Good for you

By khaleesiiiipo

Lila is just starting to live her new life after college but she feels the breeze from the past that is comin... More

Authors note
♥ Good for you - 1. Chapter - Short Intro ♥
2. - Alex's post on Instagram
3. Cigarettes After Sex
4. Felix is home
5. Harvey's truth
6. Drunk and sober at the same time
7. "See you at the old place?"
8. "To me, he's dead."
9. Smells like hospital
10. Stalking Ex
11. The Gig
12. Alex + Di
13. Ford Capri MK 3
14. The long lost letter
15. Job interview
16. Hangover
17. F*cking bowling
18. Friends, maybe?
19. "I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you"
20. Ocean Drive
A/N - check it out!
21. "When she was mine"
23. How does it feel?
24. The first one
25. A Month Different
26. Answers, maybe?
27. Friday means party
28. Purple & Yellow ♡

22. Broken wall, broken phone, broken heart

39 8 11
By khaleesiiiipo

Day with Chris had fulfilled all my expectations. He's honest, funny, and I have to admit, I haven't been this carefree in a while.

When I climbed up the floor of the house, I see Ruby leaning out of the window, as she was spying on someone.

"Ruby? What are you doing? "

"Shhhh! I'm trying to hear something!" – She shushed me, but she also intrigued me, so I also started to eavesdrop too.

It was mom and dad, who had a quiet fight in our backyard. I couldn't quite hear out the words but in the expressions of their faces, I could tell it was serious.

"Did you find out what they were arguing about?"

"Shhh, Lila! I'm trying to find out!"

I let Ruby do her job and I went to take a shower.

My thoughts only ran to Chris and his kisses. He got so much in my head that even a momentary altercation in the house will not spoil my day. As if he knew, I was greeted by a message on my cell phone as soon as I left the bathroom.

"Too bad this day couldn't last forever. x"

Even though I closed the door, Ruby never respected any kind of privacy. She sat on the bed and her face was sad.

"What if mom and dad get divorced?"

"Huh? Ruby, where did you come up with this crap? "

"Well, you saw them arguing."

"Oh my love, everyone has to fight eventually. They will not get a divorce because of one lousy fight. "

"I hope you're right."

I sat next to my dearest sister, fixed her a pair of curls that fell on her face, and hugged her tightly.

"We all love you, remember that."

"And I love you!" – She returned my hug with an even stronger one.

"Now run! I have to get dressed! "

"You're going somewhere again? I thought we could walk Diesel together. So that mom and dad have privacy."

Of course we can! And we could stop for some ice-cream on the way. "

Her smile finally came back to her face.

Harvey at the moment:

"Son, Come on, you got to eat something!"

"Icn nw I ct erw"

"I don't understand you. I'll call Jane to come see this dose of sedative. This is not normal for me. You look drugged."

Even though I felt like I was saying the right words, to my father it sounded like I'm saying crap. I saw a smashed mobile phone on the floor. I don't even remember what I was doing with him. Great. The only thing I remember is taking a few more painkillers. I wanted everything to stop. I wanted all those feelings gone, too.

"Lila's mom will be here soon. She's a paediatrician, you know that. We'd better check with her. "

Fuck. If I could talk and use my hands, I would have knocked that phone out of his hand. I don't need her.

"This dose is quite appropriately prescribed for his condition. The only thing that could cause hallucinations like this and the inability to speak is that he drank more than it was prescribed to him."

"Harvey, how many pills have you had?"– Lila's mom was trying to talk to me. I raised my hand and I showed with my fingers number four. "

"So you drank four pills? Even though you already got them in the hospital and you were supposed to repeat the dose at night?"

Somehow I was able to nod.

"I'm sorry, Brian... I guess I'm right. Please, give him water every fifteen minutes.

These are not some dangerous drugs and Harvey doesn't have to go to the hospital right now. He will be numb for some more time but he'll be okay after. When he can talk, give him something to eat. Something light. I'm sure everything's going to be all right. And let him sleep through it. The poor thing has suffered much, as I can see. "– I know that she was referring to my broken arm and a hole in the wall.

"I'm sorry I dragged you out here on a Saturday night."

"Don't worry about it. Harvey's like a family. Please keep me posted. "

Me? Family? She's crazy. She has no idea that I'm not even close to being friends with Lila, let alone being a family.

As the door closed, I immediately fell asleep.

Lila at the moment:

"It's getting late. We have to go home. "– I was complaining to Ruby even though I was tired and I just wanted to lie down in bed and read the book.

* Beep, beep * the well-known car honked to us and stopped.

"Girls, get in! I'll give you a lift home. "

"And where were you this late, Mom?" – Ruby asked with her research tone.

"I had to make a home visit."

"This late?"

"Yes, no less than the Clark family house."

"What were you doing at Harvey's?"

"Brian called me and asked me to come. He was miserable and in shock. "

"Did something happen to Harvey, mom?"

"He broke his arm this afternoon and to alleviate the pain, he took a little more painkillers than it was allowed. Brian was scared because he was just mumbling and he couldn't move. "

"How did he break his arm?"

"I don't know, but from everything I've seen, I can conclude that he smashed up half the room and punched his fist through the wall... "

He broke his hand out of anger. It's my fault. I know I was rude to him when he texted me yesterday but I didn't expect him to hurt himself.

"Right hand?"

"Yes, why?"

"So he won't be able to play in the band anymore?"

"That will doctor estimate when they take his cast off."

The burden of guilt was falling on me more and more. It must be my fault. And now he won't even be able to play in a bend. I was able to destroy his life again.

I have to call Carrie, she must know something.

"Hey! Did you hear that Harvey broke his arm? Do you know anything about that? "

"Whoa, whoa, wait? He broke his arm, how? Why? "

"Damn. I thought you'd know."

"No, I don't know. I'll ask Niel, and if I find out, I'll call you right back. "

"Thank you. And don't say I asked. "

"Okay L."

Harvey at the moment:

I woke up thirsty as a desert. I can move, obviously the pills have loosened. It's four o'clock in the morning, I slept like a log.

I found a broken phone and I had three missed calls from Edwin, just as much from Niel, Philip...

"Harvey, man, please answer."

"Sorry, I just woke up."

Not a minute after the message was sent, the phone rang.

"What happened to you?"

"I got angry and somehow smashed my fist against the wall. And then I got the cast on my hand."

"You're a jerk."

"What are you doing awake?"

"It's Saturday. I don't sleep. Carrie and I are at some crappy party. "

"You can come to my house if it's so crappy. I would love a good company now. "

"We'll be there in twenty."

"And anyway... After the scene I saw in the park, I came home and I did this bullshit... – I told them everything and their jaw's almost touched the floor.

"Oh, Harvey... I'm so sorry."

"So am I. For a moment I thought that we have a shot for a fresh start. I came so close to confessing everything to her so that we could start nice and clean from scratch."

"Confess what?" – Carrie frown as she was leaning on her knees. Since everything went wrong with Lila already, I can tell them everything. Fuck it.

"I wanted to tell her everything and explain with what was Felix threatening to me."

"I'm all ears boy."

"At one party, maybe a few days after Lila and I started dating, I made a stupid mistake."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 557 50
Story about a straight girl who is confused about her feelings towards her stud best friend. Will she fall for her best friend? Will she finally stop...
86 0 24
A girl who was distraught fell in love with the wrong guy in the past. As she moves forward, a little secret has been waiting to be unravelled. A new...
65.3K 1.3K 26
Jess my best friend has this boyfriend who's sort of a bad boy. The thing is he likes some one else and it gets really complicated to not be able to...
1.7K 148 20
Gabriella was SO ready for college. I mean a fresh start at her dream college with her best friend? Who wouldn't be ready for that. However college I...