The Second Chance of Anne

By CorneliaStreet5

Historical Series #1 ----- Anne Boleyn is the second wife of King Henry VIII of England. She was accused of... More

Author's Note
Characters
Prologue
Chapter I - The Beheaded Queen
Chapter II - The Woman in the Mirror
Chapter III- Don't Fool Me Twice
Chapter IV - The Second "Hello"
Chapter V - You Can't Escape Me
Chapter VI - First Dance
Chapter VII - Butler & Boleyn
Chapter VIII - Hard Choice
Chapter IX - Fight For Love
Chapter X - You Hold My Heart
Chapter XI - Door To Death
Chapter XII - The Queen and The Other Woman
Chapter XIII - Fate Surprises
Checking In
Chapter XIV - One Last Time
Chapter XV - Letting Go
Chapter XVI - Letter From The Past
A Bit Paused
Chapter XVII - New Beginning Or Not?
Chapter XVIII - Saying Goodbye Is A Death By Thousand Cuts
Chapter XIX - All's Well That Ends Well To End Up With You
Chapter XX- The Queen of England
Chapter XXII - Window To Henry's Past
Chapter XXIII - Who is Edward Tudor?
Chapter XXIV - We Made It
Chapter XXV - Realization of Life
Anne & Henry
Letters To My Betrothed
Bonus Chapter
IMVA Historical Series
Not An Update

Chapter XXI - Birth of Elizabeth Tudor

10.2K 212 2
By CorneliaStreet5

Anne marriage to Henry is a bliss.  Yes, they were arguments abut they don't let it go too far.  Anne have learn in the past how to handle Henry's moods and anger.

At the third month of their marriage, Anne found out that she's with a child.  She couldn't contain his happiness. But she knew in her heart that she's carrying a daughter, Elizabeth.  The fear started to creep into her. Not giving Henry a son is the start of her downfall.

At the six month of her pregnancy, the midwife notices the pale complexion and thin body of the Queen.

"Your Majesty, are eating and sleeping well?" The midwife asked Anne, worrying about her condition and the health of the heir of the kingdom.

Anne deeply sighed.

"I don't have appetite to eat and I have trouble sleeping these past month, Roselyn."

"Your Majesty, you must eat and sleep more for the sake of the child you're carrying.  You are also endangering your life."

"I know, Roselyn.  Thank you.  I will try to do what you said."

"My Queen, don't try, do it for your child and King's sake." Roselyn, the midwife said as she arrange her thing to leave.

"Madame Roselyn, don't worry about the Queen.  I will watch her like a hawk to make sure she eat and sleep properly.'' Lola said with conviction that make the two woman smile.

Yes.  Lola stayed with Anne side throughout the years.  Lola's loyalty and honesty is the admirable traits that Anne loves. Lola become her trusted lady in waiting and she gifted her lands and jewelries to elevate her status.  Lola is to be married with the Viscount of Cheshire.

Roselyn left and Lola started to prepare the Queen's meal.

"My Queen, you need to eat.  I won't leave you until you finish it."

"Okay." Anne did not fight and argue with Lola this time.  She know that she only thinks about her well being and the child. "I am sorry, my Elizabeth." Anne said to her stomach while caressing it.

That night, Henry barged into their chamber.  Yes, Henry and Anne sleeps on the same room.  It is unusual but Henry wants to be with Anne all the time, especially that she's carrying their child. 

"I come here after Roselyn reported your condition to me." Anne sat up in their bed and Henry sat beside her, hold her hands. 

Anne forgot that Henry specifically told Roselyn to report all her findings to him directly.  He wanted to make sure that his wife and child are in good condition.

"Henry, I am fine and the baby is fine."

Henry sighed and cupped her big baby bump and whispered to it.

"Please stay strong, my son."

Anne was frozen upon hearing the word 'son' from Henry.  She was reminder how pressured and anxious she is to give Henry a son that he wanted, one of the reason why she miscarriage the last child she bear. 

Anne asked what she feared.

"What if it's not a son, Henry?"

Henry looked up to Anne with crease eyebrows.

"There was a prophecy that you will give birth to a strong and healthy Prince, Anne."

"Henry, what if I am carrying a daughter?"

Henry did not say anything which making her anxious.

"Is this what stressing you these past month, Anne?" Anne did not need to say anything and Henry understands it. Henry sighed and cupped her cheeks. "I am such a fool."

Anne's eyes widen.  Her eyes give away her fears, anxiousness, and full uncertainty. 

Henry watched Anne's eyes as all these emotions flashed in her eyes. He hated himself why his wife is feeling this way.

"Anne. Look at me." Henry cupped her checks and let their foreheads met. "If you're carrying a daughter, I will be the most happy.  We will have mini Anne who will run around the palace, she will look like you, your expressive black eyes, your olive skin, your beautiful face and heart."  Henry started to imagine his daughter who looks so much his wife and his lips involuntarily smile at his imagination.

Anne's tears fall from her eyes as Henry look into her eyes, she can she all the love and sincerity in them. Anne hugged Henry from his neck and whispered. "Elizabeth."

"Elizabeth?" Henry embraced Anne's waist, carefully to not hurt his child. "That's our daughter's names"

Anne nodded and removed herself from Henry's arms and held his hands. "Yes, Elizabeth. In honor of our beloved mothers."

Henry smiled and kissed Anne then he knelt on the ground and kissed the baby bump.  "Hello, my daughter, father loves you so much.  Sorry that I make your mother worried.  I will love you to the moon and back.  Princess Elizabeth."

Henry hummed in Anne's tummy. "Princess Elizabeth Tudor.  Your mother has a great taste, your name is strong like you, my beloved daughter."

After a few moments of silence, Henry broke it and seriously asked Anne.  "My love, didn't it cross your mind that it would be good for me if this is a baby girl? Because we will make another baby.  I enjoy touching and loving your sweet body, my darling." Anne moaned as Henry kissed her nape.

"Henry, we just.."

"Yes, in the morning, that's too long. I am hungry again for you, Anne.  I don't know if that's even possible to fall in love with you again and again, but I did.  I am crazy for you, my queen.  I am glad we both waited."

"I love you, Henry."

"I love you even more, Anne.  So much it hurts."

Henry passionately kissed her that led into another lovemaking. They seem not to get tired of each others touch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your Majesty! Your Majesty!"

Henry looked at the new arrival and sweaty Lola. She was breathing to hard as she stopped in front of Henry who is busy reading the people disputes and requests.

"What's wrong, Lola?"

"The Queen is now on labor.   She was moved on the birthing room, Your Highness."

Henry abruptly stood up and went to the birthing room as soon as possible.  Henry was nervous but happy.  He is praying to heavenly God for Anne safe delivery of their child.  He experienced how hell it is without Anne by his side.

"Arghhhhhhhhh." Henry stopped outside the birthing room when he hear Anne's voice full of pain. 

Henry opened the door and he saw Anne full of sweat, he can she the pain all over her face.  Anne forced a smile.

"Henry..." Anne said before another contraction hits her. "Ahhhhhhhhh.  Oh God it hurts." Henry went immediate to her side, wipe her tears and sweat as he whispered. "You can do it, my love. I love you and our child, so much."

"Thank you, Henry."

Anne gripped Henry's hand when another contraction come. "It'll will over soon, my queen.  It hurts to see you in pain, if I could just..."

"Henry, don't worry it's natural.  I have to go through this to see our beautiful creation.  I know this pain is nothing compare to the happiness she will brought to us." Anne said when she kissed Henry's hand.

After seven hour of labor, Roselyn delivered a good news to Anne and Henry.

"Your Highness, the child is now crowning.  I want you to push with all your might on the next contraction." Anne nodded, excited despite of all the pain and tiredness she's feeling.

The most pain contraction come and Anne push with all her energy.  "Ahhhhhhhhhh." 

A silence and the baby loudly cry. 

Henry kissed Anne's forehead. "You're strong and amazing, my queen." Roselyn cleaned the baby and put in the blanket.

"It's a princess, Your Highness."

Anne smiled.  She couldn't contain the happiness in her heart. "Let me see her."

Henry stood up and get the baby from Roselyn.  Henry couldn't explain the joy and happiness that surround his heart, it feels like he will burst in happiness any second.  He never thought that a little human being can bring him unexplainable feelings. Henry cried in overwhelming emotions seeing his daughter for the first stop.

"Stop hogging our daughter.  Let me look at her."

Henry chuckled at Anne's impatience. Henry went to Anne and sat beside her as he slowly put their daughter in her mother's arm. Anne kissed her daughter's forehead, she couldn't stop herself but to cry in joy.

"She's beautiful, Henry."

"It's because you are her mother."

Anne just smiled.  It seems like she cannot take her eyes off her daughter.

"No, she looked like you Henry.  She has a golden hair like yours." 

Henry just smiled.

"Princess Elizabeth."

"Welcome to the world, Princess Elizabeth.  I promised to protect and love you until my last breath, my beloved daughter." Henry said as he wrap his arms to Anne and Elizabeth. "You sleep now, my love.  I know you're tired, don't worry I will look after our Elizabeth."

Before Anne can closed her eyes, Mary, the first daughter of the king emerged from the door.

"Where's my sibling, father?"  Princess Mary excitedly asked.

"You're not behaving like a princess, Mary." Henry castigated her older daughter.

"Forgive me, Father.  I was just excited to meet my sister or brother?"

"C'mon Mary, just ignore your, Father.  He just didn't want to share your sister to anyone yet."

"Oh! I have a sister.  That's amazing, your majesty."

Mary went near to the bed and Anne let her hold Elizabeth.

"Wow, Father she's look like you. She's cute." Mary caressed Elizabeth's cheek.

"Careful, Mary." Henry said, protective to his new daughter.

"What's her name, Your Majesty?"

"Elizabeth."

"Hello, Princess Elizabeth.  I am your older sister, Mary.  I will marry next year and move to France.  It's sad that I only got to have a sibling and go away.  But I promise to look after you, Elizabeth. "

Henry smiled at his daughters.

"C'mon, the queen needs to rest."

Henry got Elizabeth from Mary's arms, put in the crib and help Anne to lliedown.

"Take rest, Your Majesty.  Thank you for giving me a sister." Mary smiled and bowed at Anne, then left.

Then Henry sat beside Anne and hummed a song until sleep took over her.

"My Queen, thank you for giving me the happiness in form of Elizabeth."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 279 23
*COMPLETED* Y/n and her friends are thieves/orphans from a distant village that dance for money, when Y/n meets a woman that gives her a great deal...
4.2K 442 46
"What are... we?" She thought for a moment. "Men call us elves." Alyssa was ever the rebel, with other dreams than being queen. Like having an adven...
2M 68.7K 53
Woke up in the ancient era frightened the hell out of her. But she has to make a choice : Let the real plot take place or try to change it. ••• His p...
41.9K 1K 20
You were pretty much a samurai. Everyone in your village thought you were the best! Until one day Sensei garmadon comes to you and tells you to work...