The Lost Asgardian (A Loki X...

By SammyJ67

This is a Loki x reader story. -------------------------- Excerpt: The guards flung you down at someone's fe... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13- A Royal Wedding. Final Part.
Saying Goodbye

Part 9

7.8K 269 305
By SammyJ67

Loki didn't let you out of his sight for the rest of the day. Not that you minded, given what had happened earlier. Even though the threat of a psychotic Lelornai was gone and the past was finally laid to rest, the day's events were still weighing heavily on everyone- but Loki especially.

When night fell, Loki insisted on you taking his room for the night, since the fire had damaged yours. He stayed close by your side as you walked down the hall, his hand on your back to make sure you were right there next to him. You couldn't blame him though; you were just as protective of him as he was of you.

Loki nodded stiffly at the guard posted outside of his door as the two of you entered his room. Shutting the door behind him, Loki walked you over to show you the inside of the wardrobe, saying, "June brought over some of your things for you to sleep in, and the connecting bathroom is just through that door. Um.." Loki paused, running his hand through his hair. "I'll be in a room right down the hall if you need anything, alright?"

He turned towards the door and you grabbed his warm hand, saying, "Loki, wait."
He stopped and you stepped in front of him, looking up at him as you said, "I- I really don't want to be alone tonight."

Loki looked down at his hand in yours, waiting a moment before softly replying, "Y/N, you needn't worry. There's a guard posted right outside the door."

"No, I meant- will you stay with me?"

Loki's eyes snapped to yours in surprise at the question. "I-um... I don't know if that's such a good idea, love."

Despite his apprehension, you smiled at the pet name. Rubbing your thumb over the back of his hand, you teased, "How so? As long as you keep these hands to yourself, Loki, I don't see why it would be a problem."

He cracked a smile, the tension in his face melting away at your tone. "Alright. Anything for you, love."

You beamed at him and you slipped your hand from his, grabbing your sleepwear. "I'll be right back," you said before entering the bathroom.

After changing, you tucked your hair behind your ear as you glanced in the mirror. You were a little nervous, but you mostly felt relieved. It just felt right being with Loki; it was like coming home.

You opened the bathroom door with your hand covering your eyes, playfully asking, "Are you decent?"

"Maybe, maybe not." You could hear the grin in his voice and you laughed, peeking through your fingers. When you saw that he was dressed, you dropped your hand to your side and smiled at him.

Loki's white shirt raised slightly on his back as he reached for something sitting on one of his shelves. He hid the object in his hands as he turned to face you, a mischievous sparkle in his eyes as he leaned casually against the shelf.

"What's that?" You asked curiously, taking a few slow steps toward him.

"What's what?" He teased, pretending like he didn't know what you were talking about.

"Whatever is in your hands." You raised an eyebrow as you crossed your arms, an amused smile gracing your lips.

"Oh, that. It's just a little something I made for you yesterday after training, but I'm not sure if I should give it to you. You may not like it." His teasing demeanor faded and the apprehensive tone and nervousness in Loki's eyes were hard to ignore.

Your smile faded and you walked a few more steps until you were right in front of Loki. His eyes stayed on yours as you uncrossed your arms and held out your hand. "You know, I think I'd love anything as long as it came from you."

The corners of his lips turned up into a tender smile and he placed the mystery gift in your outstretched hands. "Loki!" You gasped, your eyes taking in the beautiful necklace in your hands. In the middle of the delicate chain was the gilded tip of an arrow. "You really made this?"

Loki's voice met your ears. "Mhm. It's from the arrow you hit the target with that day. When you wear this, I want you to be reminded of how far you've come since then. I'm so proud of you, love."

Tears started to pool in your eyes and you quickly brushed them away before pulling Loki into a hug. "Thank you, Loki. I- I really don't know what to say."

You stood there in his arms for a few minutes, a soft smile on both of your faces.
When you pulled away, you looked into his breathtaking eyes and asked, "Could you put it away, please? Just until tomorrow. I don't want to accidentally break something so special."

He nodded, taking the necklace from you and putting it back on the shelf he had retrieved it from. You sat on the edge of the bed and waited for Loki to turn back around. When he did, you patted the space on the bed next to you. He sat down and you looked at the small cut on his neck as you said, "I'm so grateful that nothing happened to you today. I don't know what I would have done if..."

Loki tugged you closer and wrapped his arm around you. Tilting your chin up so you would look at him, Loki said, "You're the only reason that I'm still here. Y/N, you saved my life."

He brushed a tear from your cheek as you whispered, "And you saved mine."

You moved your hand on top of his and brought it away from your face just slightly, placing a kiss on his palm. Looking up into his eyes, there was a tenderness yet an intensity there.

Suddenly, Loki moved his hand back to your cheek and pressed his lips to yours. Your eyes closed and a warmth spread through you as your mouths moved slowly together, your hand moving to rest on Loki's chest.

The kiss seemed to end too soon, but when you parted, you were both breathless. You kept your eyes closed as Loki ran his thumb across your cheek tenderly and his silky voice met your ears as he said, "You are absolutely stunning, love."

You felt a blush rise to your cheeks and you opened your eyes to see him smiling down at you. You smiled softly back at him, wanting to remember the way you felt in this moment forever.

You spent the rest of the night in Loki's loving embrace, hoping that you wouldn't wake up tomorrow to find that tonight had been just a dream.

You were relieved when you opened your eyes the next morning and saw that you were still in Loki's room, feeling the heavy warmth of his arm draped across your waist.
If you had never been ripped away from everything you lived, every morning for the past few years could have been just like this.

Turning your head to glance at the sunlight streaming from the window on Loki's "side" of the room, you were surprised to see Loki's eyes were open with a sleepy smile on his lips. "Good morning," he whispered.

Turning over in his arms so you were facing him, you smiled. "Good morning, Loki. How long have you been up?"

Brushing a strand of hair away from your face, Loki responded, "Not long, love. You know, I have no obligations today, and I was wondering if..."

Loki stopped abruptly and you furrowed your brow. "If what, Loki?"

"If you'll spend the day with me, just the two of us. Away from the palace and everyone else."

"Of course, I'd love to. What did you have in mind?"
————————————————————
You stood next to Loki's horse, gazing up slightly at her beauty. "This wasn't what I was expecting, in a good way."

"I'll mount first and then help you up, alright?" You nodded in response and Loki hoisted himself up onto his horse. He reached an arm down and pulled you up. Your back was pressed against his chest and his arms were around you, holding the reins.

"Remind me again why I'm not on a different horse?" You grinned as Loki moved the reins and the horse began to walk.

"I thought that this week has been difficult enough for you without learning how to ride."
You could feel his chest vibrate as he spoke and his voice in your ear nearly made you shiver.

"Oh, so being this close wasn't part of the plan?" Your tone was teasing as you leaned your head back against Loki's shoulder.

"That may have been part of the reason, I admit."

"I don't mind in the slightest. I like being near you. Now that I know what it feels like.. I don't want to be away from you again."
Loki pressed a tender kiss to your temple before reassuring you, "You won't have to be."

You rode in silence for a few minutes, and then a thought popped into your mind and you couldn't shake it off. "Loki, what happens when my parents arrive?"

You felt Loki stiffen behind you. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you said that they travel a lot due to their diplomatic positions.."

Loki took a deep breath, yet answered shakily, "I tried not to think about that."

"If they departed again, I.. I don't know if I would go with them." Loki gave the reins a tug and his horse slowed to a stop.

"This is it." Loki dismounted the horse before holding his arms out to you and helping you off. You were standing in his arms and neither of you moved away. You faintly heard the sound of a waterfall rushing nearby, but you didn't take your eyes off of Loki.

He, however, was avoiding your eyes. You brought your hands up to cradle his face and said softly, "We can't avoid this, Loki. My parents will be here soon. I was going to say, I don't know if I would go with them even though I feel like.. like I owe it to them, because-"
Loki finally met your eyes and you said with one look what you couldn't bring yourself to say with words.

Loki's brow furrowed as he realized what you meant. "Do you really mean that?"

You nodded, saying, "I do, I really do. I love you."

You hesitantly stepped forward, closing the small gap between you at the same time that Loki pulled you forward.
Your lips met and sparks flew.
————————————————————————
A/N: Do you guys think that was too soon? If you do, the next part is definitely going to be too soon, so be warned! Also, I'm working on said next part. I'm so sorry that took so long, I didn't really know where I wanted to go with this story anymore, but I figured it out and we are back on track.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 15 2
"Your heart is horrible. Black. You have killed people through ignorance. Through boredom." Loki listened with his mind blank to the words tumbling f...
44.9K 1K 15
You were the daughter of a wealthy lord in the farthest village from the castle of Asgard. Even though you had everything you could ever wish for you...
111K 4.6K 100
𝟏𝟖+ *𝐒𝐦𝐮𝐭*𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧*𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲*𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫*𝐅𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟 *Complete, but in its original first draft state! Totally full of grammatical err...
67.3K 1.6K 27
You are the newest, and youngest, member of the Avengers. You love being on the team, but it comes with its challenges. Almost every night you find y...