Forbidden

By Violaplayer44

(Sean Renard) Paityn is Nick's older sister. Also a Grimm just like her brother. They both work on the police... More

Chapter 1 Pilot
Chapter 2 Bears will be Bears
Chapter 3 BeeWare
Chapter 4 Lonelyhearts
Chapter 5 Das Gift von Grimm (Own Idea)
Chapter 5.5 Danse Macabre
Chapter 7 Let Down Your Hair
Chapter 8 Game Ogre
Chapter 9 Of Mouse and Man
Chapter 10 Organ Grinder
Chapter 11 Tarentella
Chapter 12 Last Grimm Standing
Chapter 13 Three Coins in a Fuchsbau
Chapter 14 Plumed Serpent
Chapter 15 Island of Dreams
Chapter 16 The Thing with Feathers
Chapter 17 Love Sick
Chapter 18 Cat and Mouse
Chapter 19: Leave It To Beavers
Chapter 20: Happily Ever Aftermath

Chapter 6 The three bad wolves

478 10 9
By Violaplayer44

Paityn was laying down in her bed. Her head was racing with a million thoughts. She debated if she was dying, or If she was going to be alright, or even if the same thing would happen again. In the process, she thought so much she went through the entire night without sleeping at all. At 6:30 she got a call from Nick saying she needed to head into work. 

Without hesitation, she got dressed in her casual detective wear and got to her new car. She drove to the crime scene getting out and seeing Nick and Hank already there. 

"Hey. What's going on?" Paityn asked. 

"We got called in. A huge bomb exploded this man's house. His name is Hap Lasser." Nick said. She looked over, seeing the man kneeling on the ground. The three of them went over to him. 

"Mr. Lasser you said you walked outside just before it exploded?" Nick asked. 

"Well yeah, detective. If I would've been in there, I wouldn't be out here." He said. Paityn laughed just a small bit. She was exhausted, to say the least. "Aw Xena: Warrior Princess issue 17 this was a classic." He said going over to a comic book and opening it. 

"Mr. Lasser, we have a lot of people out here investigating the explosion. If you were involved in any kind of bomb-making, now's the time to let us know before anyone gets hurt." Nick said.  

"Bomb-making? Me?" He asked. "I wouldn't know how to do any of that. Everything I loved was in there. My entire life. My brother's baseball cards. Now if my brother knew about this he would crap a car." He said. Paityn laughed a bit more which then morphed into a yawn. 

"Shouldn't he be happy you're alive?" Hank asked. 

"How's he gonna hear?" He asked. 

"Hey, you're gonna need a place to stay tonight. Why don't you give your brother a call." Nick said offering him his phone. 

"Your cell phone is not that good detective. He didn't make it out." He said sadly. Paityn was on the verge of passing out due to exhaustion but Hank caught on holding her upright keeping her awake. 

"Didn't make it out of what?" Hank asked him. 

"His double-wide. The same thing happened to him last month with him in it. He's so dead," Hap said. Nick and Hank gave each other the same look of 'oh shit.' Paityn looked at Nick exhausted and he went over to her picking her up gently. Paityn fell asleep in his arms quickly. Nick was able to get her in his car while Hank told Hap where to go or to follow them. Hank came over to Nick.

"She having sleeping problems again?" Hank asked. Nick sighed. 

"Apparently. Let her sleep on the way there. Hank, drive her car there. I'm sure she doesn't want it left here." Nick said. Hank nodded and Nick carefully got Paityn's keys giving them to him. 

~~~

Nick parked at the station looking at Paityn. She was still passed out. 

"Paityn. Hey Pait, we're here." He said. Paityn didn't wake up so Nick got out and went to her side opening the door. "Paityn. Hey, wake up." He said. He checked her pulse finding one that signified she was in a deep sleep. Nick sighed picking her up again as Hank parked. 

"She still asleep?" He asked. Nick nodded. 

"Yeah. I'm going to bring her to the captain if he's not busy. I'm sure though that as soon as he sees me carrying her he's gonna take her anyways." Nick laughed walking in. They walked up to the stairs going up. They then walked into the office and Sean looked up seeing them. He ran over to them gently taking her from Nick. "She's just passed out. She's exhausted." Nick said. Sean sighed in relief. 

"Thank god." He said. A few officers stopped to look at Sean and Paityn smiling like dorks. Sean carried her into his office being followed by Nick. "Is she having problems sleeping again?" He asked as he sat down at his desk with her in his lap. She managed to somehow get closer to him despite her being asleep so now, her face was nuzzled into the crook of his neck. 

"I don't know. But what I do know, is that one of you two should move in with the other to keep tabs." Nick said. Sean looked at him. 

"We've only just started dating." He said. 

"And I can tell you don't want to leave her. And trust me, Paityn doesn't either." Nick said. Sean looked at Paityn smiling gently. 

"We'll talk. Thank you, Nick. Please, get back to your job." He said. Nick nodded walking out to go sit by hank as Paityn slept in Sean's lap.

~~~

A few hours went by and Paityn woke up groggily in Sean's arms. He hadn't let her move too much since he sat down. She breathed in his scent for a moment before she looked up at him.

"How long have I been out?" She asked rubbing her eyes. Sean gently moved some hair out of her face and she smiled a small bit leaning into his hand. 

"Only a few hours. It's alright," he said. 

"I wish I could stay here forever," Paityn said laughing a bit. Sean leaned down gently kissing the top of her head and she closed her eyes for a moment smiling. 

"I think Nick and Hank need your help first." He said. She carefully stood up and Sean watched her as she left. She went over to Nick and Hank. 

"Hey look who's risen from the dead," Hank said. Paityn smiled a bit fist-bumping the air. Hank laughed a bit and Paityn was about to sit down. 

"No hang on. We need to go bring these to the arson investigator. Coming Pait?" Nick asked. She nodded walking over to him while the three of them went to go find the investigator.

~~~

"So you believe both explosions were accidental?" Nick asked. 

"Yeah, that's how it appears to me. The inlet valve of the propane stove from the geodesic dome was corroded, not exactly unheard of in this wet climate. So we had a propane leak. The guy's breaker-box was out-of-code. He had on one appliance too many. There was a spark. That was the point of ignition. Now, in the older brother's double-wide, we had a nicked propane line. It was right next to a frayed extension cord. Plus, there was severe rodent infestation." Peter said. 

"Rats like to chew on things right?" Paityn asked. 

"Yes, you see, rats like to sharpen their teeth on power cords. The same principle right? We got gas, plus spark. Boom. Same result." Peter said. 

"Is it possible that someone corroded the valve or frayed the cord?" Nick asked. 

"I get it. They're brothers, it's a very weird coincidence. I tried to find a connection between the gas companies, there wasn't any. The service companies were different as well. Anything's possible. But I got nothing here that suggests foul play. I did have the C.S.U. team pull some prints off the valves and the tanks. Nothing was a hit of the database. And you guy's know how this works. I, I can't base my conclusions on the fact that both the victims are related." He said. 

Paityn's head was spinning while listening to all this and she held her head slightly. Hank eyed her nervously and Paityn waved him off meaning she's fine. 

"You know it says here you were contacted by an insurance adjuster," Nick said. Paityn prepared for another long speech. 

"Yeah, whenever there's a loss of life, we try to work the case off our desk quickly to aid the beneficiary," Peter said. Paityn sighed not having to hear another speech. 

"You know who the beneficiary was from the first brother's death?" Hank asked. 

"I'm not given that information unless it's a criminal case but typically the next of kin." He said. 

"I wonder how many people he has in his family," Paityn said rubbing her temples in pain. 

"We should talk to Hap," Nick said. 

"I'll come with you," Paityn said making Nick nod. 

"All right, you do that, and I'll contact the insurance company," Hank said. 

"Well, I'm here if you guy's need anything else and keep me in the loop. I'd love to know if we got a bad guy here." Peter said. 

They walked out of the room and Paityn ran into the wall a bit on her way out making Hank grab her and move her in front of him. 

"Sorry. Headache, that was a lot of talking." She said. Hank laughed getting her to the desk and giving her a few ibuprofen to take fast. She downed them within 5 seconds. 

"Bad guy? Is he serious? This isn't some Batman crap going on." Paityn laughed a bit and Hank smiled. 

"Still got her humor," Hank said. 

"Paityn, you ready?" Nick asked. Paityn nodded. 

"Let's do this." She said. 

~~~

Nick showed up outside of Monroe's house. They looked at it for a moment when suddenly the window shatters and Nick is grabbed a thrown out. Paityn tried to get free but the person growled grabbing her and throwing her beside Nick. Paityn yelped hurting her arm and she stood up about to pull her gun out until the person tackled her down to the ground. She was about to claw her when she backed up looking at them both. 

"Grimms. This is gonna be even more fun then I thought." She said taking a few steps forward towards Paityn as Nick grabbed his gun holding it up. Paityn stood up holding her arm in pain wincing as Nick pushed her behind him. "And she's got Das Gift von Grimm in her system. That'll be fun." She growled until Hap ran in front of her blocking her while Monroe went in front of Nick and Paityn. 

"Get down!" Nick yelled at Monroe. 

"It's my sister Angelina!" Hap yelled restraining her. Paityn looked at Monroe and he looked at her confused for a moment and then back at Nick. 

~~~

They ended up going inside where Paityn was sat down on a chair. Monroe was looking at her worried but stayed silent. Angelina spoke up pissed.

"They've killed more of our ancestors than I can count." She said while Nick was moving his arm in pain. "How can you know them? How can you even talk to them?" She asked. 

"Well, It's complicated," Monroe said. 

"What are you talking about?" Hap said. 

"They're both Grimms," Angelina said. 

"What? No. They're both cops. Monroe, tell her she's wrong." Hap said. 

"She's not," Monroe said uncomfortably. 

"He's a cop and a Grimm? Is that even legal?" Hap asked. 

"Does someone want to explain to me why I'm not arresting her for assaulting two police officers?" Nick yelled. Paityn held her arm in pain wincing at it. Hap came over to her to make sure she was alright. She winced when she tried to move her arm. 

"It's just extremely bruised. I can tell. I broke it when I was 8 after I fell out of a tree. A branch broke that I was on." She said. Hap nodded and he went to grab her an ice pack. 

"I was protecting my brother!" Angelina said to Nick. 

"Yeah, and your boyfriend," Hap said coming in with an ice pack. 

"Ex," Monroe said. Paityn took the ice pack thanking him quietly and putting it on her arm gently. "Long time ago," Monroe said shrugging at Nick.

"Okay, you know what? This is, this is insane. Three Blutbaden in a room with two Grimm and we're all having a nice chat. Well, most of us are." She said. "All except the Das Gift von Grimm one." 

"Can someone explain what the hell that is?" Paityn yelled. Nick tensed. 

"It's the poison you were injected with," Nick said. "It's what made you go ballistic and try to kill Sean and Liam." He turned to look at her. 

"And you still have it in your blood. Whoever tried to cure you didn't do it fully." Angelina said. Paityn put her hand to her neck. 

"Injection spot," Monroe said. She took the patch off and Nick winced at it. 

"Oh my god." He said. He went over to her neck tilting her head slightly. "We need to cure this," Nick said.

"From the way it smells right now, it's weak. It's not spreading very fast." Angelina said. Paityn looked at her hopeful. "But then again I don't know how it works entirely. I can smell it throughout her entire body." Paityn stood up walking out abruptly as tears streamed down her face. She was a ticking time bomb. Nick glared at Angelina and followed Paityn out. Nick ran after her as Paityn burst into a run. It was like a race. Paityn was in the lead being closely followed by Nick. 

"Paityn stop!" Nick yelled. Paityn kept going not listening to her brother. She eventually made it to a farm field before stopping. Nick was panting behind her. "What the hell!" Nick yelled. 

"I'm going to die, aren't I?" Paityn asked. Nick looked at her. 

"No. I won't let you. Monroe knows the cure." Nick said. 

"Yeah, so did my boyfriend." She said looking at him. 

"Pait, I promise I'm going to help find the cure for you." He said. She walked over to him hugging him. 

"I'm scared." She said. 

"I know. I am too. We should get your arm checked out." Nick said. 

~~~

Nick brought her to his house and Juliet was able to look at her arm. Nick had taken a scarf wrapping it around Paityn's neck so her wound wasn't visible. 

"It's not broken. I think it's just really bruised. What happened?" Juliet asked. 

"We got into a fight with a suspect," Paityn said. "I was in the room and Nick came in to help," Paityn said. Juliet nodded. 

"Gotcha." She said. She gently put a sling on Paityn's arm so she could heal and Paityn grabbed her arm gently when she tried to walk away.

"You wouldn't mind if I stayed the night right?" She asked. Juliet smiled gently. 

"Of course not. Stay as long as you like." Juliet said. 

~~~

Paityn had slept on the couch the entire night not knowing Nick had left to go to the trailer and Angelina's house. She woke up sore and groaned sitting up. 

"Morning sleepyhead. How'd you sleep?" Juliet asked. 

"Like a rock. Thank you." Paityn said with a smile. 

"Any time. The arm still hurting?" She asked. Paityn nodded a bit. 

"Yeah, not too much though." Paityn gave a small smile. 

"Well, I have some breakfast ready. Come on. Nick already left for work. I told him to tell your boyfriend that you'd be a little late." She said helping Paityn up and bringing her to the table. 

"Thank you, again," Paityn said. Juliet smiled. 

"No need to worry." She laughed. 

~~~

Paityn had eaten breakfast with Juliet discussing a lot of things before heading to work. She got there with her sling and a new patch on her neck. Paityn looked at the desk confused seeing that Hank and Nick weren't there. She saw Sean coming out of his office. 

"Captain, where are Nick and Hank?" She asked. 

"They're at a case Hap was murdered last night." He said. "Are you okay though? Nick told me you hurt your arm." He said. 

"I'm fine. Yeah, no need to worry. Juliet said it's just really bruised." She said with a small smile. 

"Good. I don't like seeing you hurt." He said. He gently kissed her head and a few cops made an awe noise when he did so. 

"You two are cute." A cop said behind them. Sean gently moved back giving her a small smile before walking out of the room. Paityn sat down at her desk. She opened her laptop searching up Das Gift von Grimm. 

"The poison of Grimm. It's German. Legend has it that after so many Wesen kept getting killed by mass Grimm attacks, they invented a special poison that only affects Grimm. Spreads fast unless cured wrong or not fully. First symptoms after not being cured are sudden spouts of anger. Loss of sleep. Loss of breath. Coughing up black liquids. After symptoms start appearing, watch the veins turn from their normal color to black." She read aloud. She ran her hands through her hair stressed. "After the veins turn black the Grimm will slowly begin descending into madness. Before it even knows it, it succumbs to anger and will go on a ramage to find out whoever infected it. Only one specific person can get them out of the trance they are in." She finished. 

She stared at the last symptom right before the veins turn black. 'Coughing up black liquids.' She closed her laptop and she closed her eyes tightly feeling tears cascade down her face. She stood up walking out of the office knowing who to talk too. She walked into the holding cells after getting permission and dropping her gun off. She walked to the last cell. 

"How do I cure it?" She asked. 

"Woah you're not dead. Captain had the balls eh? Shocker." Liam said. 

"Tell me! Now!" She yelled. Liam laughed. 

"I don't know. I just know how to make the poison. Good luck." He laughed. Paityn punched the cell and stormed out with more tears falling down her face. She grabbed her gun checking back out and walking outside accidentally bumping into the captain. 

"Paityn? Where are you going?" He asked. Paityn wasn't able to focus on him she just kept walking. "Paityn!" He yelled going after her. Sean ran after her grabbing her shoulder turning her around seeing her tears. "What the hell is going on?" He asked. She let out a sob covering her face and collapsing to the ground. He got down with her getting very worried. 

"It didn't work. The cure." She sobbed. He looked at her confused until he saw the patch on her neck that was still there.

~~~

Sean had brought her into his office with Nick after he returned. Paityn was sitting in a chair trying to tell Sean everything without getting the Grimm part into it. When she finished Sean looked at her worried. 

"When did you cough up the black liquid?" He asked. 

"A few days ago. After the rat case, I choked. I went to the bathroom and it was almost like blood but black." She said. Sean took the patch off seeing the veins around it turning black. 

"Shit." He said. He gently cupped her face. "We're going to fix this. I promise." He said. She nodded slowly. 

"We just need to finish the cure then," Nick said. 

"It's not that easy. The flower needed is very rare." Sean said. Nick cursed and Paityn was only getting more panicked. She started fidgetting her fingers and her breathing got quicker. Sean kneeled in front of her taking her hands stopping her. "We won't let this get you." He said. 

"Sean. Her neck." Nick said. Sean looked at her neck seeing the black spreading faster but slowing when Paityn was calmed down. 

"Just don't get your heart pumping too fast," Sean said. He looked at her and she held his hands tighter. 

"Let's, let's just finish this case. The more we're in here the more suspicion is going to be raised." Paityn said quietly. Sean nodded and looked at Nick. 

"If anything happens. Anything." Sean said. Nick nodded. 

"I'll tell you," Nick said. 

~~~

Paityn and Nick walked out of the office seeing Hank at the desk while Monroe sat waiting. He looked at her and he winced. 

"It's gotten worse, hasn't it?" Monroe asked. Nick nodded as Paityn wrapped a scarf around her neck, the patch useless. "Don't worry," Monroe said. Paityn clenched her fist getting irritated by everyone telling her she'll be alright. Nick cleared his throat getting their attention away from that for a moment. 

"Why did you leave him alone in the house? Did she talk you into that?" Nick asked. 

"No. She didn't talk me into anything." Monroe said. 

"Look, Monroe, I am your best friend right now. Look if you don't talk to me..." Nick started. 

"It's my fault, okay? I left him alone it doesn't matter why." Monroe said. Paityn sat down at her desk with her hands clasped focussing on her breathing. 

"It matters if she convinced you to leave and she has someone else working with her," Nick said. 

"She wouldn't do that," Monroe said. 

"How do you know?" Paityn said quickly. "I mean after she ripped Nick and me out of the car almost breaking my arm and his shoulder, I wouldn't be surprised," Paityn said. Her hands shook and Nick looked at her concerned. 

"Because he's her brother. We don't kill our own." Monroe said. "You don't know her like I do Paityn." He said. Nick looked at Paityn and as she was about to speak he interrupted to try and keep her calm. 

"Yeah well, maybe that's your problem. Maybe you're a little too close." Nick said. 

"Hap was my friend! I would have never left him alone if I thought..." He started. "I honestly thought he would be safe." He whispered looking down. 

"Nick," Wu said motioning for Nick and Paityn to come over. They both walked over. "We ran blood tests on her clothes," he said. 

"What do you got?" Nick asked. 

"Believe it or not, bugs bunny. They had something to do with the death of a rabbit." He said. Nick went back over to Monroe and Paityn sighed sitting down at her desk. 

"A rabbit?" Nick said. Monroe looked at him and shrugged a bit. 

"I, uh, yeah. I lapsed." Monroe said. 

"Maybe, she is not the right girl for you?" Nick said. Paityn looked at her laptop. Her head spun a bit and she opened it up seeing the tab open still for it. Her hands clenched tightly and she felt her heart pick up the pace. She wasn't paying any attention to Nick and Monroe's conversation they were currently having. 

"Paityn," Nick said looking at her worried. Paityn didn't hear him and continued tightening her fists until blood began soaking through her fingers. Nick went over to her grabbing her hands and Paityn snapped out of it unclenching her hands. Blood slowly dripped from her hands onto her desk. "Monroe. Don't let her leave I'm going to get a med-kit." Nick said running off and Monroe sat beside her and carefully moved her head. 

"It's gotten worse." He said. 

"I'm aware. I'm dying, aren't I?" She said. Monroe didn't answer and Nick came back setting it down and carefully cleaning her hands off and wrapping her palm just a bit. 

After Nick wrapped her hands Monroe had to go and take Angelina out. She stood up beside Nick watching her carefully. She glared at them as Monroe pushed her forward. Hank came walking toward them.

"What do you got?" Nick asked. 

"Angelina's water glass. There were some unknown prints on the propane valves at both her brothers' houses. I'm gonna have the lab print this and see if we get a match. I don't know if she had anything to do with killing her brothers, but she's hiding something." Hank said. 

~~~

Paityn got out of her car shutting it off. Of course, it was raining right now so she wanted to get inside as fast as possible. She went up to her door trying to unlock it when she heard small mews coming from the bushes by her house. She paused looking around confused. She heard it continue and she went over to the bushes moving them to see a small little Snowshoe kitten on the ground. 

"Oh no. It's okay, it's okay I got you." She said gently picking it up. The kitten was soaked and Paityn looked around for another cat but didn't find one. She ran inside keeping the kitten warm and close to her. She gently set the kitten on the counter and ran to get a towel. She brought it back over trying to try the kitten a bit. It let out a small mew and Paityn smiled just a small bit. 

She grabbed some milk out of her fridge pouring it into a small bowl and giving it to the kitten who quickly began drinking it. Paityn giggled a bit. She pulled out her phone dialing Nick. 

"Nick, Hey, is Juliet there?" She asked. 

"Yeah? Why?" He asked. 

"I have a kitten here and I don't know what I'm doing." She said laughing a small bit. 

"Sure, just give me a second." He said. She heard him call for Juliet and she was put on the phone. 

"Hey, Paityn, Nick said you got a cat?" She said. 

"Yeah, I found a kitten and I have no idea what I am doing," Paityn said. The kitten mewed a bit and Paityn went over to it gently picking it up. 

"I'll be right over, mind if Nick comes?" she asked. 

"Oh, sure go ahead bring him with. Don't wanna leave my brother alone." She laughed. Juliet laughed a bit with her. 

"I'll see you in a bit," Juliet said hanging up. Paityn sat down holding the kitten in her lap and it carefully laid down next to her stomach falling asleep. She gently ran her hands over the kitten and it began gently purring. 

"Lyra. That's gonna be your name." Paityn said. Within the next 10 minutes, Juliet got to her door knocking on it. "Door's unlocked!" She yelled. Juliet and Nick came in laughing a bit from the rain. Juliet came over and Paityn stood up holding Lyra and Juliet gently took the kitten. 

"Awe you're a little one aren't ya?" She said in a baby voice. "She can't be more then around 3 or 4 weeks old is my guess. The runt of the litter no doubt." She said. Juliet began making sure the kitten was alright. Nick looked at Paityn nervous. 

"Paityn, your neck." He whispered. Paityn put her hand on her neck and looked at him confused. 

"What? how bad is it?" She asked. 

"No, that's the thing. It's not there right now." Nick said. She looked at him confused and went to the bathroom looking at her neck. 

"What the hell? Where'd it go?" She asked. Nick took her hand gently.

"When did she scratch you?" He asked. 

"She didn't...oh." She said. She looked at the scratch seeing it there on her hand. Not very vivid. "Do you think the cat..." She said. 

"After everything, I wouldn't be shocked," Nick said. Paityn walked back over to Juliet as she started explaining everything. 

Little did she know Sean was across the street in a car having placed the kitten there with the full cure to help. Catherine was there with him. 

"Told you it would work." She said.

"That was too close," Sean said. 

"You are getting close to running out of time." She said. 

"You have to give me more time. I'm not pushing this." Sean said. 

~~~

Paityn and Nick had to be called back into work because Hank had found something. Paityn walked in behind Nick and Hank spoke up quickly. 

"Got the report back on Angelina's prints. No match at either brother's house, but we got a match on a bloody partial from a double murder two years ago in Eugene. The vics were brothers. Lived next door to each other." Hank said. 

"Brothers?" Nick asked finally finding a link. 

"Murdered on the same night. The case is still open, no suspects." Hank said. Paityn looked at the bloody pictures. 

"Until now that is." She said smiling just a bit. 

"Don't know what those boys ever did to her, but it gives a new meaning to 'you fight like a girl.'" Hank said. "Now, check this out," Hank said motioning to papers in front of his desk.

"The vics were George and Stanley Orson. Same name as the Arson investigator." Nick said.

"Could be a coincidence, but I found this," Hank said pulling up an old newspaper. 

"I think we may have a family feud going on here," Paityn said. 

"If it is, then we got an arson investigator investigating himself. Which is why he found no evidence at either crime scene." Hank said. Paityn smiled being able to do something now. 

"We better bring the captain in on this one," Nick said. 

"Ooh, Paityn you get to see your boyfriend," Hank said. 

"Shut it," Paityn said blushing a bit and Nick laughed a small bit. 

Paityn, Nick, and Hank went into the captain's office showing him the files as he was leaving. He started walking down the hall with all three of them following behind him. 

"You want to bring in Lieutenant Orson for questioning?" Sean asked. 

"Yes, his brothers were killed two years ago, and we believe Angelina Lasser was responsible," Nick said. 

"We think he figured out she was responsible for killing his brothers and killed hers for payback," Hank said. 

"Well, you think or you know?" Sean asked confused by all of this. 

"He's an arson investigator. He knows better than anyone else how to make an explosion look like an accident." Nick said. 

"We have an A.P.B. out on Angelina. How do you want us to deal with Orson?" Paityn asked. 

"Carefully. He's got a clean record. I'm not gonna protect a dirty cop, but you make sure you're right." Sean said going through the door. They started walking away but Sean gently grabbed Paityn's arm stopping her. He gently pulled her closer and she looked at him with a small smile. He pushed some hair away from her neck tilting her head a bit to see. "It's gone." He said. She smiled. 

"Yeah, It was kinda a mystery. It just kinda happened. One minute it was there, the next it wasn't." She said. Sean nodded. 

"Be careful with this case. I don't want you getting hurt anymore. Don't think I don't see you wince when you move your arm." He said. She nodded and walked away. 

~~~

Nick had brought Paityn to Monroe's the next day. He sighed as Paityn looked at him with her arms crossed. 

"Nick, what the hell. You gotta give this guy a break." She said. 

"I need Monroe's help." He said. 

"Yeah, but he needs a break sometimes. I'm sure he doesn't want us coming over every day to bother him about this stuff." She said. He parked and he got out not listening to Paityn to much. He knocked on the door. Monroe didn't answer. 

"Monroe, It's Nick open up!" He yelled. Monroe opened the door. 

"Maybe I should just get you your own key," Monroe said. He sounded down and Paityn gave him a concerned look. 

"Where's Angelina?" Nick asked. 

"I don't know," Monroe said. Paityn went beside Monroe. 

"She is a murderer," Nick said. "She killed the brothers of a cop!" Nick yelled. 

"Nick! I think he gets it!" Paityn said. Nick glared at her for a moment. 

"Just, tell me where she is," Nick said. 

"I'm going to tell you what I told her. I'm staying out of it! This Blutbad-Bauerschweinfeud goes back centuries. We get blamed for every Bauerschweindeath. Even the suicides! and by the way, She is never gonna let you or anyone else arrest her." Monroe said. 

"Right now, I'm just trying to keep them from killing each other or somebody else," Nick said. 

"Good luck with that. That's your job." Monroe said. Monroe was just done with this. Paityn could tell but she didn't know what to say. 

"You're still in love with her, aren't you?" He asked Monroe. Monroe sighed. 

"No. I'm not. There was a time when I thought maybe. Till I started waking up pulling rabbit fur out of my teeth. I don't miss those days. There's no good ending to this Nick. I mean I don't want her to die. But I don't want you to try to arrest her either. Frankly, I'd rather she just getaway, so nobody else gets hurt." Monroe said. 

"But you know that's not gonna happen," Nick said. 

"Nick. Leave him alone for once in your life." Paityn said standing in front of Monroe. 

"Let me tell you something. I want this guy dead too. Do you understand? And it is taking all my self-control not to help her. So, you can either stick around, have a glass of wine, or you can leave." Monroe said. Monroe walked around Paityn and bumped Nick's shoulder. Paityn walked past Nick. 

"You offered wine? What kind?" She asked. 

"Oh, it's just white wine. Nothing to fancy." He said. She smiled a bit. "Oh, and thanks for the gift basket." He said. 

"No prob. I did get the right Coffee right?" She asked. He nodded.

"Yes, you did." He gave her a small smile and handed her a wine glass. "Cheers." He said.

"Cheers," she said clinking glasses and taking a drink from it. 

~~~

Later Paityn left to go home after having a glass of wine with Monroe. He had to go shopping anyways. When she got home she went inside seeing Lyra playing with a little cotton ball on the ground. Paityn laughed a bit kneeling. The kitten wobbled over to her and began meowing at her and she laughed a bit. 

"Okay okay, I'll get you your milk give me a second." She said. She grabbed the milk putting it in a baby bottle like Juliet told her and She picked up Lyra beginning to feed her gently with the baby bottle. Lyra made squeaking noises as she drank from the bottle making Paityn laugh a bit. 

~~~

Paityn was called back into work and she got in to see Nick and Hank getting their stuff. She sighed quickly. 

"Dudes, I just got here and now I have to leave again?" She said. 

"Paityn, you're with me. We're going to Orson's house." Nick said. Paityn sighed following Nick out to his car and getting in the passenger side. 

~~~

Nick and Paityn walked up to the door. Nick knocked quickly. 

"Lieutenant Orson. It's detectives Burkhardt." Nick said. He grabbed the door pushing the button finding out it was open. "Orson, It's Nick and Paityn, we're coming in." He said. He walked into the living room with his gun raised and Paityn had her hand on hers just in case. 

Nick walked around until he found the bathroom and he carefully opened it with his gun up. Paityn rolled her eyes following in behind him. They looked at the bathtub that was full of either cement or mud. Paityn looked at it confused for a moment before turning around with Nick and looking around. Suddenly they both turned around seeing Orson there. 

"Relax relax it's just me!" He said. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Nick asked. 

"Mud bath." He said. 

"Yeah, we got that. But why?" Paityn asked. 

"It's a Bauerschweinthing. It soothes the skin, helps me think." He said. 

"So what are you thinking?" Nick asked. 

"You know what I was thinking. When you stopped me in the stairwell, and you figured out what I really was, I was a little freaked out at first. and then, I realized maybe you both being a Grimm, maybe that's not such a bad thing." Orson said. "We're kinda on the same side." 

"I don't think so," Nick said. 

"Angelina Lasser is a monster. You go after monsters so do I!" He yelled. Paityn was getting nervous due to being around this yelling all the time. 

"You killed two people!" Nick yelled. 

"Blutbaden are not people! Rold was an animal, just like his sister!" He yelled. Paityn's hands began shaking. 

"And Hap?" Nick asked. 

"Do you know why she killed my brothers?" He asked. 

"That doesn't matter," Nick said. 

"For fun. For sport. It was just something to do on a Saturday night." He said. 

"It's over! Put on some clothes." Nick said walking out with Paityn. Eventually, he came back out with new clothes on. 

"My brothers worked their entire lives to put a crummy roof over their heads. This is the first time one of us has gone after them." He said. "The huff-and-puff days are over. Now Burkhardt, whatever else we are, we are both cops, and we ought to be working together."

"We're not working with you. I'm putting you under arrest." Nick said. 

"This is not about the law. Do you understand? This is never gonna be about the law. How are you gonna teach a wild animal..." He started but he started sniffing the air. Soon he grabbed his gun and pointed it up making Nick raise his gun and point it at him. 

"What are you doing?" Nick asked. 

"She's here!" He yelled. Abruptly he was tackled down onto the couch by Paityn making her jump up and crawl out of the way. She watched as Angelina got on top of him. 

"Get off him!" Nick yelled. Paityn watched in horror at all this. 

"You were good to Hap, so I'm gonna give you a free pass," Angelina said and then quickly bit down on his neck making him let out a scream. Paityn froze absolutely terrified. The only thing on her mind was to run, but her body betrayed her and didn't let her move when Nick slammed his gun into her backside. 

"You're going to pay for that." She said about to attack him when Paityn pulled her gun out and shot hitting her. Within seconds Nick made it to Paityn tackling her so she couldn't shoot again and Angelina got away. 

~~~

Paityn clutched Nick's arm tightly as Orson was getting wheeled out. Paityn was still in panic mode and Nick had his arm wrapped around her waist to keep her from falling. 

"Sometimes being a cop gets in the way of what you have to do," Orson said. 

~~~

Nick had called Monroe and they had less than a 5-minute conversation before Monroe hung up. Nick dropped Paityn off at home and she slowly walked out. When Nick was gone she got in her car and drove all the way back to the station getting out and she walked up to Sean's office knocking quietly. He looked up from his paperwork. 

"Paityn? What's wrong?" He asked and he stood up walking over to her. 

"Can, Can I stay here with you for now?" She asked. He nodded concerned and he carefully pulled out a chair for her to use. She sat down and Sean gently took her hand for comfort seeing her terror. When It was silent for a while Sean pulled her chair closer and picked her up putting her on his lap and she didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around him as he did the same to her. That's all they did while they were there, hold each other safe and sound. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 642 25
Menace Whittaker has always been different and has always been shunned away because of that reason. For as long as she remembers, she has always been...
69.6K 893 78
PART 1. (Completed but being updated and rewritten.) Reed Rose was an unintended side effect of Summer's pregnancy. Too beaten and broken, both physi...
60.4K 2K 63
You and your brother Nick are thrown into the world of the Grimms after the death of your aunt. Trying to navigate this new life, you find yourself m...
179 6 5
Introduction: What would happen to the story of Grimm if Nick had a little sister? She's a FBI Agent and her partner is a Wesen. She's not a rookie a...