Myths and Legends

By Hailey-Senpai

Average people have been given the manifested power of mythical creatures. Some have found the good in themse... More

//1//
//2//
//3//
//4//
//5//
//6//
//7//
//8//
//10//
//11//
//12//
//13//
//14//

//9//

76 3 2
By Hailey-Senpai

+++++++++++++++++++

A Few Moments Ago

+++++++++++++++++++

"Would you look who it is, Seth. It's been awhile." The store clerk greeted Seth as he entered the store.

"It has been, Racheal." Seth responded as he led Ursa to the desk.

Racheal blew a bubble with the white gum that she was chewing in her mouth, "They're gonna add a coffee shop addition in here next month." She commented.

"I see that life isn't giving you a break." Seth remarked.

She groaned loudly, "Yeah, right? The boss is trying to make me a barista. She's lucky enough that I agreed to work cashier. I swear." 

Feeling a bit annoyed at Seth suddenly being social, Ursa puffed out her cheeks.

"What kind of books do you have?" She asked bluntly, causing Racheal to look down at her in surprise.

"Oh.. uh, all kinds of books." Racheal answered. "Are you looking for something specific?" 

Ursa nodded, "Yes, actually. I wanna read a series that's popular with high school students."

"Okay, let me see what I can find." Racheal said, and left the back of the counter to look at a certain section of the book store.

Seth looked down at Ursa in confusion, "Why do you want a popular book series?" He asked.

Ursa gave the taller male a sly grin, "Because, I want to have something in common with my classmates. You know, not be the weird girl with pink hair who has no friends."

Seth sighed and patted her shoulder, "Nobody cares about who you are or what you look like, trust me, Urs." 

"It's different for you guys, you already have friend groups and the whole shindig of high school figured out." Ursa pouted.

"You're using Phoebe words now, better not make that a habit or you'll be stuck with me and my library friends." Seth chuckled.

"'Library Friends'?" Ursa questioned, tilting her head a bit.

"The books, I don't have friends." Seth deadpanned, causing Ursa to giggle.

"But what about the purple haired guy?" Ursa inquired.

"Julian is friends with everyone, he makes it his job to be friends with everyone." Seth explained.

Racheal then returned with a small stack of books in her arms, "Well I wasn't sure what exactly you were going for, but here are a few from the popular high school section. I brought: 'Queen of Clubs', a mystery and drama series, there's 'Just Us', the romantic genre - total hit with the corny girls, and 'True Gems' - this one has almost sold out every week, complete drama, mystery and comedy." 

Ursa scanned the books, front and back cover, hoping to pike her interest in one. The last book that Racheal had presented her intrigued the young pink haired girl. She read the plot summary and smiled as she felt like it was a story that she could get behind and enjoy.

"I want this one, please!" Ursa nodded and handed the book towards Racheal.

The dark red head nodded and looked at Seth, "Anything you want me to grab you?" She asked.

Seth shook his head, "Not today, I think my library is overfilled as it is."

Racheal smirked, "Good call."

She then proceeded to checkout the book and recommend that Ursa get the next book in the series when the books are restocked next month. As Ursa was led out of the store with Seth, who held the door, she looked up at him with a big smile.

"Do you go there all the time?" She asked.

Seth thought for a moment before answering, "No, well whenever I can I go there, I do. It's like libraries are where I feel better." 

"Okay, it's good that you have places like that." Ursa commented. "Having a safe place. Pryce has one too, I think mine is my bedroom for sure... but I dunno about Phoebe."

Seth nodded in understanding before glancing towards the familiar fire coloured hair that was sitting in the frozen yogurt bar, 'Kiddos'. He could see Phoebe's face, grinning at something that Julian had said. Then there was a moment where Phoebe's face fell at something that her friends were saying to her. It only escalated to one of discomfort, an expression that Seth saw on an rarity.

"Let's go show Phoebe that book you got." Seth urged Ursa, hoping that she would provide a good decoy and distraction to help out Phoebe.

+++++++++

Elsewhere

++++++++++

'Hmmm, what to eat, what to eat?' Pryce thought to himself as he looked from each fast food shop to the next.

'What am I in the mood for?' 

Then suddenly, his attention was drawn to the loud sound effects coming from a familiar store.

Looking over, Pryce saw the wondrous land that was his arcade heaven. Glancing around to see if any of his housemates were around, he immediately grinned when the coast was clear.

'I'm sure twenty minutes won't be too long or too much money.' He thought and then rushed into the arcade.

"Now, where should I start?" He asked out loud, rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

As luck would have it, Pryce spent most of his time at the arcade. 

All that money that Seth had given Pryce? All of that forty dollars?

Well when Pryce went to reach for more money in his jean pockets after losing another round of a first person shooter, he had the realization that now the money was no more.

"Dammit!" Pryce cursed, "I was so close to winning! Now Seth's gonna bash my head in for being right." 

"That's a shame." A voice piped up, causing Pryce to turn around quickly.

There stood a woman with dark blonde hair that was in a crown braid, her dark sunglasses concealed the colour of her eyes and her outfit looked very profession for a trip to the mall.

"Sorry, I was watching you play this game and you were doing so well." The woman smiled with her red glossy covered lips. "My son actually plays that game a lot, but still can't seem to figure out how to beat the first few levels."

"Oh uh, yeah it's a pretty tough game the you don't have a handle on the shooting mechanics." Pryce noted, awkwardly.

Pryce was never great with strangers.

"He usually uses up his allowance on trying to figure that whole thing out, it's just beyond me." The woman continued, then began to dig in her purse, only to pull out a leather wallet. She pulled out a twenty dollar bill and handed it to Pryce. "Here, maybe so your brother won't bash your head in."

Pryce was reluctant to take the money from the woman. 

"Oh no, I couldn't take it from you." He attempted to politely refuse.

"No, I insist." The woman persisted.

Eventually, Pryce gave in and thanked the woman for the money as he took it.

"No problem at all, dear." The woman said before turning and leaving the arcade.

Before Pryce could realize something off about the woman, his name was called out from the familiar people that he lived with.

"Oh hey you guys!" Pryce grinned and ran up to them.

"Who was that lady you were talking to?" Phoebe questioned, looking at the direction that the woman left in.

"I dunno, she saw me playing a game that her son was struggling with and gave me twenty bucks when I lost." Pryce explained.

"Yeah, lost all of the money that I gave you. She probably felt bad for you and gave you pity money." Seth teased.

"Don't take me for a pity money kind of guy." Pryce shot back.

"Okay you two, how about we grab something to eat and then head back home?" Phoebe suggested, trying to keep the peace.

"You already had frozen yogurt!" Ursa pointed out with her lip sticking out in a pout.

"Doesn't mean I'm not hungry." Phoebe defended.

Ursa and Phoebe bumped hips and laughed as Ursa exclaimed what she wanted to eat, the boys just shrugged and followed along.

+++++++++++

"But what's the whole point of adding sauce for free on the Number Four meal, but it costs another fifty cents on every other meal?" Pryce exclaimed, as he walked along side the others.

It was beginning to get dark out as they walked on the sidewalk. The air was beginning to get colder, the kids knew that fall was coming soon.

"Yeah, it's a real scam, but business is business." Seth shrugged.

"How else do people make a living? Being honest?" Phoebe asked sarcastically, then proceeded to laugh with the others.

The conversation toned down between the kids. Ursa began to shiver from the sudden chill in the weather.

"Oh hey, hear Ursa." Phoebe said as she took off her black leather jacket and put it over Ursa's shoulders. "Wouldn't want you to catch a cold or anything."

Ursa smiled gratefully at Phoebe and thanked her.

Just as Phoebe smiled back at Ursa, a loud crack of a branch startled Phoebe. She halted walking and quickly turn to look behind the group in a panic.

Not seeing anyone, but having the feeling of someone watching her and the group made Phoebe feeling very uneasy. 

"Hey, you alright Phoebe?" Seth questioned, feeling concerned for her behaviour.

Phoebe leaned closer to Seth, "I don't feel safe, Seth. I feel like we're being watched." She whispered to him.

Seth looked over his shoulder to see if Phoebe's fears were valid. He did feel a bit of uneasiness himself. "Okay." He whispered back, but then ushered the siblings in front of them.

"Hey, what's the big idea?!" Pryce grumbled.

"Don't worry about it, let's just hurry home." Seth whispered to Pryce, holding his hand on his shoulder tightly.

Without any further questioning, the group walked at a rushed paced, hoping to return to the safety of their home.

Relief washed over the group, mainly Phoebe's nerves as the kids were so close to the golden rimmed gate that would lead into their home.

"Hey! Stop!" A female voice called, the quick clicking of heels following.

The kids quickly turned to see who was following them, only for Pryce to recognize her.

"Oh hey it's the pity money lady!" He deadpanned.

"Who cares?! We still barely know her!" Seth exclaimed, pushing the younger kids behind him to protect them.

"Who are you and why are following us?!" Phoebe asked, swallowing her fear.

The woman huffed as she finally stopped, clearly out of breath, "Jesus Christ *huff* you say following *wheeze* I say an unexpected running marathon *ha* in heels. Good lord, I didn't think we'd get here soon enough." 

The kids looked at each other, unsure of how to react to the woman or what to do.

Luckily, the security camera detached from a pillar that held the gate to the large marble wall and maneuvered to the kids.

"Why are you all still standing out here?" Chandler asked through the camera.

Pryce pointed to the woman and the camera directed its attention to her. It looked to scan her before the kids heard a gasp from the camera.

"Marie? Is that you?" Chandler questioned.

The woman smirked and removed her sunglasses, "Yeah it's me, Chase. Glad to hear that you're alive. Are you going to let me in?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 79 68
re-edited!! We've been told hundreds of times that demons are the bad guys but what happens when it's the angels that are the bad guys? Phoenix spen...
21.2K 317 40
what happen if too much abused to the one of the loney but kind god with his so called wife cheating on him many time only Hades and Hestia are kind...
796 69 129
A pegasus named Diamond, and an earth pony named NightMare, have been at war for centuries. NightMare desperately tries to take over Sunset Valley, w...
2K 330 31
How much shit can a person go through before they're truly dead on the inside?" Life is a challenging journey. It can be even more difficult when thr...