Chasing the nerd ✓

By itsnerdqueen

Meet Rachel Brody Everything comes easy to her. She has it all. Fame, money, boys. In one word popular. A God... More

Chapter 1|Rachel
Chapter 2|Noah
Chapter 3|Rachel
Chapter 4|Noah
Chapter 5|Rachel
Chapter 7|Noah
Chapter 8|Rachel
Chapter 9|Noah
Chapter 10|Noah
Chapter 11|Rachel
Chapter 12|Noah
Chapter 13|Noah
Chapter 14|Rachel
Chapter 15|Noah
Chapter 16|Rachel
Chapter 17|Noah
Chapter 18|Noah
Chapter 19|Rachel
Chapter 20|Rachel
Chapter 21|Noah
Chapter 22|Rachel
Chapter 23|Noah
Chapter 24|Noah
Chapter 25| Rachel
Chapter 26| Noah
Chapter 27| Rachel
Chapter 28| Rachel
Chapter 29| Noah
Chapter 30| Rachel
Chapter 31| Noah
Chapter 31| Noah (part 2)
Chapter 33| Rachel
Chapter 34| Rachel
Chapter 35| Noah
Chapter 36| Rachel
Chapter 37| Noah
Chapter 37| Noah (part 2)
Chapter 38|Rachel
Chapter 39| Noah
Chapter 40| Noah
Chapter 41|Rachel
Chapter 42| Noah
Chapter 43| Rachel
Chapter 44| Noah
Chapter 45| Noah
Chapter 46| Noah
Chapter 47| Rachel
Chapter 48| Noah
Chapter 49| Rachel
Chapter 50| Noah
Chapter 51| Rachel
Chapter 52| Noah
Epilogue

Chapter 6|Rachel

7.9K 300 43
By itsnerdqueen

"Hey baby!" I heard someone yell behind me, as I was walking across campus to get to class with Tina, who looked at me all confused. I turned to look. Ugh, Peter.

"Who are you talking to?" Tina asked him with hostility and looked at him up and down, like he was a bug that came into her way before she crashed it.

"Um, Rachel." He said deadpan.

"Oh, honey. Get over it." She rolled her eyes and I chuckled a little under my breath, raising my eyes to look at Peter.

"Peter, we talked about this. We had fun one or two times, but I'm not your baby. We're not together." I said firmly to him one more time. Next time I want something meaningless, I'll make sure he is not as clingy as this one and understands the rules correctly.

Anger flashed in his eyes and he rolled up his hands into fists.

"Oh, really? I was good enough to get off and now what? I'm nothing? Just a hook-up whenever you feel like it?"

"Did you get your period your something?" Tina asked sarcastically, rolling her eyes again, mocking him.

"Shut up bitch." He said without even looking at her and I pressed my lips together. Now I was getting pissed.

"First of all I didn't trick you to do what you did. You wanted to, I wanted to and in the spur of moment we did it. But I was clear with you. No strings attached. Apparently you didn't caught that, so let me be crystal clear. I'm not your baby, I'm not your anything for that matter, not even your occasional hook-up, so stay the fuck away from me."

His blue eyes were getting darker with anger as I spoke to him, but I couldn't care less. I raised my chin arrogantly, never breaking contact with him.

"Wow, you really are a bitch."

"That's the word on the street, dear. What did you expect? That I was a tortured soul waiting to be saved? Ple-a-se!" I said waving my arm in disgust as he shrugged a little. Well, life is a bitch. Sorry!

I'm not usually that mean. I'm very sweet to people, but he was rude. And if I was all sweet and mellow to him again,he wouldn't understand, just like last time.

"You know what? Fuck off." He said, turned his back at us and left like his pants were on fire.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. You suck at picking guys." She shook her head with disapproval.

"It didn't think it through. He had the body and those beautiful eyes and I was horny. We all make mistakes, move on." Hooking my arm with hers, I started walking again looking all around campus intensely. I was scanning the place to see if I could spot that pair of ugly glasses of his.

"What's you doin'?" Tina pulled my arm a bit and looked at me.

"Nothing. What?"

"I see you, you know. And I know what you're doing." She smirked.

I cursed under my breath for my lack of discretion. Real subtle, Rachel. Well done. Maybe next time put up a poster saying you are looking for him. I scolded myself and bowed my head a little to hide a blush I felt forming in my face. What's up with that lately? I never blush!

Tina took my silence as a confirmation of what she just said and continued talking.

"What makes you think he is even here, on campus? He might go to same lame community college or maybe he's not a college kid at all."

"He seemed like a college student. To be frank, I don't know why I'm looking. You're right he may not be here but.." I tucked my hair behind my ear and signed "Ah, I guess I was hoping he'd be here."

"You know what you need? Go get yourself a player, have some mind-blowing meaningless sex. That'll you get to forget about the loser."

I smirked and looked at her.

"When was the last time you had mind-blowing meaningless sex?"

"Hey!" she said defensively "I'm goin' through a dry period, that's all. Besides I have my eye on someone anyway." She smiled, cunningly.

"Ah-huh. Should I ask?" smiling, I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

"You should not. For your own good. Now.." she said and stopped as we reached her classroom. I studied her for a second. I had a feeling I knew who she meant, but I didn't want to talk about it. Beside when she is ready, she will tell me herself."How about we go to dinner after we're done?"

"I have to get downtown to the offices but after that, sure." I said and she nodded. She smiled sweetly to a guy that was passing by.

"Hey, Tina. Sup? You comin'?" he said smiling all the way grabbing the strap of his backpack as he lingered next to us.

"Yeah, sure. Wait for me. Bye bitch"

I laughed as I watched her getting into the room, after grabbing that guy's arm and started chatting right away.

I had to stop in the library before going to class to return a book I needed for one of my assignments.

As I was waiting patiently for the old lady to come to the front desk I thought I saw something with the corner of my eye. And when I say something, I mean him of course. I turned at once but no one was there other than some Asian kids talking amongst themselves.

Great, I'm hallucinating now. What is it about that guy I can't stop thinking about?

It's because he rejected you, silly! I heard my subconscious say at me and I frowned. Well, he didn't reject me per se, but he seemed to dislike me. Maybe dislike was a mild way to put it, but still.

It was weird, usually guys tend to lust after me, gawking and chasing me all the damn time, but he didn't. I doubt it if he even spared me a second glance.

My inner Goddess and my ego were a bit bruised, but I didn't care that much. This whole situation was refreshing.

The rest of the day passed in a daze and suddenly I was on my way to the company's offices. I need to see if Danny made any progress finding him, and if he didn't I was gonna nag him to try harder.

"Hey Linda." I smile gently to my brother's secretary when I reached his office.

"Ah, miss Rachel. Hello. We didn't expect you." She smiled back at me, genuinely happy to see me. She was in her mid-forties, very lean and tall with brown hair, neatly arranged in a low updo. She didn't have to call me miss but out of respect she keeps doing it, no matter how many times I told her not to.

"So how are your kids? Still giving you a hard time?" I ask politely.

Daddy says, that if you want work to go smoothly you have to really appreciate the people that work for you. You have to make them your strongest allies and let them know that they matter. That's the only way they'll give their absolute best.

My dad is a wise man and I listen to him, so even though I don't work in the company yet,, I know most of the personnel and chat with them when I am here, taking an interest in their lives.

"Well they're almost teenagers and you know puberty is a rough period. Imagine when you have twin boys." She says and signs repositioning her glasses further up in her nose.

"Ouf, that's sound difficult. You will handle it, I'm sure of that. Is Danny in?" I say nodding at his door but before she answers, the door opens and he comes out with my brother next to him.

A huge smile is forming in my face and I feel giddy.

"Danny you found him!"

My brother looks up and so does he frowning when our sights meet. I, on the other hand, feel lighter than air.

"What are you talking about?" my brother says confused looking at me, like I was mad.

He keeps looking at me with his piercing green eyes and his lips are pressed in a hard line. I guess he's not happy about this. Other than that, he looks good. I mean yummy,yum, yum. He has on black jeans with a red-black flannel shirt. I can see a black T-shirt peeking up on his collar and suddenly I'm very curious to see if it's just a plain T-shirt, or has some superheroes shit on it. Well, if I'm being honest on the curiosity, department I wanna see what he looks like without any clothes on.

"Rachel!" Danny said again waking me up from my daydreaming. Before I could answer, he spoke after clearing his throat. Ah, that voice!

"I'm going to go now to leave you to it. Thank you again, Mr. Brody." He said and bowed slightly his head and started walking towards the exit without as much as a look to me.

"Wait! Danny, did you give him a check?" something was off, I could sense it.

"A check? What for?" Danny looked at me like I lost my mind.

"He is the guy I was telling about the other day. The one I hit with my car."

"Oh, really? Noah, wait a minute. Is that true?" he stopped and turned to look at Danny defeated, ignoring my presence all together. Man, this guy can't stand me!

"It was nothing really. Just a scratch. No need to worry." He said with a monotonous tone, trying really hard to remain calm to make himself sound honest.

I scoffed.

"Oh, bullshit. I did more than a scratch. His hood was pushed in and that bumper of his needs to be changed."

He looked at me with a neutral expression, but I bet money he was getting angry.

"Wow, ok. Let me write you a check then, Noah. It was Rachel's fault. She wants to make it up to you, anyway." Danny said and started walking to his office but he didn't move an inch. His words stopped Danny from getting his checkbook.

"With all due respect sir, I don't want the money. I have told that to your sister as well. I can manage on my own. So thank you, but no thank you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go." And with that he turned his back and left, leaving us looking at him dumbfounded.

"He is stubborn." Danny said and shook his head.

"Well, I told you." I replied with a deadpan expression and walked away almost running to catch up to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 70.9K 42
[2022 WATTPAD BOOKS AWARD & WATTY WINNER: GETTING PUBLISHED 2025] There's a boy at Evergreen High that has a different girlfriend every two weeks, a...
53.5K 1.1K 24
Well there's always a stereotype that a lil naive girl falling for his hot jock brothers best friend!!! But, I broke all the stereotypes because I fe...
282K 4.4K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
118K 5.4K 35
growing up and growing apart sometimes people who really love you have to leave you for your own good and it's okay to grow apart holding on to thi...