𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘 || sasusaku

ASTRAGAZER- द्वारा

❝𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚, 𝙎𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙠𝙚-𝙠𝙪𝙣.❞ ╰┈➤ IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sa... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter One: A Day With Sasuke
Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents
Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise
Chapter Four: The Girl He Would Treasure
Chapter Five: Team 7
Chapter Six: The Journey Begins
Chapter Eight: The Untold History
Chapter Nine: The Strongest Kunoichi
Chapter Ten: Mission Concludes
Chapter Eleven: A Start of Something
Chapter Twelve: Towards Sunagakure
Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again
Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks
Chapter Fifteen: Abducted
Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory
Chapter Seventeen: The First Date
Read
Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now
Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started
Chapter Twenty: Sasuke's Birthday Celebration
Chapter Twenty-One: Through Liquors and Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Crest
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Two Weeks After
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events
Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are
Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift
Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again
Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Four: Interlude-Sasuke's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interlude-Sasuke's Trial Begins
Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interlude-Sakura's Determination
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening
Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future
Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold
Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too
Chapter Forty-Three: What The Future Holds
Chapter Forty-Four: The Light that will Illuminate the Dark
Chapter Forty-Five: Home
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter Seven: The Land of Steam

20.3K 639 370
ASTRAGAZER- द्वारा

A/n (at the beginning. Sorry y'all.)

I just wanted to apologize for not uploading last week. When I thought College would be easy peasy lemon squeezy, I was totally wrong. Anyways, I will try my very best to write more. I couldn't afford to slack off in College as much as I did in High School.

A big THANK YOU FOR REACHING 1K READS!!!!!

_____

The night befalls upon Sasuke and Sakura as the forest was instantly covered in a blanket of darkness and the twinkling of thousands of lights in the sky called stars. The air also changes as the atmosphere gradually got colder but shift in the air went unnoticed by the two as they ran northward.

They only stopped once to catch their breaths, drank a bottle of water and checked the map Kakashi provided the two before they took off again.

The Land of Steam is not that far. Little is known about the place since the citizens, as far as they are concerned, rarely involve themselves in war. They are more of a pacifist in nature and would rather stay in the gray line than take sides. So perhaps the fact that the citizens were struck by a mysterious plague couldn't be a product of a terrorist group nor an underhanded attack from other nations. The Village is relatively small compared to others. The geographic location of the place couldn't also be a factor. So what could've been the cause?

But there is one certain thing that Sasuke couldn't help but ponder.

The Land of Steam. The name has a pretty ring to it. Nations and Villages were named after the thing they are famous with. So the Land of Steam must have had Hotsprings. Lots of Hotsprings. Just why did it have to be that kind of place? It's not as if this is some kind of a honeymoon or something.

For some odd reason. Or maybe not that odd. Sasuke, with all his refined glory, tripped on a pebble. He stumbled a few steps before regaining his balance as he exhaled a breath.

"Sasuke-kun, what's wrong?" Sakura asked as she stopped, looking at Sasuke with her wide big emerald eyes.

The thought about Kakashi's underhanded tactic. Could it be? But no, the Sixth Hokage would never lie about something like that. Yes, he was a closet pervert back in the days, but that just can't be.

"Sasuke-kun, do you want to rest? Though we're almost there." Sakura looked at a distance where steam was brewing. It's that close already?

Once Sasuke find out the truth, and if Kakashi is indeed lying. The young Uchiha couldn't imagine what he'll do to his former teacher.

"Let's keep going," Sasuke said as he straightened up and composed himself. They proceeded to their destination. What awaits them remains unknown. Except for one fact. If Kakashi is telling the truth and if the whole Village is indeed falling ill, then they must be extra cautious. The war may be over but evil lurks in every crooks and crannies, they may be in peace but evil always finds its way to snatch the things most precious to everyone. And Sasuke, upon reaching enlightenment through the form of fighting his only friend and losing an arm in the process, swore to protect the smiles of the next generation and create a world where his children can live in peace.

_____

What remains of the obsidian night was just a few pecks of stars and and thin moon with half its body hidden behind the cloud. However, the dawn has yet to appear, enough to tell that the night wasn't long over.

The two travellers, Sasuke and Sakura, neared the gate of The Land of Steam. Just like Konoha, the Village's gate is made of woods and it creaked as it opened revealing the town covered in steam. Despite the midnight hour, the stalls and stores were wide open and the lamps were lit of different colored lights.

Sakura glanced at Sasuke. The night isn't over so where will they stay for the time being until morning comes? She wanted to ask the question. But for some reason, she couldn't find her voice. Maybe because the inns in this Village are usually reserved for couples in their– in their– you know, honeymoon.

Suddenly, Sakura's face reddened. She shook her head. There's no time to think about it. Why was she thinking about such childish things at a time like this. The people in this Village are falling ill and she's here thinking about something so unimportant.

Before Sakura could muster up the courage and talk, Sasuke decided to speak. "Maybe we should head to the office of the Village Leader." Sasuke looked briefly at his pinkette companion and saw her reddened cheeks

"Or maybe we should rest for a bit and wait till morning. You seem tired." Because of that, Sakura's face reddened more. She looked at Sasuke and shook her head quickly as she gestures her hands no.

"I think we should gather some information about this disease." Besides, personal desires can wait later.

"I'm really worried about this mysterious disease," Sakura muttered but Sasuke still heard her. Perhaps it's in her nature. She's a medic ninja after all, the best he's ever seen. They walk in silence as they proceeded to where the Village Head is located.

Apparantly, it's located in a hotspring. Sasuke was right. The whole place is covered in hotsprings. This is perfect place for vacations. Such grandiose place, this was.

"Welcome, welcome!" The Village Head, a short old man with a bald head and white beard and a big belly, said as Sasuke and Sakura stood before him. He looks like he's always happy about anything. What a stress-free person. No wonder the Village never includes itself in war.

"You must be from Konoha, yes? Come, sit! What do you young lad and lass prefer? Tea? Coffee? We have herbal tea with sweet vanilla that will help with muscle aches. How about you? Such a beauty. I wonder if all the women from Konoha are as beautiful as you–"

Sasuke cleared his throat. A little louder than necessary. His eyes are close and his brows visibly furrowed.

He looks pissed.

"Sorry for interrupting. But we are here to assess the situation about the mysterious disease that apparently takes chakra from people in your Village. We are not here to have a chitchat about beautiful women and herbal teas."

He sounds pissed. The whole place suddenly fell silent. Sakura looked at Sasuke, to say that she's surprise was an understatement.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that again?" The Village Head asked.

"The situation. About the disease that the Villagers are suffering from."

The Village Head blinked.

"What situation?"

Silence befall them. It's as if they're standing on a very thin ice that one wrong shift of weight and the ice will crack.

The room suddenly felt cold. A dark atmosphere looms around Sasuke as his bangs covered his eyes. He's gripping his katana as he controls his breath.

"Damn you, Kakashi."

Before Sasuke could snap, Sakura's hand tapped his shoulder as she looks nervous.

"Sasuke-kun, maybe we should calm down and clear things out. Maybe it's some kind of a misunderstanding."

Sakura could never believe that their Sensei would go as far as to send them on a false mission that includes the lives of people. Even for a prank this is going too far. So before Sasuke could fly back to Konoha and beat the crap out of the Sixth Hokage, Sakura must first clear the situation. Men should control their bloodlust.

The pink haired kunoichi looked at the Village Head who was now sweating and scared out of his wits. "We were told that the Villagers from the Land of Steam are falling ill due to a mysterious disease, their chakra are being sucked and our Hokage thinks it's connected to the previous war. So can you please clarify the situation. Are you or are you not aware of this? Because it's hard to believe that our Hokage would lie about something this serious."

What Sakura said made sense, Sasuke had to remind himself of that. Either the Village Head is the one who is lying or Kakashi is trolling around.

"Because believe me when I say, something this serious can be the spark of yet another war." Sakura slammed her fist on the wooden table and it almost crack in half. The Village Head gulped visibly as Sakura showed her brute strength.

"S-sure. Actually, there are people who are falling ill, indeed. But they are not here in the Land of Steam. You see, there is a small tribe north of this Village that used to be a part of the Land of Steam. They secluded themselves in a forest and would prefer to stay out of modernization. I heard that a few weeks ago, all of a sudden the people there began to fall ill."

After processing the Village Head's words, Sasuke stood up abruptly.

"Let's keep going, Sakura," he said as he turned around to leave, the pinkette following suit.

Perhaps, if they solve this problem, maybe an untold war would no longer blow its sparks. War. Everything they have fought to protect. The lives lost during the fourth great shinobi war. The sacrifices and pain that they endured. All for the purpose of seeing the young ones smile again. And those who survived the previous war must keep fighting for the sake of the next generation.

As the dawn blooms, the wind carried the remnants of the night. Slowly the horizon lit up as the sun made uts glorious return. And Sasuke and Sakura set off towards the tribe north of the Land of Steam, what awaits them is something that history have already seen. The time way back Ashura and Indra before they reincarnated countless times up until now. Perhaps, history does repeat itself.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

122K 2.7K 23
A story about Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura's travel around the world. After more than two years of traveling for self redemption Uchiha Sasuke...
11.4K 723 34
[BOOK 1 OF THE SHARING SERIES] Two different worlds meet. Two existences collide. On the one hand, an orphan learns what love, friendship, and devoti...
3.1K 147 16
Mature: Strong Language You fell asleep one night and woke up in another world. You find yourself as Sakura Haruno from the Naruto series. Will you s...
1.7K 70 9
After months of being out of the Hidden Leaf Village, Sasuke Uchiha finally returns home to reunite with his wife, Sakura Uchiha. When called on an u...