The Definition of Love

By welcometostorybrooke

Killian Jones and Emma Swan are victims of yet another curse. With Emma recently separated from her boyfriend... More

Chapter One ~ A Rude Awakening {Emma Swan}
Chapter Two ~ Before And After {Killian Jones}
Chapter Four ~ In the Clouds {Killian Jones}
Chapter Five ~ Emerging from the Pages {Henry Mills}
Chapter Six ~ Always a Gentleman {Emma Swan}
Chapter Seven ~ Forget {Killian Jones}
Chapter Eight ~ Quite Right {Emma Swan}
Chapter Nine ~ Strangers {Killian Jones}
Chapter Ten ~ Why? {Neal Cassidy}
Chapter Eleven ~ Wedding {Emma Swan}
Chapter Twelve ~ Pillage and Plunder {Killian Jones}
Chapter Thirteen ~ Is It Time? {Emma Swan}
Chapter Fourteen ~ Putting You First {Killian Jones}
Chapter Fifteen ~ New Hope {Emma Swan}
Chapter Sixteen ~ Meet my Son {Killian Jones}
Chapter Seventeen ~ It's You {Emma Swan}
Chapter Eighteen ~ The Lonely {Killian Jones}

Chapter Three ~ Memories From a Mysterious Past {Emma Swan}

296 18 2
By welcometostorybrooke

As the man's lips locked onto mine my eyes were thrust open, as if by a supernatural force. But when my eyes opened I was no longer in my Storybrooke apartment.

I staggered backwards as I took in my surroundings. There was a woman sitting alone on a chair, crying silently. Her shoulders shook as she rocked a small child in her arms. I took a small step forward and began to stretch out my arm to comfort the woman when a figure arrived in the doorway.

"It's time." I gasped. This man, this man in my dream is the same man who has his lips plastered to mine at this exact moment.

But is this actually a dream? It seems too real, almost as if this moment is a memory, a memory lost in time - my memory.

As the man walked into the room another figure, a woman, arrived in the doorway. I nearly collapse as I realize who it is; Mary Margaret - my mother.

The man helped the young woman up and she fell into his arms. Tears escaped his eyes, a waterfall of emotion. The infant child was handed to Mary - Margaret as the man pulled the woman into a soft, but passionate, kiss.

"I will find my way back to you, love," he whispered through a torrent of tears. He began to lead her out the door, but I couldn't take this anymore, I had to know who they were.

"HEY!" I yelled. "HEY! Can't you hear me?" Nobody moved. "Really," I muttered. I picked myself up and, still shaking, made my way over to the couple. I placed my hand on the woman's shoulder and gasped in pain.

The woman was me.

*How did you like it? This chapter was quite hard to write. I know where I want to go with the story, but I'm having a hard time with these "filler" paragraphs. Please remember to follow me on Instagram @welcome.to.storybrooke*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 476 14
Emma Swan has lost everyone she ever loved. One day, she meets a man who goes by Captain Hook while trying to get back to her family in Storybrooke...
16.6K 736 13
Emma Swan needs to be married by 30 in order to receive the money from her trust fund and save her failing business. Killian Jones is the thief who j...
35.7K 918 24
Emma Swan and Killian Jones are now happily married and fully embracing their new happy beginning and everything that comes with it. Two people who t...
14.8K 997 20
Killian Jones(29) had a job to protect someone but he failed. Emma Swan(28) needed a professional to protect her and her son from his father. Emma ge...