crumble | h.s

By ulookuglytodaysis

{completed} "I want to go home." I plead. "Do you? Because Lydia, I will take you home myself if that's wha... More

part one: the robbery
part two: aftermath
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
part fourteen
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
part twenty
part twenty one
part twenty two
part twenty three
part twenty four
part twenty five
part twenty six
part twenty seven
part twenty eight
part thirty
part thirty one
part thirty two
part thirty three
part thirty four
part thirty five
part thirty six
part thirty seven
part thirty eight
part thirty nine
part forty
part forty one
part forty two
part forty three
part forty four
part forty five
part forty six
part forty seven
part forty eight
part forty nine
part fifty
part fifty one
part fifty two
part fify three: 72 hours
part fifty four
party fifty five: 48 hours
part fifty six: 24 hours
part fifty seven: goodbye
part fifty eight
part fifty nine
part sixty
Author's Note
Announcement!!!!
RESURRECT
hi :)
surprise ...
new fic!

part twenty nine

7.8K 198 43
By ulookuglytodaysis

Lydia White

"Okay, Lydia listen." Harry says, while holding me to his chest tightly.

We stood hugging in the bathroom until I calmed down. I had avoided looking at the dead Phantom member the whole time.

"You're going to hold my hand, and we're going to get out of here. Look straight ahead the whole time we're walking out of the club, okay?" he says. I furrow my brows, but nod into his chest in agreement.

He pulls away from the hug, and immediately takes me hand in his. He guides me to the bathroom door and opens it wide, proceeding to walk out of it.

Despite Harry's instructions...I look down at the ground as soon as we leave the bathroom.

But when I saw the multiple dead, leather jacket wearing, bodies...I wish I had just looked straight ahead.

I gasped, which made Harry run faster until we were outside and in the parking lot.

He continued to jog with me through the lot, which had become much emptier. It wasn't until we turned the corner onto the main sidewalk when he stopped running.

But he kept holding my hand.

We both caught our breath as we walked side by side down the sidewalk in the pitch black night.

The only light came from the moon, and the street lamps.

"Where are the guys? Where's Eliza?" I ask, praying that they made it out alright.

"Louis and Niall left right after the shoot out stopped to make sure no one found the house." he says, making me nod.

"As for Liam and Eliza, they got out. I'm not sure where they went...Liam tried to stay and fight, but I told him to go get Eliza to safety." he tells me. I sigh in relief, knowing everyone was okay.

We walk down the dark pavement. I was still wearing Harry's flannel, which kept me significantly warm in the cold night.

I hear him let out a small cough. "Um, Lyds?" he says. I look over at him as we walk, waiting for him to continue.

"Did that man hurt you?" he asks with a face full of worry.

I shake my head and look forward. "No. I shot him before he could." I tell him. He nods as his lips form into a line.

"Fuck, I knew it wasn't a good idea to come here tonight." he says, cursing himself.

I squeeze his hand tighter. "But everybody made it out alright. That's what matters." I say softly. He shakes his head and lets out a huff of frustration.

I could see Harry's car about 40 feet away. We continue walking until Harry suddenly stops, dead in his tracks, holding my hand in a death grip.

"Harry wh-"

"Did you hear that?" he whispers, cutting me off. I knit my brows together and stay quiet, listening for any sort of odd noise.

Suddenly, I hear a quick 'click' noise...and then another.

"That sounded like-"

"A camera." he finishes my thought. "Get to the car, quick!" he whisper-shouts as he let's go of my hand. I start running and he follows behind me until we make it to his car.

He takes out his keys and fumbles with them before unlocking it. We both hop inside and he pulls out of his parking spot within the next second and speeds down the empty road.

"Why would someone be using a camera out here?" I say, out of breath.

"Someone was taking pictures of us." he says firmly, nervously fumbling with his lip.

I widen my eyes. Who would be taking our picture? And what are they going to use it for?

"Fuck this stupid night." he curses, slamming his fist on the steering wheel.

I take deep breaths and look out the window. We sped past street lamps and illuminated sidewalks.

Eventually we made it onto the main highway, where it was pretty much just a straight stretch of asphalt for some kilometers until the turn into the woods, where the house was hidden.

"So it was the Phantoms at the club?" I question as I take off the flannel and lay it against the front of my body, using it as a blanket.

"Yeah." he nods, clenching his jaw. I knew how angry he was just by watching his face.

"How the hell did they find out you were there?" I throw my hands up in the air. We parked far from the club to avoid something like this happening.

"Fuck, I don't know. I'm thinking maybe a Phantom was already at the club, or someone saw us and told them that we were there." he shakes his head.

I exhale and look at the ground, shaking my head.

"What if it's not safe back at the house?" I say in worry.

"From what I know, the only Phantom that knew about the house's location, was your brother. Also, we have a pretty heavy duty security system, so I'm not too worried about that." he explains. I nod my head and look out the windshield.

I couldn't believe that this was my life now. Never in a million years did I think I'd be living with four members of a deadly gang -one of them being the leader- and hiding out from their rival gang that was trying to kill us.

My mind drifts to Eliza. I still didn't know where she was and it immediately started to worry me to think about again. I knew that I had to get in contact with her to make sure she was okay.

I had left my phone in Harry's glove box before coming in the club, so I opened it and fished it out.

"What are you doing?" Harry says, glancing over at me.

"Calling Eliza. I just need to know she's somewhere safe." I say, opening my phone and dialing her number.

"She's with Liam."

"But I need to know for sure that she's okay." I tell him, holding the phone to my ear.

It starts ringing and I start praying that she'll pick up.

"Lydia?" The other end speaks. But the voice isn't Eliza's...it's a mans voice.

Liam.

"Liam? Where's El?" I say, beginning to panic because she didn't answer her phone personally.

"She's okay. I'm at her apartment and she just passed out, she was exhausted." he tells me.

I clutch my chest as I take a sigh of relief.

"Please take care of her Liam." I say into the phone.

"Of course. Tell Harry I'll be home in the morning." He says, then hangs up the phone.

"Everything good?" Harry speaks from the drivers seat. I turn off my phone and put it in my lap.

"Yeah. Liam's with her, he'll be home in the morning." I tell him. He nods and taps his fingers on the steering wheel.

-
After 10 more minutes, we get home. We pull into the driveway to see both Louis' truck and Niall's car.

We head inside and are met with silence and darkness. The boys must be asleep.

"I need a drink." Harry says, kicking his shoes off and walking towards the kitchen. I find myself following him and sitting down at one of the stools.

He fills a glass up with water and takes a big sip from it before putting it back down on the table.

I look down at my lap to realize that I'm still holding his flannel.

"Oh, do you want this back now?" I say, holding it up for him to see.

He looks at me and shakes his head. "No." he says.

I tilt my head and lower my hand. "You don't?" I question.

He shakes his head again while sipping his glass. I watch his mouth curl into a small smirk. "It looks better on you." he says, putting his glass of water down.

I feel my face get hot and I immediately look at the ground, forcing myself not to smile at his comment.

"So, are you almost done that book?" he says, referring to his Gatsby book he let me read.

"Oh yeah, finished before we left." I smile.

"That was fast." he chuckles.

I shrug. "I'm a fast reader."

He chuckles and dips his head down. "Ah." he responds.

I cover my mouth as I begin to yawn. It was about one in the morning, and I was completely worn out.

"Tired?" Harry asks, causing me to nod in response.

"Me too, let's go." he says, walking away from the counter, but waiting for me to follow him.

We walk up the stairs and stop at my bedroom door.

"G'night" Harry says as he starts to walk away.

"Wait." I say, making him turn back around. "Come on." I smile, opening the door.

He follows me into the bedroom and stands in the middle of it. I walk over to my nightstand and pull open the drawer to retrieve the blue book.

I walk over to him with the book in hand. "Here. Thank you." I say, passing it over to him. He takes it from my hand and smiles.

"How'd you like it?" he asks, looking down at the cover.

"Loved it." I smile brightly, making him look up at me and match my smile. "It's funny, I would have never thought you'd like a story like this one." I chuckle.

He nods and walks over to the edge of my bed and sits down, running his nimble, ring covered hands along the cover.

"It was one of the only books that I ever had growing up. I guess I just got so entrapped in the story and it's just been my favorite ever since." he says.

I smile softly as I sit down next to him. "Have you read any other books." I ask.

He sticks out his bottom lip and nods. "Oh yeah, but nothing will ever beat Gatsby." he says. He turns his head to look at me, causing our eyes to meet. I smile at him before thinking for a moment.

I get up quickly and go over to my dresser. I fish through the folded clothing until I find it.

My 'Charlottes Web' book.

I walk back over to him and sit down again. He looks at me in confusion.

"Here." I say, handing it over to him. He looks at me before reaching his hand out to retrieve the novel.

"Why?" he tilts his head.

"Because, I read your favorite...now you have to read mine." I smile.

He chuckles and nods, flipping the book in his hands to look at the front and the back.

He opens the front of the book and I widen my eyes as soon as he does so.

He furrows his brows. "What's this?" he asks as he looks down at the photograph sitting on the page.

"I forgot about that." I say.

He grabs the picture gently and holds it up, putting the book to the side.

The picture had a little girl and a little boy, sat outside in a backyard and eating ice cream.

Harry examines the photo and points to the little girl with blonde pigtails and a pink dress.

"That's you." he smiles.

I widen my eyes and laugh. "How'd you know."

"Your eyes." he says, still looking down at the photo. I grin slightly as I watch his green eyes dance around the picture.

He then points at the blonde little boy, who was wearing overalls and a white t-shirt.

"Who's that?" he asks.

I smile softly to myself. "Luke." I say.

"Oh." he says, knowing the topic of my brother was sensitive. I nod while looking down at the picture of Luke and I.

I remember that day so vividly. It was one of the few days that Luke and I were getting along. My father came home and surprised us with ice cream and we all played outside.

My mother took that picture while Luke and I were sitting together contently. She gave it to me when Luke disappeared, and I just kept it to look back at this one moment where everything was perfect.

"Do you miss him?" Harry asks, looking at me.

I shake my head. "Not really." I tell him, making him nod.

I lay down on the bed so that I was staring up at the ceiling.

"That little girl would have never guessed what life had in store for her." I say. Back then, I had no idea how my life would turn out...but I didn't have to worry about it because I was so young.

Harry lays down beside me, so we're both staring at the ceiling. He crossed his hands over my stomach, while I had one arm on my abdomen and one at my side.

"You mean she didn't predict she'd be living with a bunch of gang members?" he says sarcastically, making me chuckle.

"You're right, I should've foreseen that." I giggle.

I look over at Harry. He was just looking at the ceiling, but I knew that thousands of thoughts were going through his head.

As much as I wanted to talk to him about it, I could feel my eyes closing.

I was so tired, so I scoot up on the bed so my head could rest on the pillows. I lay my cheek on top of both my hands as I watch him stare up.

Slowly, my eyes start shutting...getting heavier and heavier with every second.

Until, eventually, I floated away into the blackness of sleep.

-

two updates in less than 24 hours!

vote and comment! i love you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 7 7
"Oh but you see sweetheart, there's so much more I am capable of. You see me from the outside, a guy who can just look at a person once and have them...
42.3K 688 64
*Story contains mature and explicit content* "Something wrong sweetheart ?" Harry's cocky tone only makes my blood boil more, and I don't even think...
94.3K 5.7K 65
[COMPLETED] "I see you've become brave" He chuckles, his eyes dark. "I didn't have a choice," I say without a hint of emotion in my voice. His eyes s...
3.6K 31 10
For Your Eyes Only this story contains: - violence - sexual content - verbal and physical abuse - harsh language - heavy drug use - suicidal th...