At Last

De LavenderBlue04

This is my newest book, it's something New!!! I really appreciate if you guys will read it!!! Basically it h... Mais

Chapter 1: Lin
Chapter 2: Naomi
Chapter 3: Jade
Chapter 4: Bernadette
Chapter 5: Peter
Chapter 6 : Lin's Dilemma
Chapter 7: Naomi's Feelings
Chapter 8: Jade's Not Feeling so Great
Chapter 9: Bernadette Upset
Chapter 10:Moms
Chapter 11: Home Again
Chapter 12: Lin's Pure Mind
Chapter 13: Peter's Visit
Chapter 14: Naomi's Friendships
Chapter 15: Bernie's Plotting
Chapter 16: Jade's Past
Chapter 17: Lin's Turmoil
Chapter 18: Rory
Chapter 19: Naomi's Rainclouds
Chapter 20: Bernadette's Worry
Chapter 22: Lin's Recognition
Chapter 23: Bernadette's Mind
Chapter 24 Peter's Fed Up
Chapter 25: Naomi's Guilt
Chapter 26: Jade's Jumping
Chapter 27: Lin's New Friend
Chapter 28: Bernadette's Admirer
Chapter 29: Naomi's Green Eyed View
Chapter 30: Rory's Image
Chapter 31: Jade's Not Game
Chapter 32: Lin Get A Clue!
Chapter 33: Homecoming from Hell
Chapter 34: Homecoming's Still Hell
Chapter 35: The After "Party"
Chapter 36: Parents' Turmoil
Chapter 37: Bernadette Bets
Chapter 38: Jade Can't Think Straight
Chapter 39: Rory's Mom
Chapter 40: Peter's Haunted
Chapter 41: Naomi Se Réveille
Chapter 42: Lin the Escapee
Chapter 43: Bernadette's Heart
Chapter 44: Jade's Irritated
Chapter 45: Peter Pleads
Chapter 46: Naomi's Emotions
Chapter 47: Lin's Sanity
Chapter 48: Rory the Pessimistic
Chapter 49: Bernadette's Uncertainty
Chapter 50: Jade's Helping
Chapter 51: Peter's Last Straw
Chapter 52: Naomi the Big Sister
Chapter 53: Lin's Love
Chapter 54: Rory and Dove
Chapter 55 Bernadette's Friends
Chapter 56: Jade's Temper
Chapter 57: Peter's Fractured Heart
Chapter 58: Naomi's Oblivious
Chapter 59: Lin's Aware
Chapter 60: Pandoranohako
Chapter 61: Pandoranohako

Chapter 21: Jade's Confusion

84 9 42
De LavenderBlue04

I shared a look with Lin as Naomi slammed around the club room like a bat outta hell or something, she was muttering angrily to herself and I didn't really feel like interrupting her. Rory looked back at us before he hesitantly approached the raging blonde, Peter gave him two thumbs up as he nodded his encouragement, Rory gave him a dry look and rolled his eyes before he turned to Naomi smiling anxiously.

"Uh hey there Naomi... uh say where's Bernadette?" He questioned nervously, probably the only time I'd ever heard the guy use any emotion whatsoever. Naomi slammed the box of games on the desk and whirled sharply on him.
"Bernadette is no longer in this club!" She snapped sharply and I frowned.
"But why?" I question as Rory slowly backed away, slipping behind Peter.

"That's none of your concern!" Naomi glowered and I sighed this girl was high strung today.

"Lin!" A sharp voice snapped as the door banged open and I groaned, great just what we need when everyone's already on edge.
Cheese whizz and tide pod.

"Oh um hi Jenny, hi Tiffany w-what are you guys doing here?" Lin asked grimacing slightly. Ugh they were so cringy and annoying. Tiffany flicked her bright blue locks behind her shoulder and stepped up to Lin, trying to be intimidating but it looked like a Chihuahua trying to t pose a giraffe.

"We're going shopping, you're coming so let's go!" Tiffany snapped her fingers, but apparently Naomi was still in a bad mood because she shoved forward and jabbed Tiffany the tide pod in the chest and backed her out the door, Jenny was actually smart for once and just rushed out the door at the first sign of Naomi's irritation.

"In case your peanut sized brains couldn't tell, we are in the middle of a meeting, Get. Out!" She growled before slamming the door in their face.
"Well club's gonna be fun today." I whisper to Lin who slowly nods watching Naomi with wide eyes.
"Definitely."
...............

I was laying upside down on my couch reading the book Lin had suggested when the front door burst open and my moms and sisters walked in laughing about something.
I went back to my book, ready to ignore them and their loud voices.

"Hi I'm Samantha, what's your name?" The tall girl with the dark skin and almond colored eyes was smiling at me, it was the same girl I'd locked eyes with when I'd been first wheeled into my hospital room. I wonder what she was in for, her thick black hair curled around her face as she smiled so sincerely at me. "Are you gonna tell me your name?" Her giggling tone shook me from my thoughts.
"I'm Olivia." I whisper looking away from her beautiful face. I wish I could be that beautiful, I look down at my thin hands and shake my head, why'd I taken so many diet pills? Why'd I let myself faint in front of my brother and sister-in-law? Now they were going to force me to eat.
"Olivia I like that, did you know your name means olive tree?" I look up at her seeing the amusement twinkling in her eyes. I retorted instantly.

"Since when do you read?" Dana questioned dryly as she snatched the book from my grasp. I sat upright disgruntled by her interrupting at an interesting part!
"Hey give it back!" I snap reaching for it as she starts reading the back of the book ignoring my efforts of jumping up and trying to grab it.

"Ha romance novel seriously?" She chuckled just as my mom came into the room.
"Yeah seriously, now give it back!" I complain and my mom effortlessly snatches the book from Dana's hands. I groan however when she starts reading the back of the book rather than give it back to me.

"Hmmm this sounds interesting..." she mutters to herself and I groan in irritation. Why'd my family have to be so annoying?
"Mooooom give me my book!" I whine when suddenly Dana laughed softly.

"Oooh who's Lin?" She questioned tauntingly and I turned seeing her unfolding the note Lin had passed me in second hour today. (I'd been using it as a bookmark(I should've known that would be a mistake)

"N-nobody!" I snap my face was heating up badly. I may or may not have read that letter excessively since I'd recieved it. I sure as heck did not want my family anywhere near it.

My mom smiles taking the note from Dana. I feel like sleeping through the floorboards right now.
"I'd like to know who Lin is too?" She cooed teasingly and I look away irritably as my mama catches my eye.
"Alright that's enough torturing Jade." My mama teased taking the things from my mom and handed them to me. I clutched them close to my chest and glared at the floor bitterly.

"Baby I was just teasing, I haven't seen you invested in something in awhile." My mom whispered and I scowled starting for the stairs when my phone went off. "Plus it'd be so cute if you had a crush." My mom gushed and I scowled.

"I do not have a crush on Lin, she's just a girl from school!" I lie, as I avoid eye contact with them.

Moodily I slid the note and book under my arm and turned on my phone. I had two unread texts from Lin, speak of the devil.

Hi, so I know I said I could wait, but could I come over maybe? I just really need to be reading something.

I'm kind of like five minutes from your house, Heh sorry. Bernadette kind of told me your address the other day, hope that's okay...

My heart dropped to my shoes, Lin was coming here!?

I raced up the stairs dropping everything literally. My mom yelled up the stairs at me sounding so confused, but I ignored her going to my desk I began digging through what books I had.

Dream Thief, it was a scary one, but maybe Lin would like it, I heard the buzz of our gate and decided this would have to do. I tore from my room and jumped down the stairs.

"I got it!" I yelled hitting the open button, as I gasped for breath as I leaned against the wall by the door. Ugh this is why I didn't run!

A knock sounded on the door and I opened the door quickly. Lin wasn't in uniform. My brain kind of short circuited, she was wearing jeans and a long sleeved striped shirt. Her hair was in a thick braid and she flashed me a bright smile.

"Hi Jade, sorry if I'm intruding, I just got excited and I keep myself busy by reading, I didn't want to start another book right before you gave me yours." She giggled at her own explanation and I smiled slightly.
"Understood, here it is." I encourage holding the book out to her, Lin's eyes lit up as she took it from me holding it like it was some prized jewel or something than the musty book it was.

"Is this your favorite book?" She asked bouncing in place slightly. I shrug unable to stop my smile at her antics.
"I've read it like a dozen times, so yeah its my favorite. " I reason and she squeals.

"Great so then we're both exchanging our favorites! Oh have you read mine yet?" She questioned brightly and I nodded.
"I'm on chapter 3, sorry I read slow." I relent sheepishly as I rub the back of my neck embarrassed slightly, and she smiles making her dimples show.

"That's okay, I'm just glad you're actually reading it," then her smile drops slightly "None of my other friends would even give it a chance. " I reached my hand out to console her when the door opened widely behind me.

"Jade honey who's your friend? Are you going to invite her in?" My mom asked sounding hopeful and I rolled my eyes.
"Not while you guys are home." I deadpan and Lin giggles softly.

"Actually can I come in? I just chugged a whole code red mountain dew, I kind of have to pee." Lin whispers sheepishly and I groan of course she did.

"Okay, but I'm warning you my family is nuts." I whisper and she laughs softly.
"I don't mind, lead the way Oh hostess!" She exclaimed.

This was a disaster waiting to happen. She followed me towards the ground floor bathroom and stopped to smile at my family who was sitting in the living room.
"Hi it's nice to meet you, I'm Lin."
Yup total disaster I have no doubts about that .

To Be Continued...

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

21.2K 1.1K 43
"Dear Evan Hansen, Life at rehab is alright. But there's one more thing that needs mentioning; You know that guy from school? Jared Kleinman? We shou...
1.3M 75.4K 200
Evan Hansen X Connor Murphy, along with Jeremy Heere X Michael Mell. If you message me, I'll gladly do Jared X Evan! #24 in fan fiction (12/24) #1 in...
151 15 8
a story about gays this story will have angst, maybe some explicent content and s/h and some mentions of abvse. if you are sentitifve to those thing...
20.3K 422 12
"If only brothers could love each other, none of this would happen" Akia Cho is much more then she thinks. Two of the brothers are interes...