One Piece: In One Piece...And...

By Neko1290

[REWRITE VERSION -- Note: Probably going to change the title at some point] Meredith Akira is a child that lo... More

OLD VERSION IS SOMEWHERE ELSE
Note to Readers
INFORMATION OF THE MAIN CHARACTER + A/N

Prologue

2.8K 115 69
By Neko1290

Even before I opened my eyes for the first time...it was a fight for my life.

"It's a boy! It's a beautiful boy!"

"Thank you, my love. This child is beautiful...He will do great things."

"Of course he will...he is your son, Ă̵͎͚̼ͅp̵̢̱͈͙͋̓̏̀͘ó̴̩̝͖͊̏l̶̰͆͌ļ̶͖͛͐̃̊o̸̩̬̎̑̎̿"

I do not remember much of my birth parents. Only that one was a mortal...and one was a god. It was obvious such a relationship wouldn't end well.

"A relationship between a God and a mortal is beyond starcrossed. It was fated to be a tragedy from the start. The sheer amount of stories should have proven that. Fool."

"You can abandon me for all I care! I was ready for it. But don't you dare abandon your son, your blood!"

"I'll come back for you, my son. I promise...!"

In a world where human greed, corruption, and cowardness dominated the world. In a world where 80% of animals and plants are extinct. In a world where poverty was 99% and the rich were 1% while the earth was dying around them...It was grey and dull.  

"Please...give us some food...even the scraps are fine... my child...my child is dying!"

"How disgusting! Guards! Send this trash to Section 4 to join those vermins! At least the rats would have something to feast on!"

"Grandma...shouldn't we help them?" 

"If you want to go get eaten by the rats with them, go ahead! One less mouth to feed!"

But there was one thing that I thought was interesting. 

"What is this on display?"

"This is what the people from 100 years ago used as entertainment. It was called "Japanese Animation," or "anime" for short. On this display, it shows an episode of one of the popular tv series of the 19th and 20th century called, "One Piece." It is a joke compared to the top-tech 3d CGI animus of today."

It was old. Rustic, compared to modern entertainment. But its story...

"...That animation from the museum...that...anime. I want to see more."

"You watch anime? Isn't that some kind of historical artefact? How pathetic!"

And the characters...They made me feel more than the people around me. They felt so much more alive.

"I'm going to be the King of the Pirates!"

"I love heroes, but I don't want to become one."

"Even though I've been a good-for-nothing my whole life, even though I have the blood of a demon within me...You guys still loved me! Thank you so much!"

It was the first time I saw colour. The first time I felt something other than this dull emptiness. And perhaps after watching these "characters"...I started to see them around me.

"I want to live in a free world! One where my life isn't decided by a pile of cash. A world where trust triumphs gold! I want to live without regrets!"

"Even though you are a child...you are smart...you are strong. Please...help us! Don't observe from the sidelines anymore! We will show you that there is so much more life to us than this!

Maybe it was because of this "anime" that I started to see something in the people who seemed so lifeless before.

"...Please...guide us."

"Your blue hair...your perfect presence...your not completely human are you?"

"Please lead us, Demigod!"

"̷̨̳̖̞͙̇̽.̸̺̻̩̯̞̄̒͊͗.̷̟̀̄̊̈́͝.̸̦͉̫̏̀W̶̛̻̫͕̻̠͗͌͗͠h̵͓̱͋͐͋ͅä̶̭́̇̌͊t̵͍̘̟̤͆͐̇ͅ ̴̥̀̅̑w̸̛̘̎̊̇͘a̶̲͓̤͕̐ś̵̖͜ ̶̞͑̒̄̉͝t̴͓̀h̵͛̅̅͜e̸͍̮̩̬͗͌ ̸͈̘͓͙̌̑̑̋̑p̵͔͍̗̏ŏ̸̧͕̲̗̠͋͝í̸̟̞̜́̈́n̴͚̒̈́̇t̶̩͙͕̽ ̵̖̣̦̫́͑̊͗̏o̵̬͍̾͒̚̕f̷̧̱̤̺̓̈́͠ ̴̫̯̹̟̉́̂a̴̛̝̙͔͘l̶̢̙̅ľ̵̝͇͍̝͜ ̶̨̱͕͌̄̔̚t̴̙͕̣̿̆̅h̸̦̰͉͂͐̈́̂i̸͉̺̣̋̚s̴̺̩̻̓͜.̸̜̳͚͠.̷̠͚̬̝̩̓.̸͉̥̤̾̈̈́̔?̶̢̯͎̙̇"̵̙̅͊̽

...I'll spare you the rest. He came back for me at that moment. You know...Despite everything, I was never angry at him. Especially after he gave me something that changed my life.

"Stories give birth to new universes. I can send you to "that" universe. The world before was too small for you that it had the audacity to oppress you. In this world...live the life you want. Show them the presence of a demigod."

It was like a rebirth. Though I was only 12, I felt old. He said that those with the blood of immortals age faster mentally while staying youthful. But seeing the beautiful sea for the first time with my own eyes...it was calling me. 

"Explore to your heart's desire. Live among the people, the world you've come to love. The story only covers the surface, but if you dive deeper you'll see that there is so much more."

Characters...people that made me feel so many different emotions. I get to see them? They are real? Abilities that come with my bloodline were unlocked. I felt like part of me was filled.

"What do you want to do?  Who do you want to be? The possibilities are endless."

...Revolutionaries to the Marines...Piracy to Nobility...Celebrity to Notoriety. I wanted it all. I want to know it all--to experience it all. 

"...You can. I have just the thing for you. I cannot claim myself as your father proudly, but perhaps this is the first step of redeeming myself."

Well...I wouldn't say it was the worst first step. 

"And maybe...in this new world, you can experience the other side of humanity you only had a taste of...

This world wasn't my own...yet it was mine. I will mark my name in her history.

" K̴̟̯̿́̉͝ǎ̸̭͔̂͂̕ŕ̶̟̲̪͔̓̔̏m̶̫̏̋͝͠ȃ̴̦͙̬͛͘ of the Whitebeard Pirates bounty shot up!"

"Welcome to Mariejois, Noble R̴̥̬̘̦͖̈́̐̇͌́i̶̥̩̍͗͛̏s̷̫͓̘̩͊̂̿̚͠t̷̨̘̹͉͋͋́͋o̷̳͕͒͐̔́͊r̶̖̎̅͑"

"Your next assignment from Dragon himself...recruit S̶̗̾h̴̬͉̲̖́͐̕i̴̧̛͉̓̈́ͅn̸̮̬͑s̵͎̰͌̓̊ụ̸̃̓̓k̷̩̳̘̾̂̾ͅë̴̻̹͕̘̘͐̾ for the Revolutionary Army!"

"Congratulations on your promotion to Vice-Admiral, A̸̘͍̥̍r̷̠͍͉̓̓͜͠è̵̹̫̭s̷͖͎̫͗̄̎̏̕"

"Warlord M̶͎͚͔͕̠̄a̵͇͕̝̍͒̇̚v̶̩͖̯̿̄î̷̖̺̰̩̀s̶͚͎̻̙̒̑͑"...we better keep an eye on him..."

"Hey hey hey, don't be so stingy! I may be a pirate, but I'm 100--oh wait, 50% human! Names E̷͔͇̅̂̃̕͜ŕ̴͍̖̚͠ȩ̸͎̝̼̾ͅn̷̛̰̪̰̓̌͛̈́ by the way! Nice to meetcha!"

"Isn't it interesting? A Phantom thief that steals from Emperors to Celestial Dragons! I saw him once...he reminded me of you, K̷̡̨͓͓̈́͠a̴͈̟̥̪͍͝i̷͈͓̙͒̀͑̎͊ñ̶͖̋͛̈́̆...but you're a world-famous celebrity! You have no time for thievery...right?"

And most of all...I want to see it from that person's side.

"He's from the Strawhat pirates! The first-mate!"

"And maybe...just maybe, I could find out the ending that I couldn't see no matter how much I searched for the last episodes of One Piece.

"Meredith D. Akira!"

My blood is racing...Isn't this exciting?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

To be continued.

~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~

A/N: So how was the prologue? Give me your thoughts! By the way, there won't be multiple OCs but only one person who will have...Ok spoiler coming up. Scroll down to see it.

I won't be revealing everything in one go. (I'm trying to learn how to pace myself in writing). But I hope this prologue didn't make you want to quit this story. I hope you will give this fanfic a chance. (Or discard it, I mean it's your life)

By the way, the video on top gets you into the mood of "One Piece" (If you get what I mean. It works for me). Credits go to its owner (Love that guy)

Comment and Vote! (I really want to hear your thoughts about this fanfic and the prologue, I'm actually kind of excited for this fanfic)

Until next time (It's soon, don't worry. I won't be gone for another 2 years or something. Hopefully I can get a few more chapters done this week)

Neko1290 (Or Shin-chan if you dislike numbers, °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°)

.

SPOILER BELOW

\
\
\
V

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

SPOILER: "MULTIPLE IDENTITIES" (a/n: I mean, it was pretty obvious right?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 28.7K 43
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
337K 11K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
417K 10.5K 59
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
145K 2.9K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...