Forbidden

By Violaplayer44

(Sean Renard) Paityn is Nick's older sister. Also a Grimm just like her brother. They both work on the police... More

Chapter 1 Pilot
Chapter 2 Bears will be Bears
Chapter 3 BeeWare
Chapter 4 Lonelyhearts
Chapter 5 Das Gift von Grimm (Own Idea)
Chapter 5.5 Danse Macabre
Chapter 6 The three bad wolves
Chapter 8 Game Ogre
Chapter 9 Of Mouse and Man
Chapter 10 Organ Grinder
Chapter 11 Tarentella
Chapter 12 Last Grimm Standing
Chapter 13 Three Coins in a Fuchsbau
Chapter 14 Plumed Serpent
Chapter 15 Island of Dreams
Chapter 16 The Thing with Feathers
Chapter 17 Love Sick
Chapter 18 Cat and Mouse
Chapter 19: Leave It To Beavers
Chapter 20: Happily Ever Aftermath

Chapter 7 Let Down Your Hair

502 13 3
By Violaplayer44

Paityn woke up a few weeks later and she smiled a bit. She sat up getting out of bed and going over to Lyra who was now walking like a pro and was considerably bigger, no longer needing a bottle. Lyra meowed at Paityn and Paityn smiled. 

"Morning Lyra. Breakfast?" She asked. Lyra responded by rubbing up against her leg and Paityn grabbed down some wet food for her putting it on a plate and giving it to her. Lyra began taking huge mouthfuls and swallowing it. "Don't eat that fast! Slow down you'll choke!" Paityn laughed beginning to eat her cereal. Her phone started ringing and she answered it. "Burkhardt."

"Hey Pait, it's me, Nick," Nick answered. 

"Don't even say the word homicide I am eating food. I swear..."She started. 

"We got a homicide," Nick said. 

"Dammit, Nick. Lost my appetite. Where do I need to meet you?" She asked. 

"Just meet us at the station. I'll see you soon." Nick said. 

"Got it. See you soon." Paityn said hanging up. She stood up gently patting Lyra on the back making her purr a bit. "Gotta head to work. I'll see you soon." She said walking out to her car and getting in. She backed up out of her driveway to go to the station.

~~~

When she got there Nick was getting on a four-wheeler. She looked at him shocked. 

"Dude, I can't ride in one of these," Paityn said. 

"Well, then get on mine," Nick said. 

"Is the captain going?" She asked. 

"No. And even if he was I'm sure he wouldn't let you go with him," Nick said smiling. 

"Screw you, Nick." She laughed getting on behind him gently wrapping her arms around his stomach to keep her secure. 

"Hold on tight," Nick said starting it and going and Paityn just stayed in her place. 

~~~

They started up the path with Hank following behind them. The road was dirt making it extremely bumpy. Eventually, they parked behind a bunch more four-wheelers and got off. 

"Thank god. I'm so glad I don't get motion sick." Paityn said making Hank laugh behind her as they walked through the forest to where the body was. 

"Ooh, that is one broken neck," Hank said. "WIth those abrasions, they probably used a pretty hefty rope." 

"Well, what do you know? It's Delmar Blake." One of the DEA agents said. "We've been looking for him for three years." 

"What'd he do?" Paityn asked. 

"Just about everything. We knew he was moving drugs, we just didn't realize he was growing them." He said standing up and leaving. Nick kneeled and took out a baggie taking a hair sample from the man's neck. 

"Hair?" Hank asked. 

"It's obviously not his," Nick said. 

"Think he's got a girlfriend around here?" Hank asked. 

"Maybe. Who knows maybe he has children too. You never know." Paityn joked and Hank rolled his eyes. 

"This is the Paityn we missed," Hank said. They started walking back now that they had evidence. 

"Got anything for us?" Nick asked. 

"Yeah, it's kinda weird, there's not a bit of food left. No sleeping bags, no blankets. Got millions of dollars worth of marijuana plants out there and not one of them was taken." The agent said. 

"You're saying somebody killed him for his supplies?" Hank asked. 

"That's what it looks like." The agent said. 

"So somebody got their priorities screwed up," Paityn said. 

"Maybe we're talking bigfoot," Hank said. 

"I don't think Bigfoot would fit into the sleeping bags," Nick said. "I'm gonna go talk to the DA guys," Nick said walking away. 

"All right," Hank said. Paityn sighed. 

"Bigfoot? Really?" Paityn said. 

"What? It was a joke." Hank said. 

Eventually, they all got back on the four-wheelers and left. Paityn had left earlier with Hank getting to the station. Her stomach growled walking inside. 

"Do you eat anything?" Hank asked. 

"Yes, but not breakfast anymore," Paityn said. She walked in behind Hank and they sat at the desk waiting for Nick to get back. Paityn stood up sneaking a look at the captain seeing him watching her carefully. She looked away walking out hearing him open the door and begin to follow her curiously. She walked over to the holding cells checking in and putting her gun up. She walked in and went to Liam's cell. He was getting transferred tomorrow. 

"What do you want?" He asked. 

"I just wanted to wish you a farewell." She said sarcastically. 

"Yeah right. Fuck off." He said. 

"I don't plan on it. My plan is still to figure out what the hell reason you had to poison me." She said. 

"I'm not telling you, anything bitch." He said. She glared at him and he stood up going to the cell bars. 

"Well, then I guess you'll just have to spend a lifetime in prison." She said. Liam growled and his face shifted. He was a Blutbad. He tried to lash out at her but she backed up. "Have fun, asshole." She said walking out. She grabbed her things calming down a bit and beginning to go back to the office when Sean grabbed her arm gently. 

"Are you alright?" He asked. 

"Yeah, he's just a jerk." She said giving him a small smile. He gently cupped her cheek and she gently placed her hand on his hand leaning into his hand. She was beginning to wonder when their first kiss would be and most were shocked they hadn't yet. She was also pretty sure everyone had bets made when they were going too.

 "Paityn," Nick said coming over to them. Sean moved away and Paityn stood up a bit straighter with a small blush on her face. Nick just smiled a bit as Sean walked past her running his hand across hers as he did so. "Let's go. We have to go interview a couple who was kidnapped while hiking in the woods yesterday by you know who." Nick said. She nodded walking with them and Hank clicked his tongue. 

"How, have you two not had sex yet?" Hank asked making Paityn turn bright red. 

"We haven't even kissed! Sex is not something either of us is worrying about right now!" Paityn said. A few cops nearby heard them and laughed a bit. Paityn turned redder as she went beside Nick. 

~~~

"He was gonna kill us and then he heard something, and he just walked off," Dustin said. 

"And we heard a gunshot and then it sounded like somebody was being choked," Lauren said. 

"You see anybody else?" Nick asked.

"No," Dustin said shaking his head.

"Did you hear anything else?" Hank asked. 

"Yes. Some...thing came into the camp and started knocking stuff over." Lauren said. 

"We don't know what it was, we just saw shadows," Dustin said. 

"And heard something, like a growl," Lauren said. 

"It took us forever to get free and then we just ran," Dustin said. Paityn watched them analyzing their facial features. They were both terrified of this entire situation no doubt in her mind. 

"You never saw his body?" Paityn asked. 

"No. But whatever it was, it saved our lives." Lauren said. 

~~~

Hank, Nick, and Paityn were in the office with Sean. Sean was leaning on the desk a small bit with Paityn beside him. The whole building had gotten so used to their relationship they practically ignored it. Paityn watched the slide show carefully. 

"The FBI confirmed the identity of Delmar Blake," Hank said. 

"Lab confirmed the hair we found on his neck and the tree are not Blake's," Nick said. 

"Is it one of the hikers?" Sean asked. 

"We don't know. We're testing DNA and we've got plenty of samples of hair of both hikers." Paityn said. 

"You're sure they had nothing to do with it?" Sean asked. 

"We ran a background check, no priors. They run a doggie wash in Beaverton. Nothing to indicate they'd have anything to do with blake or drugs."Nick said. 

"So what is it? Another drug dealer getting rid of the competition?" Sean asked. 

"They would have taken his plants," Hank said. 

"And the scene probably wouldn't have been there if it was," Paityn said. She felt Sean's hand gently touch the side of hers and she gently intertwined her fingers with his seeing him relax a bit. 

"Who kills a pot grower in the middle of the woods for a sleeping bag and some food?" Sean asked. 

"Somebody hungry and cold," Nick said. 

~~~

Paityn was back at her desk daydreaming a small bit when Wu came over to them. 

"Hey, So I got a couple of Knuckle-draggers here demanding to see their brothers body," he said. He motioned with his head over to them. "That upstanding citizen Delmar Blake apparently has family," He said walking off. Nick, Hank, and Paityn walked over to the two boys. 

"Detectives Burkhardt and Griffin. How can we help you guys?" Nick asked. 

"Are you the ones that found our brother?" One of them said. 

"We're the ones investigating the death of Delmar Blake," Hank said. 

"Do you two have I.D.s?" Paityn asked. 

"Why? So you can have our number just to come over to our house and..."They started but Hank quickly interrupted. 

"Before we divulge any information we have to know who we're talking to. And from the way you just spoke to my partner, you're not doing so good." Hank said. They rolled their eyes taking their I.D.s out.

"How'd he die?" One of them asked. "Gun, knife, beaten to death?" 

"We're still trying to determine that," Nick said. 

"Well, you can't tell by looking at him?" the other one asked. 

"We wanna see the body." one of them said. 

"Well, it's at the morgue," Paityn said. 

"Doesn't change what I said," Mike said after finding out his I.D.

"Then you'll have to meet us there," Hank said. 

"Well, let's get it done!" Roland said. 

~~~

They pulled up to the curb and Paityn sighed. 

"People like me don't they?" She said. 

"I'm ready to punch anyone who says that to you," Nick said. 

"Ooh, can I give you a list?" Paityn said getting out. 

"There's a chick magnet if I ever saw one," Hank said looking at their car. 

They got down to the body and pulled him out. Paityn leaned against the wall looking at them keeping watch. 

"Why'd you cut him open?" Roland asked.

"To determine the cause of death. It's a homicide investigation." Nick said. 

"He was strangled to death even I could see that," Mike said. 

"Did you know your brother was involved with illegal cultivation of a controlled substance?" Hank asked. 

"I don't care what he was doing, I wanna know who killed him," Roland said. 

"And maybe do something about it?" Paityn asked glaring at him. 

"A lot more then you're gonna do," Roland said. 

"You should let us do our jobs before you become our jobs," Nick said. One of them began to move to try and get over to Nick and Paityn stepped forward with her hand on her gun.

"Don't you feel that cold air in here? It's bad for the body when it gets too hot." Hank said. 

"He's just talking," Mike said nervously. Paityn's hand was still on her gun and her eyes were trained on them. "Now we're leaving." He said and they walked past Paityn. Paityn let go of her gun and sighed. 

"What do you see in those two?" Hank asked Nick. Nick looked at Paityn to make sure she was okay. 

"Priors," Nick said. 

"Let's see if you pinned the tail on those donkeys," Hank said. Nick walked by Paityn putting his hand on her shoulder and guiding her out. 

"You alright?" Nick asked. 

"I just wanna punch something," Paityn said. 

"Well, It'll be over soon," Nick said. 

~~~

"Assault, disturbing the peace, tax fraud, and dealing in stolen goods, but no drug charges," Hank said. 

"So maybe they weren't involved with their brother," Nick said. "Any outstanding warrants?" He asked. 

"Disappointingly, no," Hank said. 

"I guess they just haven't been caught recently." Paityn sighed. Hank hummed in response. 

"Hold onto your...whatever you hold onto. You're not gonna believe this." Wu said handing the three of them a folder. "We just got the lab report back on the brunette hair you found at the scene." Hank looked at the folder shocked. 

"Holly Clark," Hank said. "You sure?" He asked. 

"We got a preliminary match. They're running the tests again to make sure." Wu said looking at them.

"One of the more depressing cases I ever worked," Hank said handing Nick the file. "Little girl, playing in her mother's backyard just vanished, a massive search turned up nothing," Hank said. Paityn went over by Nick looking at the file. 

"Seven years old," Paityn said. 

"She's been missing for 9 years," Nick said. 

"She was adopted and her birth mother was a drug addict. No one was ever charged." Hank said. 

"She'd be 15, 16 years old," Nick said. Paityn ran her hands through her hair. 

"What, this girl's out in the woods living with a drug dealer all these years?" Wu asked them confused. 

"We'd better lockdown her identity before we start banging drums on this," Hank said. "How much you got on this case?" 

"Boxes and boxes of files, you want them brought up?" Wu asked them and Paityn looked at Hank seeing his pained look. 

"Yes, I wanna see everything," Hank said. 

"Better make some room," Wu said to them walking away and Paityn sighed sadly. 

"This is gonna be one tough case," Paityn said. 

"Looks like it's gonna be a dine-at-desk night," Hank said. Paityn groaned quietly. 

"I didn't even get to eat breakfast. Dammit, I still gotta get my cat." She said. 

"You have a cat?" Hank asked. 

"Yes, I have a kitters. Her name is Lyra." Paityn said. "I'll be back as fast as I can." Paityn ran out of the room getting her keys and getting in wanting to get back fast. It took her 15 minutes to get home and she went inside grabbing some cat food putting it in her bag and getting Lyra. Lyra purred in her arms and gently nuzzled her neck. Paityn smiled getting to her car and getting back in driving to the station. 

She walked inside holding the cat carefully close to her. Lyra meowed a bit and Paityn laughed. She got back to her desk and Hank gasped. 

"Oh, my gosh let me hold the cat please." He said. She laughed a bit. 

"Lyra, be a nice kitty. Hank is my friend." She said gently handing Lyra over. Lyra sniffed his hand making sure he was friendly before curling up and laying down on his lap. Hank gently pet her and she purred. 

"Well, I'm going to go and see if I can find any connections to her family somewhere. I'll see you soon." Nick said leaving. Lyra suddenly perked up and jumped out of Hank's lap running to the office door and pawing at it. She saw Sean look at the door confused and Paityn giggled a bit going to the door picking up Lyra a bit. Lyra squirmed trying to get to the door. Paityn held her carefully and Sean opened the door. Lyra jumped from her arms to Sean quickly and Paityn laughed a bit. 

"She likes you." She said. Lyra purred and Sean sighed holding her in his arms gently. 

"You brought a cat?" He asked. 

"Lyra and I had no choice. I'll be staying here unless Nick needs me. In which case I think I found a cat sitter." She said. Sean looked at Lyra and she meowed at him. Paityn laughed a bit and Lyra refused to let go of Sean. "I'll just have to wait until she falls asleep I guess." She said. Sean sighed going over to their desk and trying to pry Lyra off him. Paityn gently helped not wanting to break his shirt. Hank watched them carefully and finally, Paityn managed to get her off him by opening a cat of wet food. 

"There we go," Sean said. Hank laughed. 

"Still the cutest couple on the block," Hank said. Paityn blushed as she gave the wet food to Lyra. "You know, the entire office is making bets on when you two will kiss?" Hank asked. Paityn blushed even more than before. 

"I, I'm not surprised." She said. 

~~~

Later that night near midnight Paityn was still at work trying to learn something from the case. Lyra was sleeping on her lap and Paityn hadn't eaten all day besides a few coffees. She was nodding off every so often then waking up again to flip a page. She felt a hand on her shoulder and she jumped seeing Sean.

"Hey," she said exhausted. 

"You should go home." He said. She looked at the files. "The files can wait. I'll help you get your stuff." He said kneeling and grabbing her bags and stuff. She carefully lifted Lyra and she made a noise of protest and Paityn's stomach growled making her blush. 

"Please ignore that." She said. 

"When was the last time you ate?" He asked. 

"This morning when I took like 2 bites of my cereal before Nick called and ruined my appetite." She said. Sean sighed. 

"I'm going to take you out." He said. 

"What? I have a cat, I have food at my house. I'm good." She said. He began walking out not giving her an option and she followed behind him. She started to go to her car when the captain grabbed her arm. 

"Nope. My car." He said. 

"How am I supposed to get back here after we eat?" She asked. 

"I'll drive." He said. Paityn went up beside him and Lyra rested her head on Paityn's shoulders moving out of her one hand. Paityn carefully put her hand in his and they both intertwined their fingers. She heard him take a deeper breath and relax as they walked. Sean's thumb gently ran across the back of her hand and Paityn smiled just a bit. 

~~~

Paityn was in the car and they were driving around to find someplace to eat. She watched Sean look around and she looked at the dashboard seeing his car running almost on empty. Within 10 minutes his car started clunking and he cursed as he pulled over. 

"I got it," Paityn said getting out before Sean could protest. Lyra stayed in the car and Paityn found the nearest gas station going to it and getting gas as well as a few snacks and sandwiches. She walked back to his car with a sandwich in her mouth and she lifted the gas can. Sean came around and she handed him a sandwich as she went to fill it up. Sean wrapped his arms around her waist and she smiled a bit as she emptied the can. "It is now full." She said looking at him. He smiled and gently kissed her cheek making her blush bright red and he let go going back to the other side of his car. She took another bite of her sandwich getting in the car as Lyra jumped in the back seats.

"Back to the station," Sean said. Paityn laughed as he whipped around and she looked over at him watching him focus and she yawned a bit as Lyra jumped into her lap and curled into a ball. Paityn closed her eyes falling asleep within an instant. 

Sean pulled over at the station gently shaking Paityn. She didn't wake up and Sean sighed getting out and going to her side gently shaking her. 

"Paityn. Hey, wake up." He said. She opened her eyes a small bit squinting. "It's time to go home." He said. Paityn nodded getting unbuckled and getting out carefully holding Lyra. She quietly thanked Sean exhausted and she went to her car getting in carefully. She started it looking at Sean through the rearview and saw him open the back door setting her bags down. She smiled a bit and he shut the door. She carefully began driving back home. When she did she parked and got out. 

"Come on Lyra. Welcome back home," she said. She set Lyra on the couch going to her room and falling asleep as soon as she hit the bed.

~~~

"You realize you're gonna be opening up old wounds?" Sean asked the next day. The three of them were in his office talking to him. Paityn was still tired but not as bad. 

"I know, I lived through it. That's why we have to be 110% sure." Hank said. 

"We need to keep a low profile. I can't sit on this forever. I give you 24 hours to find something definitive. How do you wanna do this?" Sean asked. 

"We're gonna split up. I'm gonna see if I can track down the adoptive parents and see if anybody maybe a family member could have taken Holly into those woods." Hank said. 

"And you?" Sean asked. 

"Paityn and I are going back out to the crime scene. See if we can find any evidence of Holly." Nick said. 

"Taking anyone else with you?" He asked looking at Paityn. 

"Not if we wanna keep this low profile." She said. 

"What about other drug dealers in the area?" He asked. He kept glancing at Paityn nervous as if something was going to happen. 

"Well, if there were, DEA sent them all running when they mopped up the area. They found the guy they were looking for. The rest is up to us." Nick said. 

"Okay, you take whatever you need. Any hard evidence comes back to me first," Sean said. They nodded and Paityn looked up at Sean knowing he wanted to say something real fast. He gently cupped her face. "Please, stay safe. If anything happens, call me. I will be there as fast as I can." He said. She nodded. 

"Will do. I'll be back soon." She said. He let go of her and she walked out following Nick. 

~~~

Nick and Paityn had gone to get Monroe and when they did they got four-wheelers and went back to the woods. Paityn clutched Nick as they went through the bumpy road. They stopped at the end and Paityn got off a little wobbly. Monroe caught her before she fell and she shook her head a bit. 

"Sorry, being tired and then moving around like that doesn't help coordination." She said and Monroe helped her stand up straight. "Thank you, Monroe." She said. 

"Any time." He said. They walked under a yellow caution tape. 

"This is where I found the body," Nick said. 

"Weird vibes out here," Monroe said looking around. Nick went around a tree. 

"His gun was pointing this way. But I found some buckshot right here. Nick said motioning to the tree. 

"And he found some hair too," Paityn said. 

"Where'd you see her?" Monroe asked. 

"Well, I saw something over this way," Nick said motioning behind the tree. Nick seemed too excited about this. "And I followed it," Nick said. They started walking through the woods. "It was in here that I saw it," Nick said. 

"Will you stop saying 'it'?" Monroe asked. 

"All I know is that it was a Blutbad and it had long hair," Nick said. Monroe abruptly stopped Nick and both Paityn and Nick looked at him concerned. "You got something?" Nick asked. 

"Just give me a second okay?" Monroe asked sniffing around. 

"What is that?" Paityn asked. 

"Burdock root. I haven't seen this stuff since I was a kid in scouts." Monroe said excitedly. "Oh my god." He said kneeling and trying to get it out of the ground. "Yeah it's a pain killer, it's like aspirin. You chew on the root. It's also a fine Diuretic. But I digress." Monroe said. 

"Should we..." Paityn started. 

"Yeah, we should gear up. This is gonna take a while." Monroe said heading back. 

Eventually, they got their bags and went on their way to find Holly and hope to make sure she gets returned safely. 

"What are you smelling?" Paityn asked curiously. 

"Hell if I know. I just get the scent, you know?" He asked. 

"I wish I did but at the same time I wish I didn't." She said laughing a bit. 

"It's not a moose, it's not a bear, it's not a deer. We each have our own unique bouquet." Monroe said. "Here we go. A Knochen Hof." He said. 

"Let me guess, boneyard?" Nick asked. 

"Literally speaking yes. But there's a spiritual meaning." Monroe said. "We've taken a life to sustain life, and the sacrifice has to be honored. You know, before digestion begins." Monroe said. They continued walking until Monroe winced. 

"Woah, we're in the right place. You don't smell that? She marked territory here." He said. 

"You mean we're on her property?" Nick asked. He sniffed around for a moment before seeing her and running after her. Paityn and Nick chased after Monroe and Holly going as fast as they can. They stopped after around 3 minutes of running and both Monroe and Holly looked at each other morphed. They began roaring at each other and Paityn watched in awe. Eventually, they had to start running again and Paityn was out of breath. 

"Dammit, I'm out of shape." She panted as they ran. 

"Don't lose her!" Nick yelled. They ran until they came to a patch and stopped because they couldn't see her. Paityn bent over panting out of breath. 

"We lost her," Nick said. 

"No, we haven't. I can still smell her. I just don't know where it's coming from." Monroe said. Nick walked to a big tree looking up. 

"I think I know where she is." He said. Paityn looked over at the tree. 

"Oh come on. Dude no." She said. Nick looked at her confused. "That's so high." 

"That's a hell of a hunting blind," Monroe said. Nick and Monroe looked at each other. 

"I think I should go up first." He said. 

"Yeah, you got this one," Nick said as Monroe started to climb the tree. He pushed open the top part and looked down at Nick who was climbing up behind him. 

"She's here. She's passed out." Monroe said. "I'm going in." He said. Paityn watched Monroe climb into the top of the hunting blind and she sighed sitting down on the ground not even daring to climb up that. 

"You coming?" Nick asked. 

"Hell no. I don't have a death wish." She said. Nick scoffed and continued climbing. He entered the mini hut with Monroe and she sighed. "No way in hell am I climbing up that. You can't pay me. Not ever. Nope." She said pacing back and forth. She looked up seeing the door open and she watched just waiting seeing Nick coming down. 

"What's going on?" She asked Nick.

"I'm gonna get some help. She's been wounded." He said. She nodded and waited by the tree. Soon after Nick Monroe came down. 

"We just gonna leave her alone?" She asked. 

"Look, I'm just gonna get some Burdock root and I'll be right back," Monroe said. Paityn sighed having no choice but to climb it. 

"Don't look down, Just don't look down." She said climbing up to the top and pushing the door open. She crawled in carefully. "Holly. My name is Paityn. I'm a friend of Monroe and Nick's. It's alright I'm here to make sure you're okay." I said quietly. She let out a growl and Paityn slowly raised her hands. "You can trust me." She said. Holly let out a small growl but then quieted down. 

Paityn moved carefully closer but not to close. She didn't want to scare Holly nor agitate her. Eventually, Monroe came back up when it was dark. 

"Here. I got the Burdock root." He said. He carefully cut it up. "Here you chew on it. Like this." He said biting the knife and he gently gave Holly a piece which she spits out. "No, no, no, I know, I know it tastes like an old tennis shoe. I mean not that I've eaten all that many of them, but it's good for you. Okay? Just nibble on it." He said putting it back in her mouth and she gently nibbled on it wincing at the taste. 

"There we go. Atta girl." Paityn said. 

"It'll help with your fever," Monroe said. "Holly?" He asked.

"Y-Yes?" She said weakly. 

"I think everything's gonna be alright." Monroe smiled a bit. 

"You up there!" They heard someone say from below them. "Come down here now." They yelled. Monroe tried to shush Holly from growling. "Maybe you can't hear us!" They yelled and they shot at them making Paityn yelp and scoot back in fear covering her ears. 

"Alright take it easy!" Monroe yelled. Paityn looked at him worried. "Okay, I'm coming down!" Monroe yelled. "Stay here." He whispered to Paityn and Holly. "I'm coming down!" Monroe yelled slowly coming down. Paityn looked at Holly. 

"Holly. What is another way out of here?" Paityn asked her. Holly looked at a window in the back and Paityn came over to her. "I'll get you out of here. If I make you uncomfortable let me know." Paityn said carefully helping her up and getting her to the window. She seemed like she had it from there using her hair to get down by swinging off a tree and landing safely on the ground. Paityn began descending carefully using the branches. She heard Nick's voice and she sighed in relief. 

Suddenly, Holly uses her hair to drag someone over to her and then falls to the ground. A gunshot was heard and Paityn jumped stepping wrong and breaking a branch off almost falling. 

Nick picked up Holly and started running with Monroe. Paityn cursed looking around trying to find a way to get down. 

"Nick!" She yelled. Nothing she looked down seeing how far away ground was and she looked up shaking. "Nick you're gonna pay for this." She growled. She pulled out her phone realizing she had no reception and she cursed climbing back up and going to the door slowly trying to climb back down. Eventually, her palms got so sweaty she slipped near the bottom landing on her back. "Ow." She groaned rolling over and then standing up. She began to sprint through the forest until she got back to the road out of breath realizing they forgot her, again.

"Son of a bitch!" She said. She started walking down the path with her hands in her pockets. It was colder than normal this night, unfortunately, making her shiver as she walked down the path. She finally got some reception and she called Nick. "You forget someone again?" She asked. 

"No, I just sent Monroe to come and get you. I had to get her to the hospital." Nick said. 

"I was stuck in the tree!" She said. She hung up frustrated and she kept walking until she saw Monroe come up by her. 

"Hop on." He said. She got on behind him holding onto him tightly as he began to drive her back to the station. When she got there she saw Nick getting into a car to bring Holly home. Paityn ignored them getting to her car and flooring it home. She pulled into her driveway and she got out slamming the door. She walked in and saw Lyra meowing at the counter. Paityn grabbed some wet cat food getting it on a plate and setting it down. She went to the living room and yelled out slamming her fist into the wall in frustration breaking the wall slightly making her cat hiss at her. 

Paityn sat down on her couch not even able to concentrate on her phone ringing as tears flew down her face. She ran her hands through her hair and kept them tangled in her hair. Her stress accumulating all at once and coming out all at the same time. She started yelling out in frustration. Her phone rang again but she wasn't able to focus on it at all. 

"Make it stop!" She screamed out and her cat meowed a bit concerned. Her hands were shaking and it felt like she was broken for the time being. She kept yelling out while sobbing. After the third call, they stopped and within 10 minutes someone was knocking at her door. She couldn't focus on the door right now. The door opened quickly since it was unlocked and Sean rushed to her side pulling her close to him and she didn't know what to do besides holding onto his suit tightly and keep crying it all out. 

"Shh, I got you It's okay. Breathe baby breathe." He said. He gently rubbed her back trying to keep her calm while shushing her just feeling the stress. She cried for a solid 20 minutes before calming down. When she did calm down she just held onto him as if she would never see him again. Sean picked her up gently sitting her on the couch and ran to get her a water. He came over and gently tilted her head a bit helping her drink the water and he gently cupped her face wiping the tears off with his thumbs. 

"I'm okay. Thank you." She whispered. He sat next to her and held her gently. She listened to his heartbeat closing her eyes falling asleep gently. Sean brought her to her room gently tucking her in. 

"Sleep well Paityn." He said gently kissing her head and leaving. 

~~~

The next day Paityn woke up in her bed and she sat up carefully wincing at her headache. She stood up walking downstairs to get some water and ibuprofen. She took 2 ibuprofen and chugged a bottle of water. She fed Lyra and got into her car and went to the station. She got there seeing the Captain surrounded by news people and she ducked back a bit knowing they'd want to question her and she did not look the type to be questioned right now. She looked down waiting for them to walk out. When they did they didn't glance at her and they walked away. 

Paityn walked into the office sighing and she saw the Captain going into his office and she saw Nick at his desk. He stood up going to her and instead of letting him speak she hugged him abruptly shocking him. 

"I'm sorry." She said. 

"Don't be. It's alright. Come on. Holly is gonna tell us who ditched her." Nick said. I nodded and walked into the room with Hank following behind her. She leaned on the back wall as the suspects went into the room. Sean stood next to her and their hands intertwined instantly. Holly pointed at suspect number 3. 

"She's pointing at number 3," Hank said. Paityn looked at number three seeing his face full of fear. 

"Burn in hell you fucker," Paityn said under her breath so only Sean could hear her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 642 25
Menace Whittaker has always been different and has always been shunned away because of that reason. For as long as she remembers, she has always been...
173 6 5
Introduction: What would happen to the story of Grimm if Nick had a little sister? She's a FBI Agent and her partner is a Wesen. She's not a rookie a...
5.7K 132 20
After the fall of beacon Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren, and Kaz set off on there journey to Haven academy while Qrow and Zack watch over them from the shado...
2.6K 140 20
Asher Sarge Rose is the twin brother of Ruby Rose, so follow this twin as he goes on crazy and wild adventures in Remnant. Follow Asher Rose and Team...