Call Me Dad

By Existential_CrisisTM

Kakashi was chaotically gay, couldn't take care of himself let alone a child, knew nothing about parenting, b... More

1. Social Services & Adoption
2. Shopping and A Few Girls
3. Hatake Family
5. Academy
6. Friends?
7. Birthday
8. TenTen..
9. Halloween
10. Mia's Hardship
11. The Closet
12. Meetings
13. Her Graduation
400 Special Crossover Thing????
14. Adoption, the Sequel
15. Mizuki's Test
16. Sensei
17. Bonds
18. Uchiha
19. Training Skills
20. Mysteries and Missions
21. C-Rank

4. Hobbies

8.2K 452 410
By Existential_CrisisTM

"You really need a hobby."

It was noon, with Spring nearing. Naruto, Kakashi, and TenTen laid sprawled in the library. Kakashi was reading his ever mysterious book, a cloth book cover hiding whatever the front showed.

TenTen and Naruto were poring over some medical textbooks, trying to figure out the antidote for a poison Kakashi assigned.

"I do!" Naruto protested, gesturing to the books surrounding him with tanned, scarred fingers.

"That doesn't count! You need something you enjoy, and to help you relax." His best friend exclaimed.

"But I—"

"Not related to work! Or shinobi life!" TenTen warned.

Naruto drooped down as Kakashi chuckled.

"You need to go outside!"

"But I—"

"Not pranking!"

"What do you suppose I do then?" Naruto gave up, laying down his book as he pouted at TenTen.

She sighed, rubbing her forehead. "Fine! Let's go try stuff out and figure out what you like to do!"

Kakashi brightened. "That actually sounds like a great idea, TenTen!"

"I know Kakashi-sama. That's why I came up with it." TenTen huffed cheekily, grabbing her best friend's arm and tugging him in the direction of the exit.

"B-bye Dad!" Naruto managed as he was dragged out of the room.

"Bye Naruto!"

Kakashi smiled. Naruto was in good hands.

Now back to Icha Icha—

::

"So what's first?" TenTen finally let go of his wrist and was looking around the village with glittering eyes.

"I'm not sure!" TenTen chirped. She turned to face a bakery.

"Have you ever baked?"

Naruto's nose scrunched up slightly as he tried to remember.

Sure, he loved to cook with Kakashi, but he wasn't much of a sweet tooth anyway, so...

"No, I don't think so."

TenTen grinned.

Naruto gulped, a bead of sweat rolling down his nervous face.

::

Naruto and TenTen ran out of the blazing bakery, coughing as the patrons attempted to save the building with water style jutsu.

Naruto coughed out some flour as TenTen grimaced, wiping off some egg shells in her hair.

"Okay, so baking is a no."

Naruto was silent, but the building on fire behind them spoke for him.

::

"This is stupid!" Naruto huffed.

TenTen hummed in agreement, tossing the fishing rod behind her.

Suddenly, Naruto was sent crashing into the small lake. He resurfaced to glare childishly at a cackling TenTen.

A grin couldn't help but creep onto his face as he pulled on her leg, sending her straight into the water with him.

::

"What is it?"

Naruto stuck his tongue out at his companion.

"It's me and my family, duh!"

TenTen squinted, trying to make sense of the mash of colors on the canvas before her.

The more she looked at it, the bigger her smile grew.

Naruto, Kakashi, and TenTen stood in the foreground, holding hands and smiling. Behind them, Teuchi and his daughter were holding a huge pot of ramen. Next to the ramen stand sat an army of dog summons, with Pakun in front.

"That's really sweet Naru..."

Naruto grinned, paint splatter covering him from head to toe.

"Really?"

"Yeah, but I don't know if you are the best at it.."

Naruto rolled his eyes playfully and agreed silently, picking up the canvas and sticking it in his backpack for later.

::

A cry of frustration rang out, causing birds to caw in alarm and fly away.

"Ugh! We haven't found anything that feels right!"

Naruto huffed, crossing his arms and kicking at the dirt.

TenTen nodded, scanning her eyes around for any ideas. They had wandered a bit out of the bustling areas, and were just walking around the forested side of the village.

"Let's just head back into town. Maybe by some divine, magical power, we'll find something."

Naruto pouted. "The ANBU are still trying to track us down because of the bakery fire, but okay."

::

They were walking down the street when it hit them.

More specifically, Naruto.

"Get away from me, you fox!" Naruto frowned.

It's been so long since someone was so rude in public, not that he was missing it. By now, almost the entire village was decent enough to him, calling him "Little Hatake" or "Kakashi's son."

Naruto flinched as a small item hit the side of his head.

He quietly turned and crouched, picking up the little packet as TenTen growled and began to march toward the daring citizen.

Naruto turned it over in his hands, reading the information.

SEED PACKET COMBO

INCLUDING:

-TOMATOES
-HYDRANGEAS
-BASIL
-MINT LEAVES

Naruto smiled, until his head shot up at the sound of shouting.

"He was literally walking away from you!" TenTen shouted, gesturing rudely to the man.

"I don't care." He spit out, though seemed kind of nervous by the spitfire girl. "He's still a demon."

"What did he ever do to you! All he's doing is walking in the village he lives in!"

"HE KILLED MY BROTHER!" The man screamed right back.

"When! When could he have possibly done this!"

The man receded just a bit. "...7..7 years ago.."

"He was an infant at that time! Or not even born! People like you make me sick! Blaming kids on things they had no—"

Naruto laughed nervously as he grabbed onto TenTen's arm, dragging her away and murmuring thanks.

"It's okay TenTen."

"I'm sorry Naru, it's just I can't stand people like him. You didn't do anything wrong! Sure, there were the few pranks we pull, but then they've been hating you long before then!" She fumed, stomping her foot.

TenTen was the only person Naruto confided in completely enough for her to know everything. Leroy, Mia, the reason he was always inside, the orphanage, the bias.

The only thing she didn't know was the seal on his stomach, and what it was.

Naruto chuckled slightly. "Oh TenTen, what would I do without my savior!" He cried dramatically, falling into her arms.

"Probably get beaten up.." TenTen grumbled.

"And I'd be lonely." Naruto grinned. Beginning to braid his friend's hair.

"I can't believe in a month, you'll be going to the Academy... We won't be able to hang out everyday.."

"Yes we will! We can hang out after school, and we still have the training sessions on Friday with Kakashi. I don't even go to school on Saturday and Sunday, so we can hang out then as well!" TenTen tried to convince Naruto all was well, but Naruto still continued to worry over it for the past 3 months.

Naruto sighed, smiling sadly. "I guess.." He continued to braid TenTen's long hair.

"What's that you got there?" TenTen asked, slowly calming down as she noticed the seed packet in his lap.

"Oh, I think the guy threw it at my head. It's fine though, it's a seed packet. I think I want to try gardening."

TenTen grinned.

"That sounds awesome."

::

Not over 2 weeks later, Naruto stood triumphantly behind his home, wiping the sweat off his forehead as he looked proudly at the growing seedlings in his small garden.

Kakashi was ecstatic, buying Naruto all the tools he would need and more.

Gardening was great, in Naruto's opinion.

It was calming, and refreshing to raise to life something. To care for a small, living thing, and have full responsibility over what happens. There were so much plants to learn about, and almost every plant had a different care need. There were dangerous plants he could use for battle, or poisonous ones, as well as medicinal plants that could save lives.

Or just pretty ones, he thought as he smiled at the small budding hydrangea.

Gardening even passed TenTen's checklist.

Not reading? Check.

Forcing him to be outside? Check.

Not related to shinobi work? Check.

Makes Naruto happy? Check.

Naruto smiled at the thought of his best friend. 2 years ago, he wouldn't have believed he'd come so far and earn a family that loves him. He would never trade them for anything and everything in the world.

If only everything could stay the same.

And so, Naruto Hatake smiled, basking in the shining sun as he tended to the plants, thinking of his father inside, and his best friend, who was preparing to become a shinobi.

Life was perfect.

::

AWW

So this book is literally the only one that brings so many smiles to both my face and the readers. I love the comments and support so thank you all, also this was just a little filler gift I'm sorry if you wanted me to continue the plot. I really don't have a plot it's just Kakashi and Naruto being adorable what the heck

Okay hope you have a great day or night good bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 362 32
She had pain in her eyes as she jumped through the forest. Her clothes ripped and her whole body covered in bruises and wounds. Holding tears back as...
73.3K 1.2K 52
You're the daughter of kakashi hatake. Everything was good and fine in your life, nothing new until your dad decides he wants you to meet his team...
1.3K 76 15
꧁Obito Uchiha x Kakashi Hatake , Modern AU꧂ ➪Obito Uchiha is just a regular person. Nothing special really. He has a younger sister and two older bro...
181K 6.2K 36
"But don't ever, and I mean never, hurt my friends and family. I will become the monster you all think I am, ya know." Unexpected thing happen. Her b...