Soldier - A BNHA Fanfic

By CeruleanWrites

[BNHA x OC] Shiro Hagane lives with her father, her mother died on a rescue mission. She does not want to bec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 - (Special)
Chapter 24

Chapter 25

5.1K 220 152
By CeruleanWrites

3rd p.o.v.

"Good work." Aizawa stood in front of the class bandaged from head to toe, "There will be no school tomorrow or the day after. I'm positive the pro heroes who watched the sports festival will want to recruit you, but we will consolidate everything and announce it when you all get back. So rest well and look forward to it."

"Yes sir!"

The students trickled out of the class in groups. Hagane was left staring at Iida's seat. It was strange not seeing him there since he was always so punctual.

"Hagane." She turned her head to see Aizawa in front of her desk, "Go home."

"Ah, ok."  the girl picked up her bag and opened the window.

"What on earth are you doing?"

"Leaving school. This is faster than taking the stairs." and with that, she jumped out of the window.

Aizawa sighed, "I swear to god she's the perfect combination of her parents."

△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△

Shiro's p.o.v.

Everyone was talking about how much attention they had gotten from the sports festival before Aizawa walked in.

"Aizawa-sensei your bandages are gone." Asui commented.

"Yes, recovery girl went overboard. More importantly today we're having a special hero informatics class."

Everyone groaned with disappointment. They were agitated because we had just gone through with the sports festival.

Aizawa continued his sentence, "Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names."

Everyone cheered up, "We're gonna do something exciting!"

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years. After students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros.  In other words, for them to extend offered to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation."

Mineta hit his desk, "Adults are so selfish!"

'And so are us teenagers.'

"So we'll have to prove ourselves one we get picked huh?" Hagakure asked.

"That's right," Aizawa answered, "And here are the totals for those offers." he pressed a button on a remote.  and numbers showed up on the chalkboard.

I had 6019 offers, Todoroki had 4123 offers, Bakugou had 3556, and so on. Ours were the only numbers in the thousands. Everyone else was in the hundreds or the tens.

"In other years, it's been more spread out, but all eyes were on these three this year."

Kaminari whined, "Gah, there's such a big difference!"

"Those pros don't know a good thing when they see one!" Aoyama muttered.

"Hagane's first, Todoroki's second, and Bakugou's third..?" Jirou questioned

"It's the opposite of their placement in the sports festival," Kirishima added

"Some people are too scared to ask for a guy who had to be restrained on the podium" Sero chimed in."

"What're the pros scared of!?" Bakugou exclaimed angrily.

'Exactly that.'

"Congratulations Hagane-san!" I turned to see Midoriya congratulating me.

"They're all probably because of my mother."

"But even without knowing who your parents are your results were still impressive enough to recruit you!"

"Thanks Midoriya."

"Keeping these results in mind whether or not anyone asked for you, you will all be participating in internships with pros." Aizawa said as he waved his hand disregarding the disappointment of several of his students.

'Awh, I wanted to be with an assassin.'

"Internships?" Midoriya looked intrigued.

Aizawa nodded, "Yeah, at the USJ you already got to experience combat with real villains. Hagane taking down more than half of them on her own brought a lot of attention onto her because of the press. But it will still be meaningful training for you all to see pros at work firsthand."

"So that explains the hero names!" Sato said excitedly.

"Things are suddenly getting a lot more fun!" Uraraka added.

Aizawa continued talking, "Well, those hero names are still temporary. But if you're not serious about it-"

"You'll have hell to pay later!" Midnight slammed open the class door and strutted in, "Because a lot of her names used by students become recognized buy society and they end up becoming professional hero names!"

Our teacher sighed, "So Midnight will be making sure your names are okay. I can't do stuff like that," he pulled out a yellow sleeping bad out of nowhere, "When you give yourself a name, you get a more concrete image of what you want to be like in the future and you get closer to it. This is what it means when they say 'names and natures do often agree.' Like All Might for example." 

We were handed small whiteboards and markers to write with. They gave us some time to think. While we were doing this Aizawa climbed into his sleeping bag and took a nap in front of all of us.

'Lucky bastard. I want to sleep too.'

"Okay!" Midnight got our attention again, "Let's start presenting names starting with those who are ready."

Aoyama got up and stood before the class, "Here I go... 'Shining Hero: I can not stop twinkling'! Which means, you can't stop my sparkles!"

I was trying so hard not to laugh.

'Holy fuck this man is high.'

Midnight began to offer criticism and helped him shorten his name to 'Can't stop twinkling'.

'Oh my god, they're both high.'

One by one everyone announced their hero names. Many weren't as bad as I thought they would be. Other names seemed to have very little thought. Then it was Bakugou's turn.

"Kind Explosion Murder."

'They're all insane.'

"You probably shouldn't use something like that." Midnight sighed.

"Why not!?"

Kirishima piped up, "You should be 'Explosion Boy'!"

"Shut up weird hair!!"

"Well, this is going fairly well! All that's left is Hagane, Iida, Midoriya, and Bakugou who needs to rethink his."

Iida, like Todoroki, just used his first name Tenya. Midoriya went with Deku surprisingly. I remembered back at the heroes vs villain training we did where he and Bakugou had a face-off. He yelled at Bakugou saying that his Deku wouldn't mean useless, it would be you can do it.

I smirked, his writing was so shaky.

Bakugou went up again annoucning his 'new' name. "LORD EXPLOSION MURDER!!"

Midnight shot him down immediately, "No, that's still no good." He sat back down.

She turned to me, "Alright, Hagane you're up!"

I stood before the class holding my whiteboard, "Soldier."

"No, absolutely not!" Midnight made an X shape with her hands.

"Why not?" I questioned, "At least it isn't Lord explosion murder."

"I'LL FIGHT YOU TIN CAN!!"

"That is true but can't you pick something more flashy? What about your street name?"

"My street name?"

"You know, your 'Titanium Scout' name! It's way more flashy than Soldier! You're a hero, not some pawn!"

That pissed me off, "No, I'm using this and you can't change my mind."

"Alright then, take a seat."

3rd p.o.v.

"Now that everyone has picked their hero names we'll go back to talking about the internships." Aizawa announced, "They will last for a week. As for where you'll have them,  those who had offers from pros will be given your own lists, so you can choose from those yourself. Those who didn't have offers will choose from among forty agencies around the country that will be accepting our interns. They all work in different places and have different specialties." 

Midnight picked up, "For example, Thirteen would be focused on rescues from accidents and disasters rather fighting villains."

Aizawa continued, "Think carefully before you choose. Turn in your choices before the weekend."

Kaminari panicked, "We've only got two days!?"

"Make your decision efficiently. That is all." Aizawa left with his sleeping bag slung over his shoulder.

△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△

Shiro's p.o.v.

I stared at the large booklet in my hands, not knowing what to do with it. There were so many places I could apply to. I sighed and threw the booklet across my room.

"Ey Soldier what's up!? Why' you just throw that thing across the room?"

"It's a list of agencies I can apply to."

"Wow. You sure have a lot of options."

"it's because they know I'm your kid."

"True that, your mother and I were legends!"

"Yeah, I know. Which agency did you go under?"

"Well for starters my own teacher mentored me! I couldn't decide on where to go or who I wanted to teach me. So I settled on him! He taught me everything I know! I'd recommend you to him but he died of old age a while back."

"What about mom?"

"Well, your mother mentored herself! She didn't even hand in a paper! No one knew where she went but when she came back after the week she was a heck of a lot stronger and seemed to be able to use Aido very well."

"That's odd."

"It really is. She never told me either so I'm assuming it's some creepy temple in the middle of nowhere. She probably used one of her suits to get there and back so fast."

"I see."

"If I were you I'd straight up ask Aizawa to mentor me. You seem to hate publicity as much as he does! You two would work well together! Or Gunhead would be good for your quirk. He specializes in martial arts! You could get better at fighting in your suits. There's also the Rabbit Hero Mirko! She's very independent like you and could teach you a thing or two."

"You think so?"

"Oh, I know so! Fighting Aizawa for training would be cool! His quirk won't do much to you at all! All he'd be doing is keeping you from switching suits."

"That's not exactly helpful, and that did happen."

"Oh what! Tell me everything!"

"It was back at the USJ..."

△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△

Why hello there ladies and gentleman. I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding what internship I should make little Shiro here do. If you have any suggestions please leave a comment!~

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it. You can find me on Quotev @ Ceruleanwrites and on Instagram @ CeruleanDusk

- Cerulean セルリアン

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 593 22
DISCLAIMER! THIS IS THE OLD VERSION! CHECK OUT MY PROFILE FOR THE REWRITE THANK YOU :) _______________________________________________ She started ou...
3.4K 127 33
"Why save others when you couldn't save me?" Quote. "We'll live on and you will remember us, sweetheart. We'll always be in your heart." Quote. "A...
161K 3.9K 58
Family... That's all that really mattered to (y/n) Todoroki. That is, until her oldest brother Toya went missing and her family started to fall apart...
475 39 11
*discontinued* A summary: Being a reincarnated character, Y/n desperately trys to remember her past... Only to be mentally picking up fragments of he...