Aroboa

By RedBeeSandAmber2

He walks too far and gets lost and can't find his way home, anymore, another white man finds him and kidnaps... More

Meet the people
Wakatongu
he walks too far
Respect
The way of us

Annabelle

5 0 0
By RedBeeSandAmber2

One day, Maryonn was walking in the forest searching for Wakatongu and Maryonnie, "Harry, Maryonnie! Mary! Maryonnie Duvile!" She calls.

Maryonnie's dad is mixed black and white, but she looks white, Annabelle, his mom, abandoned him on his white father who raped her and he went on to rape him, too.

Mr. Duvile is actually looking for his daughter, surprisingly, and she's hardly around him by his choosing.

He wants to hurt his wife for not watching his daughter but he wants to find her, first.
_---------------------------------------------+--------------------------_-------------------
The Apache lived in two types of traditional homes; wikiups and teepees. The wikiup, also called a wigwam, was a more permanent home. Its frame was made from tree saplings and formed a dome. It was covered with bark or grass.

The Apache traditionally lived in the Southern Great Plains including Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. They are closely related to the Navajo Indians. The Apache lived in two types of traditional homes; wikiups and teepees. The wikiup, also called a wigwam, was a more permanent home.

The Plains Indians typically lived in one of the most well known shelters, the tepee (also tipi or teepee). The tepee had many purposes, one of which was mobility and agility as the Plains Indians needed to move quickly when the herds of bison were on the move.

The Wickiup was generally used as a shelter by some of the nomadic Native Indian Tribes who inhabited the Southwest and the Great Basin region. The names of the tribes who lived in the Wickiup style shelter included the southern Apache, and the Great Basin Paiute, Washoe, Goshute and Bannock.

_---------------------------------------------+--------------------------_-------------------

Wakatongu's grandfather said "She's with the Diné."

His grandfather Gave him a disapproving look and said "Why is the white girl acting so nice to you?"

Wakatongu: "I've known her since birth and watched over her, that's all." He was a good brother!

Grandpa: "Why are you only protective of her?" He loves her and she's blind.

"I love her and she needs me." He says,

Wakatongu: "Who cares about that, by our time I should have seen my mom yesterday!"

Grandpa: "You really want to see you mom?" He says in a disappointed tone, like she died or something...

Wakatongu: "Is...there something off?"

Grandpa: "Yes, my grandson, we had a war with the Diné and lost her to them."

Wakatongu: "What do you mean, she's dead?!"

Grandpa: "The chief wanted her to appease the fighting, she willingly gave up herself."

Says a warrior.

He looks to the man standing directly behind him, "Where can I get my mother?!"
He asks him.

man standing directly behind him (Lucas) "You cannot. Their chief is very hostile to ours. He may not return her."

"I want my mom!" Wakatongu says.

Warrior dude (Duxe): "I know, but I hate wars."

He says coldly staring Wakatongu in his soul.

"You will find some way to bring my mother back!!!" Wakatongu says, dead serious.

"Is she held for love, treasury, or slavery? Sex?" Wakatongu asks in trror, his voice intensifies with the words sex and slavery.

"I have no idea, the chief is a woman." Dude says,

Wakatongu: "A woman...? Diné? Chief's wife?"

Duxe: "Fully possible."

Grandfather: "The Diné haven't told us anything."

"I want to bring her back, I do, but I am very afraid of retaliation." His grandfather says.
"I can talk to the woman, honest!" He says.

Duxe takes him to a Navajo house after five days of walks and breaks. There homes back then seemed more like houses.

"You are going to have to learn to live like a Diné in order to be with them and show respect, respect is different in some places." Duxe says, some things that are respectful over in other countries, but disrespectful over here, and there are some things that are disrespectful in other countries but not disrespectful over here.

This one was like a shotgun house is a house so thin that, metaphorically, if you shot it with a shotgun, everyone in the house would get shot. It's a trailer park house thin.

Duxe waited with him for an old friend, when the dude got there to see Wakatongu, nice random stranger, he screamed and asked who he was in Navajo.

Duxe: "This is a friend of mine, his Mom's here. She's a...captive." He says, not sure of the role she plays in this tribe.

the Diné, Ahiga: "OK, um, I don't know where she is."

In this story I wanted to show some Navajos not even being aware of things that happened in the past.

Ahiga: "I --" You know what he'll say -- "....didn't know there was even a new captive."

Duxe: "She's here, can you teach Wakatongu your customs."

Ahiga: "Who's Wakatongu?" Ahiga says in shock, "I am." Wakatongu says, nervously raising his hand.

Ahiga shows him their culture by action and telling,

Every culture has many different was of showing respect. In general, "in --" traditional "...Navajo culture it is considered rude to look someone directly in the eye, grab there hand and shake it strongly for a long time or put an arm around a shoulder. You don't speak loudly or with great emotion publicly. You don't tell people what to do. You may suggest what you think is correct behavior in a more indirect manner, leaving it up to the listener to decide."

Wait more than a few beats before you talk after someone has finished speaking. "...They may have more to say and it is disrespectful to jump in with your thoughts." Dude says, Personal and physical autonomy should be respected to a much greater degree than mainstream American culture. "Don't assume you know what someone would want or do, this is rude." In mainstream American culture "It might seem thoughtful but it is seen as controlling."

"You should, if you can introduce yourself first with you mother's clan or family origin, then your father's and more traditionally all four of your grandparents. Then say where you are from and then your name." Ahiga didn't just tell him that because it was traditional, it was to help him find his mom since no one knows him.

"Traditionally you don't point at people or anything else with a index finger. Usually you indicate a direction with pursed lips or a whole hand."

"There are many other things you should but this is a start for someone who is traditional." Remember some people are not traditional at all and may have more standard American manners.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 15.4K 137
Fern is the younger sister of a famous author known for 'The Promise Under The Moon.' At just fourteen, she was the first to read her sister's debut...
44.7K 6.1K 18
This is the sequel of RRR, so new readers please read it before starting this book. Agneya, the soon to be crown prince of Rakshatra, was bounded by...
94.7K 8.2K 86
Ongoing novel လင်းရှင်းလန်ဟာကမ္ဘာပျက်ကပ်ကာလမှာစွမ်းအင် 2မျိုး နိုးထခဲ့ပေမယ့် သူ့ရည်းစားနဲ့ သူ့သူငယ်ချင်းက လအနည်းငယ်စာ အစားအသောက်အတွက်နဲ့ သူမကို သုတေ...
Beyond Times By Woody

Historical Fiction

93.4K 6K 56
-"And where do I reside?" -"You reside in my heart, Priye!" Two broken souls, who endured pain and loneliness all their life. Destiny united them and...