High Hopes|✔

By TheOfficialSinner

In which billionaire Levi Morterez, meets small-town waitress Ophelia Collins, and must pull out all the stop... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33😏
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 39

113K 4.1K 979
By TheOfficialSinner

O P H E L I A ' S  P O V

My eyes fluttered open slowly as I looked around the dark room. It was easy to say that it was morning, due to the orange lighting that was slightly shining through the thin curtains.

I looked across the room and saw Levi sitting down in the chair, his head casted down and in his hands.

I tried to move my feet to sit up straight but the piercing feeling between my legs reminded me of the time when I lost my virginity.

"Levi?" My voice was barely above a whisper. I couldn't remember what happened earlier today. I didn't even remember falling to sleep.

His head snapped up to meet my gaze and he rushed over to my side of the bed, his hands caressing my cheek tenderly.

"W-What happened?" I questioned groggily as I looked around my surroundings.

His eyes avoided eye contact with mine, "You passed out. God, I'm so sorry, Ophelia. I should've known better than to be that rough with you, especially the night before your first day of college. You fucking scared me." He said solemnly.

I passed out? It was obvious that Levi was truly beating himself up about it and I didn't want that. I was the one who initiated last night, from what I could remember, and as far as I was concerned, he shouldn't have to feel bad about something that I wanted.

"Don't be," I mumbled. "I-I liked it— a lot." I blushed at my confession. "And I'd like if we— did it again." I continued.

Levi's eyes were wide with surprise as he listened to me. He swallowed thickly and looked away from me. "Oh... Once you're okay then," He said as he got up and turned away from me.

I frowned. That wasn't exactly the response that I was expecting, far from it actually. His lack of words left me feeling dejected, that somehow, me passing out was a complete turn off to him.

"A-Aren't you coming back to bed?" My voice cracked slightly at the distance that he made between us.

"Uh— no, I have some work to finish downstairs." He cleared his throat. "You should rest, there's a long day ahead of the both of us." With that, he turned and exited the room.

This wasn't how I expected my first day of college to begin.

--------------------

"First we'll drop you off, sort out everything, and then I'll make a quick turn to the diner to finalise your resignation," I listened to Levi from my spot across the room in front of the mirror. I was trying to find a new style to put my hair in since the bun wasn't what I was really going for, especially for my first day.

My hands were incredibly tired when I was done putting up my hair, sadly losing two hair ties in the process. I looked in the mirror at different angles to ensure that all sides were properly in. I would literally cry if I had to do this back over again.

"Ophelia? Are you listening?" I heard Levi's voice. I looked across at him wearily. He truly was a handsome man, especially standing in the middle of the room with his hands in his pockets clad in a black three-piece suit.

"Hmm? Yeah, I am," We didn't talk about what happened last night or this morning. He was speaking to me like regularly, making no effort to go out of his way to touch me in any way.

He sighed defeatedly. "Have you chosen an outfit yet?" He asked.

I bit my lip, "I wanted your opinion. I wasn't sure what to wear." I got up and walked to our closet.

He followed me, trailing about a few feet behind me. "Jeans? Dress?" He questioned me, in which I shrugged

"What'd you think I should wear? I'm not good at picking good first impression outfits," I mumbled.

He nodded in understanding, "Okay, let's see," He hummed

He was looking through the various pairs of outfits with scrunched eyebrows. It was clear that he took into consideration quite a few of them judging by how he paused momentarily, however, he disregarded them with a shake of his head afterward.

I gasped, "What about this?" I yelled excitedly.

I absolutely adored the outfit that I was holding. It was a high-waisted mini skirt that would look absolutely divine paired with a knitted sweater which would be perfect for the chilly weather. As if a dynamic trio, right below the outfit stood knee-high, grey boots that I felt would go well with the skirt.

Levi looked at it sceptically, "The skirt's really short." He mumbled as he looked to the floor. "But if you want to— I can't stop you," He quickly added.

I frowned as I twisted my fingers, "But I want your opinion. You don't like it?" I turned my gaze to the outfit again.

"It's not that— nevermind, wear it." His lips turned down in a pout as he looked away.

Slowly, I made my way to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, my eyebrows furrowing when he tensed almost unnoticeably.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

He quickly shook his head, his hands limp at his sides, "No, not at all." He stated.

"You see," I started. "Usually both people wrap their arms around each other to initiate a hug," I tried to joke.

He paused for a long second before he hesitantly wrapped his arms around my upper torso, way too high from what he usually did.

I huffed frustratingly, "It's like you're afraid to touch me." I rolled my eyes.

He rubbed his hand over his face, "That's not it, Ophelia." He said.

I tilted my head to the side, "Oh yeah? There's still about an hour until we have to leave." I lowered my voice. "There's a lot we can do in an hour." I trailed my fingers up his chest slowly.

He swallowed, "Yes, t-there is. We could go back over the schedule a few more times and—" The unimpressed look on my face made him pause his words.

"Okay, okay." He sighed. "Last night I let myself get carried away and I hurt you," He mumbled. "I'm just making sure that never happens again." He sighed out.

I rolled my eyes again, "So what? You're never going to touch me ever again? That seems a little hard, Levi. Even for you." I laughed. "And plus— I told you that I liked it," I casted my eyes down to his slacks, hooking my fingers in the belt loop.

"Stop it," He hissed as he grabbed ahold of my hand.

I quickly licked my lips, accepting the challenge, "Or what? You're gonna punish me?" I murmured.

He squinted his eyes at me, "You're playing with fire." He warned.

A knowing smile formed on my lips, "Burn me then."

I tried to suppress a smile as I stared up at him through my lashes, my hand playing with his belt.

Without another word, he pulled me into him by the back of my neck and slammed his lips on my own.

It wasn't long before our clothes were removed and we were at it again for round two.

---------------

"I'm coming." Levi instantly said.

"No! Don't. I want to do it by myself," I frowned.

"Are you sure? This is a big step," He chastised as he gently caressed my cheek with a worried look on his face.

"I am. Look, I already know where my classes are. Now, just please leave before someone sees us." I begged.

I asked Levi to tell Gerald to park a good-length away from the school. That way, no one would see the wide and large limousine pull up and Levi step out. I knew that that would create attention; attention that I surely didn't need or want.

"Okay, okay. I'm going. Be careful, I mean it, Ophelia. And call if you need anything, please." He reminded me.

"I will," I blushed. "Bye," I kissed him on his cheek.

Smiling softly at me, he stepped away from my figure and got back into the vehicle.

I watched as the limousine drove off, taking deep calculated breaths as I did so.

I then made my way through the gates of the college, the place where all of my dreams would finally come true, the place where I could make new friends, and the place where I could truly discover myself.

There were large groups of students everywhere you looked, most with suitcases in their hands due to the fact that they would be living in the dorms available.

Parents hug their parents, some with happy tears in their eyes as they watch their child go off to a new environment, only seeing them on holidays or weekends.

I tried to stop the burning sensation at the back of my eyes due to the fact that my parents couldn't experience this moment with me.

Planting a smile on my face, I took another round of deep breaths before making my way through the doors. The school was impeccably beautiful. It was designed in such a way that it wasn't hard to pick up on the fact that it was around for many years prior, although the plastering and structure of the walls gave it its originality and slightly modern touch.

My first class was a lecture. As I manoeuvred my way through the halls, I tried to ignore all the stares for no one in particular.

I blushed as I heard and saw a boy whistle at me while nudging his other friend to look in my direction. Maybe Levi was right about the skirt being too short, but I thought that the boots that I was wearing covered most of my exposed legs.

I entered room 164 and my eyes immediately widened at the number of people in the room. There were at least 100 in the room which was positioned with a single podium that a microphone was attached to, at the front of the room.

Walking with my eyes cast down, I took the first seat that my eyes drifted to. I felt shuffling next to me and looked up to see a girl chewing her gum loudly, her eyes focused on the phone in front of her.

I bit my lip as I thought about a way to speak to her. She seemed like a nice enough person, but Shalissa and Levi always scolded me for my misjudgment of people that I encountered.

Her hair was a bright red, which was quite obvious that it was dyed that way. A few tattoos laced her right arm and she had hazel eyes and a pointed nose.

"Could ya?" She nudged her head in the direction next to me. Her voice caused me to jump slightly. "W-What?" I stuttered.

She pushed her hair from in front of her face, "The socket," She said impatiently. "Could ya put my charger in the socket?" She asked.

"Oh, oh." I cleared my throat. "Right," I mumbled.

After I plugged it in, she didn't say another word to me, which led me to look down at my table for the rest of that class dejectedly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5M 2.5K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...
245K 14.3K 39
She was a miserable poor soul looking for a way to get away from her abusive adoptive family. But her adoptive mother sold her off to a mysterious, m...
29.3K 1.1K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
745K 43.3K 37
**This book is FREE with a paid bonus short story!** She's always wanted to date a gentleman - so why does she find herself falling for a rogue? *** ...