Staying Neutral

De Oma3wamo

[UnOrdinary Reader Insert] Mental and Physical Strength is what you need in order to survive this world full... Mais

Prologue
Chapter O
Chapter T
Chapter TH
Chapter F
Chapter FV
Chapter S
Chapter SV
Chapter E
Chapter N
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Insight (1)
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen: Without a Doubt
Chapter Twenty: Will She Awaken?
Chapter Twenty One: They're Lying
Chapter Twenty Two: She's Back
Help!
Chapter Twenty Three: She's Livid
IM BACK

Chapter T

1.6K 71 2
De Oma3wamo

-

Y/n made it to John's house undetected. She was panting and sweating like crazy; some of her hair clung to her forehead and her shirt was dampened from sweat. She had recently taken off her sweater five minutes into running with was a good choice considering that the sun was beating down on her.

Her legs were shaking.

Ding dong!

Footsteps slowly came close and opened the door. "Uhh.... Who are you?" John asks confusedly at the raven haired girl. U/n twitched her eyes. Ah... I forgot about my appearance...

"O-Oh. Sorry about that John," Y/n breathes. "It's me. Can I go in?"

"Uh... ok?"

Hesitantly, John opens the door wider for the girl to stumble in, instantly throwing away her shoes and falling face first into the couch. "Aah..... I miss this...."

"Hey," John starts, "What happened to you? Sera said you went somewhere and that you'd text us... but it's been one week."

"Where the hell were you?"

"..."

Y/n sits up straight, her noir locks messy and greasy from all that running and not taking a shower for a few days. "I'm gonna go take a shower and then I'll tell you later. Mind if I use your clothes?"

"...No it's fine."

"Thanks John," she begins to stroll over to the bathroom, before stopping, "Also."

Her eyes filled with worry. "What happened to your knuckles? I leave for a few days and you're already getting beaten up?"

He waves it off. "Don't mind it—"

"Tell me who they are."

The black haired male freezes up at her cold tone, hesitantly meeting her eyes. They showed no signs of emotion.

Something he had never seen in the two years they've met.

The most patient, calmest person he ever knew, staring at him with eyes that held no hint of humanity.

Y/n sees the feared look from John and she blinks, the frigid look instantly replaced by her usual bubbly sun rays. "S-Sorry... I didn't mean to. I'll... go now."

John watched as his gold eyes followed the black haired female goes into his bathroom and lock it. Not a minute after, the shower starts up. All in that while, he stands there for the entire time, not able to move.

It was strange. So many things has happened during a short duration of time, all had impacted negatively heavily upon their characters. The story's tone has also became darker and obviously void of emotion.

Y/n seems like a different person... Is it hair dye? Contacts?

It's strange knowing that we both seem to be hiding something. His brows furrowed in realization. Now that I think about it... Do we even know much about each other?

I know a good amount about Sera...

But Y/n had been by my side from the moment I've came here and we just sort of gotten along, right? We didn't know much about each other yet we've clicked. She's always been there to stop high-tiers, the Royals, the—

"But how?" John mumbles. They've always seemed to obey her..?

Then again, why do they listen to Y/n? She's a low-tier, right?

Why does she also seem afraid of... me?

He ruffles his hair in frustration. Though John knows that he has no right to question about Y/n's past, why is he now so suddenly worried about it?

"John."

He jolts up from the sudden voice. Leaning against the bathroom door wall, Y/n wore an oversized navy blue shirt and black basketball shorts. Her hair was back to normal to its h/c colored softness and her eyes shined e/c.

She walks over to the couch where John was sitting at before gently grabbing his hand, her thumb slowly and softly grazing his bruised knuckles. "I won't be able to go to school now... Maybe in a week, perhaps?" She tilts her head slightly before shrugging. "I dunno."

"Are you going to tell me what's up with you?"

She halts.

John sighs. "Sorry. I just... missed you."

Y/n chucked slightly. "It's just been a week John. But I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for leaving you alone there with... them." Patting his head, she traces her hand over to his bandages on his cheek and face, frowning softly at the white patches. John widens his eyes as small traces of a blush appeared on his face when his female friend was too close to comfort as she examines him. "I never realized how much we actually spend time together till we separated," she laughs slightly.

"Yeah," he says with a small smile.

"Speaking of, have you spoken to Sera lately?"

John shrugs. "My phone was broken by some students and she's haven't been online at all last time I checked."

He stands up from the couch and walks over to his table where his laptop was and opens it. She follows and peers over his shoulder before looking at his face.

The male had faint traces of anger in his eyes.

"How about you call your dad?" She suggests. He hums before tapping the contact and pressing the call button. They waited in silence for a few seconds before a deep, "Hello? John?" Answered the call.

"Hey dad," John responded. "What's up— Hm, why're you calling from your laptop? What happened to your phone?"

He hesitates. "Uhm... I dropped it down a flight of stairs and it broke." Y/n gives a narrow glare at John but didn't say anything. "Well that sucks!" His dad replied to his simple lie, "I'll send you some money for a new one, then." "Thanks."

"So, why'd you call?"

John clenches his hands. "Could you send me another copy of 'Unordinary'?"

"....."

His dad freezes from his som's request. "You know I can't do that. My editor destroyed all my remaining copies for my safety. Don't you already have a copy?"

"Why do you need another one?"

"John, is everything alright over there?"

"Tell me what's going on—" "It's nothing. Everything's fine," John says with a growl. "Gotta go now. Still have a lot of homework to finish." "WAIT JOHN! DON'T HANG UP ON ME—!"

John presses the red button. His father calls back repeatedly but the slam of his laptop shuts it off.

"John...," Y/n says softly as she sees her friend's behavior. Something definitely is up at school, and she was going to make sure that the past doesn't repeat itself again for John.

Don't get her wrong. She loves stuff like this; drama, fights, etc. but only if she's not in any way involved in it. And when it comes with people she deems close with, it gives her a small pain in her chest. Y/n knows what happened and she has a good idea of what would happen if this keeps up. John is incredibly powerful, is she says so herself, so much so that even she might have trouble taking him down.

Instead of preparing to stop the chaos, maybe you should stop the roots before the weed grows.

She hugs the male but he doesn't say anything or even move.

That's when she realized how helpless she truly was.

"I'm alright, Y/n," John mumbles into her shirt. "I should be heading to sleep now. You can take my bed."

Releasing her hold, Y/n watches with disturbed eyes as the male heads off as he prepares for some shut eye. She lets her fingers comb through her hair before looking at his laptop.

She opens it.

He would get mad if I get caught texting his dad to come here, right?

I'll just use my own contact, then.

His dad might help him, even if John thinks that it won't.

...

How should I introduce myself?

-

Y/n's soft snoring was immediately cut off from a slam of a door. She sits upright and looks at her surroundings, calming herself down when she realizes that she was in John's bedroom. She glances at the clock beside the bed and sees that it was a fifteen minutes before school meaning that John has already left.

She yawns and stretches her limbs and gets out of bed to wash herself up.

After doing her quick morning routine, Y/n turns in the TV and frowns when she realizes that they were still broadcasting her disappearance. Luckily, though, that it was an earlier picture of herself and that they used her 'old name' for bounty.

Not wanting to stay in John's house for the entire week, she wanted to check up on John at school and see how they've been treating the cripple.

She changed into a quick hoodie and sweatpants before slipping on some socks and tennis shoes and leaves the home and closes the door behind her.

"Let's see... I could always kidnap someone and take their identity or just change my looks and skip classes..." She says to herself as she sprints towards the school. "I think the first option is better but it's I feel like John would notice a random student following him..."

"Unless... They had an invisibility ability."

She smirks when she remember a certain student with such power and goes in a hunt for the male.

But she remembered how weird it was when a random kid in a hoodie and sweatpants is seen in the hallway of a private school and have some dark motives for one of their students. Don't forget security as well; the man in charge of the school's protection has an ability that acts as like an identification barrier.

This will be more troublesome than she originally thought.

-

Life is bed.

I am window

:(

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

51.4K 1.4K 39
John recently returned from his readjustment classes. And he's been different. However with his dad's continuous support and a certain book called 'U...
51.8K 1.1K 52
Seraphina is a goddess, John is (questionably) trying to be better, Remi and Blyke are giving him a second chance, Elaine is dumb while Isen is weird...
28.1K 1.1K 23
After the torture he was subjected to in the Readjustment Classes, John wasn't sure how he could bear to live with himself anymore, not after everyth...
15.2K 335 17
(Y/N), after hours of studying, finally got into Wellston Private Highschool. He wasn't all that overjoyed, he knew this place would be the same as i...