Accept my love?

By chelseajadexo

Iris has been rejected all her life. By her family, her pack: everyone. So when she meets her mate will he... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
38
39

36

6.1K 203 28
By chelseajadexo

The club was explosive.

Crazily, half naked girls danced; tall, handsome men watched them move seductively; and waitresses rushed around the crowded place trying to serve all of the drunken people.

The bubbly blonde, who'd barged into my room, had convinced me and Storm to go to a new club that had recently opened. I couldn't say that I had hesitated once. The stress of the day had weighed me down, and having a wild night out sounded great. So far, it was the best night I'd had in a long time.

My bodycon dress was black, paired with strappy, raven heels. Lips were a dark crimson, contrasting against my smokey eyeshadow. I felt confident: more confident than I ever have before.

"Want a drink, darlin'?" A man questioned. His body was enveloped in a dark, expensive-looking suit. Buttons of his shirt were undone, revealing his lightly tanned chest. His hair was ginger, slicked back with a little too much hair gel. Nonetheless, he was stunning.

I stumbled with my answer, a familiar pair of green eyes flashing through my mind. Don't think about him, I repeated to myself.

"Sure," I answered, guilt crawling over me as soon as the words left my lips. Why did I feel guilty?

The guy gave me a half smile, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the bar. "What would ye' like?" He asked, his thick Scottish accent leaking into every word.

"A water, please." I blabbered, regretting my words instantly as he let out a deep chuckle.

"Water? Are ye' sure?" He smirked, looking me head to toe.

"Uhm," I stammered, gradually becoming uncomfortable under his stare.

"Know what you want yet, love?" The bartender called, waiting patiently for our order.

"I'll have me usual, and a sex on the beach for the lass." The guy said, giving me a sly wink.

My stomach churned as I received his innuendo.

"There you go," The woman smiled, carefully handing us our drinks.

"Thanks." I responded, taking a quick sip of the vibrant drink. I had to admit; it was lovely.

"What's ye' name?" The guy questioned, watching me swallow the drink.

"Grace," I lied, secretly hoping I'd never meet this man again.

"Bonnie name for a bonnie lady." He chatised, his eyes travelling up my body.

"Thanks." I answered shortly, gulping down my drink as I tried to stop conversation.

The man watched me, his permanent smirk etched onto his handsome face. "I'm Lucas; Lucas McMallan." He said, pride pouring from every word.

Finishing my drink, I pressed it against the wooden bench. "Sexy name for a sexy man." I grinned, the effect of the drink slowly crawling through my body.

His smirk only grew. "Care to dance?" He didn't give me a chance to answer, immediatly taking my hand and pulling me to the cramped dance floor.

My mood had lightened and dancing with this stunning Scott didn't seem so bad anymore. As he grabbed my waist from behind, I didn't think twice as I grinded against him. Drunken giggles escaped me now and then, making Lucas chuckle. I felt careless. I swung my hips, dancing to my hearts content with this random guy. I loved the feeling of happiness that surged through my veins.

Soon, his lips were pressed against my neck, pressing delicate kisses down it. Subconciously, my body pressed closer to his, my hands holding onto his forearms. I was in complete bliss, ignoring everything around me.

Well, I was.

Without warning, Lucas was ripped from me, causing me to tumble slightly. "What the," I started, turning around, the sight shocking me. "Fuck."

Zander had Lucas pinned against a wall, shouting fiercly into his face. Quickly, he lifted his arm, ready to throw a punch.

"Zander!" I cried, rushing to them before he could hurt anyone. "Zander, don't!" I cried again, noticing his fist paused mid-air.

Growling, he pushed Lucas into the wall, turning around to meet my eye. I gasped, noticing his glowing red eyes. Rapidly, he stalked towards me, pulling me along with him as he made his way through the curious crowd.

"Zander, please get off of me." I stated as we entered a long hallway, desperately trying to ignore the unmistakeable, cliché sparks of electricity making its way through my body.

He stopped, his muscles tensing. Without warning, he pushed me against a door. His large body towered over my short frame, making me feel vulnerable.

"Are you mine?" A croaky voice whispered, making me snap my head up. My heart stopped. Gradually, tears were building up in his now green eyes.

"Zander..." I breathed softly, not knowing how to answer.

"Why wont you believe that I love you anymore?" He asked, a rogue tear crawling down his cheek.

"Please don't cry." I mumbled, gently wiping away the tear.

"Please. Please let me explain Iris." He pleaded sadly, taking a hold of my hands.

"Zander I can't-"

"Please." He cut me off.

"Fine, whatever," I paused. "But not in public." I added, my eyes scanning the open hallway.

His hands reached behind me, one pressing against my back as he pushed open the door. "My office?"

"What?" I questioned disbelievingly, leaving his arms and entering the spacious room. "Why do you have an office here?"

"For work." He answered shortly, shutting the door and sitting down on a nearby sofa.

"You work here?" I asked, my gaze travelling around the modernly designed office.

"I own this club." He answered nervously, his fingers tapping against the arm of the sofa.

"Oh." I murmered, lowering myself into the seat adjacent to his.

It was silent. I refused to make eye contact, however I could feel his stare burning into me.

"So?" I started, hoping he would finally explain.

"I kissed her," He said, a regretful expression taking over his face. A sharp pain passed through me, no matter how many times I heard it, it would never stop hurting. "I know this sounds..." He paused, finding a correct fitting word. "Horrible? But it was for a good reason."

My eyebrow lifted, a scowl taking over my face.

"Rennie blackmailed me. If I kissed her, then everything would be safe again, and she eould leave me alone." He explained nervously, his eyes watching me intently.

"What?" I queeried, completely lost.

"She said one kiss would change everything; my saliva meeting hers would stop the new breeds growing. She made them, the half breed vampires that were murdering random werewolves and other supernaturals. I have no fucking idea how, but apparently because our kinds are forbidden to exchange any kind of romance, it would cause the creation to stop and they would all die out. Meaning, they wouldn't be able to hurt anymore supernaturals."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" I stressed, leaning forward and resting my head in my hands.

"You wouldn't let me." He replied, his features softening as my watery eyes met his.

He was beside me in seconds, pressing my body against his in a comforting hug. Tears streamed down my face as I clung to his body. I'd missed him so, so much.

"I love you, Iris." He whispered, his hand holding my chin gently. "I always will."

"I dont want us to go too fast Zander." I sniffled, "I don't think I can forgive you so easily for what you did."

"You danced with that Scott." He grumbled, his eyes suddenly searching my neck.

"But we weren't together, Zander."

"You were still mine." He concluded.

"Zander," I tried.

"You'll always be mine." He finished, pressing a chaste kiss to my tear stained cheek. "I missed you so much."

~~~

"Are we dating?" He asked.

"No." I replied.

"So we're still engaged?" He questioned, hope filling his eyes.

"No." I concluded.

"You're wearing my ring." He pointed out

"It doesn't matter. We broke up, everything ended. I'm not rushing into our relationship at all. We can just start off as friends." I tried, my voice dropping slightly at the word 'friends'.

"With benefits?" He smirked.

I scowled.

"I'm just kidding, baby." He laughed.

"Dont call me baby either." I insisted, raising my eyebrows at him.

"But you're my bff." He said sarcastically.

"Too bad." I said, trying to keep a straight face.

"I can't act as if you're my friend when I haven't had you in over a fucking year." He quipped.

"Zander..." I trailed.

"No, our relationship shouldn't be fucked up because you made yourself believe we have to wait before we go back to normal. When in fact, the only reason I had to kiss another girl was to protect our people from getting killed, I was a naive boy back then. I can promise you now, I've matured so much in a year. I know I have no acceptable excuse to have done what I did, because it is never acceptable, but I promise you it was meaningless to me and I regret it more than anything in my life. My life without you was a wreck this last year and I honestly can't cope without you any longer. I know you love me and I also know you can't forgive me, but please don't make us both suffer, baby. I love you, I just hope you'll accept my love sooner rather than later."

It took me a moment to soak in his speech before I could answer him.

"You know I will always love you Zander, no matter what." I replied, sliding my fingers into his.

"I'm so sorry, so fucking sorry." He mumbled into my hair, pressing a kiss next to my ear.

"I accept your apology." I soothed, brushing my hand through his messy brown locks.

"You do?" He asked, astonished.

"I do, but for us to work out I think I need you to do something." I told him, hoping he would agree.

"Anything." He stated quickly.

"Well, you're going to have to meet my friend Storm."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for the support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 103 24
. π‘Ž π‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘’π‘‘ π‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›π‘Žπ‘”π‘’π‘‘ π‘”π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘™ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’π‘  π‘šπ‘’π‘‘π‘–π‘π‘–π‘›π‘’. π‘ π‘–π‘šπ‘π‘™π‘’? π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ π‘€β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘™π‘β„Žπ‘Ž 𝑖𝑠 β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘‘π‘’ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ...
399K 13.8K 56
He had strength, she had powers she didn't know she had. He hated her after what her parents did to his family, she didn't know her parents were eve...
96.5K 2.3K 24
"You're not a luna. You're a rogue. Your word means nothing." Maddie says. "Alpha Kairo, I hear you don't have a luna yet. If you ever need a backup...
376 39 20
The sight of you makes me sick to my stomach." he said looking deeply into my eyes. "Then why don't you just reject me and let me go!!" I yelled with...