The List | Percabeth AU [ORIG...

By liluminary

I recommend you read the revised version for a better experience! Annabeth Chase is that girl. She's beautifu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
EPILOGUE

Chapter 26

6.9K 112 721
By liluminary

GUYS. Read the picture and go like it on TWITTER! NOW! NOW!

Okay, now that you've liked it, you may proceed to the strange, teenage drama that is Percabeth.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

                               Percy

Why did life have to be complicated?

    I mean, my life wasn't absolutely horrible, but some days made me question what the point of anything was.

    This was one of those days.

    It's been a week since Poseidon got back. I hadn't spoken to either him or Annabeth since the incident at her place. I had no idea where he was staying, but I didn't care enough to know.

  It all made sense now. I thought of Annabeth's reaction at the New Year's Party when I told her about him. I recognized guilt in her eyes but never thought anything about it. That whole night felt like a million years ago...

    "Percy?" Jason asked for probably the millionth time today. I swiftly shook my head, attempting to bounce out of my daze. My sight finally focused, and I realized that we were sitting at our usual table in the corner of the large lunchroom. Hundreds of students were milling about the cafeteria, trying to catch a break from the hell that was learning.

    "Sorry, what?" I asked, blinking hard. The guys around gave me concerned looks with raised eyebrows at my confused expression.

    "I was asking if everyone wanted to come over tonight. We can do the usual," Jason repeated. He shoved his wiry glasses up on his nose that were starting to fall off of his face. Jason finally bought a pair of glasses a few days ago when he got hit with a brick in gym class. How? I wasn't really sure how he got hit with one, but it did enough damage to send him to the emergency room. He came out with no injuries, but a serious case of "four eyes."

    "Yeah, sure," I mumbled absentmindedly. Despite my greatest efforts, I couldn't seem to focus on one thing for more than 10 seconds. My mind felt scattered and incomplete. I blamed it on my ADHD, but I was fairly certain I wasn't fooling anyone about the reason why I had been so distant recently.

    Suddenly, the dismissal bell rang and everyone stood up to leave for the next class of the day. For me, it was gym class. With one last glance at my table, I bolted out of the cafeteria to avoid any more questions from the guys. The last glimpse I got was of Frank, Jason, and Nico watching me, full of concern, while Leo sat tinkering with a creation he made out of milk cartons.

✰✰✰

    "Hey, honey," my mom called out absentmindedly as I entered our apartment after school. She was writing her book on her large laptop on the kitchen counter, fiercely typing away. "How was it today? Did you talk to Annabeth?"

    I groaned at my mom's sudden interrogation. All I ever heard about this week was Annabeth. My mom loved that girl. "Mom, seriously. I might talk to her later or something."

    "I just don't want you losing that girl over- over... your dad," she spat out the last words after stumbling over the first half. She finally turned away from her computer and looked at me over her slim reading glasses.

After a week of my father being back, they still haven't spoken. No one expected my mom to talk to that dick after what he did to her. I didn't see how my dad could fix what he broke so many years back.

    "Mom, it's ok. I swear," I promised her with a fake smile. I didn't think she bought it, but she let the topic slide for now.

    "Okay," she sighed, turning back to her work. "I was thinking about meeting Paul at his work for dinner. Do you want to come?"

    "Nah, that's ok. I just want to chill, and I might head over to Jason's later," I shook my head as I plopped down on the grey sofa.

    "Alright," She nodded as she shut the laptop down and started gathering her things. Finally, she kissed me on the forehead and gave me a sweet smile before heading out the door.

    I let out a huge sigh of relief. For the first time in what felt like a million years, I finally had some alone time on a Friday night.

    Fully embracing my inner man, I took off the restricting shirt and jeans that I was clothed in all day. Yes, I was in only my boxers. No, I did not care. Becoming even more of a slob, I got out the messiest snack I could find in the pantry: powdered donuts. This was about to be a good night.

    I turned on "Little Mermaid" and chowed down on the donuts, not caring how messy I looked. I put the volume on high and sang every song at the top of my lungs. The neighbors, at this point, definitely had purchased ear plugs for their own sake. The movie was my guilty pleasure, and I never got bored of it. I have no shame.

    After the first half was over, I was starting to forget about how horrible this week had truly been. I could almost erase Annabeth and my conversation out of my mind. Even the hushed whispers that seemed to be spread to everyone in the school except me. Almost. I might have eventually completely disregarded my worries, but of course, someone had to interrupt my time.

    A series of furious knocks sounded from the front door. I flinched, quickly rolled the donut bag, and threw on my jeans. They had white dust all over them, and I didn't dare imagine what my face looked like. I was about to throw my t-shirt on when the knocking picked up again.

    "Screw it," I mumbled to myself and rushed to the door. Quickly swinging it open, I almost smacked myself in the face.

    "Hey." It was Annabeth. She was dressed in a grey sweater, dark jeans, and an extremely red face. Then I realized she was staring at my naked chest. That's when my face hue mirrored hers.

    "Hi," I said, gesturing for her to come in. When her back was facing me, I quickly rubbed my face, hoping to get all of the crumbs off my face.

    "Little Mermaid?" She had a hint of a smirk on her lips as she swiftly looked around the small apartment.

    "Hey, it's pretty good if you would give it a chance," I defended as she sat down next to the donuts. She shot me a questioning look as I shrugged.

    "Anyways," she started, "I just wanted to come here to apologize to you. I guess it's my turn to say sorry for being such an idiot."

    As much as I wanted to stay mad at Annabeth, I just couldn't. She was my best friend, after all. She also happened to be the girl I was madly in love with, but she didn't have to know that just yet. The truth was that I missed her a lot more this week than I cared to admit.

    "Annabeth, I forgive you. I get that you didn't tell me everything. I probably would've done the same thing as you," I said. Honestly, I did forgive her.

    Annabeth let out a breath of relief, "Thank God. I was so worried this whole week about you. You know, your friendship means the world to me."

    Ouch.

    I gave her a forced smile. "Me too."

    That's when I noticed the box next to her.

    She seemed to notice what I had and said, "Oh! I almost forgot. This is for you."

She gestured for me to take the square box wrapped with sea-green wrapping paper. I gave her a genuine smile. This girl really knew the way to my heart.

    "You got me cookies for your apology, so I figured I could do the same," she explained as I opened the box to a plastic case of her version of blue cookies. I doubted they tasted as good as my mom's, but it was the thought that counted.

I gave her a large grin and blinked away tears that were threatening to form. I definitely looked like an idiot, but I didn't care. Annabeth and I had finally made up, and I felt like a huge weight had just been lifted off my shoulders. For the first time in the past two weeks, I could finally breathe.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Ah, Percabeth finally is reunited...for now.

My question for you today is: where in the world would you go if there were no expenses and you had two weeks there?

Personally, I would travel to Europe and try to see as much as possible: Italy, Greece (of course), Germany, France, England, Spain, etc...

Hope you all enjoyed and have a good week! I'll update on Friday : )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.1K 801 36
yeah so this is my take on percabeth. i made them high schoolers and stuff is gonna get real. this is also my first time making a fanfic so don't jud...
86.6K 1.1K 31
-COMPLETED Two years is a long time for people to heal, some move past it, others don't. Percy Jackson would like to think he has moved on from Anna...
39.9K 279 40
Annabeth just moved to NYC and started going to Goode High and met Percy, the most popular and hottest guy in school. They become friends but will th...
88.4K 1.1K 29
Annabeth Chase- the mystery girl. She's annoyingly smart, surprisingly tough, and in a gang? She's known her whole life to keep her head down and avo...