Red Like Blood And Roses (RWB...

By MFC4Graafschap

(Y/N) got adopted as a kid by the Xiao Long Rose family, only to be met with nothing but abuse, neglect and s... More

Prologue: Quite Literally A Hell Of A Life
Chapter 1: The Winds Of Change Are Blowing
Chapter 2: A Birthday And The Birth Of Freedom
Chapter 3: The Demons Are Close
Chapter 4: Entering Safe Grounds
Chapter 5: New Life
Chapter 6: A Signal Of Movement From The Past
Chapter 7: Sharpening The Weapons For A Close Call
Chapter 8: There's No Brian On The Way To Beacon
Chapter 9: Arriving At A New Place
Chapter 10: Initiations Cause Quite Some Trouble
Small important note
Chapter 11: First Day, First Big Discovery
Chapter 12: Discoveries Piling Up
Chapter 13: Reasons Matter
Chapter 14: Being Broken Breaks Things
Chapter 15: After The Shards
Chapter 16: Being Forgiven Takes Time
Chapter 17: The Weekend Party Part 1
Chapter 18: The Weekend Party Part 2
Chapter 19: Bursting Bubbles
Chapter 20: Disturbance
Chapter 21: A Serious Case
Chapter 23: The Problem With Division
Chapter 24: The Way It Is And Was
Chapter 25: New Faces
Chapter 26: Quiet Storm
Chapter 27: Nice While It Lasted
Chapter 28: Only Fools And Optimists
Chapter 29: What's It Like To Win Part 1
Chapter 30: What It's Like To Win Part 2
Chapter 31: Day To Day
Chapter 32: Victory Again
Chapter 33: Talking And Other Activities
Chapter 34: Always Something To Worry About
Chapter 35: Fighting For Safety
Chapter 36: Chaos
Chapter 37: After ...
Epilogue: Happiness Is Easy

Chapter 22: Talking Helps

14.1K 132 263
By MFC4Graafschap

(Y/N) POV

We sat down under the tree and to be honest, I was expecting her to ask some weird question that I didn't see coming. But when she asked me what I assume she wanted to ask me, after a minute of silence, I actually felt that question was a reasonable one.

Pyrrha: "Hey, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N): "Yeah?"

Pyrrha: "What was that all about during breakfast after the party?"

(Y/N): "What do you mean?"

Pyrrha: "Oh come on, don't act stupid, I saw it."

(Y/N): "Saw what? I seriously don't get what you're on about."

Pyrrha: "When Ruby asked if our teams could all hang out together that day, you said something about an assignment that didn't exist and then looked at Jaune hoping he'd cover it up for you. What was that all about?"

(Y/N): "Oh that... Nothing important really, don't worry about it."

Pyrrha: "If it was nothing important you wouldn't have acted that way... Listen, if something is wrong, you can talk to me about it. I told you so before, me and my team will be there for you if need any of us."

(Y/N): "*sigh* Well, ok, but can you promise me something?"

Pyrrha: "Sure, what is it?"

(Y/N): "To not tell anyone about it? I'm not comfortable talking about it to be honest..."

Pyrrha: "That's ok, I'll promise you that. Can you tell me now?"

(Y/N): "Ok then... You know how Ruby and Yang grew up together, the whole family thing, right?"

Pyrrha: "Yes, I think they told me that sometime. And if not, Yang sometimes basically screams Ruby is her little sister when she's hugging her, so yeah, I'd know it anyway if I was even in a 50 mile radius of them."

(Y/N): "*chuckle* Yeah, I guess that's true... Well, I used to be part of that you know?"

Pyrrha: "Wait, they're your family?"

(Y/N): "Used to be... I was adopted by their parents, Tai and Summer once..."

Pyrrha: "So, they're not your biological family?"

(Y/N): "Nope, not in the slightest."

Pyrrha: "But why don't you spend more time with them then? I'd say growing up around them creates a bond of some sorts at least."

(Y/N): "Well, it would've, but I didn't spend my entire childhood with them you know..."

Pyrrha: "That makes even less sense to me then... Why avoid them if you possibly haven't seen them for years?"

(Y/N): "That's the point, I want to avoid them. I don't want to be near them."

Pyrrha: "I'm starting to think I was right about this... Why don't you want to be near them?"

(Y/N): "Just something that happened in the past."

Pyrrha then grabbed my hand with hers, which shocked me a bit and I probably had a bit of a blush aswell. She looked at me and smiled as if to say everything would be alright.

Pyrrha: "Hey, what did I tell you? I'm here for you, I already promised you I won't tell anyone if you don't like me to tell anyone."

I looked at her and it was clear she was serious about it all. And since she doesn't seem like someone who would break her promises, I decided to tell her.

(Y/N): "Alright then... They used to beat me senseless if I didn't do everything they asked me to do... I probably broke my ribs more often when I was with them, than the average huntsman or huntress will do in their whole career. Ruby and Yang participated in that... I ran away from that house when I was 8 or so, on Ruby's birthday... She slashed my whole leg open with some scythe they gave her as a present in the afternoon of that day. After running away, I was adopted by Ian's family. They actually care about me. They're like the family I never had at the Rose Xiao Longs... After that, I did see Ruby and Yang at Signal, but I ignored them and they didn't talk to me most of the time, which is good."

Pyrrha then did something that surprised me... A lot. She hugged me.

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry you had to go through all of that... But it's ok now, they won't do anything funny and if they even try to I'll stop them before they can even touch you."

(Y/N): "T-thanks..."

I was stuttering a bit because of the sudden hug and probably also even more red than a glass of tomato juice. Yes, tomato juice exists. Yes, people actually drink that. Yes, I tried it and it tastes like shit, but that aside for now. Pyrrha then let go of me and looked at me.

Pyrrha: "Is that why you don't want to see them anymore? Because you're afraid they'll start beating you again?"

(Y/N): "Partially... It's also a closed chapter for me. I don't want to be reminded of them. The scar on my leg is already enough."

Pyrrha: "That's ok, I understand. I assume you don't want to hang out with them either?"

(Y/N): "Their teammates, Blake and that Weiss girl seem nice... I just don't want to do anything with them. The fact they and the others from back then are constantly annoying me with me having to forgive them for bullshit reasons since they 'found me again' is already something I don't want. So being around them at free will? No thank you."

Pyrrha hugged me again and then let go of me and also of my hand now. It surprised me she was holding that all the time, but I shrugged it off as probably just some sort of trick she wanted to use to calm me down or assure me it was going to be alright. Still, it was nice she tried.

Pyrrha: "That's ok... I won't tell anyone. If they ever hit you again, just call me ok? I didn't win those tournaments without a reason you know."

I chuckled a bit at this, I probably was the only one who would find it funny, but on such a moment, any attempt at a pun probably would manage to make me laugh, instead of landing on deaf ears.

(Y/N): "Thanks. For all of that."

We stayed silent for a bit, which quickly got awkward.

Pyrrha: "I, eh, still got some homework to do back at my dorm, sorry."

(Y/N): "So do I. Well, not at your dorm of course, at mine, but I also gotta go back."

She giggled a bit, probably because of the poor word choice.

Pyrrha: "We can do something in my dorm aswell you know ~"

(Y/N): "S-such as?"

Pyrrha: "Making homework? What else did you expect?"

(Y/N): "I don't know, that's why I asked you."

Pyrrha: "Fair enough... Ah well, my dorm is here, cya later?"

I looked up and saw we indeed reached team JNPR's dorm. Mine was further down the hallway, so this meant goodbye for now.

(Y/N): "Yeah sure, see you tomorrow probably."

We waved, said our goodbyes and then she went in. I sighed and resumed my walk towards my own dorm. Wondering why she would even talk to me in the first place, I unlocked the door of my dorm, walked in and locked the door behind me again. It's just a little sort of manner me and my team have. Just lock the dorm so no one annoying can get in without having to knock first. I saw Mike sitting at a desk with a screwdriver, some small glass balls, of which one was coloured a bit black-brown-ish and an short and thing iron tube.

(Y/N): "What are you doing?"

Mike: "I'm upgrading the door."

I look at him confused, since I doubt you can even upgrade a door with that. He seemed to understand my confusion and looked at me, screwdriver in one hand, the little tube in the other.

Mike: "You see, when someone knocks now, we have to open the door in order to see who it is. But I'm going to change that with some simple stuff."

(Y/N): "Explain, I don't get it."

Mike: "Now, you see, Simon is going to drill a hole inside the door, around the height of our eyes. I will make the tube around the thickness of the door and put two of these glass slices in. The coloured one on the outside, so people can't see it's there. While really, we can just lurk who is there, without having to open the door."

(Y/N): "Now I get it, that's pretty smart actually. But do you think it's allowed to do such stuff? I mean, we might get in trouble for this..."

Mike: "Oh come on, be real, they let team CRDL inside this school, they probably will get some subsidies or subventions from the government for those dumbasses and other accidents. Plus, it's not like a new door will cost them millions and millions of lien."

(Y/N): "Fair enough I guess... Need any help?"

Mike: "No, me and Simon got it. Why don't you check up on Ian? I think he's still a little confused about his dream and that semblance of his."

(Y/N): "Sure, I'll see what I can do."

I walked to the kitchen, where Ian was sitting at the table, staring at the wood it was made of confused.

(Y/N): "It's a nice puzzle isn't it?"

Ian jumped up from his thoughts. Maybe he was so developed in them he didn't notice me walking to him.

Ian: "(Y/N)! Stop scaring me dude, I could've gotten a heart attack."

(Y/N): "You're too young for getting a heart attack. What were you thinking about?"

Ian: "I still can't fully get into the fact I possibly saved Beacon with some stupid dream."

(Y/N): "No, your semblance and you are going to save Beacon, not some dream, that's just an instrument. Oh, Ozpin told me to not let you eat any carrots by the way."

Ian: "I see he told you that aswell? Heh, I don't even like carrots."

(Y/N): "I don't like them too much either, but they're healthy I guess... Anyway, that aside, I doubt you're 100% worrying about the dream itself, so what else is on that mind of yours?"

Ian: "Well, if you really must know, in that dream you mentioned me having a girlfriend..."

(Y/N): "I did? Did I say any specific names?"

Ian: "Nope, you didn't. I'm just still confused by it, since I don't like anyone that way and the attack is supposed to happen this year. And what if it's all true? What if I can't save her?"

(Y/N): "We will, you're alarmed by the dream and now you'll keep an eye out, it'll be ok. Next sunday, we're going to set out a strategy and we'll chop all those nasty Grimm in half."

Ian: "Yeah, I think so..."

Mike: "Guys! Come look, I think we managed to do it!"

Ian and me stood up from the table and walked towards the door, where Mike and Simon were standing, proud looks on their faces.

Simon: "We present to you: the great doorspy!"

Mike: "Or peephole for normal people!"

Simon: "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"

Mike: "Nothing, just show them it's working as planned."

Simon walked outside, closed the door an knocked. Ian looked through the peephole and looked happy.

Ian: "Looks like it's working. Here, (Y/N), have a look yourself."

I looked aswell and indeed saw Simon standing there. Simon and Ian and me switched places, so we could see how it looked from the outside. The hole was barely visible from the outside, so it was a total win. We then decided to finish our homework, so we wouldn't get in trouble. And after dinner, we went to sleep, since it was an early day tomorrow: we still had class, which sucked.

Ian POV

I woke up in a dark mist and everywhere around me was thick black and grey smoke. A small light was somewhere in front of me, but it was hard to determine how far it actually was from me, due to the smoke. I started to walk towards it and then saw it getting bigger. This meant I was getting closer to it. The suddenly, it seemed to speed up towards me and I was hit by it. I was literally on fire now, turns out it was a fireball. As I was running around in panic, I finally found what seemed to be water and jumped in it, causing the fire to be put out. Sighing in relief from the sudden coolness the water had, I now noticed four shadowy figures walking towards me. As I was getting closer they didn't have any face, just colours...

Ian: 'What the...'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 517 26
[DISCONTINUED] So this is going to be my first MaleReader abused and neglected story. I will be using an oc for this just to let you know. But anyway...
5K 99 26
In This Story, We Find A Little (Y/N), In His Adoptive 'Father's House, Weeping From The Pain Again. That Was The Usual For Him, His Dad, Sisters And...
104K 1K 13
a/n: y/n xiao long was adopted by taiyang and summer when ruby was 4 yang was 7. when y/n was adopted he thought that his life was gonna be better. b...
283K 3.6K 36
A young boy was found and adopted by a family. As anyone thought the child would have a normal life, boy they were wrong. After an incident he left h...