Sacred Madness

By szyaru

Gun was conceived from a sin. His mother was trying her best to save him. Mark is in every sense of the word... More

Author's Note
The Bastard Son
Ænigma
Scintillated
Enticing
Fragments
Forsaken
Home
Affection
X. Serenity
XI. Euphoria
XII-Dysphoria
XIII. Vague
XIV. Moonlight
XV.Crashing
XVI. Reverie
XVII. Indecisive
XVIII. Doubts
XIX. Goner
XX. Turbulent
Kries et Morcc
XXI. Malady
XXII. Dissonance
XXIII. Clusterfuck
XXIV. Crooked
XXV. Affliction
XXVI. Vanilla
XXVII. Better Days
XXVIII. Glow
XXIX. Guilt
XXX. Tranquility
XXXI. Elysium
XXXII. Changes
XXXIII. Overcast
XXXIV. Confessions
XXXV- Dawning

Unravel

1.5K 82 14
By szyaru

Kris woke up with a dry throat. He checked his phone and saw that it was only a little past 3 a.m. He decided to go downstairs to drink water, but as he was walking, he saw his mom at the corner of the living room, kneeling in front of the altar.

"Mom?" He called. The woman was startled, she slowly turned towards him. "What are you doing?"

"Praying" she replied.

Confused, Kris asked; "At 3 a.m?"

"You don't understand. The devil is coming" she said tightly gripping the rosary in her hands.

"If you're worried about that bastard, I'll tell dad about it. He'll be home by..." Kris did not finish his sentence because his mom ignored him and faced the altar once again to continue praying. "Whatever" he said before going back to his room, forgetting about the water.

It has been a week since their mom was acting weird. She would always be seen holding the rosary, praying nervously. The dark circles under her eyes shows her lack of sleep and she always seems to spout incoherent words. They were worried about her but then again, were talking about their mom and she has always been this weird.

"Dear why do you looked so stressed? What's bothering you?" Their father asked. He just came back from a business trip. They were all eating dinner except Kris, he hasn't come home yet.

"The devil is back to retrieve what's his" she said staring blankly at the plate in front of her.

"What do you mean?" Her husband was confused. Gun was confused as well but he just continued eating his food silently.

She suddenly grabbed his husband's hand and held it tightly before looking him straight in the eyes in an eerie way. He was slightly taken aback with her action.

"Soon this family will be purified, free of sins and blasphemies. We will be worthy to receive the Lord" she said with a voice full of conviction before standing up and walking towards the altar. There she kneels again and started another prayer.

Gun and his father stared at each other in confusion. The older sighed before dropping his spoon and fork. He stood up and left his half eaten food on the table. Gun just watched him walk away. He continued eating his food, it was disrespectful for him to leave the blessings that God gave them.

***

The practice had already started when Plan arrived. He jogged towards Gun to apologize for being late.

"I understand Plan but we have rules to follow. Just do your laps now" Gun said looking at him sympathetically.

"But I've been here even before the practice starts. I was not late. I just left to buy foods" Plan was trying his hardest to convince their captain. Making sure to use his puppy eyes.

"Really?" Gun looked at him suspiciously before inhaling sharply. This guy knows his weakness. "Just do half of the penalty laps"

"Only half? Lets make it just 1 please" Plan's puppy eyes intensified.

"4" Gun avoided eye contact.

"2" Plan's still bargaining.

"Ok 3. Type is coming and he might double it so just go"

"Yes captain" Plan was smiling triumphantly. He was about to join the others on the field when Gun called him back.

"Im just curious, what business do you have with my brother and his friend?"

Plan hesitated before opening his mouth. "Its gamers stuff. You won't relate" he said before running towards the field.

"Why do I smell something fishy just happened here?" Type was eyeing Gun suspiciously as he was walking towards him.

"Probably because you had fish for lunch and you didn't wash your hands?"

"I didn't mean it literally" Type stopped on his tracks and smelled his hands. "But now that you mentioned it I should really go to the washroom". Gun smiled as he watched his friend ran towards the washroom.

The practice only lasted for two hours. Gun, Champ and Plan were now leaving the School's vicinity after bidding the other members goodbye. Type went ahead to pick up Tharn.

"Why did Mean skipped the practice?" Gun asked.

"Family matters I guess" Plan answered. "I'm hungry. P'Gun please buy me foods" he quickly changed the topic because nothing really matters to Plan except foods.

"You already ate before we started our practice" Champ was the one who replied.

"I have no money. My mom haven't returned my motor keys yet so I have to commute everyday. Next time" Gun gave him an apologetic smile.

"Okay I'll treat you guys" Champ walked ahead of them with a slight grin. "There's this new place just outside the campus"

Gun and Plan's eyes almost pop out of their socket upon hearing the delightful news. Plan immediately clung to Champ's hand, smiling from ear to ear. "Really? I'm so happy". Gun smiled as well as he walked faster to keep up with them.

"What factors affected this decision of yours?" Gun asked immitating one of their professors.

"I saw my captain's poverty and my junior's famine. I'm that hero everybody wants but nobody deserves" Champ clenched his chest while acting like his heart was aching. The two just laughed at how extra Champ was.

They were now at the newly opened place Champ was talking about. He was at the counter leaving Gun and Plan at the table. The latter excused himself to go to the washroom.

Champ has returned after ordering. They were just waiting for Plan to return as well so they can start eating. It has been a full 20 minutes since he left and the two can't wait no more, especially Champ who started to eat first. Gun decided to follow Plan to know if he's okay. Its not his nature to let the food wait so why is he taking so long?

When Gun arrived at the washroom he immediately called Plan's name and check each cubicle but he did not see him there. He continued looking outside, he was feeling a little bit nervous about Plan's sudden disappearance, although it was only for 20 minutes. He tried calling him but Champ was the one to answer saying that Plan left his bag at thier table. Gun walked farther into the dark alley near the place. He was fearing that Plan might have encountered some bullies and they're harassing him for money.

What Gun saw was not something he was expecting. Plan was kneeling in front of two people, his nose and busted lips were both bleeding. But what makes this scene unbelievable to him was that those two people were Mark and Kris.

"Plan" Gun shouted as he quickly ran towards them. His mind is still processing the scenario. Plan only looked at him with a hopeful eyes.

"P'" Kris' eyes dilated at the sight and Mark was equally shocked as well. "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing to Plan?" He ignored his younger brother's question and instead asked him back as he helped Plan stand on his feet. The poor boy was trembling in fear.

"Nothing that concerns you" Mark's answer was automatic. His usually confident tone was mixed with mild guilt.

"He's my friend, he's my responsibility" Gun replied looking at Mark with eyes full of disappointment. Now that he thought about it, was it not just a delusion when he saw them beating up a man? Is it possible that that scene really happened? Because if looks could kill, Plan might be dead with the way these two were looking at him. He doesn't want to overthink but whatever it is that these two were up to, its something that people their age should not be doing.

"Relax P', were just collecting his debt" Kris' sounded calm yet aggressive.

"Hurting someone is never the answer Kris. Mom will cry if she knew what you're doing"

"I don't fucking care. You can play saint all you want but I refuse" Kris' tone shifted from calm to livid.

"I know you're not a bad person Kris. So... please" Gun said the last word in a low almost inaudible sound when he saw that Kris was already leaving. He knows that his younger brother doesnt really like being told what to do. His pair of melancholic eyes then landed to Mark, and even though the younger did not say anything, he can see it with the way he avoided his gaze, the boy felt ashamed.

Mark was about to leave when Gun stopped him by grabbing his arm. "This is not the life for you. You're a good kid, don't let your anger control you"

Mark roughly shook his hand away before looking him straight into his eyes. "This is the life I wanna live. Anger makes me feel alive". His lips turns into a lopsided grin, he put his hands inside his pockets before walking away.

Gun was taken aback for a moment, he looked at him sympathetically. Because despite the anger in Mark's eyes, he saw sadness. "One day you'll find peace with your pain. Have faith" his voice sounded so sincere that although Mark was never the person that can be easily convinced, hearing those words coming from Gun's mouth somehow tempted him to believe. It was nice to hear but it doesn't make any sense. Gun doesn't even know him that well so how come he knows the right words to say? With that realization, Mark tried shaking off the idea in his head as he continued walking away.

"Are you okay? Do you want go to the hospital? Tell me where it hurts." Gun sounded scared. He was just so concerned about his friend.

"I'm okay. I just want to go home" Plan said, wiping the blood that kept running from his nose.

"I'm so sorry about my brother"

"Its my fault. Thanks for finding me by the way. I might be dead by now if you didn't come" Plan smiled at him, a genuine greatful smile. Gun kept his mouth shut. He doesn't know what's the right words to say. Plan is his friend but Kris is his brother, besides, he doesn't really know the real story behind all of this. All he has were gut-feelings that might or might not be true. He is in no position to judge nor comment anything.

Plan walked away, limping. It was painful for Gun to see his friend getting hurt like this but seeing his own brother becoming someone he never thought he'd become was more painful.

By the time Gun returned to their table Champ had already finished his foods. He told him Plan had a stomachache and he needed to go home. Champ was delighted by the fact that he gets to eat Plan's share. On the other hand, Gun had lost his appetite but he still forced himself to eat because he doesn't want Champ to feel like he doesn't appreciate his treat.

When Gun arrived home, he saw a man standing by their gate, smoking. By the looks of it he was about the age of forty. He was wearing a black pants and black jacket. He certainly looked suspicious but Gun was never the one to judge. "Excuse me, do you need something?" he approached the man with his usual smiley face.

The man eyed him from head to toe which made him a little bit uneasy. "You live here?" The man asked not breaking his intense gaze.

"Y..yeah" Gun replied nervously. This man looks intimidating.

"What's your name?" The man asked before taking a drag from his cigarette.

"G..Gun. And... you?"

"Who knows? I might be your father" the man said followed by a malevolent smirk. Gun's eyes dilated, he was so confused that it left him speechless. "I'll be back soon. Tell your mother I said hi". He was still smiling, that kind of smile that sends shiver down his spine for all the wrong reasons.

Gun can only watch the man leave as he stood there frozen on his feet. Was that man tripping or was he really his father? It was so confusing and to think that he was still conflicted with what happened earlier. His mind was in a total mess that when he started walking absentmindedly, he didn't saw Kris coming so they bump into each other.

"Fuck" Kris cursed under his breath which made Gun immediately come back to his senses.

"I'm sorry" he said which was immediately followed by his awkward smile.

Kris did not bother to answer and just continued walking.

"Wait" the older boy ran after him, grabbing his right arm to put him into a halt. "Where are you going?" He asked which made Kris looked irritated.

"Beating someone up?" He replied sarcastically.

"Don't be like this Kris. You're not a bad person" Gun tightened his grip on his arm and Kris let out a long sigh. "On..on Sunday lets confess okay? God will forgive you". Gun was looking at him with a pleading eyes.

"Miss me with that bullshit" Kris shook off his brother's grip and turned his back. Gun looked at him in disbelief. "P'Gun, lets not interfere with each others business okay?". With that, Kris continued walking.

But Gun was persistent. He won't give up that easily. "I'm your brother. I'm here to help you. Please let me help you" Gun sounded so desperate and it made Kris stop on his tracks and turned towards him.

"We're only half-brothers so you don't have to take responsibility" Kris paused for a moment, making sure to smirk before continuing. "Besides, you should go fix your self first" he tried to sound concerned, but they both knew he was mocking.

Those words made Gun felt a slight pain in his chest. It was the truth and he was ashamed of it. His shoulders dropped in resignation as he looked at him disappearing into the world he wish his precious baby brother had never wandered.

Gun inhaled sharply, before turning around to enter the house. His eyes met with his mother who was waiting at the front door. He can't read her expression and it made him scared that his mother might have heard their conversation and she will get mad at Kris for it. But come to think of it, he never saw his mom get mad at his younger brother. Not even once. Not even when he killed their pet dog before, not even when he punched the kid in front of their house, not even when he shouts at her or when he curse. She just have so much patience for Kris and none for Gun.

"We need to talk"

[Sorry I took so long to update. Its prelims and I'm struggling. That also explains the shitty writing. But I'll try to make it up next chapter. Anyways, thanks for reading ❤❤❤]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 471 25
➱Vampire AU Mark's mother is a vampire and married a normal human. Mark was a human as well at first, but as he starts developing feelings for anothe...
66.8K 2.5K 17
In which Jaemin is now Jisung's step-brother. What could go wrong? Everything Warning ; - a jaesung fanfic - other ships included but jaesung is the...
9.3K 1.1K 45
Mark Siwat is the son of the owners of a seaside tourist villa in Sulawesi Island in Indonesia. His parents used to have another beach resort busines...
357 4 12
"Jesus fucking christ you're annoying" "But I know you like it" - In which Jaemin has hated Jeno since 9th grade. Everything about him pissed Jaemin...