In Her Embrace

By Kamaru_chan

***** If the Justice League have Diana Prince, why not the Avengers? Meet Layla Prince, older sister of Dian... More

Note!
Prologue
1. Not Everyone Likes Her
2. Unforgivable
3. Unexpected Encounter
4. Don't Underestimate
5. Codename: Saber
6. Forget Me Not
7. Dรฉjร  vu
8. Rescue
10. Grief
11. Not Alone
12. Between Two Men
13. Serenity
14. Do I know You?
15. To Change
16. In Order To Protect...
17. Nothing Is Safe
18. Anguish
19. Home
20. Stay
21. Tony Stark
22. Mysterious Man
23. Decision
24. Missed
25. Green
26. Red And Wolve
27. Reindeer Game
28. Reunion..?

9. Bad feeling

3.6K 100 30
By Kamaru_chan

"How was your head?"

Layla asks, her right hand wiped the gauze a little with antidote at his cheekbone and her left hand gently beside his head, which unnoticeable blue aura slowly heals his mind. When they finally arrived home safe and sound, Steve went to the meeting to discuss about Hydra's plans while Layla immediately took Bucky to the infirmary.

"Messed up." He breathes out, rubbing his eyes. "Didn't expect they would brainwash me soon... Lucky Steve was there on time."

Humming to herself, standing in front of him as she bends her body slightly to take a closer look at his wounded face. Without her even realize, he is now staring at her and enjoying himself watching her face shows genuine concern about his wellbeing. 'God, how can she still be single when she is absolutely stunning. If no one makes a move, sooner or later I will—' The sound of someone knocking the door interrupt his train of thought.

The door opened reveal Steve looking worried at first before he saw Bucky in the room with Layla, his expression change into a smile for two reasons, Bucky is looking fully healed and greeted by Layla's smile. Closing the door behind him, nervously looking at her before he talks his best pal. "Feeling better?"

"More than better." He smirks, stood up from the bed and wraps his arm around Steve's shoulder. "Still surprised you're taller now, punk."

He laughed, "A lot has changed since you left."

"More like missing-in-action left"

Layla washed her hands, turns around to talk to them while wiping her hands with her handkerchief, "If you are done talking, might as well the both of you leave this room or you will be late for the celebration."

Steve steps forward, "Actually... I was planning on recruiting a few soldiers in my team. And that's including you, Layla." Their eyes staring at each other while he reaches his hand for a handshake.

She looks down at his hand and grabbed it with a nod of acknowledgment, "Thought you would never ask, Cap." Her lips lit up slightly, "Although, you underestimated me back there."

Scratching the back of his head, he blushed in embarrassed, "Still doesn't believe a woman like you could fight until I saw it with my own eyes."

Bucky laughs out loud, pulling the two of them together in a group hug as he speaks, "Told ya! She is one hell of a fighter! How about we all go together and grab something to drink? Sounds good?" They chuckle, for the first time feeling comfortable and enjoyable in each other arms. Steve wishes they could stay like this forever, it's been awhile he feels happiness.

"Indeed." She breaks the hug as she spoke, "The two of you go ahead without me."

"We can't leave you." Bucky looks upset.

She chuckles, waving her arm up and down slowly, "I must look presentable with my clothes."

The two men make a sound of understanding finally notice the way she is wearing right now. A lady needs to wear something as long as it's not related to her work. Bucky looks between Steve and Layla, walk passed them to open the door as he speaks, "Well... I'll leave the two of you alone."

After he left, the room becomes silent... an awkward one indeed really impact on a certain goddess. Layla shuffles her left foot a little, feeling the sudden anxiety form around her and Steve just... well... stood there like a gentleman he is, have no idea what to say.

"So... I'll wait for you...?" He said, unsure. "I mean! Not in a strange way! Or should I wait outside? Or... uh... sorry." Blushing slightly, staring down at his shoes trying not to show her his red face.

She chuckled at his cute gesture as she speaks, "You do not have to wait for me. I will be there once I am done."

"Okay." He smiles at her.

And there it is, those blue aura linger around him slowly shines bright matching his happy face when he walks towards the exit as everything in slow motion. She doesn't understand why he was surrounded by her power. Not just him alone, Bucky too. She wondered if Howard also had the same effect but seems like he isn't. Why Steve and Bucky?

Shaking her head, now is not the time to think about it. She must get ready for the celebration. On her way outside of the infirmary, thinking of which dress she should wear until she remembers Peggy had bought her new dress. Maybe she should try to wear it for today.

Somehow the color of that dress... reminds her of the two little gods. Her chest feels a sudden pain. Her mind fills with so many questions, 'How are they?', 'Did Odin said something to them?', 'Aren't they worried about her?', 'Did mother knows?', 'Is Loki continue his magic training without her?'...

Flashback

"Brother! We shall avenge Layla!"

The little boy with blonde-haired at the age of 6 exclaimed in determination, lifting his stick up above his head and grabbing his little brother to the corridor. The raven-haired boy groaned while trying to pull his arm away from the energetic brother to escape.

"Let go of me!"

"You shall not!"

"What are we even avenge for?!" He still trying to run away from him but soon give up.

When they finally arrived at their destination, Thor let go of his arm and pointing at the guards not far away from the back of the castle. "Those men bullied her! Saying she is weak to fight for a princess! They even tripped her on the fountain!"

Catching his attention, his eyes narrowed or more like glaring at guards as he stood beside his brother, "By bullying, you mean... insulting a princess?" His brother nodded his head. "What should we do, Thor?"

The little thunder god grinned widely, his chest fills with happiness that his brother finally accepts his plan, "I have an idea!"

Whispering to ear, Loki raised an eyebrow at his idea. "What?"

Near the fountain, not far from the castle, the guards were laughing about something hilarious to them until they heard a shout from behind them.

"Get help! Please!"

They rushed to him in alarm, seeing Loki's little arm wrapped around his brother's shoulder as he walked 'weakly' toward the guard ahead of them. "Please..." Thor plead, "My brother, he is dying!"

"What happened?!" One of the guards exclaims in anxious, fear of what will happen if Odin saw his prince hurt.

"Get help! Help.... Him!!"

What comes next shocking the 3 guards when Thor throws his brother at them, collides really hard and the guards fell back on the fountain of cold water! Luckily for Loki, he fell beside the fountain on the grass. Thor laughed.

Loki faces on the grass, mumbling, "This is humiliating!"

"What are you two doing?" A soft voice spoke from behind them.

Thor stopped laughing and Loki immediately stood up from the ground quickly dusted his clothes since he knew who the person is. The boys slowly looked up to meet the beautiful maiden wearing her Asgard dress in blue. Her brunette haired perfectly loosen around her shoulders as she staring at the both of them in confused.

Loki pointing his finger at Thor, exclaims, "It was his idea!"

Thor looked at him in offense, "But you agreed to it!"

"No! I was forced to!"

"But you didn't refuse it!"

"I--!"

Layla sighed, placing both of her hands on each one of their head causing them to stopped shouting. She smiled at them in appreciation. "Thank you." Just simple words can make them blushed. She knew what they were planning yet she wanted to see them work together for once.

Unknown to her, the little mischief grabbed her hand with his little hand while mumbling quietly but she can hear him.

"Blue will always look perfect on you, Lea."

Flashback End

Tears fall from her cheek, she chuckles at the memories from Asgard. 'I hope he and his brother stay the same.' Glancing at the window, 'Hope nothing bad happens to Loki. He was just a child who craved for affection and love.'

She wishes to go back to Asgard but she knew she couldn't because he is still there.

At the bar

After Steve had done finding recruits for his team, he took a seat beside Bucky and order a drink. "How about you?" he asks his best pal. "You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?"

He grinned slightly, "Hell, no. That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight," Look at him with a sad smile, "I'm following him."

Steve understands what he meant. The two of them were in silent in deep thought before Bucky whispers to him, "But you're keeping the outfit, right?" Pointing at the poster behind them, a poster where Steve wearing his America's suits. "You know what?" He smiles, "It's kind of growing on me."

The soldiers singing their song with pride and laughter, cheering loudly when someone enters causing them to slowly quiet at the person approach and were speechless of the unexpected sight of a certain lady.

"I apologize for the interruption." A familiar soft voice spoken was heard from the entrance.

The duo turns around and soon speechless when they saw who it is. Layla walks in, unaware of the attentions she had caused as she stopped in front of her two best soldiers. "Looks like I can only be here for 30 minutes." She wears a perfectly blue dress that matches her appearance.

Steve was surprised to see her in a dress, even Bucky who couldn't take his eyes off of her. "10 minutes is all I need."

She smiles, "You sure about that, cap?" Seeing his face heat up, she chuckles for a moment before she remembers something, "By the way, Howard has some equipment for you to try. Tomorrow morning, will that be okay?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'll be there."

The three of them stood there silently, more like awkward haven't thought anything to talk about, plus this is the first time she wears a dress that reached to her knees. Usually, she would prefer the long dress but Peggy kept on pursue her to wear it instead because she looks gorgeous! And of course, the bloody Stark COMPLAINT about the dress is TOO short for her. Sorry, Howard, this is her night.

"So.."

Looking up at Steve as he continues yet hesitated at first, "... Do you wanna dance? Don't wanna waste your 30 minutes."

Steve reached his hand for her like a gentleman and pulled her standing at the center together. They start waltz together, the man who plays the piano softly to make it more romantic. Sadly, this will be their last dance together.

The next morning

Layla walked out from the invention room followed by Peggy behind her and stopped when she saw Steve is with another woman kissing behind the bookshelf. A bang of pain in her chest, she doesn't know why but it hurts. Peggy saw this, quickly stood in front of Layla while crossing her arms in displease.

She speaks in a deep tone, "Captain." They were startled, quickly pulled away from each other in embarrassment as Peggy continue, "We're ready for you, if you're not otherwise occupied." Turns around, immediately grabbed the now paralyze Layla away from them.

Steve rushed from behind, exclaims desperately. "Wait! Agent Carter! Layla!"

Peggy scoff at him, "Looks like finding a partner wasn't that hard after all." Her eyes glance at her friend beside her in concern before glaring at Steve.

"That's not what you thought it was." He tried to explain.

Layla cut him off, "I don't think anything, Captain, not one thing. You always wanted to be a soldier and now you are, just like all the rest." She walked fast ahead of them until Steve spoke, causing her to stopped walking.

"Well, what about you and Stark?" He spoke more confident, "How do I know you two haven't been fondue-ing?"

Sighing, she looked at him with a sad smile without saying anything, she enters the restricted room. Peggy shook her head in disappointment, "You still don't know a bloody thing about women."

The moment Steve found his weapon which is the Vibranium shield, Peggy and Layla ask if he had finished chose his weapon and he asks if this is perfect. Much to Peggy's amusement, within a second the female warrior flash step in front of him and punched the shield with a strong force and he stumbles a little but stood strong. Layla hummed, walks away from him, "That will do." Howard and Steve stare at her leaving figure in speechless, learn their lesson and note to not anger her in any circumstances or you'll die.

The next day, they depart to go on their journey and take down every single Hydra's base. Day after day... Everything went well... that is until the mission on the train to capture Doctor Zola. Bucky lost his life. It's a huge impact on both Layla and Steve, grief and despair of losing their dearest friend. And there it is again she is blaming herself for not saving Bucky in time.

"I am sorry... Bucky." She sobs

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317 25 16
Book 1 on the Diana Clark Series Diana Clark is the best friend of Becca Barnes. When the war begun and her boarding school closed, she offered her...
206K 6K 22
๐’๐’๐’. โ–Ž๐‘ด๐‘ฌ๐‘ฌ๐‘ป ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ ๐‘ถ๐‘ต ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ฉ๐‘จ๐‘ป๐‘ป๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ๐‘ญ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐‘ซ โ‹†.โˆ˜เผ„โ‹…ยฐ โคทโช ๐™ฐ๐š…๐™ด๐™ฝ๐™ถ๐™ด๐š๐š‚ ! โซ แต‡แต’แต’แต แต’โฟแต‰ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ–‡ ... ...
62.1K 1.9K 40
Elaine Maximoff had one goal in life ever since she was a girl. Getting revenge on Tony Stark. It didn't matter if they were good or bad, Elaine and...
46.2K 994 31
It all started with a girl, alone in an alleyway in Sokovia. Maybe it was chance, maybe it was fate, but the girl stumbled across the Maximoff twins...