Mysteries And Mayhem ✔️

By AdriannaRaines3172

FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL FANTASY, ROMANCE, MAGIC, STORIES UNDISCOVERED AND SPECULATATIVE FICTION PROFIL... More

Welcome to Mysteries and Mayhem
Awards won by Mysteries and Mayhem
Cast
Character Aesthetics
Playlist
Teaser
Trailer
Prologue
Chapter 1: "Death is only the beginning."
Chapter 2: New Faces, New Secrets
Chapter 3: She who shall not be named
Chapter 4: One of us.
Chapter 5: Cause Two Can Keep A Secret
Chapter 6: Vow of Secrecy
Chapter 7: Good Offence is the best Defence
Chapter 8: To the Lioness's Den
Chapter 9: The Other Side
Chapter 10: A New Beginning
Chapter 11: Smitten
Chapter 12: Envious
Chapter 13: The Hunt
Chapter 14: Outwitted
Chapter 15: Venomous
Chapter 16: Parasomnia
Chapter 17: Obsession
Chapter 18: Nirvana
Chapter 19: Remember
Chapter 20: Skulls and Roses
Chapter 21: Thorngate
Chapter 22: Room Number 245
Chapter 23: Believe
Chapter 24: Love. Be Afraid.
Chapter 25: Trust the Instinct
Chapter 26: This Might Hurt
Chapter 27: Lose Your Mind
Chapter 28: Can't Go Back
Chapter 29: To Hell and Back
Chapter 30: Inseparable
Chapter 31: Confession
Chapter 32: Magnetic
Chapter 33: Goodbye
Chapter 34: Trapped
Chapter 35: The Saviour
Chapter 36: Betrayal
Chapter 38: Fight and No Flight
Chapter 39: The Secrets We Keep
Chapter 40: A Truth Untold
Chapter 41: New Beginnings, New Enemies
Chapter 42: A Wild Ride
Chapter 43: Mysteries of the Past
Chapter 44: The Devil Himself
Chapter 45: Broken Promises
Chapter 46: In the Dead of Night
Chapter 47: The Secret of the Blackwoods
Chapter 48: Death Call
Chapter 49: Back from the Dead
Chapter 50: A Walk Down Memory Lane
Chapter 51: All Work and No Play
Chapter 52: Here's to a Merry Christmas
Chapter 53: Uninvited
Chapter 54: Where Dreams Come True...
Chapter 55: ...And so do Nightmares
Chapter 56: Once in a Lifetime
Chapter 57: A Night To Remember
Chapter 58: One Way Or Other, Death Comes For Us All
Chapter 59: To Those Who Came Before
Chapter 60: The Last Night
Chapter 61: When The Two Worlds Collide
Chapter 62: And All Hope Seems Lost
Chapter 63: The Witches Shall Reunite
Chapter 64: To End The One, Who Deserves it Most
Chapter 65: The End...?

Chapter 37: Revelations

128 27 74
By AdriannaRaines3172

Dedicated to the awesome AshleshaBhagat and omg_Crystal_22 for being so supportive of this book! God knows what I would have done without you fantastic readers. So, without any further ado, let's dive into it, shall we?

_______________

Rosalyn's POV

"How long have you known?" I asked Kristen, folding my arms.

"I swear- I came to know about it accidentally just like you did," Kristen answered.

"Care to elaborate?"

"One day, I was returning from my archery practice when..."

______________

Kristen's POV

The road was too dark for me to see clearly. I decided to walk back home since it wasn't too far away. All of a sudden, I heard a distant moaning. In reflex, I turned my eyes in the noise's direction. Pinned to one of the trees in front of me were the bodies of two people, seemingly a man and a woman making out. I decided to pass by unnoticed.

When I passed by the tree, the moans turned into wails. On turning back to look at the tree, I encountered a dreadful sight. The woman's back was facing me, as a result of which I could make out the manly figure's mouth on her neck, biting into her skin, drawing out blood.

"Stop!" I warned before drawing my arrow out of my quiver and aimed it at the figure and shot it in his direction. It hit him on the shoulder before he staggered a few steps back.

"Ugh..." he grunted. The moonlight shone on his face as I could make out the familiarity in his features... He was Damien. My eyes widened in shock.

His fangs receded as he stared in my direction. "Kristen--"

"Don't you dare come near me!" I threatened him.

"Kristen I can explain. Just give me a chance to," he begged, clutching his upper arm where the arrow protruded out of his skin.

"How can you possibly explain being a bloodsucker, huh?"

"It's not as it seems."

"It seems pretty clear that you were killing that woman right before of my eyes!"

"I wasn't killing her! I was only feeding off of her with her permission."

"Way to tell a lie Damien!" I scoffed.

"... Fine! I might've compelled her into letting me drink her blood."

"That's the same as forcing her! A small part of me always thought that you were good, but you're nothing less than a demon!" I screamed.

"I'm not a demon!" he shouted.

"I... I need to inform Rose. Your entire family is a lie! Vincent, Aurora, they're all liars!" I said taking out my phone.

"No, please Kristen don't. Rose and Vincent are finally getting along. I have never seen my brother as happy as he is now. Please, don't do anything to break them apart."

I considered his point for a moment, and decided not to let Rose know about it. I had seen the happiness she experienced with Vincent around her. I don't want to ruin that.

"Fine. I won't tell her anything."

"Thank you, Kristen," he said, nearing me.

"Don't you dare come near me."

"Kristen I'll never harm you! I didn't drink your blood when it was right on my lips."

"That doesn'7t explain anything. You're a monster, a demon, and nothing's gonna change that!" Saying so, I stormed off the scene, never looking back again.

_____________

Rosalyn's POV

"So you kept his word. You valued this... creature more than me?" I asked.

"I had no other option! I didn't want anything to come between you and Vincent."

"Well, it did anyways!" I said grabbing my bag, preparing to leave.

"Rose, please, wait," Vincent said.

"Don't come after me, or I swear to God, I will kill you in cold blood!" I threatened him and left.

_______________

I ran outside, as far as possible from the Blackwood's mansion. However, I did not know where to go. Amber was sick and I didn't want to burden her with what happened to me. Moreover, what was I going to tell her anyways? The people whom I trusted the most turned out to be nothing less but a petty gang of liars? I terribly needed someone who would understand me and my problems at this moment. To worsen the matter, it started pouring heavily. I cursed under my breath. Suddenly, it hit me. There was someone whom I could share my thoughts with.

___________

Ding Dong...

The doorbell chimed before Morgan opened the door. "Rose, what are you doing here in the rain?"

"Can I please come in?" I asked.

"Yeah of course," he said, letting me in and closing the door behind him. I sat on one of the couches in the living room, my wet clothes drenching its material. Morgan came in with a blanket from his bedroom and wrapped it around me.

"I'm gonna get you some coffee," he said, making his way to the kitchen.

Around fifteen minutes later, he returned with a steaming mug. Handing it over, he sat down beside me. "What happened?" He asked.

I took a large sip of the coffee- its warmth spreading inside me like a furnace.

"Everytime, the people whom I love the most, whom I trust the most, either die or cheat on me," I felt the hot tears trickling down my face.

"You can share anything with me, alright? I'm right beside you," he said, rubbing my back.

"You don't know how relieved I feel hearing those words from you. It's just that... I don't know whom to trust anymore," I looked up at his emerald green eyes, my voice cracking.

"Hey, you can trust me, okay? I'll never betray you," I felt his warm breath on my cheek. He wiped off a tear from my face, his touch soft as a feather. "I'll never harm you," he assured.

I felt the heat creeping up my cheeks, his embrace melting me. I felt my lips on his at the next moment- soft, delicate, desirous. It was all that I needed- comfort and a sense of security, which I found in him. He kissed me back, holding me still, his one hand on my waist and the other on my face. The kiss felt dreamy. Finally, we pulled apart.

But how can I do this to him? He might get hurt now that I care for him. I cannot let that happen!

Thoughts raced in my mind- warnings of what might happen after this.

"I... I can't stay here," I said, shrugging the blanket off me and grabbed my bag.

"But Rose--"

"Please. Don't. I just need to be alone." I stormed out of his house and on to the road again.

____________

Kristen's POV

"It's all my fault. I should have let her know about all of this in the first place. Things would've been so different," I said between my sobs leaning against Damien's shoulder.

"It's not your fault. She would've come to know about it, anyways," he said while rubbing my back.

"Vincent, did she pick up the phone?" I asked.

"No," he said, still trying to call her again.

"Why do you even care? You are the reason she is not here in the first place," Stella said.

"Stella can you please just sh--"

Suddenly, my phone rang. It was Morgan. "Hello?"

"Hi, Kristen?"

"Yes?"

"Is Rose with you?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"She was here a few minutes ago. She said she needed to be alone and then left. Is everything alright?"

"I... Yeah, everything is fine. I-- I need to go," I ended the call. "I think I know where Rose might be," I announced.

"Where?" Vincent asked.

"At the Stafford's Bridge. After her parent's death, she would often go there. She used to say that she felt calmer at that place."

"There's no time to waste," Vincent said, making his way to the front door.

"Vince wait. I'll come with you," Aurora said.

"No, please don't. It's because of me that she's in this condition. Only I can fix it," he said before grabbing his car keys and driving away.

_____________

Rosalyn's POV

I stood on the Stafford's Bridge, the cold air piercing into me like swords. The rain had finally stopped, but the pain in my heart did not. I will never be good enough. I only bring bad luck to the people whom I care about. My parents died protecting me. Amber tries her best to teach me magic. But what if I am not ready for any of it? What if I don't have what it takes to defeat my enemies? I don't know who will be truthful to me. I cannot trust anyone. I am only a burden!

Standing at the edge of the bridge with the flowing river a thirty feet below me, I stretched my arms. I wanted to end this suffering... by ending myself. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes, ready to do what I was supposed to.

"Rose!" someone caught my lower leg. Turning around, I found it was no one but Vincent.

"Let go of me!" I said while trying to yank my leg away.

"Killing yourself is not the solution Rose. Don't you understand?"

"Then what do you want me to do, huh? All you told me were lies. None of them were true. Why do you even care of what happens to me?"

"Please Rose, just come down! If it isn't for me, then atleast think of your aunt, of your parents. Did they want you to do such a thing as to take your life?"

"I can never stand up to their expectations. I'm not strong enough. They will never be proud of me."

"They are proud of you Rose. You are the strongest girl I've ever known. You are a force to be reckoned with. There is not a second person in this world who's like you!"

"Lies!" I yelled.

"Please Rose, get down. I believe in you. We all do!" he pleaded.

Slowly, I climbed down the edge.

"Why did you do this Vincent? Why did you lie to me?" I asked, warm tears filling up my eyes once again.

"I knew you would hate me if I told you. You mean so much to me! You are the best thing that has happened to me in the thousand years of my immortality--"

"Thousand years? You mean you are the... first vampire?"

"My father was the first vampire. He created this lineage of vampires. He was thirsty for power."

"Like father like son."

"I'm nothing like him. I want to end him. He made us into these monsters we never were. We never wanted to be a part of his so-called empire he created."

"So you want to kill him too?"

"I always have. I want to help you in defeating him, even if I die in doing so." He moved closer to me, placing his hand on my moist cheek. "I didn't lie to you Rose. I never did. I just told you the half reality. I won't ask you to forgive me at this instance. I know you can't. But please, give me another chance to make things right."

I nodded slightly.

"Let me get you home," he said. Without speaking a word, I got into his car and we drove off to my house.

_____________

Stella's POV

"Now that Vincent is gone, would you please enlighten me as to why you decided to turn me?" I asked.

"I didn't turn you. Vincent did."

"Oh. I'm sorry. My bad. The question is- why did you kill me? Is this because of Kristen?" I asked, raising my voice.

"Don't bring her into this. She didn't even know any of it!"

"I highly doubt that." I moved closer to Kristen. "You appear so innocent outside, but from the inside, you are nothing but a venomous snake! You stole Damien from me!" I shouted.

"Stella, I would never--" she shook her head.

"News flash: You already did!"

"Aurora, please take her to your room. She's way to annoying," Damien said with a look of disgust plastered across his face. Aurora grabbed my hand.

"Stella come with me," she said.

"So you're now asking your sister to do your bidding. How brave of you Damien!" I scoffed.

"Stella come with me!" Aurora ordered while taking me to her room as I stared daggers at Damien and Kristen.

On entering Aurora's room, she closed the door behind me.

"So you are nothing less than a pet to your brothers. You always do what they say," I folded ny arms.

"Stella, I understand that you're going through a tough phase right now. Your emotions are heightened. Your anger is intensified. But it's only you who can control it," she explained.

"It's good that my anger is heightened. I can attack anyone without any justification, starting with you," I ran forward, throwing a punch at Aurora...who caught it effortlessly. She twisted my arm and held me from the back.

"Don't you understand? I'm a thousand years older than you. I can snap your neck in just a second. You can't compete with me." Her hold over me slackened.

"You're no better than your brothers. All you want to is to showcase your strength. You are all emotionless beasts!" I fell to my knees and burst into tears.

Aurora knelt beside me, putting her hand over my shoulder. "A thousand years of loneliness has made us like this. We too have emotions, but we don't know how to express them anymore."

"I never wanted to be a part of this world- of your world. Why am I even here?"

"I will help you get through this, alright? We will get through this together."

"Why do you even care?"

"You are my responsibility now, and I won't let anything come in its way. You can trust me. I will be by your side, always."

I nodded silently.

"Good. Now let's get you something to drink. You must be starving," she said, walking up to a large rectangular container in her room. She opened it and took out a plastic bag filled with a red fluid.

"Is that blood?" I asked.

"No it is raspberry juice. Of course it is blood!" She said, handing me over the bag. I took off the nozzle and put the liquid to my mouth. It was delicious, the tastiest drink that I had ever tasted. I gulped it down in a single time. "This is... heaven!" I exclaimed.

"I know," Aurora smiled. Let us get you to your room.

"My room?"

"We have a few spare ones in case someone decides to stay over," she said, holding my hand and taking me to a room she claimed to be mine.

It was the room right next to hers, with a single bed in the centre, the walls a colour of red and black, and a large, black, gothic, bookshelf. There was also a shower room inside.

"This is... pretty decent for a guest room," I said.

"Aw come on! I know you love it," she said, a smile breaking on her face.

"You got me there," I smiled back.

"So... you can rest now. Your training begins tomorrow."

"What training?"

"The training to become a full-fledged vampire," she tossed her hair over her shoulder.

"Pretty dramatic," I rolled my eyes.

"Sleep, unless you want to wake up all drowsy," she said before I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes, drifting to sleep soon after.

______________

So what did you think of this chapter guys? Let me know in the comments section down below!

Will Rose be able to forgive Vincent and Kristen? How will Stella's training go? Read on to find out!

Until then,
Goodbye,
                                                   -Adrianna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

590 145 30
"I saw you and you were just standing there. I started walking towards you and you-just-just stood there." Stuttered Stiles. "I tapped on your should...
3.2K 739 71
FOURTH BOOK OF THE CHRONICLES OF FANTASILIA SERIES 𝘈 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭. 𝘈 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘦. 𝘈 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵. 𝘈 �...
2.7K 418 27
Ariella's biggest desire in life has always been such a simple one. She wants to be 'normal.' Unfortunately, that one simple wish has never been with...
17.3K 558 64
Isabella Harper, a nineteen-year-old, lost her color vision after her sister's suicide. She shut down herself from everyone and remained in her world...