears his throat and walks over to where she's sitting.

"Is...um.....is this seat taken?"

Anna looks up at him and she can't help but smile at his nervous demeanor. Sure, Felix wasn't the most emotionally available person and he was downright mean sometimes, but around her, he always seemed to appear much more...human. She wondered why that was.

"It's not. Feel free to take it."

Needing no further input, Felix sits down. After a few silent moments, Anna clears her throat. No response. She looks over at Felix and notices he's absently staring at the moon.

"S-So...um...it's a pretty night, huh?"

"Mhm."

Okay so much for small talk, sheesh.

After a couple more silent minutes, Anna looks up as the music from the ballroom starts playing once again.

"Oh, it seems the music started up again."

"Mhm."

Sheesh Felix, work with me here.

As the song goes on Anna can't help but find herself swaying to the beat of the music. It was one of her favorites, after all. She nervously swallows as an idea pops into her head and she glances over at Felix.

"F-Felix, um.... would you like to dance...with me?" At this, Felix turns to finally look at Anna. A confused and almost uncomfortable expression takes over his face as he stares at her.

"Dance? Err—I mean, no. Sorry, but I'm not very fond of dancing."

Anna pouts her lips as she presses on, refusing to give up. Afterall she wasn't asking for much, just a dance!

"Please, Felix! Just one dance."

"I said no. Besides why would you want to dance with me—"

"Oh, come one! Think of it as training!"

At this, Felix's expression seems to falter as he shoots her a quizzical look.

"Training? How the hell is dancing like training?"

Anna puts a finger to her cheek as she tilts her head slightly; Felix watches her intently.

"Well, wouldn't you say that dancing requires great footwork, much like swordplay? For example, when Catherine swings Thunderbrand on the field, doesn't it look like she's dancing sometimes?"

Felix crosses his arm as he ponders her statement for a few moments. He turns to Anna with a sigh as he shakes his head.

"Hmph. You have a point. Fine then. One dance. Let's go."

Felix rises to his feet and he begins to walk towards the direction of the ballroom, when Anna tugs on his sleeve. At this Felix turns around to stare at a pink-faced Anna. Anna looks down as she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Actually. How about we dance here? Just...the two of us..."

At her expression, Felix's eyes grow widened for only a second before he lets out a fake cough, masking his own emotions.

"...Fine."

__________________________

"Ow! Damnit, that's the seventh time in a row, woman!"

"I-I'M SO SORRY, FELIX! I DON'T MEAN TO KEEP STEPPING ON YOU!"

Anna blurts out as she attempts to hide her embarrassed face.

Goddess, what's wrong with me?! I wasn't like this with any of the others! Ugh, I'm making a fool of myself in front of him!

Anna shakes her head as she begins to release her grip from Felix. Felix shoots her a look as she attempts to step away from him, but he pulls her back.

"What are you doing now?"

"Actually...I'm not any good at this! Let's just stop before I crush the rest of your toes and—"

Felix rolls his eyes as he looks towards the distance, still holding Anna in his arms.

"You're impossible..."

Anna's eyes widen as Felix's stance suddenly changes. He wraps an arm around her waist and brings her closer to him. He grabs one of her arms and positions it at his waist and lifts her other hand in his as he brings his gaze to her. Anna feels her heart slam in her chest as she stares into his amber orbs.

"Just follow my lead."

As the song continues, Felix takes the lead. Anna can't help but blush at the feeling of his touch on her as he pulls her closer and farther with each chord the instruments play.

"Y-You can dance?"

"Of course, I can dance. I'm a noble, aren't I?"

At his snarky reply, Anna pouts again. Felix catches notice of this and lets out a small sigh. He pulls her closer in his arms and his tone grows low and soft, barely a whisper, but loud enough for her to hear.

"If you must know, my mother taught my brother and I when we were small. Though, if I'm honest, I've never had much of an interest. I'd find every excuse to leave when I could to practice my swordplay instead."

Anna can't help but stifle a giggle as she looks at Felix.

"Heehee, that's so like you Felix."

Felix watches her laugh and his eyes flicker down to her lips for only a second before he clears his throat and forces his attention back to the music. As the song ends, he lets go of her and begins to walk away quickly, attempting to hide his now tomato colored face.

"That's enough, I'm heading out for the night—"

Reach for my hand, I'll soar away

Into the dawn, oh, I wish I could stay.

"Felix, wait!"

Felix looks back in surprise as Anna grabs his hand. A song begins to play from the ballroom and Anna looks at him as the first piano notes play out in the evening air.

"What is it?"

Anna looks up at Felix and the moonlight shines in her eyes as she beams him a genuine smile. Felix flinches as he can only stare back into her eyes.

Here in cherished halls, in peaceful days

I fear the edge of dawn knowing time betrays.

"Felix, this is my favorite song. Please...will you dance with me? Just once more?"

"....."

Felix stares back into her eyes as she shoots him a hopeful look. She pulls on his hand as she smiles at him once again and he can feel his heart soar at the sight.

"You really are impossible...but fine. This is the last dance."

As the moon's glow casts an ethereal light upon their figures, Anna and Felix dance into the night.

As choice surrounds, come out of bounds and I can feel them breaking free.

For just this moment lost in time, I am finally me.

As Shamir's words ring into her head, Anna is lost in the depths of Felix's eyes. She's captivated by the man who stands before her, confidently holding her and swaying her in his arms. But throughout the whole song, his eyes never leave hers. Not for a moment.

It's as if time seems to slow around them as the song slowly comes to an end. Sensing the awkward atmosphere beginning to form, heat fills Anna's cheeks as she finally breaks her gaze and attempts to step out of Felix's grasp—but he stops her.

"F-Felix?"

His eyes bore into hers intently, but he doesn't say a word. She watches as his eyes narrow and seem to land on her lips. Anna's heart jumps as she watches his lowered gaze, but...she finds that the feeling she's experiencing right now—is not one she's ever felt. It's not the same she felt when Ashe held her, or even when Dimitri held her...no, this is completely different.

And it was powerful.

"...."

As if compelled by a magnetic force or the magic of the moon, Felix and Anna begin to lean into each other. Anna closes her eyes and Felix watches her as a rough hand finds its way onto her cheek.

"Anna, I-"

"Felix, I- "

"FELIX! THERE YOU ARE, FOR THE GODDESS'S SAKE WHERE HAVE YOU BE—"

At the sound of a familiarly rambunctious voice, Felix and Anna's eyes dart wide open. As if realizing their situation, they jump out of each other's arms and quickly turn their heads to see a frozen Sylvain covering his mouth.

"O-oH My gOD...I-I'M SO SORRY. I DIDN'T MEAN TO--- I---FELIX OH MY GOD----WITH ANNA--- I- OH-OH, GOD I'LL JUST LEAVE NOW! HAHA, S-S-SORRY TO INTERRUPT KIDS! PLEASE CONTINUE, PLEASE. GOODBYE."

At the sight of Sylvain running off with his tail between his legs, Anna watches as a vein throbs in Felix's neck. Felix's eyes seem to glow red as he pulls apart his ponytail and fixes it. Eventually, he silently steps away from Anna and faces the direction in which Sylvain left and pulls out his sword.

"I have to go."

".... Are you going to kill him?"

"Yes."

"Please do."

(rip sylvain)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 139K 63
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
3.4M 143K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
310K 25.2K 15
MY Creditor Side Story ပါ။ Parallel Universe သဘောမျိုးပြန်ပြီး Creation လုပ်ထားတာမို့ main story နဲ့ မသက်ဆိုင်ပဲ အရင် character ကို ရသအသစ် တစ်မျိုးနဲ...
3.1M 253K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...