My Rebellious Mate.

By Maroon1479

RUSSO'S BOOK TWO! Lena is the like all the other Russo’s; she loving, funny, caring, popular, and of course... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Fve.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Epilogue.
Extra #One.
Extra #Two.
Extra #Three.
Extra #Four.

Chapter Nine.

75.2K 1.5K 71
By Maroon1479

Darien sat on the steps on his apartment as he lit up a cigarette. Ash didn't like the smell and smoke being in his apartment. Darien couldn't believe he was cousins with that clean freaks. Their mothers has always been distance, but Ash was a relative and his Aunt Sandra couldn't take his rebellious behavior anymore, she sent him to live with Ash.

He breathed in the smoke and let it fell his body before he breathe it out with a sigh. How could his weekend go by so fast already? Tomorrow was Monday, meaning school. He was thinking about skipping and he thought, Why the hell not? They won’t miss me.

But maybe one would. Little Miss Sunshine would most likely notice he's not there. Chick is crazy and weird. Sure, she's beautiful--most beautiful girl he probably ever seen, but she's nuts. But why should that even stop him?

He finished his cigarette and put it down using his feet on the step. He got up and headed back to Ash apartment. When he walked him, he was taken back to see Ash's girlfriend on top of him as she kissed him. They were just sitting there before he left the apartment.

"Sorry.", he said, walking over to his bedroom and slammed the door shut up. He leaned against the door when she said something.

"Why'd you let him move in with you? You have no more privacy anymore and knowing your walls, they’re not sound proof.” she said. "And you know how Stacey is with hearing us in the middle of the night.”

"He's my cousin, I had no choice. He's family.” he said and Darien got pissed at the thought Ash 'had no choice' and took pity out on Darien. Darien didn't want his pity, he doesn't need anything from them! He survived on his own and he will when he turns eighteen cause him hell of sure know Ash won’t let him stay. He'll give it a few more months before Ash comes to his sense and wants to send him off to the next relative.

"And that mood of his, he always looks angry or sad. What's his deal?” she asked.

"He had a hard childhood; his parents were killed in an accident and he was sent off to live with different relative. Give him a break, Kiara.” he said.

"He's a smart ass to, Ash. I think its great you’re letting him stay here, but don't you miss it just being us?” she asked and Darien could imagine that pathetic puppy eye looks girls given by just the tone of her voice. "Can't he stay somewhere for a night or two?” she asked and Darien heard the sounding of kissing.

"I-I can see what I can do.", Ash said weakly as he chuckled.

Darien didn't want to hear this as they talked about him as if he someone annoying child and he didn't want to be here right now. He walked over to his bed where he jacket was and he slipped it on before leaving his bedroom where Kiara snapped away from Ash again, but Darien paid no mind to them as he walked over to the door.

"Darien where-"

But Darien shut them on him before he finished and left the apartment. He just hopes he doesn't get lost in this town. Why should he? The town so small. He isn't sure where he was going, but he just went down random streets and turned which way until he came to the 'town' part of Nash where all the stores were.

He came up by a dinner and someone caught his attention in. He turned his head around to see Lena in there with a guy across from her who looked a few years older than her and was scary big looking. A blonde girl was next to him with a toddler on her lap and kid around three or four was on Lena lap.

Lena didn't look her usual happy self; she actually looked sad as she helped feed the child on his lap. Darien noticed the loneliness in her eyes and it was a hard time looking away and leaving, but he stepped back from the diner, stuffed his hands in his pocket, and walked away.

*

When Lena walked passed Darien locker and didn't see him, she was kind of happy. She didn't want to feel the awkwardness if he caught her looking at him. She made her way over to her locker and put the combo in.

She took her jacket off and fixed her blue button shirt up. Her jeans were a dark shade of blue with some heelless brown color boots.

She unpacked all her stuff and was kind of upset since she couldn't think of doing any homework, but pushed herself to finish it. She couldn't even think of soccer as much as she did before. She cursed Darien for making her forget the most important things in her life. She's been playing soccer since she was thirteen and now that he shows up, it's the last thing she cares about.

She frowned when he still shows up to his locker by the time Lena was all ready to go to class.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned her head around to see Becca. Becca walked to in front of Lena and she leaned on the locker next to Lena's. "Hey, you didn't text me back all weekend.” she said.

"Sorry, busy.” she said.

"Oh. Busy with a certain handsome laid back new boy?” she asked, smiling but Lena saw the jealousy in her eyes.

"No, babysitting.” Lena said and it was true. She had to babysit Tyler and her nephews Nikki and Zac.

"Oh.", she said and the jealousy was gone. "Well are you still going to ask him out or something? I know you haven't had a boyfriend yet, but you’re confident enough to ask someone out.”

I have and each time ended either bad or awkward, she thought. "I'm having a little trouble with him but-"

"Trouble?” she questioned. "Want me to talk to him and get him to understand how much of a great girl you are?” she asked and Lena knew she only wanted to do that so she could have an excuse to be around Darien.

Lena pursed her lips, wanting to glare at the girl. That's another thing Darien ruin, her friendship with Becca. Lena could easily tell she likes Darien a whole lot, but Darien belongs to her. "I'm good.” she said, walking around her to go to class and she took one more look at Darien locker to see he still wasn't there.

*

By time third period came and Darien didn't show up for class, Lena was wondering where he was. Is he sick or just didn't feel like coming? It was making it hard for her to focus on class. She was trying to take some notes for homework tonight, but it was hard when she wasn't looking at the seat next to her.

She sighed and tapped her pencil against her notepad.

*

By the middle of fourth period, the classroom door opened and Darien walked in. Lena immediately stopped doing what she was doing and watched him. He looked like a wreck and he was tired. His usual pushed back hair was all over his forehead and his eyes had bags under them.

He walked over to Mrs. Nickels and handed her a note. She took it and crossed her arms over her chest, "What made you late to class today, Mr. Call?”

"Overslept.", he said as if he was answering a basic question without a care a care in his voice. He walked away from her as he walked over to a seat on the other side of Lena. She tried to keep herself from looking at him, but she couldn't help but steal a few glances at him.

He was pressing his fingers on the bridge of his nose and squeezing his eyes shut before he opened them and stretched.”

*

Lena was mad again when she saw Julia walk up to Darien locker as Lena was at her so she could get her money out of her purse for lunch. Julia crossed her arms over her chest and they started talking. Darien just looked annoyed the whole time and he still looked tired.

After a few moments, Darien looked up to feeling Lena's gaze and gave him a look as if she was begging him not to do anything with her. He said something to Julia before he pulled his arm over Julia shoulder and they walked away.

Lena glared at his back and pressed her lips angrily together.

"Whoa, I can see steam coming out your ears, Lena.” a voice said next to her and looked up at to see Joey.

She looked away about to tell him to leave her alone until an idea popped up in her head. Joey perfect to make Darien jealous! For one, he can't stand Joey with a passion and second, Joey was cute and handsome. Easily make Darien jealous.

She smiled up at Joey, "I don't know what you’re talking about.” she said sweetly and he raised an eyebrow at her confused. Lena felt wrong by using Joey, but she would do anything to have her mate and his arm only going around her shoulder. She turned to face him and flirted the best she could since she was an expert on her like her brothers are, "So how about sit with you at lunch? We can talk about a movie we could see this weekend if you want to.”

He didn't looks so much surprised anymore, "What about I'm-So-Bad Darien?”

"Darien who?” she asked. "Please, I don't need a jerk for a boyfriend but a cool handsome football playing guy. You can say he what made me realize how special you are.” she said and she felt acid on her tongue from lying. She hated lying and she hated using people.

He still didn't look convinced, so she thought of something fast. She turned, "Okay, I get it, you’re not so much into me anymore.” she said, walking away.

A few second later, he spoke, "Wait, hold up.", he said, jogging next to her. He chuckled and his arm slid around her waist, "How could I not be into such the prettiest girl in the whole school.”

What a cliché line, she thought and wanted to remove his arm from around her since it felt wrong to be with another male instead of Darien, but she dealt with it as they walk towards the caf.

When they got in there, Lena quickly grabbed what she wanted to eat before walking over to Joey table and sat down. She was happy he sat a few tables down from where Darien and Julia where. He had his arm around Julia still and she was smiling at him as they talked.

Lena eased her wolf down and smiled as she sat down next to Joey. The people looked confused to see them together, but they didn't ask anything.

They started talking about a movie they could see this weekend as he made a comment about her winning the soccer game. She thanked him for the encouragement he had in her.

After a few minutes, he grinned at her as he leaned closer to her, "So how about we hang out after school, my place.”

She forced a smile on her face, "I'll love to, but can't. Soccer practice then babysitting.”

"Busy bee. Do you ever have a break?” he asked, chuckling.

"I like to stay busy as much as I can.", she said, even though she feels its start to change since all she wants to do is spend time with Darien. Before she loved staying busy cause it kept the feeling of loneliness out of her mind that everyone around her was in love.

He was leaning down closer to her as if he was going to kiss her. She quickly thought and grabbed her apple, taking a bite of it. He looked disappointed, but Lena wanted her first kiss with Darien. Lena knew how much Joey likes her, but she just doesn't feel the same way. She hated hurting him since they are kind of friend, but it was wrong. It was wrong to her.

He sighed and his friend asked him something. She took this chance to look over at Darien who seem to do the same thing. His eyebrows came together when he noticed she was next to Joey and did a double take, surprise to see them both together.

She took this chance to turned to Joey was turning back to her and she smiled as she ran her fingers threw his hair, "You have really great hair, Joey. It's soft like silk.”

He chuckled, "Thanks and I hope so, shampoo was expensive as all hell.”

She leaned a little closer to him, "I really like your smile, you have such white teeth. Win best smile in the year book for sure.”

"As long as your picture next to me cause you have the brightest beautifulness smile.” he said. "Also for the prettiest girl.”

"Really? That's so sweet, but there are far more way girls prettier than me.", she said. "Like Julia Anders.”

"Yeah, if there was a category for fake pretty girls, she'll win.” he said and Lena couldn't help take pleasure on someone finally bashing on Julia. It made her feel better. "You don't need a bunch of makeup or blonde hair to look as beautiful as you do now.”

She secretly moved her eyes towards Darien direction and saw him looking a little annoyed as he tried to pay attention to both her and Julia.

Lena looked back at Joey, leaned over, and kissed his cheek, "You’re really sweet."

When lunch was over, Joey and Lena went off into different directions since he said he had to go talk to his coach about something. Lena made her way back to her locker when her arm was pulled into a storage room.

"Wha--who the heck...” she trailed off when she saw Darien.

He chuckled, stepping towards her, "You know, you don’t look like a tease, but the eyes can fool you.”

"I don't know what you’re talking about.” she said, stepping back until her back hit the door. "I have to get to class-"

"Real messed up to use poor Joey just to get at me.", he said. "I'll tell you now, it isn't going to work.”

It was her time to step up to him, "Oh really? Cause it looked like it did at lunch.”

"You need glasses.” he said. "I don't care what the hell you do with that prick.”

"Oh sure.” she said. "Talk is big, Darien, but I know you care.”

"Then you lost your mind, cause I don't.", he said. "I just wanted to warn you I'm still going to get payback from Friday after that little 'accident'. Wasn't cute to hit me with a soccer ball.” he said and Lena saw he was still angry. She just wished it left a bruise on his cheeks.

"You don't scare me, Darien.” she said.

"I can change that.” he said. Step around her as he left the storage room. Lena crossed her arms over her chest, knowing this was going to be tricky, but she does love a good chase.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

871K 23.4K 40
Book One of the Werewolf Keeper Series. Alpha Lewis has found his mate, but no one warned him just how infuriating she would be. Keeping Lauren alive...
61K 2.5K 43
Finding a mate is the most important purpose of a lycan's life. Sienna's most important purpose is to never come across her mate. What happens when f...
624K 7.6K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
1.1M 30.3K 55
"No no no no this can't be happening!" I say. "Dude chill, what's wrong?" asked Ben. "No she can't be why her, out of every girl there is of course...