A Demon's Drink {Book Three-K...

By SpeakNoEvil

Katrina has gone through just about everything. She's lost family, she's lost friends, and she almost lost he... More

A Demon's Drink
Chapter One
Chapter Two!
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10!
Chapter Eleven!
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16!
Chatper 17 =)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19!
Chapter 20
Ch. 21 *Real One Guys!*
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter seven

1.3K 50 24
By SpeakNoEvil

“Good morning Katrina!” Harley squealed, throwing my front door wide open. I sat there on my couch and quietly sipped my hot chocolate. “It’s a pretty day for a wedding!”

“Yes, it is Harley. I don’t think you need to be quite that loud though.” Selina commented with something sounding like aggravation on the edge of her words. I still refused to make eye contact with anyone, trying to remember what happened when we got home last night.

“What do you mean Ed?” I nearly screamed at him.

“Nothing Katrina.” He sighed, running a hand down his face. “Don’t worry about it.” He started to walk off and I couldn’t bear to hear anything else. Maybe I was wrong.

“Hello! Earth to Katty!” Harley was now in my face and I jumped, sending hot liquid everywhere.

“Oh jeeze!” I hissed. “I’m sorry Harley.” I frowned. I quickly looked around and tried to help her get the stains out of her shirt.

“Don’t worry about that kitten, we’ve got to wake the sleeping birds.” Selina pointed upstairs and I nodded. I’d been too busy thinking to get anyone else up this morning. Heck, I was still in an oversized shirt and shorts. Ivy finally came in carrying a lot of bags and boxes for what I was assuming to contain our attire for the day.

“Need any help?” Chris asked from the kitchen doorway. I turned and saw he was already mostly dressed. He wore black slacks and shoes, an LSU shirt that was going to hide under his button down, and carried a cup of coffee.

“Not at all. This city is well vegetated.” Ivy cooed and the plants around the house sprang to life.

“Just make sure they don’t get dirt in my carpets.” I yawned. Ivy rolled her eyes before disappearing upstairs. “And wake Edward please!” I yelled.

“Already awake.” His voice floated from the kitchen. I looked over at Chris to see him staring at me oddly. I brushed it off and walked past him into my huge kitchen. Edward sat at the table, also mostly dressed. He wore practically the same thing as Chris, black shoes and slacks, except his dress shirt was white and already had his tie in place. “Good morning.”

“Ya, morning.” I flashed a quick smile before heading to the fridge. I grabbed the milk and started to pour a glass when he cleared his throat.

“So, how’d you sleep?” He was obviously trying to make civilized conversation and I decided to go with it.

“I didn’t.” I shrugged. “You?”

“I slept enough.” He answered flatly. I turned to him and took a sip of the milk; he looked like he hadn’t slept a wink. We sat like that for a while and I started thinking about last night again.

“What’s wrong?” I asked outright, tired of this non-sense.

“You really don’t want to know Kat, so drop it.” Edward answered harshly. I was stunned into silence as I let his sharp words stab at me. His eyes showed instant regret for being so cruel. “Kat, that’s not… I didn’t… I never meant… not this far.” He tried to make up.

“You’re thinking about last night.” Ed’s voice brought me back to the present day. Only now he wasn’t across the kitchen, he was behind me. I turned and shook my head.

“Of course not.” I tried not to give anything away but we both knew he was right. The doors burst open as John and Luna were thrown in. Edward and I instantly smiled, trying to act like normal.

“Y’all know it’s the wedding day right?” I teased them. John and Luna stood up, both looking confused and somewhat uncomfortable.

“Wedding day… Oh my gosh.” Luna breathed, her eyes getting wide. “The dress.”

“No!” Harley screamed. “Can’t talk about the dress while the boys are here!” She glared daggers at them. “So GET OUT!” She looked menacing.

“You heard the lady John, it’s time for us to take our leave.” Edward strolled over to him and they quickly left my house. Now come on, Ed and I both knew this was going to happen; Luna and John forgot to go shopping.

“I don’t have a dress.” Luna’s face was abnormally pale but her eyes held a light of relief in them.

“Don’t worry honey.” I smiled softly. “I knew you’d be too busy to get one yourself so I took care of it.” I gently grabbed her arm and escorted her upstairs. It’s a good thing I did too; she probably wouldn’t have made it on her own. Luna was shaking slightly and she was barley standing on her own. “There’s nothing to be nervous about.” I whispered in her ear.

“Nothing?” She breathed. Her voice, although hushed, was cynical; mad even. I continued to smile and pretend like I hadn’t heard the edge to her words. Being a bride is stressful stuff I guess… I obviously wouldn’t know anything about it.

“Nothing.” I nodded. “I noticed you eyeing the dress from Phantom of the Opera that Christine wears. You know, the one that she wears on stage when the Phantom also appears on stage? That one.” I tried smiling reassuringly at her.

“Yes, I know that one.” She smiled into the distance and mine grew even wider; I’d finally done something right by someone.

“Good! Now let’s go and get it on you why don’t we? I’m actually very curious to see what my dress looks like.” I smirked. Luna turned to face me with a questioning look that I answered with a shrug. “Selina took care of ours. We won’t be standing up there with you, but we’ll process in with you.” She nodded eagerly as I pushed open the door to the master bedroom.

“Finally you’re in here.” Ivy frowned at us. “Come on Luna, get into the dress.” She held up the beautifully made dress and Luna quickly grabbed it, walking into the bathroom to change.

“So, what am I wearing?” I asked the Sirens. Harley was in a very elegant looking flowing, red dress that reached her knees. She wore matching heels and had her blonde hair in tiny curls that framed her face. Ivy was in a floor length green form fitting dress that had emeralds along the sweetheart neckline. It had cap sleeves and looked quite… conservative. Her heels were killer high and the same deep green as her dress. Momma, on the other hand, had her typically short black leather dress. Unlike the other girls though, she wore black ballet flats instead of heels.

“This.” Selina pointed to a cute dress they had laid on the bed. I stopped breathing but still walked to the piece of fabric and grabbed it, walking into my own room so I could change. I closed the door and looked at my hands to see the very dress I wore for the last ball; the dress Tessa gave me. I didn’t know what it meant, why I was wearing it again for this, but I changed into it and reentered the master bedroom to see the girls smiling at a very pleased Scream Queen.

“Luna.” I smiled. “It’s absolutely gorgeous.” The silhouette the dress helped to create was perfect. The dress was simply made to be worn by her. She grinned and spun around, the skirt flaring and I could see a couple tears fall. The Sirens were quickly surrounding her, making sure she was okay and such, but I kept my distance. Something wasn’t right here. “Alright girls, we should get going to the cathedral if we don’t want to show up late.” I turned and left the room, grabbing black flats from my room, and then made my way down the stairs. I didn’t want to think on what my mind wanted to, I wanted out and I wanted out now.

--

“It’s time.” Harley smiled as the organ sounded. Selina and I opened the huge wooden double doors that would lead us to the church. Everyone stood as we started to walk down the aisle. It was a very odd wedding, the bride’s maids not matching and all, but I had to give everyone credit for effort. That and so far no one had terrorized anyone in the city. We all reached the front and waited for Luna to arrive. Her steps were purposeful but her eyes quivered with nerves. Once she stood next to Jonathan the Sirens and I left the front, heading to our respective places. We each stood guard near the different pairs of doors to make sure no one interrupted; we’re a bit paranoid okay? The priest started talking and reached the part about speak now or forever hold your peace when Edward slowly stood up. Everyone watched him as he straightened his back and flattened his tie.

“I object.” He spoke clearly. Everyone was shocked, everyone other than Luna; she looked utterly relieved.

“Excuse me?” Joker smiled.

“I said I object to the union of Jonathan and Luna.” He smirked and never broke eye contact with the girl we all thought belonged to John. And that’s when it hit me.

“Kat, that’s not… I didn’t… I never meant… not this far.”

“No.” I whispered and felt the tears roll down my cheek. I couldn’t breath, I couldn’t see, I couldn’t think; I just reacted. One minute I was in the church and the next I was running down the streets of New Orleans, trying to get far, far away.

--Last Night –

“Come on Ed, I’m fine.” I grinned up at him as we walked in the house. After we finished Cell Block Tango everyone basically just drank. I was still feeling pretty sober, but I drank more than Harvey and Joker combined; we had a shot contest. Everyone started leaving but of course I had to be the last to leave and make sure no one started any unnecessary violence.

“You drank more than any one person should. It kills brain cells and hinders abilities. Only someone that’s completely incompetent would drink so much and say they’re fine.” He frowned at me. I quickly grabbed his wrist and flipped him over me.

“I am not incompetent and I am not hindered in any way.” I nearly growled at him before registering my actions. “Oh my gosh. I’m really sorry.” I frowned, quickly helping him up. He eyed me cautiously but said nothing on what I just did.

“Well, I think I’ll retire for the night.” He said coolly.

“You don’t ‘retire for the night’ Edward.” I put a hand on my hip and blocked his entry to the stair well. I’m telling you, the alcohol seemed only to dull what weakness I had earlier. “I’m sorry for flipping you okay? I really am Eddie.” I said softly, hoping he understood that I didn’t want to fight.

“I’m not upset over that Kat.” He sighed, moving me to the side and walking past me. I quickly followed him to the doorway of his room.

“What’s wrong?” I asked outright, tired of this non-sense.

“You really don’t want to know Kat, so drop it.” Edward answered harshly. I was stunned into silence as I let his sharp words stab at me. His eyes showed instant regret for being so cruel. “Kat, that’s not… I didn’t… I never meant… not this far.” He tried to make up.

“What’s made it this far? Is it something back in Gotham? Is it something I did?” Was it Luna? I kept getting angrier, wanting answers. “What do you mean Ed?” I nearly screamed at him.

“Nothing Katrina.” He sighed, running a hand down his face. “Don’t worry about it.” He started to walk off and I couldn’t bear to hear anything else. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe things could get much worse. Maybe I was going to loose him.

Forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 57 11
Ryan saved two siblings from one or two criminals that held them at gunpoint, which happened to be the same exact store that she was falsely accused...
1.1K 32 10
❝ "You can't believe I would keep him from you for such a trivial reason..." A few minutes ago you wouldn't have believed it either. ❞ ───────── ⋆⋅ �...
10.3K 581 43
Per·plex·i·ty: inability to deal with or understand something complicated or unaccountable. The Riddler. His mission, figure out a way for the him an...
579 11 11
Cathleen was only five when it happened, when her parents died before her eyes. That night started out amazing, she had dinner with them and they wen...