Some Smiles Aren't Heroic ~Bo...

By OliviaChan08

Izuku Midoriya was a boy that grew up without a quirk, unlike the people around him. That didn't stop him fro... More

Special Thanks
1. Just A Boy
2. No Choice
3. Breaking a Hero's Spirit
4. Without Them
5. No One Will Hear
6. Switch
7. Sanity....What's That?
8. Goodbye, Old Life
10. Ghosts from the Past
11. Where He's Gone
12. Found
13. Mistake
14. Taking Over
15. What Really Happened
16. A Not-So-Happy Reuinion
17. Not The Same
18. My Prisoner
19. It Was My Choice
20. Know
Update!!! A/N PLEASE READ

9. The New Villains Arise

2.8K 104 41
By OliviaChan08

Well the last chapter wasn't very violent, neither is this one. I'll probably sprinkle in a few descriptions of blood, but you know. Sorry if I haven't been as active on my account, I just finished moving with my family and am getting settled in.
Let's see what happens in this next chapter!

~~~~~~~~

It was a typical day for the League of Villains. Just some killing, a few meetings, then wreaking havoc to cause trouble for heroes.

At least that's what Izuku Midoriya saw it as. Though he spent a good time being trained and taught under the supervision of All for One and Tomura Shigaraki, he still wasn't allowed to do anything with Kurogiri or any other villains they might meet.

He just watched from the sidelines at all the 'fun' they had. As he was doing right now, watching Shigaraki talk to a shady man and a few other people.

One was a teenage girl in a school uniform, wearing an excited grin on her face. Her piercing gold eyes were filled with happiness and a bit of crazy.

The other was a tall young man with dark hair and purple scars all over, reaching up to his bottom lip and under his eyes.

"Let me join the league! I wanna meet Mr. Stain!" The female chirped, raising her hands to her face.

Stain, huh? Izuku looked up as he hid behind the wall to not be seen. He remembered hearing all kinds of stories about Stain. Then when Shigaraki brought him to their hideout and came to an agreement with the killer, everything got messed up.

Shigaraki didn't let Izuku anywhere near the public eye. He knew he wasn't ready to get any attention yet. What he did hear was that the Hero Killer had been killed.

Not much else was known to Izuku, but he heard Kurogiri say something about students from UA getting involved. That made him curious.

He was eager to start working with Shigaraki. He didn't even think they did anything bad anymore. To him, it was just what needed to be done. That's what came into Izuku's mind. Now the heroes were the bad guys. They were the ones that were hurting people more than helping them.

A loud shout startled Izuku to jump. He turned to look toward the bar to see Kurogiri using his portal quirk to deflect any attacks that might've been fired.

The girl held a knife in hand, held out into a portal, the man's arm went in but came out another portal, and Shigaraki's two hands were way out of reach to touch either of them thanks to Kurogiri.

Izuku gasped softly, a small grin growing on his face. Was a fight about to break out?

The smoke villain whispered something into Shigaraki's ear and retreated his portals. The three lowered their hands and looked at each other.

"Shut up!" Shigaraki hissed as he walked forward. Izuku remained behind the wall now, staying quiet.

The man with a cigarette in his mouth raised an eyebrow, "Where are you going?"

Shigaraki snapped, "Shut up!" He walked passed them and into the dark exit. He turned and looked at Izuku. "Go out there and keep them occupied, I'll be back."

The green haired boy tilted his head, "Who are they? Are they joining us?" He asked. He had to admit, he did get bored and having a few more buddies to hang out with wasn't a bad idea.

"Just do what I say and don't get in trouble! Otherwise, I'll put you back in that room for three days, maybe even more if I forget." Shigaraki threatened.

Izuku tensed up. The white room. He hated that room. After Shigaraki stopped torturing him, he didn't visit that room quite often.

The thing was, Shigaraki knew exactly what his weakness was. Any time Izuku would disobey him or not do something as he was told, back to the white room it was to lose even more of what was left of Izuku's sanity.

By the tone of voice, Izuku knew this wasn't the time to question anything or fool around. "Got it." Izuku complied as he nodded and walked past Shigaraki, while the pale haired villain went out the door.

Immediately, the three people turned to Izuku when he came in.

Kurogiri quieted then gestured to a chair. "Midoriya, come in."

Izuku walked through them. "Who are you guys?" He raised an eyebrow curiously.

The tall male stepped in front of Izuku before he could get any further. "Who wants to know?"

Izuku just lifted his head to him and grinned. "I was trying to be polite because I thought eavesdropping then mentioning your names would be rude. Also, I asked first, Dabi."

The male's eyes widened and he frowned. He stepped aside, letting him pass.

Izuku stepped ahead. "It's kind of weird that you wouldn't tell Shigaraki your full name, isn't it?"

The schoolgirl giggled innocently, though she was far from innocent. "I like this boy." She fixed her blonde bangs and smiled. "I'm Toga Himiko. I wanna join the League of Villains!"

"So I've heard." Izuku smirked at her. "I'm Izuku Midoriya. You can call me Deku if you'd like."

"Ah, Deku!" Toga squealed as she walked closer to him, leaning in. "Is that a nickname of some sort? I love it!"

Izuku nodded, "It's just another name I was given by someone I cared about." He grinned.

Toga smiled back. "I want to know everything about you. Tell me all of it~" her eyes squinted as she chuckled.

Izuku already liked this girl's attitude. He could tell she wasn't just all sweet and kind. She also had a deadly side.

I like these people. I hope Shigaraki lets them join. I also hope that he finally lets me join in on the fun of being a villain.

...

The small apartment was so empty without him. She didn't know what to do with herself now.

Inko Midoriya was washing her face to go to bed. She dried herself off with a towel and looked into the mirror with a frown on her face.

Ever since Izuku disappeared, nights were especially lonely. She still couldn't comprehend the fact that he just disappeared with no trace.

Inko sighed and hung the rag up. She then left the bathroom and turned off the light.

Then, a nearby thud was heard. Inko jumped in surprise with a yelp. She looked around to see if anyone was there. No one else was in the apartment with her, or so she thought.

She stepped forward. "Hello?" Her voice was shaky when she spoke.

"Mom?"

She turned her head to her left and her eyes widened.

Two green eyes, similar to Inko's own, shone from the darkness of the apartment. The owner walked closer to her, revealing his full appearance.

"I-Izuku?" She managed to say in a loud whisper.

The green haired male nodded as he made it next to the window of the apartment where the moonlight hit him. "Yes. It's me, Mom."

Inko's lip quivered. She teared up and covered her mouth. "Izuku..." She said before wrapping her arms around him.

Izuku slowly embraced her in return, sighing in relief. He smiled a little, "Did you miss me?"

His mother nodded in response as she cried, "Where did you go? What happened to you?" She frowned at him and wiped her tears.

"A lot of things happened, but I'm alive. Don't cry, Mom. I'm here." He rubbed her back as he held her. Even if he was a villain, that didn't change one thing about his love toward his mother.

Inko sniffled and whimpered, "Why did you leave? I thought I would never seen you again."

"Well, Mom, it wasn't really a choice. Let's just say...I had to protect you. I didn't want you to get hurt so I left." Izuku sighed, "I hope you're not mad at me for it."

"Of course not!" She shook her head. "I would never be mad at you." She chuckled through her whimpers. "I'm just so relieved that you're okay and you're back."

Izuku looked to the side, "Yeah. I can't stay for long, though."

"W-what? What do you mean?" Inko sniffled, "You just got here. Everyone's missed you so much. And- and you have your classes at UA, and your friends-"

"Mom."

"They all miss you. I thought that's what you wanted. You wanted to go to UA. What am I going to do-"

"Mom." Izuku said with a louder tone. Inko stopped herself, "What?"

Izuku looked down. "I'm done with that. I'm not going to become a hero. I don't want to go back to UA to go through the same thing over and over again." He frowned and shook his head.

"What do you mean?"

"Things changed for me, Mom. I finally know the truth, and I made my choice." Izuku looked at her seriously. "I'm going to be a villain now."

Inko stared at him in surprise for minutes. Her face showing confusion, disappointment, and sorrow.

She then pulled her hands up to his face and whispered, "Izuku...how?"

"I was silly to chase a dream that was in vain, Mom." He explained, "I'm choosing what's best for me. I think I have a better shot at changing the world this way than if I ever was a hero. Heroes aren't what everyone cuts them out to be."

"I don't understand. Izuku, please, don't you understand what you're doing?" Inko bit her lip and grabbed his sleeves tightly.

Izuku chortled, "I understand completely! Either way, I doomed to the same destiny: death! I was only getting myself hurt for nothing going to UA." He gestured to himself. "Don't think this is some sort of rebellion against you. I never blamed you once for anything. I just really hope you don't hate me for my choice." He smiled sweetly at her, it was so innocent looking.

Inko gulped, "I don't hate you. I just- I don't understand. Will I ever be able to see you again?"

Izuku nodded, "I promise I'll come back another time to see you." He grabbed her hand and squeezed it a little. "You won't tell anyone you saw me, right?"

"Why not?"

"I can't have others knowing exactly what I'm doing. If someone heard that I was still wandering about, I'd probably be in trouble."

Inko seemed confused, "What? By who?"

Izuku chuckled and leaned closer to her, putting his mouth by her ear. "Let's just say they'd do some pretty horrible things to us. Probably kill me first, then kidnap you. I know exactly what they'd do next." He reached down to the sleeve of his black sweater and pushed it up. "They'd keep you locked in a room, torturing you, bruising you, breaking you."

He then showed her the nasty scar on his wrist and the cuts and bruises. Inko gasped and put her hands over her mouth.

"Trust me, it's a whole lot worse when you see the whole thing." He sighed. "So..." He pulled his sleeve down and tilted his head, "You won't tell, right?" Somehow, he still managed to have a happy look on his face.

Inko nodded slowly, "I don't want anything bad to happen to you, but..."

"Great!" Izuku looked to the open window a few feet away. "Anyways, I should probably go. I don't want them noticing I left. I'll come back soon, okay?"

She hesitated as she grabbed his sleeve. "Izuku... Take care of yourself." She knew there was no way she would change his mind. She was still trying to process everything, she didn't even know what to say.

Izuku nodded and frowned. "I will, Mom. Trust me." He leaned in and kissed her forehead in a loving manner. She sniffled as he pulled away, standing there helplessly.

And with that, Izuku went out the door and back to the shadows of the city, while Inko stood where she was, shocked.

Now everything was really hitting her. All that had happened, all that he said, it all came to her at once. What was she to do now that she knew what really happened? Could she even help him realize he was committing the worst mistake?

She broke down in tears and put her face over her hands. "Izuku." She shook her head. She knew she should have spoken up. Then maybe, she could've stopped him. But it was too late now.

And the villain arises.

~~~~~~~~

I've gotten 5 hours of sleep in the past day and I really should be asleep since it's about to be 11 PM over here but forget it. I had to finish this update because otherwise I'd feel un-useful. As I finish writing this A/N I am half awake so sorry for any mistakes in my grammar or spelling. Anyways, thank you for reading, please vote/comment, love you all, and have  great day/night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 10.8K 23
Katsuki Bakugo, UA student, aiming to be the number one hero, has a problem. Izuku Midoriya has been brighter than usual and it's been making Bakugo...
116K 5K 33
After the attack at the USJ, Izuku was kidnapped by the League of Villains, and although he was quickly rescued, Midoriya has been blackmailed into b...
9K 190 13
Izuku Midoriya has caught the eye of the League of Villains, as they try and try to convert him to be a villain they always seem to fail. The heroes...
138K 4.1K 22
" He's something perfect with more bloodlust! Isn't that right our little devil?" *******************************************************************...