The Twisted Gift

Galing kay Joshuas_Space

The ability of the mind is an endless supply of power. It can be used for good, or for bad. This unique power... Higit pa

Synopsis
First Day
Problems at Home
Turning Points
Almost Fatal
Training
Falling Toward Nowhere
The True Power
More Than Friends
The Deadly Game
Twists And Turns
The New Recruit
Playing Catch Up
Old Faces
Only Three Will Know
Asleep and Awake
More Lies

Looking for the Unknown

136 8 1
Galing kay Joshuas_Space

Against her fear of being wrong, she decides that the other person must be on her side. Otherwise, why would a book take her to this place and show a path to this mystery person? But then again, why has any of this happen to Casady? There are to many questions that you might as well not even ask them.

Casady begins to walk in a direction which she chooses at random. The forest seems to get denser as she walks. She is starring intensly at the map, trying to figure out which signal is hers. She doesnt even realize that ther is a tree aproaching her, until she hits her head and falls backward.

Regaining her footing, she looks at the map and confirms what she thought previously. The rustly oarnge signal is her, and the purple one is someone, or something else. She continues walking in the direction the map want's her to, not notising that there is someone following her.

As if feeling ucomfortable, she glances back as the stalker darts out of sight.

"Hello?" she asks, while fear starts to form at the bottom of her stomach.

When there is no response, she turns and continues to walk. She still feels someone close to her, so instead of turning, she starts to quicken her pace. She is almost at the other signal when someone grabs her arm. The man is dressed inall black, including his head, aside from his eyes.

"Who are you?" Casady asks, out of pure fear.

"That is not important. What is important is that you are going in to the enemies camp."

"What do you mean?"

"Across the edge of the tree line is where the king's knights rest their heads. If they see you, or get ahold of you, they will certanly kill you. You can't go over there."

"The what, What? Where am I?"

"You are in England."

"What!? What year is this?"

"How do you not know where you are or what year this is? Have you been living under a rock?"

"Yes, now, what year?"

"It is 1794. This is a special year. We are rebelling aginst the King, and we might win!"

"What ever. How the hell did I get here?

"What?"

"Never mind. I will talk to you later. What is your name?"

"Alejandro." He says.

"Well, I will see you sometime Alejandro."

Casady leaves him standing there alone. He watches her keenly as she goes into the knights camp, knowing that this is the last time he will see her again. Or, at least alaive. Casady cross' the border and is greated by two knights, dressed in complete metal armer, from head to toe.

"What is your name?" One of the Knights says rudely.

"Casady."

"Could it be?" The other knight looks straight at the first one that spoke.

"Is it you?" The one that first spoke, asks.

"Is who me."

"Your Casady? The one we have been waiting for?"

"What?" Casady answers, completely confused.

"Look! She even has the book. It must be!"

"It is her!"

"What?" She asks again, hopping for some clarity.

"You must come with us Casady. We need you to meet someone."

"Um, okay? I don-" She is cut off as they drag her along. They pull her toward the largest tent in the camp. Alejandro is watching throught the trees, sad for her because he sees them take her away. As he watches, a knight spots him and starts running toward him. Alejandro takes off running into the dense forest and quickly climbs a tree to the top. When the knight gets there he cannot see Alejandro so he just decides to go back to the camp.

Meanwhile, Casady has her own problems. She is in a place she has never se-

Casady starts to realize something, last night, she had a weired dream. She dreamed that she was running from someone in a dense forest. That is exactly what had just happened! She had just been running from someone in a forest. So if she predicted that through her dream, while she was sleeping, would it happen everytime she slept? If she went to bed right now, would she know what was about to happen to her?

Taken away in her deep thought, the knights stopped in front of a large tent. She barely realises this, a second later she would of walked right into the tent. She stands there nervous. She has no iea what to expect. If it will be good, bad, both?

A young girl walks out of the tent in lavish cloathing. Both the gaurds that Casady was with bowed at her presance. Casady stands there, not knowing what to do. The girl does not seem to mind this, in fact it seems that she id glad to see Casady not bow at her presance.

"What is your name?' The young girl asks.

"My name is Casady." She states with a shaky voice.

"Good. You have done well my knights. Come, come here with me Casady."

"Thank you my princes!" Both the gaurs say as they turn to go back to their posts.

"Who are you?" Casady asks.

"My name is Isabelle. I am the princes of this land."

"Hm, and you know me how? Why do you want me? Did you bring me here?"

"I figured that you would have many questions for me. I do not know you. I know your name, and that is all. I know that recently you have woken up with a mysterious power. Finally, I am not the one who sent the book to you. The book has many powers and teleportation is only one of them. It was sent to you to help you."

"Help me what?"

"The power of the mind is a twisted gift. At first you are in control, but soon your mind begins to overpower you. This book will help you to control it, and keep your mind in check."

"Your kidding right? Is this all some kind of joke."

"On the contrary, all of this is very serious. The power of the mind is not something to be taken lightly."

"So what happens now?"

"Open your book to the second page."

"Why?"

"I am going to show you what happens next."

Casady opens the book to the second page where the mirror is and sees herself. The picture starts to get cloudy, and Casady instantly realizes what is happening. She tries to close the book, bu it will not budge.

"What are you doing? Why are you sending me back. I was no-" She is cut off for a split second, then she continues,"t done talking to," She looks around, noticing that she is back in the hospital bed. It is as if she has never left.

The doctor walks in at that moment, and Casady slides the book under her pillow. As he changes his stare from his clip board to Casady he starts to speak.

"Well, Casady everything looks normal. We did not find anything wrong with you, but we are still worried that this may happen again. If it does please call me right away, or have your friend, was Beverly her name? Have her call me. Aside from that, you are okay to go home." He says with a saddened smile. He is scared that this may happen again, but she can't stay because nothing, that he can tell, is wrong with her.

"No problem, thank you for taking me. I, or Beverly will give you a call if it happens again. Thank you very much for everything!"

After the doctor leaves the room, Casady grabs the book and shoves it into her backpack. Next, she changes out of the hospital clothing, and into actually loathing. As she is putting her backpack on, her phone buzzes.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Casady?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"That's not important. What is important though, is that I know who you are and what you can do. You have the power of the mind, as do I."

"How do you know all of this?"

"I'm surprised you haven't noticed yet. Hm, you must of just got your power. I need to talk to you."

"We are talking right now."

"Not over the phone. Open your book and look into the mirror."

"No thanks, I have had enough crazy in one day."

"Well, if you think your life was crazy today then your mistaken. That was normal. It is, however, about to be cra-" Casady hangs up the phone. She wants nothing more than to go home and sleep.

Her backpack starts to shake violently until it falls and smacked against the hard white floor. The book comes out of it and opens itself to the second page. Casady lurches forward toward the book and pushes with everything she can to shut the book. With all her attempts, she fails. The mirror turns cloudy, and changes places. Within an instant, she is taken elsewhere. When she looks up from the book, she sees someone starring at her within an arms length.

"I told you we needed to talk."

"What is your Problem? I just want to get some rest and prosses everything!"

"Well, unfortunately for you, that is not an option."

"What do you want?"

"I am so glad you asked,"

"Save it!"

"Fine, we are in danger."

"What do you mean by we, and what kind of danger?"

"There is someone out there that is trying to hunt all of us down. One by one. You only just received your power so you are the weakest. You need to train your power, and most importantly, take control of it. Including you, there are a total of seven of us. Together we must stand."

"Okay, so how do I train exactly? It's not like I can just ask someone for help."

"You best friend, Beverly, she can help you. You must tell her everything that you have learned today. You must tell her in great detail and give this to her." The middle aged women say, handing Casady another book,"once she reads this, she will understand. Casady, you must stay strong! Whatever you do, don't let your mind take control."

"Okay, I will. Who are the others?"

"Well, two of them, including myself, you have already met. One of them, Gabby, is not to be trusted. She is working with the one hunting us all down, she had betrayed us. Now, you must go."

"But-"

"There are no but's" she says and instantly the book opens and Casady is taken back to the hospital room.

This day just keeps getting better and batter for Casady. She has no idea what life means anymore. Why her? Why was Casady chosen for this twisted gift? Why not Beverly, or another person at her school? What made her so special? Casady picks everything up and walks out of the hospital.

"You better sto-" Casady starts to yell into her phone.

"Casady? Are you okay! It's Beverly, what's wrong?"

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else. We need to talk."

"Okay, is everything okay?"

"Nothing is okay and I need your help. Can we meet at your place? Ident want to go hone right now."

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll see you in a few."

"K bye."

Casady is determined to do whatever it takes to understand everything, to understand her life. I order to do that, she needs Beverly. How in the world is she ever going to explain everything to Beverly, though? She will think that Casady is Crazy!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

10.4K 930 33
Dangerous new players are entering the battle between the Supers and their enemy, an organization seeking power and absolute control. Now, Ivy and th...
9.1K 316 35
WHAT IF YOU COULD HEAR THOUGHTS? Thanks to her ability to mind-drop, Cassie can hear the thoughts of everyone around her. But sometimes her telepathy...
2.4K 160 34
"WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING?!" I yelled "O MY GOD it worked!". OK so that was a little preview of what's going to happen in this book so let me expla...
9.7K 1.3K 47
The people of Lancet Falls, Idaho are changing, and it's all because of an otherworldly light that only a few can see, but the changes are affecting...