The Best Mistake//Zach Herron

By immmrszachherron

"November 26th, 2018 the day my life changed forever..... I was having a sleepover at my friend's house and I... More

Chapter 1-The Meeting
Chapter 2- Late Night Convo
Chapter 3- Instagram
Chapter 4- Interrogation
Chapter 5- Groupchat
Chapter 6- Private Chat
Chapter 7- The surprise
Chapter 8- The Sleepover
Chapter 9- Surprise number 2
Chapter 10- Awkward
Chapter 11- Back To How We Started
Chapter 12- Album!
Chapter 13- The truth?
Chapter 14- Trust.
Chapter 15- The concert
Chapter 16- The Meet and Greet
Chapter 17- Zay
Chapter 18- End
Chapter 19-Confession
Chapter 20- New Manager
Chapter 21- Last day in L.A.
Chapter 22- Café
Chapter 23-The Problem
Chapter 24- Sleepover 2.0
Chapter 25- The truth
Chapter 26- Feelings
Chapter 27- Hospital
Chapter 28- Battle Scars
Chapter 29- Love
Chapter 30- Finally Out
Chapter 31- Car Ride and Visit
Chapter 32- The Date
Chapter 33- Saying Good-bye
Chapter 34- Adoption Story
Chapter 35- Freedom has a Cost
Chapter 36- Chances
Chapter 37- Moments
Chapter 38- Hanging out
Chapter 39- Gotta Go
Chapter 40- Leaving....
Chapter 41- Decisions
Chapter 42- Rescue
Chapter 43- Escape
Chapter 44- Stories of the Past
Chapter 45- Origins
Chapter 46- Back to a Hospital
Chapter 47- Dealing with Death
Chapter 48- Daniel's Date
Chapter 49- Moving on?
Chapter 50- Eight Months Later
Chapter 51- Issuses
Chapter 52- Reunions and Realization
Chapter 53- New Life
Chapter 54- Fixing Things
Chapter 55- Fairytale
Chapter 56- Disney Princess
Chapter 57- Tour Life
Chapter 58- Wedding
Chapter 60- The Worst Mistake
Sequel Update
Sequel!!

Chapter 59- Zay....again

851 23 39
By immmrszachherron

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiìii........thank you for being here. Ok bye-

Jus kidding. We all know you are most likely being forced.So welcome back.

READ THIS♡

I am doing this thing where I am going to ask a why don't we related question and you comment the answer and I will say the correct answer in the next chapter.

Answer to the last question

What was the first song released from the 8 letters album?

Hooked

No more questions since the book is almost finished.

________________________________________________________________________________

Previously on The Best Mistake.

"Well, I heard him say his phone died right before we got back so I guess his phone is off and charging." He explained to me. I mean it makes sense so I asked, " Well, can you take me to him so I can tell him?" I asked him and he groaned before getting up. "I love you." I said to tell him I appreciate him getting up. He walked a little and then switched the camera away from his face when he got to Zach's bedroom door. He slowly opened the door, only for me to see my boyfriend making out with the one and only Kay Cook. Again.

**************************
Tiffany's P.O.V.

I end the call and threw it on my rug as I felt sadness and frustration filled my body. I brought my knees to my chest and rested my head down as I feel the tears rolling down my cheeks continuously and the burn in my eyes and throat from trying to hold them back. In the end, I gave in and my sadness took over. 

I cried for hours but finally I was able catch myself. I decided to put on a hoodie and go get some ice cream to fix my depressed state. I wore a plain black hoodie and pulled the hood over my head and a little over my face so that you couldn't see that I was crying.

I made my way out of the hotel, and started walking to the nearest ice cream shop. I realized that the nearest ice cream shop is the one I used to go when I was a kid. It's the ice-cream shop that Harvey and I met. When we were dating, we both went through a lot at shit so we decided that this is where we would meet and talk. We would get ice-cream and talk. We even made a rule that once we are in this ice cream shop we can't lie to each other.

I walked into the ice-cream shop and almost immediately all the memories came flashing back. The ice cream shop was empty so I bought my ice cream and I sat in the same table where Harvey and I met for the first time and in the same chair I did. My back was to the door and I was facing a wall. 

The day Harvey and I met.

I was just bashed from my dad and even though my mom was sticking up for me, I was really hurt so I took some money from my savings and ran away from home. I ended up in this ice cream shop that was not too far from home. I bought myself some ice cream and sat in a chair facing a wall and with my back facing the door. I sat there and I cried. I cried it all out. The pain. The hurt. The fears. Everything. I sobbed.

I was broken from all my thoughts by a voice which seemed to be coming from behind me.

"Hey, are you okay?" The voice said. I didn't turn around cause I didn't want them to know I was crying. "Yes," I said trying hold back my tears but my voice still sounded shaky.

I heard footsteps and before I knew it, there was this really cute guy standing I front of me. Can't stay the same for me.

"You don't seem ok." He said ask he sat in the seat opposite me.

"It's just some family stuff but it's fine. Thank you though.. um.." I started but then realized that I don't know his name.

"Harvey. I'm Harvey." He said to complete my sentence. I smiled and replied, "I'm Tiffany."

The present.

I eat my ice cream and finally let all the tears out. All the memories flashing in my head. Zach. All the things we went through to get in a relationship and now you are telling me that after all of that, he is just going to ruin it by making out with that slut. More tears fall as I think of when we met, our first date, when he asked me to be his girlfriend. Was all this just a joke to him.

"Hey, excuse are you okay?" I hear a voice say breaking me out of my thoughts. Almost immediately I recognized the voice. Harvey. Irony love to play me apparently.

"I'm fine." I said while trying to disguise my voice but apparently it didn't work.

"Tiffany? Is that you?" he said as he walked in front of me. He realized I was crying. This isn't good. He said down opposite me and said, "Ok, what's wrong?" And as much as I wanted to just let it all out, I held it in and said, "nothing."

Harvey didn't exactly want to take that as an answer. "Do you remember all the times we came here right?" He said and I nodded thinking he was moving on from me crying. "Well we made a promise right here. Don't tell me you intend to break it now after all these years." He continued. I looked him in the eye and realized he was genuinely concerned.

"Zach cheated on me." I blurted out without second guessing. I stared at the table as I hung my head in shame.

Bang

I raise to see Harvey's fist against the table. "That bastard never deserved you and I'm going to make him pay for hurting you." He said getting ready to fight someone.

"You don't have too. It's fine. I just don't get how I could be this stupid. I should have seen this coming. Love like what I had for him is never mutual. I should have foreseen the fact that us being together was to good to be true. " I say to him as more tears start streaming down my cheeks. I close my eyes in hopes of stopping them but instead I felt to hand hold me near my jaw and two soft fingers pass below my eyes. I slowly open my eyes to see Harvey standing in front of me.

"You are not stupid. He's stupid for not seeing the amazing girl he had in front of him. If your love didn't last then it was never meant to be. True love finds a way back to each other. He was never worth your time anyway." Harvey said to make me feel better and I don't know if it was what he said or how he said it but I felt this weird feeling that I only ever felt for Zach.

Zach's P.O.V.

I sat on my bed and think back to all the wedding festivities and Tiffany really did avoid me for most of it. What is wrong with me? Is this all my fault? I felt the salty tears roll down my cheeks and I feel like our relationship was fading away. I pulled the bottle of liquor from under my bed and took a shot. I have been drinking non-stop since the day after the wedding. The burn of the alcohol burned my throat as I feel some stress fading away so I did it again.

While I was thinking, my door cracked open, I jumped up,  wipes my tears and the bottle back under my bed thinking maybe Tiffany came back to surprise me. Disappointment washed through me when a girl with blonde hair popped her head in.

"What are you doing here?" I say as I sit back on my bed.

"I just came to...uh.. to get...uh.." she tried to explain but just kept stuttering so obviously she came here for clout. I mean that's what she has been after since day one.

"You know what, it doesn't matter why I am here but I am so tell me why you are crying." She said trying to change the topic. "Why I am crying is none of you business. So get out of my property." I said angrily but she obvious didn't get that cause she came to sit next to me.

"Is this about Tiffany?" She said and just by mentioning Tiff, I broke. Tears streamed like rivers down my face of just the thought of this actually happening. Even though, I was drunk through all of this, I remembered everything even though I wasn't thinking straight at the time.

"What happened and have you been drinking?" Kay said and I knew denying it was dumb but I was drunk so I tried, "No. Why would I be drinking?"

"I'm not stupid, I could smell the alcohol. You would be drinking because something happened between you and Tiffany, talk to me. "she said trying to convince me but even drunk, I knew telling her is a terrible idea so my drunk, stupid self said, "Our relationship is perfect, we are not drifting apart. We are getting closer together if it's anything." Obviously it came out sarcastically. Well shit. Then my drunk self ranted about almost my entire relationship.

I guess Kay realized I was totally drunk because she took advantage of me. "What a shame. If it was me, we would not be the same."  She said as she got closer and at first I backed up a little. Her lips crash on mine and then my drunk self took over and kissed back.

"What the f-" I heard by the door and I pulled back.

"Jo- Jonah it's not what it looks like. Lemme just explain and yes I will explain to Tiffany but let me do it. Don't tell her." I ranted out but I see the steam coming from Jonah's ears.

"Oh she knows, I was on facetime with her and I switched the camera for her to see you since you weren't answering." Jonah said before walking closer to me and as he walked closer, I saw Kay slipping herself out.

"I am going to beat you to pulp for hurting her." Jonah said as he cracked his fingers. He punched me which threw me to the ground. Then he got over and continued to beat while yelling things like, "you don't deserve her. She's to good for you. The pain you're feeling is nothing compared to what she is probably feeling. You just played over and over again." But despite all the horrible things he was saying to me, I couldn't fight back cause it was all true and I deserved this.

Soon enough, one of the boys heard Jonah's yelling.

"What's going o- woah." Daniel said before running up to us and pulling Jonah off me.

After that we cleaned ourselves up then Jack called an emergency band meeting when everyone found out Jonah and I fought.

Jonah told them what happened and obviously everyone went against me but Corbyn made sure that I got a chance to explain. I was all sobered up by then too so I started, "At Jack and Alex's wedding Tiffany seemed to be distant from me and you guys. I could tell she was faking her smiles and I thought it was my fault. I thought I somehow messed up our relationship which I actually did now but anyway, I have been drinking non-stop and I was drunk. She took advantage of me cause I wasn't in enough control of myself. I know that's not a good enough excuse but it's the truth." I explained myself to them.

"Okay so here's what you need to do." Corbyn said as he got up from the couch he was sitting on. "You need to fly yourself to Trinidad and you need to explain yourself and apologize.  I am not saying she'll get back together with you but it's a start."

Tiffany's P.O.V.

Harvey and I hung out at the ice cream shop for a while before he walked me home. Well back to the hotel. After dropping me off. He kissed my cheek and left.

I laid in my bed and scroll through my phone (non- social media apps) and my mind was actually clear from all the drama and the cheating and I was living in the moment. The I heard a knock on the door.

"I guess Harvey forgot something." I murmured to myself as I headed for the door. I opened the door and that's when I saw him. I am looking into his eyes for the first time since he cheated and I don't think I know how to act. Zach was standing right in front of me, bruised on his face and body but as much as I wanted to ask about it and help him, I couldn't help but remember how he hurt me and very very lowkey thought he deserved it. 

"What do you want?" I ask him. "I'm sorry and I know that it really doesn't change what happened but I want you to know that Kay took advantage of me while I was drunk." He explained and I replied sincerely, " You were drinking?" He paused for a moment and said, "I was because I thought we were avoiding me at the wedding. I thought I did something." He started to rant but I tried to stop him. "Zach I-" I tried to start but he just continued, "and I know that's not an excuse but I needed you to know that I wish it never happened." 

"Zach, stop-" I said in a quiet voice. "I love you and I  want to be with you not her. I am sorry that all of this happened in the first place but I need you to know how much I care." He continued. 

"It's not your fault." I said which actually did stop him for a second before starting back again. "It's Kay's fault but I should have never kissed back, drunk or not. I just really thought that you were going to break up with me because of the way you were avoiding me the entire time you were in L.A." 

"I was ignoring you." I screamed out drawing his attention to me. "I was avoiding you because I didn't know how to tell you. I have cancer Zach"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is dedicated to one of my internet best friends who just started a book so go check it out. It's amazing.

This book is coming to an end. But I might do a sequel sooo yeah. comment and tell me if you want a sequel.

Well......... I guess you have to wait till next chapter to see what happens.

Hey guys...... hope you are enjoying the story. Don't forget to vote, comment and SHARE.

Y'all can message me if y'all wanna be friends or if u have an idea for the book you wanna share with me. My dms are always open.

THANK YOU FOR 33K READS❤
AND FOR 800 VOTES. (:

HOPE YOU GUYS CONTINUE TO SHARE MY BOOK

And it was at number 1 in the hashtag #beautychickee and I am still very grateful so thank you guys.

I hope you enjoyed or are enjoying my crap.

2615 words

Anyway,
See you next chapter

You're beautiful. You're one of a kind. SMILE MORE.

And........

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.8K 1.2K 77
@jackaverymusic followed you. @jackaverymusic commented: qt started: 9/2/17 ended: 12/12/17
20.6K 378 31
Y/n: 20 Singer James: brother hates Daniel 23 Daniel: ex high school bully 21 Corbyn: don't know yet 22 Jonah: don't know yet 22 Jack: don't know y...
157K 8.1K 97
Seventeen year old, Alyssa Paul is in love with her best friend, Zach Herron. She wants him for herself but is that possible? With her "sociopath" b...
77.1K 1.1K 41
Y/N lived in New York City with her best friend Christina Marie (also known as beautychickee). They both attended FIT university. However, to get the...