Pain and terror (Hamilton AU)...

By Skyfirewolf123

It's years after the American Revolution has come to an end, and US treasurer Alexander Hamilton is still ree... More

chapter 1: The beginning
Chapter 2: A friend in need
chapter 3: Guns and ships and brothers
chapter 4: A painful tale
Chapter 5: Fire, fear, and guilt
Pain and Terror: Main Characters- Alexander Hamilton
Pain and terror: Main Characters- Marquis de Lafayette
Pain and Terror: Main Characters- Hercules Mulligan
Chapter 7: The Hamiltons
Chapter 8: Broken tears
Chapter 9: Shameful actions
Adams Administration: P & T version
Chapter 10: Reveille
Character animal forms
Chapter 11: Snow War

Chapter 6: The wrath of a grieving father

133 2 6
By Skyfirewolf123

"It's my fault... Pip n- never deserved to die! Everything's m- my fault!"

Burr stared at Alexander, confused. "What do you mean?" Alexander hugged his legs closer to his chest and, tears filling his eyes, buried his face in his hands. Aaron furrowed his eyebrows, rising to his feet. "Hamilton, listen to me. What did you mean when you said Philip died because of you?"

The only response he received from the Caribbean was a muffled sob.

"Alexa-"

"Monsieur Burr, may I suggest that you leave him be?" Lafayette's stiff voice came from behind Burr.

"I just wanted to try and help..."

"I'd say you've already helped enough." The Frenchman growled. "You were about to challenge him to a duel, were you not?"

Burr cringed, "Well, yes but... he and Mulligan saved my life today, why would I-"

"Guys... Please. Don't fight." Alexander shakily got to his feet and wiped his eyes. "I'm fine." He turned to Burr, "Thank you for trying to help but... I just need to be alone."

"Alex, tu es sûr? Je peux t'accompagner si tu veux."

Alexander sniffed, "Non, ça va. J'ai juste besoin de temps pour réfléchir." He looked at Lafayette and Burr's concerned faces. "Really. I'm fine."

"C'mon Laf, Burr, let's leave him be." Hercules walked up to the three men and looked at Alexander with sadness and sympathy in his eyes. Once Lafayette and Aaron had gone back to the cart, the tailor faced Alexander, who'd turned away. "There's people here for you y'know. You're not alone." The Caribbean didn't respond, only let out a shaky breath and started walking away.

"It's quiet uptown..." Alexander's voice cracked as he walked through the charred streets of uptown New York, far past caring if people saw the tears rolling down his face.

"Philip, you would like it uptown, it's quiet uptown..." He paused, a soft sob escaping his throat. "If I could spare your life, my son.... If I could spare your life for mine, you'd still be here, and that would be enough." Alexander staggered against a light pole, his sobs growing stronger. Slumping to the ground, the former revolutionary buried his face in his hands, tears dripping onto the dirt road.

"Pip... I-I'm so so sorry..."

"Mr. Hamilton?"

After a few minutes, a man's unfamiliar voice came from Alexander's side, and a hand was placed on his shoulder.

Stiffening, the Caribbean forced himself to stop crying and wiped his eyes. Then he looked up at the man and his heart seemed to turn to stone.

"George Eacker."

Alexander's voice came out as hard as ice as he stood to face the man who'd killed his son. "What're you doing here?"

Eacker frowned, his eyes narrowing. "I saw that you were upset and wanted to try and help." He crossed his arms, "But, if you're so ungrateful and cold toward people willing to help, that's your problem. Just like everything else is." He added with a sneer.

Alexander, trembling with grief and rage, took a step towards George, his hands clenched so tightly that his knuckles were turning white. "You killed my son." he snarled, "I suggest you get out of here before I do the same to you."

Eacker scoffed. "Oh, I'm so scared! This creole bastard is threatening to hurt me, how terrifying!" He rolled his eyes. "Face it 'sir', your fool son deserved it."

Alexander took another step forward, his anger mounting, "How?! How did he deserve it?! Tell me, Eacker, what did Philip ever do to you?!"

"He embarrassed me in front of my friends and challenged my word." Eacker huffed, "And, as the son of an illegitimate, that naturally means that any Hamilton's word was inferior to mine."

Alexander's temper snapped.

Flinging his fist forward, the Caribbean hit the younger man hard in the jaw, knocking him to the ground. "Don't you DARE say that our word is inferior to yours!" He screamed, eyes blazing. "Nobody's word is worth less than anyone else's! Here I thought you'd have the heart to regret your choices and change, but hell was I wrong!"

In his fury, Alexander shifted into a coyote and sank his teeth deep into Eacker's arm. The younger man screamed in pain, but the taste of blood made Alexander spiral even more out of control. Biting down harder, the coyote- turned Secretary heard the tell- tale crunch of breaking bone at the same time that George let out an agonized scream.

"STOP! PLEASE! I'M SORRY! PLEA- HELP! HELP ME!"

Alexander snarled and shook his head, his eyes dark with rage and hate.

"What the hell- Hamilton! What are you doing?!" Thomas Jefferson's distinct southern accent came from behind Alexander.

Growling furiously, the coyote felt the new president's hands grabbing at his fur and tearing him away from Eacker. Half snarling and half screaming, Alexander struggled in Jefferson's grasp, trying to get back at the young man.

"Hamilton- Ham- ALEXANDER!" Jefferson struggled to stop the enraged revolutionary. "Alexander, stop! Control yourself!"

Still ignoring Jefferson, Alexander lunged forward, his jaws snapping.

Left with no choice, Jefferson grabbed his cane and smacked it against Alexander's head, knocking him unconscious. Breathing hard, the Virginian rested Alexander- who'd shifted back into a man- on a bench.

Then he turned to George Eacker.

The young man was lying stiffly against the light pole and holding his bleeding and broken arm.

"M-Mr. President-"

"What on Earth did you do to make Hamilton do that to you kid?" Jefferson interrupted, shaking his head.

Eacker looked away, "I told him the truth about his son."

The Virginian's eyes grew wide. "Hang on- you what?! Kid, I don't even talk about his son in front of him and I'm his enemy and the president!" He groaned, rubbing his temple. "Jesus. What'd I do to have to deal with people like this? Go on, get yourself fixed up."

"Yes sir!" Rising to his feet, Eacker staggered away.

"Oh, and kid!" Jefferson called after him.

George turned to him.

"I suggest you leave the Hamiltons and their friends alone if you know what's good for you and your family. They have allies ya don't want to mess with. Consider this a warning."

Eacker snorted, a scowl growing on his face. "Who? You?"

Jefferson smirked. "Nah. I leave him to his own devices and don't mess with his personal life." His voice dropped into seriousness, and he loomed over Eacker, who shrank back. "But Hamilton can be vicious, as you should know by now. He can and will ruin anyone who does him wrong. Do as I suggest, don't provoke him anymore." His smirk returned. "And, have some respect for your president." He nodded and prodded the boy's foot with his cane. "Shoo."

Eacker bolted.

Turning to Alexander, Thomas heaved a sigh, "You'd better not wake up and maul me to death." He muttered. Gingerly picking him up, the president slung Alexander over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes and made his way to the Treasurer's home.

~ French translations ~

"Alex, tu es sûr? Je peux t'accompagner si tu veux." = "Alex, are you sure? I can accompany you if you  like."

"Non, ça va. J'ai juste besoin de temps pour réfléchir." = "No, it's okay. I just need time to think."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 1.7K 16
You are a smart, inventive, yet average college student trying to get your master degree, but you have one problem. You suck at history, American to...
17.5K 976 133
Alexandra has had a hard life. Father left her when she was ten, died in her Mother's arms right when it turned to her birthday, she was twelve becau...
203 1 7
I got the cover form Pinterest lol. Like Never Judge A Musical Before You Hear It, this book takes place in an alternate reality, in the future. Star...
3.5K 134 13
The fifth of July has been a chaotic day for America. When Irene Laizaitė comes crashing through the White House from the sky, many people had questi...